May 9, 2013 @ 02:29 AM
Homes

PROVEN: Weed has been found to decrease your IQ slightly while it is still active in your system. Researchers found in a study that regular smokers (who were currently smoking) had slightly lower IQs then when they weren't smoking. However, their IQs returned to normal after they stopped smoking for a couple months.

PROVEN: Marijuana messes up your sleep cycle by disallowing you (or allowing you much less often) to go into the REM portion of your sleep cycle. This generally sticks around until you've been abstinent from weed for at least a couple days.

PROVEN: Marijuana is less chemically addictive than alcohol or tobacco. Just like there are plenty of people hooked on caffeine, weed addiction is more about lifetsyle or your personal psychology than about actual chemical dependence.

UNPROVEN: Smoking weed has a correlation (not necessarily causation) to a decreased risk of some kinds of cancer. Research think this may be caused in part by cannibinols in weed stimulating growth of the white blood cells that fight cancer cells.

PROVEN: THC in marijuana prevents the formation of deposits in the brain associated with Alzheimer's disease. THC was found to prevent an enzyme from accelerating the formation of "Alzheimer plaques" in the brain
more effectively than commercially marketed drugs. A 2012 review from the Philosophical Transactions of a Royal Society B suggested that activating the cannabinoid system may trigger an "anti-oxidant cleanse" in the brain. The review found cannabinoids may slow decline in age and disease-related cognitive functioning.

Basically, there's a lot of good shit weed does and most of the bad shit that it does is caused by the actual smoking of weed itself (if you smoke it rather than eat an edible or vaporize it, it has a lot of the same tars in it that cigarettes do). There are also a few studies suggesting that marijuana use is correlated with psychoses (such as schizophrenia) but more likely its just that people with psychoses are more drawn to smoke weed.
May 9, 2013 @ 02:44 AM
dinkleberg

every time i get fucking high my perception of myself and the people i know changes. it's so fucking weird. it's like i can see right through the shell that every one is hiding in and especially myself. i don't like getting high that much anymore because of how i think when i'm on it. i try to have fun, but i know that deep down when i'm high that i be thinking about this shit and it has in the past made me super depressed before. 
May 9, 2013 @ 03:53 AM
itZj0k3R

Shit makes you content with whatever your situation is. So if you're always getting high you could be throwing your life away & not even give 1 fuck
Quote for the truth.

My life has been going greatly downhill after HS.  Was a 4.0, Honors & AP student in HS, smoking occasionally.

Got dumped by gf of 3 years sophomore year of college, depression hit hard.  Since I was away for college, smoking was an easy "escape".  Smoked almost every day.  Realized smoking wasn't helping me feel any less depressed, it just made EVERYTHING around me worst.  I realized I was just running away from my problems and got nowhere.  Shit went downhill.  I'm not addicted to it or anything, I can go weeks without it given that I was put in the situation where I shouldn't be smoking (like while I'm at home).  Having my own place just made it readily available.  Easy "escape".

I guess a combination of things really turned things around for me.  And weed just made things worst (for me that is).
May 9, 2013 @ 03:56 AM

Inactive

state of mind*
May 9, 2013 @ 03:57 AM
REVS

Smoking leads to heart problems, plus it fucks up your mentality, and turns you to a lil bitch cause all you do is blaze and forget about your problems.
....your avi?...Ironic...

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

May 9, 2013 @ 04:04 AM
Moises Arias

the biggest is you become annoying as fuck when your high to everyone who isnt. Dont believe me watch "Mac and Devin go to high school" without being high. I've never turned off a movie so fast in my life.

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

May 9, 2013 @ 04:06 AM
HansumBasedFlexDaddy

Your ability to learn is immensely reduced for at least a  couple of weeks after smoking. Thats the only proven effect, i THINK.
Not true. My memory was actually better in the following weeks after I smoked. I could memorize very easily and recite it at will for all of my exams and whatnot.

Hansum + Based = Perfection

May 9, 2013 @ 04:15 AM

Inactive

Think consciousness.

The more conscious you are, well, the more you'll be able to do anything.

Thus the marijuana.
May 9, 2013 @ 04:18 AM
Stereotype

makes you watch youtube adds
May 9, 2013 @ 04:39 AM
PatCapone

Short term memory loss
May 9, 2013 @ 05:00 AM
O$VMA

Good Vibes .

