God Dammit I'm Tired of This Whole "Anti-Rape Culture"

March 30, 2013 @ 04:18:40
Exactly lmao. 

"if you want empowerment go out and live your life!" 

Imagine if civil rights leaders had done the same instead of pointing out injustices towards them
y'know - Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks had a little more luck creating a movement and getting people to actually change the system than a parade will do for rapists who will have a "change of heart" from seeing some nicely hand-crafted posters by a herd of women, 80% of whom probably softly whispered "tee hee stopppp" into their rapists ear and then (as above mentioned stories) filed a claim a year....get real! 
Oh, I guess also imagine if the Quakers around the US in the beginning of the country hadn't spoken out about slavery and got it ended in England and the north. In your opinion, they should have allowed slaves to be empowered by being whipped and raped and systematically sterilized and "living their lives" instead of pointing out injustices. 

you can't compare slavery, discrimination, etc. to a movement about "rape victim awareness". everyone is fucking aware... rapists have been around since time began. what exactly is this "awareness" going to do for everyone who's already not aware that walking outside by yourself at night is a bad idea? if the idea is to PROMOTE the fact that women should walk outside in a tank top and not be raped, then you would actually have to be convincing attackers not to do that, right?  being "aware" doesn't do anything for anything for anyone unless you're telling women to be more careful about the things they wear, what time they go out at night... which seems like the opposite that goes on at the parades.."no women SHOULD do whatever they want and not get attacked" ok that's great but that's not going to happen. 

msirenwol.tumblr.com

March 30, 2013 @ 04:21:11
y'know - Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks had a little more luck creating a movement and getting people to actually change the system than a parade will do for rapists who will have a "change of heart" from seeing some nicely hand-crafted posters by a herd of women, 80% of whom probably softly whispered "tee hee stopppp" into their rapists ear and then (as above mentioned stories) filed a claim a year....get real! 
Oh, I guess also imagine if the Quakers around the US in the beginning of the country hadn't spoken out about slavery and got it ended in England and the north. In your opinion, they should have allowed slaves to be empowered by being whipped and raped and systematically sterilized and "living their lives" instead of pointing out injustices. 

you can't compare slavery, discrimination, etc. to a movement about "rape victim awareness". everyone is fucking aware... rapists have been around since time began. what exactly is this "awareness" going to do for everyone who's already not aware that walking outside by yourself at night is a bad idea? if the idea is to PROMOTE the fact that women should walk outside in a tank top and not be raped, then you would actually have to be convincing attackers not to do that, right?  being "aware" doesn't do anything for anything for anyone unless you're telling women to be more careful about the things they wear, what time they go out at night... which seems like the opposite that goes on at the parades.."no women SHOULD do whatever they want and not get attacked" ok that's great but that's not going to happen. 
Slavery was also around since time began. Is it around anymore? Very, very, VERY little

Your whole belief of "these girls do this and that and this and that" is null and void. It holds no weight. Putting an end to rape culture (i.e. telling young boys to take what they want, that they are the dominant gender, that girls are objects) WILL cut down on rapes. What are you not understanding there?
March 30, 2013 @ 04:23:06
March 30, 2013 @ 04:25:28
youre the one that brought in mlk and rosa parks, and no, not everyone is aware. didnt you hear about the steubenville rape case? one of the guys didnt think it was actual rape because she wasnt physically fighting back and saying no (she was passed out).

"no women SHOULD do whatever they want and not get attacked" ok that's great but that's not going to happen. 
THATS THE POINT. a man can do so, but a women cant and boys are being taught that this is normal.
March 30, 2013 @ 04:26:19
Telling young boys to take what they want? 

Last time I checked, most fathers weren't having pep talks with their sons about how to muffle a girls screams and take what they want and the curriculums in schools don't cover "how to cover a girls mouth with chloroform"

it's pretty clear that rape is illegal, a crime, traumatizing to girls. we don't need a parade of half naked women all reliving their stories on posters to make us more aware of that. 

msirenwol.tumblr.com

March 30, 2013 @ 04:29:32

Last time I checked, most fathers weren't having pep talks with their sons about how to muffle a girls screams and take what they want and the curriculums in schools don't cover "how to cover a girls mouth with chloroform"

it's pretty clear that rape is illegal, a crime, traumatizing to girls. we don't need a parade of half naked women all reliving their stories on posters to make us more aware of that. 
How many times do you hear boys being told "keep going after her, she'll come around." or "if you want something in life, you have to take it." My dad told me that shit constantly when I was younger. That isn't saying "hey, rape this girl" but to a young boy as he grows up it can be construed that way. 

Boys get away with shit even as kids. Bullying in school towards girls is justified as "awwww! he likes her!". Social conditioning is a viable theory in life if you were unaware. 

