Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
May 7, 2013 @ 07:04 AM
Ordell Robbie

To all members,

As someone who has been on this forum for several years, I feel the need to say something.

What happened?

It baffles me that in an ever expanding world of 7 billion people, you feel no need to connect and work with those you share commonalities. Although this forum is young and has had a countless amount of members who were clowns and jackasses, it is in no way an excuse for the current general attitude. I can in no way pin point the exact reason you joined this forum, but I am sure that it in some way revolves around the connected world of the internet and fashion. Even if you have no interest in pursuing a career in fashion, we still all share this common interest.

Although this forum is nowhere near as active and popular as it once was, I know that it could be better. Instead of criticizing, I suggest networking, communicating, and creating original products/ideas/experiences with other members. Why criticize and ignore people you may have something in common with? We come from all different places, cultures, and backgrounds, and yet we still have something in common. The large and exponentially growing world is getting a tougher place to live in each day. Work together with people you know you can work with.

Granted a portion of you will just say "tldr, "you're gay" or leave an unrelated .gif in the comments, which is fine, keep doing you. I could give a flying fuck. In fact, a large reason of why I enjoy the forum is because of the ridiculous shit you guys say to each other. However at the end of the day you know I'm right. In the 21st century, the internet can be the greatest tool or the greatest waste of time. I've seen members on this forum get theirs and it's great to see. I say this because I hope more members can.

Much love from the Bay. Let's get this money.
May 7, 2013 @ 07:11 AM
daytona squared

because years back this website was only known by people who werent retards then all the tumblr/odd future nerds found the forums and invaded and this place has become a shitter version of 4chan/bb forum

4 years ago these idiots would have just been banned by helgen or flamed into oblivion lol 

rip subprime

May 7, 2013 @ 07:21 AM
AlphaMale

suspended

A forum filled with little shithead teenagers doesn't last. Those shitheads eventually grow up and new shit heads pop up that are even dumber than the last batch. That's life son.
May 7, 2013 @ 07:21 AM
kbos

The old days were great, and drastically different, but there are still occasional good threads.
May 7, 2013 @ 07:22 AM
Jollibee.

because years back this website was only known by people who werent retards then all the tumblr/odd future nerds found the forums and invaded and this place has become a shitter version of 4chan/bb forum

4 years ago these idiots would have just been banned by helgen or flamed into oblivion lol 
why cant mods do that now?
why are they such pussies?
someone should obliterate them fags in the supreme thread cus i cant find a god damn good info cus its always spammed by shitty shit shit
May 7, 2013 @ 07:24 AM
DREWKKAKE

its a couple things that have led to the decline of the 'old' forum and its community

In order of appearance.

-Permanent banning in 06-09, lost a lot of og members that never bothered to come back)
-Fit Fridays, got a bunch of clowns joining to get their wdywt up in the main page
-Odd future, not just lame odd future fans, but all young 'rappers' trying to join the come up
-Pissed old forum members who lost their OG accounts and decided trolling was more fun
-Shoutbox, Took the rest of the old members away from the forum and they only stay in the sb
-forum redesign.. They changed it away from vbulletin (out of my hands) and we lost most functionality of the forum. 

some cliffnotes for you guys.

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

May 7, 2013 @ 10:21 AM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

why cant mods do that now?
why are they such pussies?
someone should obliterate them fags in the supreme thread cus i cant find a god damn good info cus its always spammed by shitty shit shit
i ban multiple people a day who keep spamming the supreme thread. dont think i do nothing, on this site you have the ability to flag a post and all flagged posts will be reviewed by mods, about 70% of all flagged posts on the WHOLE forum come from the supreme thread because there is so much shit in that thread, most of the times its hard to keep up with it especially since im located in a different timezone

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/217784 http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/206983

May 7, 2013 @ 10:37 AM
Captain Al

OP has a good point. Delivered it better than most...

but every 3months or so, somebody (most often OGs) complaining about the state of HB...

not much we can do imo.

tumblr: bankpaper.tumblr.com Instagram: @bankpaper

May 7, 2013 @ 11:05 AM
Canvas08

its a couple things that have led to the decline of the 'old' forum and its community

In order of appearance.

