Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
May 16, 2013 @ 02:15 AM
buddha-monk

Yo, so school is about to end and I need a summer job. I've had a few interviews, but none of them have called back. All these places I interviewed at have been retail outlet stores and I'm assuming that they don't call me back because of my lack of actual job experience. I mean, I had a few jobs but they've all been odd jobs like I was a photographer for a web site for a while and I've been a coach for a football camp among other random things, plus I've done a ton of volunteering and interning at hospitals and such, but I guess that stuff just doesn't cut it. So any advice on what retailers or any other employer would want to hear from someone like me during an interview?
May 16, 2013 @ 02:18 AM
intellect

Supreme is always hiring.  The workers there are a friendly bunch!
May 16, 2013 @ 02:18 AM
REVS

Make yourself look good. Don't put down you looking for "just a summer job" because you and every other high school / college kid is back and/or about to be out and looking for just a summer job. The job market is currently swamped with people like you, no offense. **

Make yourself basically available to work any-time, and let them know you can. 

Just because a place doesn't call back, doesn't mean the spot is filled. Keep calling and keep inquiring until you get the "the position has been filled, but we'll keep your folder on file for the next 90 days" call. 

Go back to previous jobs or employers, places you've volunteered at, see if anyone is looking for an employee. 

When all else fails, hit up a burger joint and you'll get a job. It isn't the best, but a paycheck is a paycheck especially for you as I'm assuming you're in high school. College?

**Edit: You actually should have started looking for a summer job 2 months ago. 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

May 16, 2013 @ 02:22 AM
buddha-monk

Make yourself look good. Don't put down you looking for "just a summer job" because you and every other high school / college kid is back and/or about to be out and looking for just a summer job. The job market is currently swamped with people like you, no offense. **

Just because a place doesn't call back, doesn't mean the spot is filled. Keep calling and keep inquiring until you get the "the position has been filled, but we'll keep your folder on file for the next 90 days" call. 

Go back to previous jobs or employers, places you've volunteered at, see if anyone is looking for an employee. 

When all else fails, hit up a burger joint and you'll get a job. It isn't the best, but a paycheck is a paycheck especially for you as I'm assuming you're in high school. College?

**Edit: You actually should have started looking for a summer job 2 months ago. 
lol yeah, I'm aware of this by now. But yeah, thanks for the input.
May 16, 2013 @ 02:31 AM

Inactive

i was desperate last summer and took up a job at burger king... worse shit ever but aye i got paid cool

last week i got this job at a call centre

an advice i can give you is you have to demonstrate confidence in everything(cover letter, interview etc.) and explain to them what you can bring to them(instead of what the job can do for you)

also like REVS says make sure you call back

if worse comes to worst start moving ye

good luck my nigga cool
May 16, 2013 @ 02:33 AM
craigsagersuit

Make yourself look good. Don't put down you looking for "just a summer job" because you and every other high school / college kid is back and/or about to be out and looking for just a summer job.

this. they don't wanna waste their time training you only to have you leave 2-4 months after

keep ya resume to one page. just edit it a little bit when you use it for other jobs

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

May 16, 2013 @ 02:28 PM
Pantic

Yo if you want a summer job try looking for places that are only active in summer time, like icecream houses by the beach or swimming pool jobs or some shit. I used to slang ice cream in the summertime and it's a pretty decent job, you get to talk to lots of fine bitches in no clothing
May 16, 2013 @ 07:48 PM
KiddCoast

Idk where you stay but tourist spots will pick anybody up. Prking jobs are always in meed of people too

Twitter: @KiddCoast

May 16, 2013 @ 10:21 PM
bootynuggets

when you apply for a job online, do you still have to call up the place you applied to and ask them if they got your application and shit?

I produce with a friend for fun. https://soundcloud.com/kopm

May 21, 2013 @ 08:58 AM
Rodney D Ellis

You gotta find a job that fits to lifestyle! Interview run smoother that way other wise you'll seem desperate for money rather than desiring a career.

fuck the internet

Please login first to reply.