May 9, 2013 @ 05:09 AM
jamesjebbia

just don't let it become your life and you'll be straight
May 9, 2013 @ 05:34 AM
kbos

Shit makes you content with whatever your situation is. So if you're always getting high you could be throwing your life away & not even give 1 fuck
^^ so true

But to add to it, socially less acceptable once you get past high school mentality age.  In other words, good luck getting a good paying job.  I think this one is proven for the most part.
Less than you'd think, a lot of very successful people smoke weed, I know of a doctor and a few nurses who do, most of my family does, my parents were smokers, and where I grew up and in my social circles its not uncommon that successful middle aged people smoke weed, even in the upper middle class. I've even smoked weed with my 86 year old grandfather. Of course these elders who smoke aren't smoking 5 blunts every day, they just take a few hits when they want to kick back. The reason I mention this is because I think there is a miss conception amongst teenagers and sometimes even college students, older people don't tend to be very open about their weed smoking with the young. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to smoke pot and get a well paying job as long as you are able to work hard and function well as a weed smoker, and you are willing to stop smoking pot for while if drug testing is required.

I have a love hate relationship with weed, i've concluded it is excellent used in moderation and it sucks if you just sit around smoking weed all day. I just think its naive to throw all weed smokers in one category - people of all ages and various economic statuses smoke so many different kinds of weed to many different levels of excess for so many different reasons.

My least favorite things about weed is it makes me lazy, it costs a lot of money, and depending on the type of weed and the type of situation, being high can make me feel uncomfortable when normally i'd feel fine.
May 9, 2013 @ 05:41 AM
O$VMA

^^ so true

But to add to it, socially less acceptable once you get past high school mentality age.  In other words, good luck getting a good paying job.  I think this one is proven for the most part.
Less than you'd think, a lot of very successful people smoke weed, I know of a doctor and a few nurses who do, most of my family does, my parents were smokers, and where I grew up and in my social circles its not uncommon that successful middle aged people smoke weed, even in the upper middle class. I've even smoked weed with my 86 year old grandfather. Of course these elders who smoke aren't smoking 5 blunts every day, they just take a few hits when they want to kick back. The reason I mention this is because I think there is a miss conception amongst teenagers and sometimes even college students, older people don't tend to be very open about their weed smoking with the young. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to smoke pot and get a well paying job as long as you are able to work hard and function well as a weed smoker, and you are willing to stop smoking pot for while if drug testing is required.

I have a love hate relationship with weed, i've concluded it is excellent used in moderation and it sucks if you just sit around smoking weed all day. I just think its naive to throw all weed smokers in one category - people of all ages and various economic statuses smoke so many different kinds of weed to many different levels of excess for so many different reasons.
True , weed is perfect when used moderately , but the sad truth is ; majority of teenagers just abuse the plant on a daily basis and become lethargic beings . 

Good Vibes .

May 9, 2013 @ 05:55 AM
keepinitReal

You make posts like this http://hypebeast.com/forums/off-topic/200785

Fist Pumpin Like Champs

May 9, 2013 @ 06:00 AM
Fonze

High right now and procrastinating on a 14 page paper that is due next wednesday. However, so is every other senior, stoner or not. I do admit that the weed can get me distracted, but it's really only the act of smoking that gets me distracted. Once I'm high, I can focus on anything I choose to do. For example, writing this paragraph. Anyways, weed is what you make of it. If you use it and have your shit together good. If you use it and you're failing your classes and shit, well then maybe weed is the problem. Then again, maybe it's not. Fuck it. Peace and pot guys.
May 9, 2013 @ 06:32 AM
franjoli

High right now and procrastinating on a 14 page paper that is due next wednesday. However, so is every other senior, stoner or not. I do admit that the weed can get me distracted, but it's really only the act of smoking that gets me distracted. Once I'm high, I can focus on anything I choose to do. For example, writing this paragraph. Anyways, weed is what you make of it. If you use it and have your shit together good. If you use it and you're failing your classes and shit, well then maybe weed is the problem. Then again, maybe it's not. Fuck it. Peace and pot guys.
shut the fuck up stoner faggot

WTB: UNIQLO x UNDERCOVER FISHTAIL UTILITY PARKA IN SIZE S/M ANY COLOUR MESSAGE

May 9, 2013 @ 06:45 AM
cake.

weed only has negative effects if you allow it to have negative effects. Same thing with alcohol, and really any drug... really anyTHING, for that matter.  if you have your priorities set, i think weed has zero negative effects.