-Permanent banning in 06-09, lost a lot of og members that never bothered to come back)
-Fit Fridays, got a bunch of clowns joining to get their wdywt up in the main page
-Odd future, not just lame odd future fans, but all young 'rappers' trying to join the come up
-Pissed old forum members who lost their OG accounts and decided trolling was more fun
-Shoutbox, Took the rest of the old members away from the forum and they only stay in the sb
-forum redesign.. They changed it away from vbulletin (out of my hands) and we lost most functionality of the forum. 

you forgot the-coli nerds making dumb threads and posting those terrible emojis/smileys/whatever from their forum way more than the blackshoe.jpg was ever posted
May 7, 2013 @ 02:20 PM
Wavey_LenZ

So far in this thread the criticism of the forum has stemmed from the belief that good members equals a good forum when its obvious that what makes a good forum is quality posts.
I'm sure this forum has loads of interesting and knowledgeable members but if they don't post then what's the fucking point?
For example OP has been a member for 5 years and has only posted 32 times. Judging by the first post, he can put in the work to make a well thought out and detailed statement so why doesn't he post more?
Of course it will always be easier for some posters to troll people and argue about stupid shite rather than making quality posts but if they get ignored and shown by other members how to post well then they might join in.

May 7, 2013 @ 03:11 PM
(G)TRAP

suspended

In order of appearance.

you forgot the-coli nerds making dumb threads and posting those terrible emojis/smileys/whatever from their forum way more than the blackshoe.jpg was ever posted
May 7, 2013 @ 03:23 PM
kbos

most of the OG's on this site are lames though

lol the other night in SB one of them was trying to saying how hes a someone on the forum and im a no one and i was like dam man? niggas really take this shit that serious? like you actually have a heirachy for who has the most social status on a forum...

cmon now, dont be ridiculous
I don't agree that most of the OG's are lames but I guess I am one so im biased. I appreciate what OG members are left because typically they make more mature contributions and bring some nostalgia to the table. Of course, naturally im going to have more in common with the older heads who came here for the sneaker culture. All the new kids on here today will grow into their 20s mature and watch the reasons they first came to HB fade away and evolve into something new, and then you'll have 2012 members hating on 2016 members, on a forum with so many young kids bound to mature and new young kids constantly joining I figure it will go in a cycle. I might be just rambling though, others have made better points than me in the thread.
May 7, 2013 @ 03:45 PM
craigsagersuit

In order of appearance.

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

May 7, 2013 @ 03:46 PM

Inactive

damn this thread is gay as fuck honestly

why are you living in the past
May 7, 2013 @ 04:06 PM
fakeasslondon

So many feels
Gawd yall soft
The past is the past
Why would you want the forum to stay the exact same
The og posters grew up n left
The yung nighad moved in
And the no name og members tryed to ether but was too pussy
This is corny I know but I lurked in this shit since 07 and I admit it wass wayy better
Wdywt actually had good post people actually posted fits
Everybody posted fits
Shit I honestly think I'm the most consistent at posting fits
Yes my shit fake but who the hell cares it WHAT I WORE TODAY
If that shit upset u grow the fuk up and be the mature person your trying to portray yourself as
Like I told mills in the pm's a lot of the members on here are lil bitches
Not as bad as sufu or ktt but yall upthere on the pussy scale
May 7, 2013 @ 04:09 PM

Inactive

Niggas don't know progession
May 7, 2013 @ 04:20 PM
Soul Rize

agreed this could be the first step to big potential. i know i'll be on here when i'm a millionaire. 

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

May 7, 2013 @ 04:24 PM

Inactive

agreed this could be the first step to big potential. i know i'll be on here when i'm a millionaire. 
me too man
May 7, 2013 @ 04:49 PM
thepreciselife

the fact that this site always seems to have server problems doesnt help either.

ThePreciseLife.com

May 7, 2013 @ 05:50 PM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

I think the older members should post more in the wdywt thread. The wdywt always been the base of off topic. I really get the feeling most new members arent progressing, maybe some members just want to share their fits but I remember I really used the criticism to get better fits. 

