Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
June 15, 2013 @ 05:34 PM
kumonoy

see im 20 and i barely got any real close friends. No girls talk to me. im average looking. poor. i know i hjave to stay positive but its hard. People say theres always room for happiness but i have trouble on working on it. I dont even know myself very well or the kind of person i am. I work at a restaurant job and i hate. its minimum wage and i dont have the motivation anymore. i told myself before summer that i will try to change as a person but my drive seems to have died down quickly..
June 15, 2013 @ 05:37 PM
veryrareandbased

Pick up a hobby. Make beats. 

#HANSUMBOYZ / "I mean I just wanted the pussy tbh."- Thad #FREETHAD

June 15, 2013 @ 05:42 PM
tomee

go outside. get hobbies. socialize. 
June 15, 2013 @ 05:47 PM
Nyc93

Start hittin the gym. Get bigger increase your self confidence, distract you and it doesn't hurt with the ladies either

FS: Le bain pullovers DS M= 400 shipped L= 380 shipped XL= 350 shipped

June 15, 2013 @ 05:48 PM
Nyc93

go outside. get hobbies. socialize. 

I ts not that easy dude

FS: Le bain pullovers DS M= 400 shipped L= 380 shipped XL= 350 shipped

June 15, 2013 @ 05:56 PM
TigerWoods

what a dumb question
June 15, 2013 @ 06:11 PM
shnoosetheboose

Honestly man, hitting the gym if you don't already will do wonders for confidence and make you an overall happier person. Gettin bigger will make the ladies more attracted to you, so you won't be average lookin and shit. 

But the biggest thing I would do is get off the internet. The problem with people today is being absorbed in technology, our technological skills have advanced exponentially while our capacity to actually communicate with people has been horribly reduced. Just get out of the house and do your own thing, play sports, workout, don't be afraid to meet new people haha. Honestly your quality of life will go up so much more. 

Also, get rid of your shitty job. Find a place that you would enjoy working at, with people you would enjoy to be around. That's the absolute easiest way to make new friends, getting a job where you're stuck interacting with the same couple people all the time. 

Being happy doesn't just happen, you gotta make it happen.
June 15, 2013 @ 06:21 PM
rezmo.

See suicide thread.

Another bottle in the brain.

June 15, 2013 @ 06:25 PM
craigsagersuit

An entire sea of water cant sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can't put you down unless you allow it to get inside you.

i think i've said this in one of your threads before but you gotta please yourself before you please anyone else. figure out yourself. if you do  things that YOU love, to make YOURSELF happy, real friendships and relationships will come bruh. focus up on your studies, pick up a hobby like what dudes have already said, just enjoy life man. you're luckier than most of america who don't even have a job and are living on the streets. life is too short to be worrying about the little things. 

if people dont like you, hit em with the  and keep it movin.

erase yaself from your doubts and fears that are holding you back.

oh and listen to some lil b cuz sometimes all u gotta do is just ball out and cook

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

June 15, 2013 @ 06:25 PM
No Fuxx Given

Honestly man, hitting the gym if you don't already will do wonders for confidence and make you an overall happier person. Gettin bigger will make the ladies more attracted to you, so you won't be average lookin and shit. 

But the biggest thing I would do is get off the internet. The problem with people today is being absorbed in technology, our technological skills have advanced exponentially while our capacity to actually communicate with people has been horribly reduced. Just get out of the house and do your own thing, play sports, workout, don't be afraid to meet new people haha. Honestly your quality of life will go up so much more. 

Also, get rid of your shitty job. Find a place that you would enjoy working at, with people you would enjoy to be around. That's the absolute easiest way to make new friends, getting a job where you're stuck interacting with the same couple people all the time. 

