Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
April 6, 2013 @ 03:12 PM
justinslayer

I'm here at home with my parents struggling trying to figure our what
major i should choose for college. I wasted a year being lazy, just
chilling in the house when i should've been doing some research.

I'm going to die if i stay in this house for another year so i want to
be out of this state by the end of the summer. I'm from New York so i
plan on going some where warm in the west like Arizona or California.

I don't know what i want to do in the future, i was looking into real
estate and building mansions to sell in sunny states like
California,Arizona,Florida etc. but idk if that's going to work out plus
I'm broke dude who doesn't knows how to manage money.

I want to be a business man, i want to own some type of company and make bank off of it but I'm not sure what exactly.

Can someone help me out? Thanks.
April 6, 2013 @ 03:41 PM
Captain Al

then start... you're the only person who can help yourself lmao.

wtf? go to school. how old are you?

tumblr: bankpaper.tumblr.com Instagram: @bankpaper

April 6, 2013 @ 03:48 PM
TASK

Honestly try and find a part time time job to make a few extra bucks and kill some free time, as far as a career, try and get an internship at a residential real estate developer company, then decide if it will work out or not.
April 6, 2013 @ 03:50 PM
REVS

You don't need to go out of state for school to get a real estate license, you can get that shit online. If you want to be a "Business man" then take business courses. 

-Intro to Marketing
-Intro to Economics
-Microeconomics
-Macroeconomics
-Public Speaking
-Finite Business Math, Calculus, etc. 

Get a part time job, stay in state for now. 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

April 6, 2013 @ 03:56 PM
craigsagersuit

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

April 6, 2013 @ 05:12 PM
Panther.

Lol you want to build mansions in sunny states, but you're too lazy to get out and can't handle money? I'm not trying to be offensive, but if you actually want to do something, you need to go to school and do VERY WELL. I wouldn't listen to REVS (as much as I fuck with him) about the online degree shit. Online degrees mean zero when finding a job. But he is right that you need to say in-state. Apply to all the SUNYs. If you don't get in, go to a CC for two years.

"I want to be a business man, i want to own some type of company and make bank off of it but I'm not sure what exactly."
You obviously haven't thought this out. I want to go into business too, and I have a plan thought out already. Business is a saturated market, and typically only the cream of the crop do well when making their own business. There are obviously exceptions to this. I want to go into business too; I'm currently a junior in HS and I have my plan. I'm hoping that I'll get into UF and go to the Hough business school, then after one or two years I'll be able to apply to the Fisher Accounting School @ UF. (If I don't get into UF I still have like twenty other colleges that I should be able to get into and pay for). If I do well, then I'd be able to go to a good grad school, preferrably Haas, Marshall, McIntire, McDonough, etc. Business is a broad subject, what do you want to do? Finance? And you said that you want to build mansions, do you want to be an architect or do real estate? Because real estate is simply selling. Also, real estate is a horrible market right now.

Let's break it down. You realistically only have one option: school. Then do some research as to what you actually want to go into. I'd suggest going on the Collegeconfidential or Wallstreetoasis forums, and before you ask them a question that they will brush off, do some heavy reading on their sites. If you ask this question on one of those sites, it would be the equivalent of asking "Where can I buy Supreme?" on HB. Good luck, and it won't be an easy road to take but if you can succeed, then you will do well in life (as if a HS junior would know).

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

April 6, 2013 @ 05:21 PM
kmz

I went to Marshall undergrad (USC) for finance/real estate and I'd highly recommend it. But I'd say go to the best undergrad possible; I know Fisher wont have any pull whatsoever here in CA. However if u want to be a CPA, then school matters less. Then you might not even need to go back and get an MBA.  Also boalt hall is a law school
April 6, 2013 @ 05:22 PM
gimmickaccountloser

suspended

You actually do know what you want to do with you're life, you're just lazy and lack the intuition to succeed. Don't worry, most people are like that.
April 6, 2013 @ 05:53 PM
hansoku

go find a job and see how people run business first
April 6, 2013 @ 05:55 PM
gimmickaccountloser

suspended

One more thing I'd like to add, if someone had a money making business plan you really think they'd tell you? Hate to break it to you buddy but most people are only out for themselves and don't give a fuck about you. You have to figure stuff out on your own. All you have is yourself. The faster people will learn this, the better. 
April 6, 2013 @ 07:08 PM
Panther.

I went to Marshall undergrad (USC) for finance/real estate and I'd highly recommend it. But I'd say go to the best undergrad possible; I know Fisher wont have any pull whatsoever here in CA. However if u want to be a CPA, then school matters less. Then you might not even need to go back and get an MBA.  Also boalt hall is a law school

Sorry for that, someone on WSO said Boalt was UCLA's business school (don't believe everything you see in the Internet...) I haven't looked into the West coast schools much, nor do I know a lot about them becuase I'm from the East. But yeah Fisher wouldn't be good at all in Cali, it's more of a Southeastern thing. Plus, I'd still want to go to grad, so Fisher wouldn't be my main pull anyways. But Marshall is great and I'd love to go but I couldn't get in.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

April 6, 2013 @ 08:03 PM
truuuchainz

well you better find out what you wanna do before someone takes advantage of that and starts using you because they know you don't know any better.
April 6, 2013 @ 09:08 PM
backlikethat

April 7, 2013 @ 04:37 AM
justinslayer

During school i used to skate and had hopes on getting sponsored by some big company one day but i got bored of it.
Now idk what i should do, i'm not good at anything.

I thought it would be cool to build houses and sell them to celebrities but i don't know a anything about architecture.
April 7, 2013 @ 04:41 AM
EL_Guapo

It's either you're gonna do what you set your mind to or you're gonna take the backseat and watch people's dreams unfold in front of your eyes. Whatever it is that you wanna do. GET TO IT! Nothing worth having in this life is easy, work hard B, fuck anyone that says other wise... who are we to tell you what you can and can't pursue in life? Make decisions on your own,  Live your life, nobody else should. 

OC CASANOVA : the only acceptable piercing on a guy is a tongue ring rt Enzoo : if u getting ya tongue pierce u suckin dick male or female

April 7, 2013 @ 05:31 PM
justinslayer

I need some time to think about this but i need to apply to schools right now.
I don't know what major to choose.
April 11, 2013 @ 02:10 AM
justinslayer

bump.

Any more tips on helping me figure out what suits me?

How did you guys figure out what you wanted to major in?
April 11, 2013 @ 02:28 AM
craigsagersuit

Experience.

Currently studying for Radiology Tech. I was exposed in the medical field a lot growing up and I figured why not enter that field and help back in that way somehow. It wasn't really a hard choice for me. You just gotta really find your calling man.

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

April 11, 2013 @ 02:30 AM
kidkorea

go study abroad to somewhere like China or another developing country. You'll learn more than any textbook will teach you and meet people from all over the world that will change your life, I promise you. If you have any questions PM me

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

Please login first to reply.