Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
June 17, 2013 @ 01:55 AM
phantomony

I'm going into my junior year and people are telling me how it's time to start getting info about and visiting colleges. im excited to get some independence, but cost is my main fear because i dont want my family to be broke just so i get a good education. another thing is i dont know if its social awkwardness or whatever but it scares me to go someplace new and have to find friends. i want to go to school in nyc, where theres a shitload of diversity in interests but im still worried about leaving my group of friends at home to go find new ones to skate with and like the same music and stuff like that. like how do you find kids who like that shit? idk man its to far away for me to worry, but i am for some reason
June 17, 2013 @ 01:59 AM
craigsagersuit

-go to a CC
-network
-get a part-time job
-get ya GPA up
-transfer/get in a program

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

June 17, 2013 @ 01:59 AM
B Low Brown

Craig Sager ended the thread right there tbh 

@b_low_brown Killerbrownies.tumblr.com

June 17, 2013 @ 02:04 AM
REVS

Craig basically hit the nail on the head. But for right now, I really wouldn't worry too much, because if you look at it, you're really only half way done high school. Focus on that right now. Take the SAT's, maintain a good GPA through out high school, and when it comes time to apply, apply. 

Leaving home and parting with friends and family is something everyone has to do at one point in time or another. It's all part of growing up honestly. You never really know, you might change your mind sometime between tomorrow and HS graduation and be hyped to head off to school. 

Things change in life, nothing stays the same forever, it's just something you need to cope with. As far as the social aspect of it, look at it this way, you and every other freshmen at which ever school you may choose to go to, are in the same boat. First year away from home, a brand new start. 

But overall I'd suggest do what Craig said. CC and then transfer, you'll make friends, save money, and it will help you grow academically. 

You'll be fine. 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

June 17, 2013 @ 04:38 AM
Panther.

First off, go to a state university. Save the $.
How good are your grades? If you are a "meh" student, go to CC for 2 years. Fuck the pride aspect. If you are a really good student, just go straight to a university and apply for scholarships. LOTS of them. Get financial aid. And remember, this is undergrad. Don't stress it too much.

Furthermore, junior year is a bitch. Make sure you have a good classload with AP/IB/honors, or whatever your school offers. Do well on the SAT/ACT. Your family will guide you through this decision.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

June 17, 2013 @ 08:53 AM
drbazing

If you can skip CC, do it. You'll save money and time by taking GEs and Core subjects at the same time to whatever program you're in. As for social aspect, try to be careful on joining frats. If you're really into your studies, then join an academic club, otherwise join the greeks. I don't have a good GPA (2.9) mainly because of the fratlife lol, I don't regret it tho brah haha.
June 17, 2013 @ 07:43 PM
Cheeched

On the topic of college, where the fuck am I going to shave my pubes? I'm going to be living in dorm and there's a co-ed bathroom in every floor. i'm curious cuz I usually shave my jungle in the showers jafeel?
June 18, 2013 @ 03:28 AM
cheyaaa

Look, it's normal to worry. College is an investment. It's what you do in college that matters. Take advantage where ever you decide to go. Also, college is a place to experiment, discover yourself and make substancial changes. If you are worried about finances, I'd advise attending a CC for 2 years and transfer. You'll get the best of both worlds. The fact is where you go won't change you. You can only make those adjustments yourself. If you go out of your way to meet people, you'll see yourself hanging out with more people. That's how life works. Nothing is handed to you. You just have to go get it yourself and get out of your comfort zone.

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

June 18, 2013 @ 05:00 AM

Inactive

u should watch fight club
June 18, 2013 @ 05:45 AM
buffaloclone

im home for summer right now, i was hyped to be home now im hyped to go back, il be taking summer classes from now on just so i can stay.

college is the best. if your school has a big greek system join it but wait untill second semester. best advice i can give you

http://dogfart69.tumblr.com/ follow ya boi, its pretty much all puppies and babes

June 18, 2013 @ 06:43 AM
jamestapoz

I'm going into my junior year and people are telling me how it's time to start getting info about and visiting colleges. im excited to get some independence, but cost is my main fear because i dont want my family to be broke just so i get a good education. another thing is i dont know if its social awkwardness or whatever but it scares me to go someplace new and have to find friends. i want to go to school in nyc, where theres a shitload of diversity in interests but im still worried about leaving my group of friends at home to go find new ones to skate with and like the same music and stuff like that. like how do you find kids who like that shit? idk man its to far away for me to worry, but i am for some reason
i dont know what state your in or howmuch your family income is, but check to see if you fit the criteria for financial aid. and everyone is fucking young and dumb in college, im sure you'll fit in somewhere.

Please login first to reply.