Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
April 16, 2013 @ 02:25 PM
kbos

Boston is a small city we aren't LA or NYC. Everybody comes out to see the race, its one of our biggest events of the year. I have immediate family that lives within eye sight of yesterdays bombs, friends who run that race every year. It hits close to home for me and a lot of heads in yesterdays thread. I been posted up outside of those spots on Boyalston everyone who came up in Boston has, whether skating with friends, hitting the bars, or teens getting bums to cop them liquor. I spent hours on the phone yesterday checking up on everyone with my heart racing. I can feel my home towns spirit from NYC, the bean is really coming together like one big fam right now, from my homies in the hood out in Dorchester to my silver spoon homies out in Newton. Its not 5th ave our blocks are tight knit. The Boston marathon thread is no place to spew a hipster agenda, im calling heads like Napolean and Jacob out. I get it, you want to raise awareness about world events and put Boston on a relative scale, but let it be known that if you really gave a fuck you'd be making your own threads instead of piggy backing off other peoples pain. Post all you want about other tragedies in this thread, think of it as your outlet to pretend you really give a fuck. Kony 2012 ass posters.

Edit: On another note, fuck the Muslim bashers too, if you were educated worth a damn you'd recognize there is a sizeable population of Muslims thats fam in Boston just like everyone else right now. We don't know who did it, and hypothetically if this was done by Muslim extremist you can be sure a lot more Muslims would be upset about this than happy. Hillbilly ass posters.
April 16, 2013 @ 02:38 PM
adoboFosho

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

April 16, 2013 @ 03:08 PM
REVS

Fuck Jacobsever. 

I know how big of a deal the race and Patriots day is, got family out in Cambridge. Hope everyone is doing ok Kbos. 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

April 16, 2013 @ 03:18 PM
backlikethat

My heart goes out to everyone who was affected by the bombing but fuck Boston. Dumb ass city.
April 16, 2013 @ 06:00 PM
Gilly Suits

Muslim movement in Boston is real as fcuk. Take a ride up towards the north end of Blue Hill Ave, you see nothing but the Black Muslim movement. Not to mention, one of the biggest figures (Malcolm X) is a true Bostonian despite his many places lived.

Culective.com //

April 16, 2013 @ 06:02 PM
RyandaGod

Boston we in dis cool
April 16, 2013 @ 06:30 PM
SHARKlN

^ Wrong.

I have no connection to boston whatsoever other than visiting once. I feel pain inside for the victims of this tragedy. Try to prove me wrong. Your negative attitude lends towards the problems of the world. Positivity and goodness will outweigh the bad. Always has and always will.
April 16, 2013 @ 06:34 PM

Inactive

^ Wrong.

I have no connection to boston whatsoever other than visiting once. I feel pain inside for the victims of this tragedy. Try to prove me wrong. Your negative attitude lends towards the problems of the world. Positivity and goodness will outweigh the bad. Always has and always will.
Yeh u care cuz the tragedy is current... but in the long run ppl dont give a fuck about each other.

We stay buying unnecessary things and tryin to get richer WHEN KIDS IN THE WORLD DIE OF HUNGER.(jus think about it man...)

Truth is, we're selfish creatures. This is a fact. We only care for a moment or when its about our loved ones. Vey few people truly care.
April 16, 2013 @ 07:38 PM
Dino Spumoni

I'm with this. As for the Muslim shit, if I'm wrong I'll humbly apologize and take the L, but I don't think I will be cool

But yea fuck that little pedo hobbit Jacob
April 16, 2013 @ 07:42 PM
(G)TRAP

suspended

dis shit is bangin hard as fuck
April 16, 2013 @ 08:02 PM
Black Donald Trump

^ Wrong.

Yeh u care cuz the tragedy is current... but in the long run ppl dont give a fuck about each other.

We stay buying unnecessary things and tryin to get richer WHEN KIDS IN THE WORLD DIE OF HUNGER.(jus think about it man...)