The problem is, schools also don't cover "anything but a yes is a no". 
March 30, 2013 @ 04:31:22
you guys are like Christians, theres no arguing with you 
you think youre absolutely right on everything 
you are blind
maybe even by emotion on some cases, but the key to thinking deep about this is too think with the perspective of both sides which it doesnt seem youre doing 
to wrapped up on your feminist friends, and the "if" this would happen to someone you know
i agree with some of the stuff youre saying, but other stuff is stupid and extreme

taste the glamour

March 30, 2013 @ 04:36:02

How many times do you hear boys being told "keep going after her, she'll come around." or "if you want something in life, you have to take it." My dad told me that shit constantly when I was younger. That isn't saying "hey, rape this girl" but to a young boy as he grows up it can be construed that way. 

Boys get away with shit even as kids. Bullying in school towards girls is justified as "awwww! he likes her!". Social conditioning is a viable theory in life if you were unaware. 

wow now we know who had to go see the counselor at school for bullying
you're taking all of this way out of context at this point, there's no point in debating this further. 

msirenwol.tumblr.com

March 30, 2013 @ 04:40:53

wow now we know who had to go see the counselor at school for bullying
you're taking all of this way out of context at this point, there's no point in debating this further. 
Lmao what? You made no sense on that first statement. How do boys bullying girls and it being seen as "cute" because he "likes her" have to do with me? You're reaching. Nice ad hominem by the way.

And I think you realize you're wrong in this situation to be honest. You do not understand what rape culture is and just keep bringing up the Slutwalks that are hosted around the country.
March 30, 2013 @ 04:42:00
perspective of both sides? whats the other side, that rape is acceptable, its the victims fault and she probably deserved it? women shouldnt be so stupid to get themselves into these situations? youre right, im not ignorant enough to see that side of things. what are we saying thats 'stupid and extreme' exactly? that women deserve equality and empowerment and the degradation of rape is wrong? because thats my main argument. 
March 30, 2013 @ 04:42:53
>egging the debate on by threatening that the other person is just afraid of being wrong 

creative!!!

msirenwol.tumblr.com

March 30, 2013 @ 04:45:10
>egging the debate on by threatening that the other person is just afraid of being wrong 

creative!!!
>trying to discredit someone and their position by saying their argument is mainly emotional

flawless!!!
March 30, 2013 @ 04:53:04
This is why all you HB homies better hope you don't have daughters.
March 30, 2013 @ 04:57:09
Originally posted by Inactive User
perspective of both sides? whats the other side, that rape is acceptable, its the victims fault and she probably deserved it? women shouldnt be so stupid to get themselves into these situations? youre right, im not ignorant enough to see that side of things. what are we saying thats 'stupid and extreme' exactly? that women deserve equality and empowerment and the degradation of rape is wrong? because thats my main argument. 
you just proved you didnt even attempted to look at the other side, and what you said is stupid its not that rape is right its what if the girl can do her best to avoid being raped, at least make an attempt
extremely one sided and i am in the middle btw not compltelty on one side or the other
rape is wrong no matter what, never said it wasnt
it is extreme and just outright dumb that women will ever have complete equality, it is just nature, men, for the lack of better words are superior  than women 
complete equality means women in the army frontlines  fighting,getting killed and what if they got captured and you see on tv  
a woman getting burned and dragged through the streets by a mob, just like a black hawk down type situation, would people feel differently because its a woman? would you? of course you would. and that just proves how we are not equal, we will not be completely equal until the day a man and  a woman fight (regular street fight, not domestic violence) punches her in the face and it wouldnt be frowned upon , but do you really see this happening ever? 

taste the glamour

March 30, 2013 @ 05:00:28
simple
end of convo right here 
woman cant do the same shit men can do, and thats by nature
woman should be treated like humans, but know their place 
bitches just want the benefits men have but to be treated like woman (they dont want TRUE equality)
wHere the FUCK is the "equality" in that
Embrace machismo, be a man, a good man 
quit being straight simp bitches

taste the glamour

March 30, 2013 @ 05:01:36
you just proved you didnt even attempted to look at the other side, and what you said is stupid its not that rape is right its what if the girl can do her best to avoid being raped, at least make an attempt
extremely one sided and i am in the middle btw not compltelty on one side or the other
it is extreme and just outright dumb that women will ever have complete equality, it is just nature, men, for the lack of better words are superior  than women 
complete equality means women in the army frontlines  fighting,getting killed and what if they got captured and you see on tv  
a woman getting burned and dragged through the streets by a mob, just like a black hawk down type situation, would people feel differently because its a woman? would you? of course you would. and that just proves how we are not equal, we will not be completely equal until the day a man and  a woman fight (regular street fight, not domestic violence) punches her in the face and it wouldnt be frowned upon , but do you really see this happening ever? 
Would you blame the victims of 9/11? They could have done something differently. They could have stayed home. It's an analogy on a much larger scale but again, blaming the victim. 