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/217784 http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/206983

May 7, 2013 @ 06:06 PM
trajic

suspended

This will never work espically when you have a Mod that will delete everything you say or block you if you hurt his feelings

And this is the shit i was tryna promote cause as much as yall niggas will deny it but i would have made HB more popular.

Theres a fucking 1 post a day rule now and if you dare to make a thread thats different it will just get deleted. 

Again though yall will deny this but me and John and London could make HB 10 x better cause we would make decent threads but its pointless when you can only make 1 thread a day.

As i said before HB will fall off because its just plain boring 

- Tracy Jackson
May 7, 2013 @ 06:31 PM
PERFECT WHITE MALE

frailcelot lost
May 7, 2013 @ 07:14 PM
daytona squared

4 years ago dudes like john lamone, london, and whatever annoying ass 4chan rejects are on here woulda been perma banned within 2hrs lol thats the problem 

/end discussion 

rip subprime

May 7, 2013 @ 07:38 PM
megustaleche

This will never work espically when you have a Mod that will delete everything you say or block you if you hurt his feelings

And this is the shit i was tryna promote cause as much as yall niggas will deny it but i would have made HB more popular.

Theres a fucking 1 post a day rule now and if you dare to make a thread thats different it will just get deleted. 

Again though yall will deny this but me and John and London could make HB 10 x better cause we would make decent threads but its pointless when you can only make 1 thread a day.

As i said before HB will fall off because its just plain boring 

- Tracy Jackson
didnt you just say couple days ago you were leaving hb and not coming back

My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious

May 7, 2013 @ 09:14 PM
kbos

I think the older members should post more in the wdywt thread. The wdywt always been the base of off topic. I really get the feeling most new members arent progressing, maybe some members just want to share their fits but I remember I really used the criticism to get better fits. 
lol im too lazy. I've posted 1 or 2 fit pics a year since joining.
May 7, 2013 @ 09:54 PM
daytona squared

4 years ago dudes like john lamone, london, and whatever annoying ass 4chan rejects are on here woulda been perma banned within 2hrs lol thats the problem 

/end discussion 
what are you bringing to the table though breh? your fits are shit every time... all you get is downvotesand not only that but people usually post your face pics aswell for a final insult, you dont make any funny threads, u dont offer anything of value or substance, all u do is complain

seems the only thing you're bringing to the table is your join date

congrats on posting pictures from my PUBLIC facebook with over 50 friends from the hb forums? fucking retard go back to 4chan please 

rip subprime

May 8, 2013 @ 05:55 AM
Ordell Robbie

Who cares about a join date. That is so irrelevant. You could have been on this forum since day one and been the hugest cunt. New members can be great. They keep the forum moving and growing. Hypebeast will forever be young. I think it should be. However, stop acting like some young narcissistic and arrogant kids. In the world we live in, you got to be young and hungry.

I think you guys missed the point. It's all about what you have to bring to the table. Even if you think you have nothing, I'm here to tell you we at least all share something in common. If we didn't, we wouldn't be on this website.

Doesn't it just seem like a waste of time to be on here if you get nothing out of it? If you like to waste time, you're wasting an important resource.

This is just my two cents. You can take it or leave it. It's all good.
May 8, 2013 @ 06:05 AM
AndreLutherKing

Ordell I really do enjoy your ideology on the subject & agree with it completely. Unlike most who complain about HB you are actually giving ways to make it better

Chicks barely dancin, glancin every chance they get, like - oh shit, he's so HANSUM

May 8, 2013 @ 06:11 AM
franjoli

/end discussion 
what are you bringing to the table though breh? your fits are shit every time... all you get is downvotesand not only that but people usually post your face pics aswell for a final insult, you dont make any funny threads, u dont offer anything of value or substance, all u do is complain

seems the only thing you're bringing to the table is your join date

congrats on posting pictures from my PUBLIC facebook with over 50 friends from the hb forums? fucking retard go back to 4chan please 

go back to the gym breh lol

WTB: UNIQLO x UNDERCOVER FISHTAIL UTILITY PARKA IN SIZE S/M ANY COLOUR MESSAGE

May 8, 2013 @ 06:32 AM
AmericanLegend

dat chambray vest thou

taste the glamour

Please login first to reply.