Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
April 1, 2013 @ 06:23 AM
kevlar

My bad if this thread distracted you guys from the more interesting off-topic threads, but I figured since there's a lot of buying & selling going on here, you guys would be my best bet for help.

Basically, I bought an item that wasn't sent, and I've escalated the claim to Paypal. No tracking number was provided, so it should go in my favor. What I wanted to know was: Would PayPal still be able to enforce the mandatory refund if the seller's account is unverified? Unverified means it isn't attached to his bank account, so I'm assuming that he would have to have funds in his account for the refund to go through, and, assuming that he's a smart scammer, he most likely withrdew all the money I sent him already.

But yeah, the question is:
Can Paypal enforce a refund from an unverified seller?
or
Does anyone know if Paypal holds paid money in the unverified seller's account until the buyer verifies "receipt of item"?

Thanks and sorry; I know you guys hate questions.
April 1, 2013 @ 06:24 AM
kevlar

If anyone gave a shit about what the exact situation was (if not, then don't bother reading beyond this):

Anyway, I bought a black Balloon Lodge camp cap from some dude on IG, and I'm starting to think he's scamming me:
1.) He has an unverified account and is using a fake name, "Gnaw Wang".
2.) When I asked for the tracking number, he claimed he printed the label online and dropped the package off in a USPS dropbox, so he didn't bother to get tracking.
3.) It's been over a week in business days and four days past the "expected delivery date" that he said it should arrive. I emailed him warning him that I'd escalate a claim to PayPal, and he responded:

"Wait you still have not received balloon lodge? It should be there by now. Ill contact USPS after work today and if it isn't there by the 4th then ill issue a refund, or you can just file a claim, whichever you choose."

Which sounds kinda sketch, considering the fact that he didn't even bother to reassure me that the hat was coming in and didn't tell me to just wait a few more days or anything.
April 1, 2013 @ 06:24 AM
Ruthless

Too long didnt read

Let me see those downvotes

April 1, 2013 @ 06:25 AM
Ol English

He can't withdraw the money if he's unverified. Paypal always caters to the buyers. you'll be fine.

Unless he sends that money into a verified account then withdrew it... but paypal can see all transactions so yea..
April 1, 2013 @ 06:26 AM
kevlar

Too long didnt read
Can't argue with that.

He can't withdraw the money if he's unverified. Paypal always caters to the buyers. you'll be fine.
Thanks man, that's all I needed to know.
April 1, 2013 @ 06:26 AM
AmericanLegend

Too long didnt read
yo what happend to your thread that shit got malware or sumthin

taste the glamour

April 1, 2013 @ 06:43 AM
kevlar

Unless he sends that money into a verified account then withdrew it... but paypal can see all transactions so yea..
Yeah, I was actually just thinking that. Or if he used it to pay for some other shit. Fuck.
April 1, 2013 @ 06:52 AM
unemployed

didnt read

i just hope u didnt sent the payment as a gift

edit: lol @ gnaw wang
April 1, 2013 @ 01:29 PM
tmwtg

Dude's a good troll.

gnaw wang? lol
April 2, 2013 @ 12:18 AM
coonskin

Sorry but what kind of name is gnaw wang LOL, that's a dead giveaway

Even though he is unverified, he can send the payment to his real account and withdraw the money from there. You should file a claim asap.
April 2, 2013 @ 02:38 AM
Fusion

If anyone gave a shit about what the exact situation was (if not, then don't bother reading beyond this):

Anyway, I bought a black Balloon Lodge camp cap from some dude on IG, and I'm starting to think he's scamming me:
1.) He has an unverified account and is using a fake name, "Gnaw Wang".
2.) When I asked for the tracking number, he claimed he printed the label online and dropped the package off in a USPS dropbox, so he didn't bother to get tracking.
3.) It's been over a week in business days and four days past the "expected delivery date" that he said it should arrive. I emailed him warning him that I'd escalate a claim to PayPal, and he responded:

"Wait you still have not received balloon lodge? It should be there by now. Ill contact USPS after work today and if it isn't there by the 4th then ill issue a refund, or you can just file a claim, whichever you choose."

Which sounds kinda sketch, considering the fact that he didn't even bother to reassure me that the hat was coming in and didn't tell me to just wait a few more days or anything.
When he says he printed label online, that's bs. Whenever you print out a shipping label online you get delivery confirmation (tracking) free. 

Yes.

Please login first to reply.