Moderation is key

cool cool 
May 9, 2013 @ 12:30 PM
kbos

Thats not even procrastinating yet fam. Procrastinating is starting the day before, popping addy, and working on it throughout the whole night. But I completely agree with you, fuck being high and doing school work, I can't do it either. My simple solution is to not smoke when I have important things to do.
May 9, 2013 @ 12:47 PM
svrreal

i stoped smoking on an everyday basis like 2 or 3 years ago since then i only smoke occasionally and tbh i cant even enjoy it like that anymore. i always need a few beer when i smoke to keep my self confidence. im not sure why its like that since i loved being stoned when i was younger but nowadays when i just smoke by myself and dont drink i start to question everything and i cant stop it. sometimes i get depressed as fuck when im alone while stoned. so i only smoke weed when drink alcohol and when my friends around.

and tbh a lot of my friends are still heavy smokers and i see the negative effects on some of them too. a friend i had started smoking at the same time i did but never stoped and hes like 6.5 but only 150lbs and he isolated himself from everyone only stays at home smoking weed he doesnt even open the door when youre infront of his house and you can even see him hes a fucking weirdo
May 9, 2013 @ 01:09 PM
Mr_Chukes

This shit just sounds depressing. Throwing away your life because you are happy with whatever you are doing.  
May 9, 2013 @ 01:41 PM
yungdeath

you niggas make smoking weed sound like a big deal. I'ma start a negative effects of eating salmon thread. 
May 9, 2013 @ 02:38 PM
keepit100g

eats up all my fucking money
May 9, 2013 @ 02:39 PM

Inactive

This shit just sounds depressing. Throwing away your state of mind because you are happy with whatever you are doing.  

fixed

for future enlightenment
May 9, 2013 @ 03:19 PM
kushburner

weed kills
May 9, 2013 @ 03:31 PM
cormilk

makes you watch youtube adds
Lol 2 true bruh 

Ig@rickrossowens

May 9, 2013 @ 03:35 PM
REVS

Everything in moderation, I suppose.

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

May 9, 2013 @ 07:37 PM
Vancouver

PROVEN: Weed has been found to decrease your IQ slightly while it is still active in your system. Researchers found in a study that regular smokers (who were currently smoking) had slightly lower IQs then when they weren't smoking. However, their IQs returned to normal after they stopped smoking for a couple months.

PROVEN: Marijuana messes up your sleep cycle by disallowing you (or allowing you much less often) to go into the REM portion of your sleep cycle. This generally sticks around until you've been abstinent from weed for at least a couple days.

PROVEN: Marijuana is less chemically addictive than alcohol or tobacco. Just like there are plenty of people hooked on caffeine, weed addiction is more about lifetsyle or your personal psychology than about actual chemical dependence.

UNPROVEN: Smoking weed has a correlation (not necessarily causation) to a decreased risk of some kinds of cancer. Research think this may be caused in part by cannibinols in weed stimulating growth of the white blood cells that fight cancer cells.

PROVEN: THC in marijuana prevents the formation of deposits in the brain associated with Alzheimer's disease. THC was found to prevent an enzyme from accelerating the formation of "Alzheimer plaques" in the brain

more effectively than commercially marketed drugs. A 2012 review from the Philosophical Transactions of a Royal Society B suggested that activating the cannabinoid system may trigger an "anti-oxidant cleanse" in the brain. The review found cannabinoids may slow decline in age and disease-related cognitive functioning.

Basically, there's a lot of good shit weed does and most of the bad shit that it does is caused by the actual smoking of weed itself (if you smoke it rather than eat an edible or vaporize it, it has a lot of the same tars in it that cigarettes do). There are also a few studies suggesting that marijuana use is correlated with psychoses (such as schizophrenia) but more likely its just that people with psychoses are more drawn to smoke weed.
damn son a couple months?

having 2nd thoughts
May 9, 2013 @ 07:50 PM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

depersonalization 

if you aren't content with your current life progress well obviously it'll make you anxious as fuck
depersonalization is the worst feeling ever

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/217784 http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/206983

May 10, 2013 @ 12:35 AM
oneallah

do it in moderation, sometimes a month is fine, dont some like 5 times a day(i know some people like that and all they do is wake up, smoke, and go to sleep after fapping on the computer)
dont be like this dude;

yeah obviously everyone smokes once in a while and thats fine,
when i first did it i got anxious as hell, like i would get kidnapped or something, i was spazzing out
than the next few times i just became super fucking lazy, to the point where my mind was so lazy i couldnt even speak, i just sat there and listened to kid cudi feeling like i was floating in the universe
dont do it anymore just because i have to take constant drug tests at my current job and also because i just cchoose not to do it,
yes like everything if you do too much of it it will give you some problems but with moderation you will be fine, great drug, MUCH BETTER THAN THE POISON CALLED CIGARETTES
i know some guys from high school who were 4.0 students but lives fucked up with a pothead addiction, now they just stay at home all day while there parents work

Please login first to reply.