And women are allowed on front lines now I believe. Women have always been in combat by the way. 

If you believe men are superior, I feel bad for whatever girl you marry/date and if you have a daughter. To be treated like a second rate citizen (saying they are inferior IS treating someone second rate.). May I remind you that blacks were said to be inferior to whites for centuries and that is clearly not true but was perceived as true because they lived in a white dominated society (still do).
March 30, 2013 @ 05:03:00
simple
end of convo right here 
bitches just want the benefit men have but to be treated like woman
were the FUCK is the "equality" you cry for 
And this is where you fuel rape culture. 
March 30, 2013 @ 05:07:48
youre getting it all wrong, not blaming the victim bro. I understand the whole concept, i dont do it
i just told hi  to open his mind and look at both sides even if you dont agree with it
and women have been in combat but not frontlines no women  actually do killing or are even in direct danger like men are
btw its cus i didnt have any better words to say at the time, but i said women should be treated like humans
not second rate, you are putting words and thoughts in my mouth that i never said

taste the glamour

March 30, 2013 @ 05:08:28
simple
end of convo right here 
nah youre just a bitch

taste the glamour

March 30, 2013 @ 05:10:31
youre getting it all wrong, not blaming the victim bro. I understand the whole concept, i dont do it
i just told hi  to open his mind and look at both sides even if you dont agree with it
and women have been in combat but not frontlines no women  actually do killing or are even in direct danger like men are
btw its cus i didnt have any better words to say at the time, but i said women should be treated like humans
not second rate, you are putting words and thoughts in my mouth that i never said
There was a pilot in Iraq that crashed and had to kill a bunch of enemy combatants. Was never given a medal for it.

Women do kill in our military.

And you said women are inferior to men. That's second rate to men. Men are first rate citizens. Women are inferior and thus cannot be first rate citizens in your eyes.
March 30, 2013 @ 05:11:31
simple
end of convo right here 
nah youre just a bitch
Once again, your argument falls flat. You have to resort to ad hominem and not actually prove me wrong.
March 30, 2013 @ 05:18:10
but how can i prove you wrong, its just opinions
if i did you would fail to acknowledge it 
this isnt a right or wrong answer type thing
its all opinions
and you cannot change someones opinion, there are no winners 
its just opinion v opinion, you are one sided and fail to look at it all, you have a false sense of intelligence 
and youre a bitch cus that describes you and its just what you embody

taste the glamour

March 30, 2013 @ 05:20:56
bottomline, like i said before. this sums everything up

women want to have the benefits of men, but still be treated like women

where is the equality

taste the glamour

March 30, 2013 @ 05:21:27
'men are superior than woman.' 'women need to know their place.' that is not being treated like a human. please tell me youve said these things to your mother (who pushed you out of her fucking body), daughter, sister or partner otherwise youre just acting big for the internet. its the men who think like this that are the perpetrators of rape and domestic violence.

im not saying women shouldnt take extra care of themselves that would be unrealistic, they NEED too. im saying its unfair that they have to. im not saying women should have special treatment either but because theyre not physically as strong as a man they dont deserve all their rights? 
complete equality is also when a man can walk around wearing a tank top and shorts and be sexually vilified. 
March 30, 2013 @ 05:22:45
but how can i prove you wrong, its just opinions
if i did you would fail to acknowledge it 
this isnt a right or wrong answer type thing
its all opinions
and you cannot change someones opinion, there are no winners 
its just opinion v opinion, you are one sided and fail to look at it all, you have a false sense of intelligence 
and youre a bitch cus that describes you and its just what you embody
You keep saying I have a false sense of intelligence but it really means nothing. You just keep saying it like it will change something. 

And gotcha. Well, if that's how you feel sorry to hear that
March 30, 2013 @ 05:24:56
i keep telling you it so it will sink in 
and it will change u slowly
it will be in your mind
in your subconsious
always in your thoughts
willfully or not 
think about it
goodnight sweet prince

taste the glamour

March 30, 2013 @ 05:26:12
it will be in your mind
in your subconsious
always in your thoughts
willfully or not 
think about it
goodnight sweet prince
Wow

I find it mad ironic that you called me gay and a bitch and a simp yet this was quite possibly one of the most homoerotic things I've ever read lmao. 
March 30, 2013 @ 05:28:34
y u mad cus ima poet

taste the glamour

March 30, 2013 @ 05:30:15
it will be in your mind
in your subconsious
always in your thoughts
willfully or not 
think about it
goodnight sweet prince