Truth is, we're selfish creatures. This is a fact. We only care for a moment or when its about our loved ones. Vey few people truly care.
ya obviously we are not all totally selfless but you act like everyone is evil. could it possibly be that humans are not inherently evil or 100% good? that maybe we are just people trying to live? so annoying when people see things and take them to extreme conclusions. 
April 16, 2013 @ 08:05 PM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

^ Wrong.

nah b, squirtle squid is right.. you DO have a connection to boston as they are your fellow americans. You'll never meet those sand niggas in the middle east and thats why most americans dont care about em

During war everbody is wrong, those suicide bombings are fucking disgusting but the usa dont play around in the middle east either..

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/217784 http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/206983

April 16, 2013 @ 09:05 PM
crackpipeuser

honestly 2 people died, the whole country is going ape shit. I bet two different people died in a car accident on the east coast the same day. how come people aint sayin "PRAY 4 CAR ACCIDENT VICTIMS", or hundreds of people die every week in Syria too.

The US just needs another scapegoat and the media needs something to fixate on.
April 16, 2013 @ 09:11 PM
DarianaGrande

honestly 2 people died, the whole country is going ape shit. I bet two different people died in a car accident on the east coast the same day. how come people aint sayin "PRAY 4 CAR ACCIDENT VICTIMS", or hundreds of people die every week in Syria too.

This is the shit I hate. Everytime a tragedy happens some faggot has to go on some rant about how "more people are dying in blah blah blah".

Here's a question. Do you talk or actually do anything about Syria or car accident victims?, or only when American tragedies happen do you choose to mention them like your a god damn philanthropist.  That doesnt make you any better than the people pretending to give a shit about the people in Boston.

http://soundcloud.com/anonymousnigger

April 16, 2013 @ 09:15 PM
EEK A LURKER

Hard to put yourself in another persons shoe's, when you are not a big enough person to fit them.

Some of you need to remember a word.

Respect.

.wa do dem.

April 16, 2013 @ 09:38 PM
crackpipeuser

This is the shit I hate. Everytime a tragedy happens some faggot has to go on some rant about how "more people are dying in blah blah blah".

Here's a question. Do you talk or actually do anything about Syria or car accident victims?, or only when American tragedies happen do you choose to mention them like your a god damn philanthropist.  That doesnt make you any better than the people pretending to give a shit about the people in Boston.

Easy there fuck boy. I have been following the crisis in Syria for a while now, and in relation to amount of bloodshed and carnage that is taking place  it seldom appears in the news. Do you think if 10 kids died in Syria today it would even make the back section of tomorrows newspaper? I doubt it. Yet 2 fucking people die in a "terrorist" attack on boston and North America as a whole is mourning. Americans have a superiority complex and feel that the lives of people in the US are more valuable then those in other nations
April 16, 2013 @ 09:41 PM
DarianaGrande

What have you done for them? Are you sending money? Looking in to Peace Corps type programs that help these people? or only get louder about it when American tragedies happen? Dont wait for shit like this to stand on your soapbox most likely filled with fleshlights.

April 16, 2013 @ 09:41 PM
crackpipeuser

So bring that up 24/7. Dont wait for American tragedies to stand on your soapbox most likely filled with fleshlights.

my soapbox is filled with naked pictures of your bitch.
April 16, 2013 @ 09:43 PM
crackpipeuser

my point is that the media essentially controls peoples emotions. if they didn't cover the bombing in the obsessive fashion that they are now, people would largely be unaffected by it.
April 16, 2013 @ 09:51 PM
DarianaGrande

my point is that the media essentially controls peoples emotions. if they didn't cover the bombing in the obsessive fashion that they are now, people would largely be unaffected by it.
and downplaying the lives of some won't bring awareness (and more importantly change) to others is my point

April 16, 2013 @ 10:20 PM

Inactive

^ Wrong.

ya obviously we are not all totally selfless but you act like everyone is evil. could it possibly be that humans are not inherently evil or 100% good? that maybe we are just people trying to live? so annoying when people see things and take them to extreme conclusions. 
Ok but... did I make that claim?