Being happy doesn't just happen, you gotta make it happen.
Droppin science

Fly on little wing

June 15, 2013 @ 06:44 PM
TigerWoods

p.s op, you're still young
June 15, 2013 @ 07:19 PM
The Ders

An entire sea of water cant sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can't put you down unless you allow it to get inside you.

i think i've said this in one of your threads before but you gotta please yourself before you please anyone else. figure out yourself. if you do  things that YOU love, to make YOURSELF happy, real friendships and relationships will come bruh. focus up on your studies, pick up a hobby like what dudes have already said, just enjoy life man. you're luckier than most of america who don't even have a job and are living on the streets. life is too short to be worrying about the little things. 

if people dont like you, hit em with the  and keep it movin.

erase yaself from your doubts and fears that are holding you back.

oh and listen to some lil b cuz sometimes all u gotta do is just ball out and cook

#inspirational
June 15, 2013 @ 08:14 PM
Muted

Find out who you are first. how can someone be happy if they don't know themselves?
Get a hobby, hobbies bring in new people and new friends. Find little things that make you happy, life not worth being unhappy. Next time you decide your going to change, don't just say I'm going to change around this time. Write down and plan EVERYTHING out what you want and how you want to do it.
What the point of life if you have no purpose
June 15, 2013 @ 08:16 PM
meFLOW

quit being negative, start going out to shows, make friends, learn an instrument, blah blah blah confidence is key

2013 summer fit battle champion buying 7.5 visvim kiefers eFLOW

June 15, 2013 @ 08:26 PM
Cheeched

dead at asking if its too late to be happy.

But tbh, you need to find something that makes you happy. A lot of people are already suggesting  going to the gym, which will prob u give u some points on some bitches. And for your job, if u hate it then just apply to different jobs. You just need to get out there b.
June 15, 2013 @ 08:58 PM
YK

ima give you some real advice that might sound like common sense but i was you at one point. Im 18 tho and not 20 

get a better job (i work at a deli and get about a dollar over minumum wage and i enjoy it)
buy clothes to make you feel happier
improve on your aprearance
man up and talk to girls
move away 

where the azn girls at

June 15, 2013 @ 09:17 PM
offensive-commenter

^wow that's horrible advice. the truth is, it's too late.
June 15, 2013 @ 09:19 PM

Inactive

Happiness takes effort, it isn't just going to come to you magically. Meditate on that for a while

It also isn't going to manifest into some form of relationship or career or payroll

Happiness comes from within, and basing it off something or someone other than yourself is just setting yourself up for disappointment, because all good things must come to an end

Realize that you can change your life or how you feel about it, only you can make you happy.

Also, never strive to make people like you. Make yourself respectable, be someone you would want to make friends with. Never strive for people to like you, because you will be used up like a towel and stepped on. Respect yourself if you want the respect from others. Do only what you want to do, every minute of your life, make choices you want to make. This life you lead is in your hands only, only you have the tools necessary to change it and mold it into what you want it to become.
June 15, 2013 @ 09:48 PM
rabbitman

see im 20 and i barely got any real close friends. No girls talk to me. im average looking. poor. i know i hjave to stay positive but its hard. People say theres always room for happiness but i have trouble on working on it. I dont even know myself very well or the kind of person i am. I work at a restaurant job and i hate. its minimum wage and i dont have the motivation anymore. i told myself before summer that i will try to change as a person but my drive seems to have died down quickly..
lol i have practically the same life as you (also struggled with anxiety/depression), i feel ya. listen to the people who are talking about fitness, it made a huge positive impact for myself. you feel better/healthier, have more confidence, and it serves as an outlet for anger/depression. also, start looking for a better job or at least one where you can socialize. for the long term, make sure youre always working towards a degree at a college/university. work with your school and student advisors, they'll help you in terms of finding a career.

be careful what you pretend to be

June 15, 2013 @ 09:51 PM
rabbitman

what a dumb question
See suicide thread.
all 2013 members taking shots trying to build up e-cred

June 15, 2013 @ 10:20 PM
8zmn

live positive, turn that frown upside down 

Instagram - Bwmn

June 16, 2013 @ 12:03 AM
REVS

It's honestly never to late, no matter how old you are, or how much you think the odds are stacked against you. I see a lot of members simply posting stuff like go outside, make friends, take up hobbies. But for some, it might not be as easy as it sounds. 

