FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
April 11, 2013 @ 04:25 PM
Mr_Chukes

I just got an American Express delta airline card. I was wondering if they are really as good as they say they are. I know people on this site have money to spend so I assume that some of you already have one or have been benefiting from one already. Please list your experience or any gripes you have against one. 
April 11, 2013 @ 05:55 PM
SilvioDante

If you cant pay the full amount next month dont bother. I hate it but only use it for perks for sporting events and concerts. Other than that its not great unless you are dropping 5k a month on it.
April 11, 2013 @ 08:59 PM
Soul Rize

I would"nt suggest it because American Express focuses on big buisness that spend alots of money not individuals. Many small business don't accept it because unlike mastercard or visa who charge per swipe on the card American Express charges the business a flat 18 dollars which is quite alot assumeing that you dont even receive that much in sales from that card brand alone. 

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

April 11, 2013 @ 09:49 PM
unknown force

as a Delta employee, the main benefit is when you fly somewhere. Buy your ticket with that card and you get extra points which eventually gets you free flights. You got 30k signup points too didn't you?

you also get free checked bag which is 25 bucks normally 

tbh i think the best credit card available with a low yearly fee is the capital one blue i think? 
April 11, 2013 @ 10:08 PM
james.good

as a Delta employee, the main benefit is when you fly somewhere. Buy your ticket with that card and you get extra points which eventually gets you free flights. You got 30k signup points too didn't you?

you also get free checked bag which is 25 bucks normally 

tbh i think the best credit card available with a low yearly fee is the capital one blue i think? 
hook me up with some tix?
April 11, 2013 @ 10:21 PM
Trill O'Reilly

Many places do not accept AMEX due to their high percentage per swipe. The annual fee might be high as well. I have a friend that has a Gold card, but due to her established credit AMEX isn't charging her the fee. 
April 11, 2013 @ 10:28 PM
Mr_Chukes

^ok I see yeah after I spend 500 bucks I get 30,000 miles. My parents are gonna buy their tickets with the card so u get the points. Pay me the cash so I can pay it back in. I've been pretty good with my credit. I guess I'll use it to fly around and visit my friends in different states.
April 11, 2013 @ 10:31 PM
Fitch

I was just researching this like an hour ago. I want an Amex, and I hear they have decent benefits/rewards/protection. One compliment I hear about them is their service. Apparently it's all US-based and good quality, which is good if you've ever had to deal with some Indian on the phone for half an hour. I think for my spending habits though, my Discover card does me just fine (just a lower acceptance rate). It'll probably be at least a year before I apply for an American Express.

@SilvioDante If you're talking about Amex being charge cards (the kind that require payment in full each month), it is worth noting that not all of them are. The Delta one that OP mentions happen to be a traditional credit card.

Please login first to reply.