All I said is the majority of people only care about themselves and the people in their immediate circle. Is this a lie? How does that translate to saying everyone is 100% evil? I even pointed that there is actually people that truly care, albeit very few.

I mean, jus think about it. If we werent so busy trying to raise our already ridiculously high status in relation to the rest of the planet, we could take care of most the problems around it.

I mean, we have days in the year DEDICATED TO SPENDING LARGE SUMS OF MONEY ON EACH OTHER.

Like, thats a thing that we do. Yearly. While other people die of starvation.

Im not saying were 100% evil and im not saying greed and selfishness are innate(at least I hope they arent), but its pretty clear that we dont care enough about each other.
April 16, 2013 @ 11:57 PM
snapper pow

real talk i feel that. hadda call my fam to make sure they were all good. both my sister's and brother in law's work went into lock down. and my sister in law was a block from the finish.

just 5 years ago i joined my sister for the last block across the finish line when she ran it. shit's crazy
April 17, 2013 @ 12:18 AM
jamesjebbia

Easy there fuck boy. I have been following the crisis in Syria for a while now, and in relation to amount of bloodshed and carnage that is taking place  it seldom appears in the news. Do you think if 10 kids died in Syria today it would even make the back section of tomorrows newspaper? I doubt it. Yet 2 fucking people die in a "terrorist" attack on boston and North America as a whole is mourning. Americans have a superiority complex and feel that the lives of people in the US are more valuable then those in other nations
you think in Syria they care about what happened yesterday? like we live in America obviously something that happens close to home is going to be much more important to us since it's our people
April 17, 2013 @ 12:23 AM
crackpipeuser

you think in Syria they care about what happened yesterday? like we live in America obviously something that happens close to home is going to be much more important to us since it's our people

nah, americans are self centered. if a bomb went off in Canada no one would give a shit in the US. Here in Canada the news headlines are filled with stories about the marathon bombing.
April 17, 2013 @ 12:54 AM
mrscrouge

I gotta say your reasoning is extremely flawed. First of all you sound like a first grader comparing an  everyday occurrence like  car accidents to a terrorist attack, i wont even address that. Second, countries in the middle east are/have been in conflict for decades and sadly incidents like these aren't uncommon (does not make it any less sad for the victims). However when something like this happens somewhere like the U.S ( or like the subway bombings in spain and the uk etc) its only natural for those who reside there and the media to "make a big deal about it", because in fact it is a big deal. If this incident would get bypassed by the media, because as you say, "its only 2 dead people", what does that say about americans? are we alright with it as long as it doesn't get as bad as syria? No. In fact, i feel just as bad as you do about the famine in africa, and the violence in the middle east, and the labor explotation in asia, but i'd be a fucking idiot if i dont "make a big deal" about any of those thing as soon as they start slipping here in the U.S. And everyone should feel the same for wherever they live. You can keep saying that "Americans have a superiority complex and feel that the lives of people in the US are more valuable then those in other nations" , but you're being illogical.
April 17, 2013 @ 05:18 AM
AmericanLegend

y u jealous fuckboy
cus the sun revolves around america

taste the glamour

April 17, 2013 @ 06:20 AM
legendlikenas

Tl; dr:

Any unnecessary injuries and loss of life, especially to the innocent, suck balls. Doesn't matter where or when.
April 17, 2013 @ 06:26 AM
Hashy

It was all good just a week ago
April 17, 2013 @ 08:05 AM
bjornvan

Almost every morning I watch BBC america news and I can count on 1 hand since beginning of this year they didnt mention the crysis in syria. So you shove that "media control emotions"shit back in your mouth.Have the word desensitize ever occur to you?You really think a bomb going off every other month in iraq compared to a bomb going off for the first time in YEARS would generate the same emotions from people?
April 18, 2013 @ 02:33 AM
kbos

Im glad people are arguing their disagreements in this thread instead tbh.

Please login first to reply.