As far as education goes, do you just have your HS diploma? Have you thought about attending college, possibly a CC for a few years? I think it would be not only beneficial for you to attend school for academic purposes, but there's also the social aspect of it too that you could benefit from. 

If you truly hate your job, you should quit, but before doing so, find another job that may interest you and apply. Local gyms, markets, electronic stores, etc. I think that if you found a job that you woke up to in the morning and didn't dread having to go to, it would make your life a whole lot better. 

And as far as the girl aspect of it, you need to make the first move. If you have issues with talking to girls, its just something you need to break through. I'm sure there are girls who come into the restaurant you work at, so I'm sure you'd have some chance during the day to talk to one. 

Hope some of this helps. Good luck, you'll be fine. 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

June 16, 2013 @ 12:45 AM
mrh

I'm 20 and out of no where started making shit out of leather as a new hobby this summer.  it's dope, you design shit and feels great when you can make something legit.  I also go to skateparks by myself for an hour every so often.  

Just literally get yourself to do something.  Go buy a damn bike and bike all over the place every day, that's something i'd do.  

And if you smoke weed, seriously start smoking less.  When people get in these situations, I see weed as a driving factor in them not getting out of it
June 16, 2013 @ 10:36 PM
Black Donald Trump

smoke a blunt, buy some jordans, fuck a bitch, and turn your life around bruh, go hard AF and shit will change i promise you that. 
June 16, 2013 @ 10:42 PM
cheyaaa

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprise of all the positive comment on this thread. Im sure many of us have/are feeling this right now. I know I am. My advice is to keep yourself occupy (away from your house) as much as possible. Gym, jobs, internships, summer school, heck even volunteer work. There you'll meet people with the same interest. In my opinion, having friends is the most important ingredient in having a happier life. Just be confident, initiate and you may even encounter a girl who likes you through that. The only way your life can be happier is if you make these adjustments. Stay positive, GET YOURSELF MOTIVATED AND YOU'LL SEE CHANGES. You're still young.

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

June 16, 2013 @ 10:53 PM
paulywalnuts

something i think is being overlooked in here is you can't just start lifting weights and talking to bitches to be happy...you will get laid and get friends but that gets old too...you will be buff and have a girlfriend, then realize, fuck, i am still not happy...sooner or later...same thing happens with money...
that's definitely a great start, and it's a good part of an overall happy well rounded life, but it's ephemeral, and you need more...

the hard truth is self-esteem comes from doing esteemable things...helping others...volunteer work...charity...big brother big sister...getting involved in your church...teaching kids how to read...mowing the old neighbors lawn...helping your parents around the house...moving towards living a less selfish and self-centered life, because even though you feel shitty, thats still a selfish way of thinking, because it's me-me-me...i don't feel good...i want to feel better...
you want to feel better, start doing the right thing...turn your attention to where you can be useful to others...

a good start may be to make a gratitude list...list everything your are grateful for and why...all this sounds corny but it's the truth..

i master bait from time to time

June 16, 2013 @ 11:05 PM
offensive-commenter

what a dumb question
See suicide thread.
lol e-cred? ironically, what you're doing is trying too hard to gain cool points. 
June 16, 2013 @ 11:06 PM
WhoIsCaesar

lol nigga in his feelings and shit. Nigga listening to Drake too much.

I hashtagged the hashtag and trademarked the trademark

June 16, 2013 @ 11:44 PM
rabbitman

what a dumb question
See suicide thread.
lol e-cred? ironically, what you're doing is trying too hard to gain cool points. 
nah it just annoys me when users do nothing but take shots on the internet and try to tear people down. kids depressed so why try and make things worse. you dont gain anything from that unless youre a sociopath. good luck with that

June 17, 2013 @ 12:16 AM
oneallah

listen to some eminem or kid cudi bruh
you will relax and feel much better

Please login first to reply.