Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
April 9, 2013 @ 03:29 AM
Rodney D Ellis

You all always give out the most logistic rural and honest opinions hypebeast so let me start by saying I'm a inspiring rapper but I have no idea what to do for my next open mic performance which is every Sunday. Should I spend all my money [$500] on my wordrobe aka my image or should I buy studio time and buy beats and record songs or should I make my own home studio and make my own beats and record my self. Based on the time it will take , the cost and quality what would you do if you had open mic event coming up this Sunday.

fuck the internet

April 9, 2013 @ 03:30 AM
noir

go to as many open mics as possible

gatonoir.tumblr.com :check out my artwork and photos thanks

April 9, 2013 @ 03:34 AM
gimmickaccountloser

suspended

If you seriously have to ask, just give up now because it's not for you. 500$ is all you have? Shit.
April 9, 2013 @ 03:34 AM
Gilly Suits

$500 dollars won't get you that far in the realm of home studio. Since you are a rapper too you will need a preamp as well which I do not mention in my old guide here, Imma update soon with a more relevant version if people express interest:

http://hypebeast.com/forums/music/168683

Buying beats is worthless so many free beats around and people wanting to promote themselves. Just ask to use and give props.

Studio time is stupid,won't be worth it if you aren't polished enough nor prepared.

And what is wrong with your current clothes?

Culective.com //

April 9, 2013 @ 03:44 AM
Rodney D Ellis

I get paid $500 every two weeks. As a fan whats more important to you,the performers image, the quality in sound or the creativy? Which one would you invest in first?

fuck the internet

April 9, 2013 @ 04:26 PM
kbos

^
obviously get good at your craft, be your own harshest critic, and get feedback from your own team and circle, then worry about image when you do videos etc.
April 9, 2013 @ 04:30 PM
REVS

I get paid $500 every two weeks. As a fan whats more important to you,the performers image, the quality in sound or the creativy? Which one would you invest in first?
It's all image and your look, no talent is needed, especially for a rapper.  

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

April 9, 2013 @ 04:31 PM
kbos

for your open mic shit don't be that worried about your gear, im sure you got enough decent clothing to get fresh for an occasion. Few people on open mic night are going to be that concerned with your gear, I don't think it will make much difference unless you are a character of a riff raff caliber.
April 9, 2013 @ 04:56 PM
Captain Al

You don't get 500 every two weeks bud.
Lmao.

tumblr: bankpaper.tumblr.com Instagram: @bankpaper

April 9, 2013 @ 05:22 PM
Mr_Chukes

Spend money on production and the music. Then after that when you feel your music is up to par. Start expanding your wardrobe. 
April 9, 2013 @ 05:23 PM
rabbitman

lol

be careful what you pretend to be

April 9, 2013 @ 07:11 PM
Rodney D Ellis

Ima go with Kbos Mr_Chuckes and Gilly. Fuck my image for now. I'm not buying any beats but I am buying studio time for quality, its 50 dollars and hour and I'm estimating it'll take 1 hour for two songs just gotta find some downloadable beats I can burn on. Thanks

fuck the internet

April 9, 2013 @ 07:32 PM
Gutts

First off, you are not an "inspiring" rapper, you are an "aspiring" rapper.
Second, buy a decent microphone and a program like logic or pro tools. Maybe get a pop filter and some foam too. 
Thirdly, buy beats or use free ones, I have some you can use just message me. 
Then record your own shit and market it.

Having the ability to record whenever you want is really important cause then you can work on the more technical side of things, i.e., position from the mic, loudness of you rapping, etc. And if you are dedicated you will always be working on it getting better cause you will always have access to it. Then when you want top notch quality you can pay for studio time and you will work a lot faster which will save you money. 
April 9, 2013 @ 08:01 PM
EL_Guapo

invest that $500 into drugs
sell and make enough money to buy high quality music recording equipment
make hit songs

OC CASANOVA : the only acceptable piercing on a guy is a tongue ring rt Enzoo : if u getting ya tongue pierce u suckin dick male or female

April 10, 2013 @ 01:27 AM
adoboFosho

do a collab with cstyles

on a sex tape

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

April 10, 2013 @ 01:43 AM
trevxv3

dude you need to get your vocabulary straight first. a deep vocab is like an essential tool for any rapper and you dont know the difference between aspire and inspire

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

Please login first to reply.