March 31, 2013 @ 02:10 AM
Ruthless

Unless your opinion of a post depends on how many upvotes or downvotes it has, I dont see why this system is in place. You cant even tell how many total upvotes/downvotes somebody has, nor do posts with tons of downvotes get deleted. What exactly is the point of this system aside from butthurt people finding satisfaction by clicking downvote when someone says something they dont agree with?

Let me see those downvotes

March 31, 2013 @ 02:13 AM
DarianaGrande

I saw whatever I want. I dont care about downvotes and I wouldn't care if they kept track.

http://soundcloud.com/anonymousnigger

March 31, 2013 @ 02:17 AM
rabbitman

this is what someone who is a convicted child molester looks like

-john
fixed

be careful what you pretend to be

March 31, 2013 @ 02:50 AM
Captain Al

divides shitty posts and users (such as yourself) from useful and good posts/users

tumblr: bankpaper.tumblr.com Instagram: @bankpaper

March 31, 2013 @ 02:50 AM
Potent

The only time people upvote/downvote is when someone posts somethin stupid, someone gets salty and catch feelings, someone said something funny, or when they dickridin or hatin on certain members jus cause... Nothin to take seriously.
March 31, 2013 @ 02:54 AM
unemployed

OP IS MAD CUZ EVERY OF HIS POST ARE DOWNVOTED

dealwithit.gif
March 31, 2013 @ 03:09 AM
Ruthless

The only time people upvote/downvote is when someone posts somethin stupid, someone gets salty and catch feelings, someone said something funny, or when they dickridin or hatin on certain members jus cause... Nothin to take seriously.
exactly, so why even have it in place? It seems like its there so you can have a preconceived opinion of a post before you even look at it.

March 31, 2013 @ 03:09 AM
Ruthless

& lmao at people "exposing" me saying I'm not the guy in the pics, but using those same pics in an ether attempt 

y'all can't even keep up with your own exposals 

March 31, 2013 @ 03:15 AM
EEK A LURKER

Its a forum, people are always going to agree or disagree.
If you truly care what other's think above your own opinion, you will never think for yourself and will only be a sheep to the masses.

.wa do dem.

March 31, 2013 @ 03:17 AM
Ruthless

Something tells me that mindset is common on this forum

March 31, 2013 @ 03:21 AM

Inactive

I aint gon lie sometimes when I get a post with mad upvotes it strokes my ego. But rly its wuteva and upvotes rnt meant to be taken that seriously, they just add a fun(and at times unifying) aspect to the forum. Sometimes I upvote/downvote posters jus cuz of who they are. Who gives a shit.
March 31, 2013 @ 03:26 AM
jamesjebbia

very simple way of saying I agree/disagree
March 31, 2013 @ 03:45 AM
Potent

Most ppl On HB:
Downvotes=Caught feelings/salty
Upvotes=Dickriding

Inb4 100 downvotes cause its true...
March 31, 2013 @ 03:48 AM

Inactive

^^dat reverse psychology i see u
March 31, 2013 @ 04:05 AM
gimmickaccountloser

suspended

Not gonna lie, sometimes I down vote posts for no reason.
March 31, 2013 @ 04:06 AM
AndreLutherKing

Before this whole Hansum Boyz shit I got normal upvotes/downvotes. After it actually became a thing I always get random upvotes on everything & exactly 2 downvotes for no reason.

The system is mostly a popularity contest

Chicks barely dancin, glancin every chance they get, like - oh shit, he's so HANSUM

March 31, 2013 @ 04:14 AM
Potent

^^Truth. Most of the posters on here are in highschool anyways so it makes sense that it would be a popularity contest....
March 31, 2013 @ 04:22 AM
bjornvan

i thot it was to rate fits

but i prefer rep dat show who voted what cuz that anonymity shit gay
March 31, 2013 @ 04:37 AM
guyitsmathew

i thought it was wack at first but i kinda like it now, its great for fits
it would be interesting though for it to show who upvoted/downvoted who like sufu has it
in the end its just e cred who cares lol

http://www.guyitsmathew.net/

March 31, 2013 @ 04:42 AM
EEK A LURKER

Most ppl On HB:

Downvotes=Caught feelings/salty

Upvotes=Dickriding

Inb4 100 downvotes cause its true...
Surely you mean only offtopic.
I only see it as someone seeing a post as either:
Something funny, something unfunny
something smart, something stupid
something good, something bad

Or to bluntly put it an agreement or a disagreement; a thumbs up or a thumbs down.

By your logic most of hypebeast is just in some popularity contest; which may apply to some in offtopic but as a collective the majority of hypebeast show their opinion and personal views through the voting system and posts.

It's a forum, it's what it was intended for.

I think as a whole, people on this site are smart enough to see what is good or bad without following the example of another.

.wa do dem.

March 31, 2013 @ 04:50 AM
Ruthless

But who really uses it in that fashion. Does everyone really disagree with me in the OP or are they just downvoting me for the sake of downvoting.. know what i mean?

March 31, 2013 @ 04:53 AM
Potent

^^Yes mostly off topic. The rest of the forum pretty regular but off topic seems like highschool. Either way your opinion shouldn't change because of that.
March 31, 2013 @ 05:11 AM
EEK A LURKER

But who really uses it in that fashion. Does everyone really disagree with me in the OP or are they just downvoting me for the sake of downvoting.. know what i mean?
If people can see a weakness they are going to run with it. Clearly this is getting to you otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread or asked this question. 

.wa do dem.

March 31, 2013 @ 05:14 AM
Ruthless

If people can see a weakness they are going to run with it. Clearly this is getting to you otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread or asked this question. 
lol, if I say "i think screen doors are pointless" does it mean im bothered by the screen door? i made the thread because i wanted to know what others thought about it, nothing more. 

March 31, 2013 @ 05:15 AM
sharky

i would probably kill myself if i didnt have my upvotes
March 31, 2013 @ 05:17 AM
gimmickaccountloser

suspended

Yo who da fuck down voted my post b? You get kilt fa dat shit (real muthatfucking talk)
March 31, 2013 @ 05:21 AM
DarianaGrande

lol, if I say "i think screen doors are pointless" does it mean im bothered by the screen door? i made the thread because i wanted to know what others thought about it, nothing more. 
That still implies you would rather not have the screen door there if you ask me.

http://soundcloud.com/anonymousnigger

March 31, 2013 @ 05:23 AM
Ruthless

That still implies you would rather not have the screen door there if you ask me.
I agree. Its unnecessary. Just like the downvote system

March 31, 2013 @ 05:30 AM
Potent

Rename this: The Official Downvote Thread.
March 31, 2013 @ 05:32 AM
EEK A LURKER

I'm sure a screen door would be able to point out the hypocrisy.
I'll use your example to explain it to you.

''I think'' shows its your personal opinion, your thought's.
''Screen doors'' is the subject 
''are pointless'' is the conclusive opinion on the subject, in this case a negative one.

When voicing an opinion that is your own, it either stem's from a negative view or a positive one.
So yes you are bothered by screen doors.

Now apply your Op and question to the formula, and we can see you caught feels. 

.wa do dem.

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.