Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 30, 2013 @ 03:14 AM
valleyla

i think all the feminism hype is bs and that's coming me and I'm female
I'm all for anyone who wants to better their life, etc. etc but feminism takes things to a new level where the objective is to demonize men as monsters and pigs and to victimize women (all the damn complaining omg) 
bottom line is you're more likely to come by bad decisions and outcomes when you surround yourself with bad choices. aka drunk girl at a party riding solo with no friends nearby..yeah you put yourself in that situation

not to mention that one of the most popular female fantasies is an assertive guy.... 

also I don't understand WTF the point is of a parade of half nude girls is going to prove to anyone. OK u got it, rapists are going to stop raping bc they see you with posters and bikini tops, job well done?
That internalized misogyny 

As a male feminist, and one with many feminist friends, I can assure you feminism is not meant to demonize men. I've rarely been called out for shit even  by the most radical feminists I've met. 

And there is a difference between being assertive/confident and being disrespectful/controlling. 

I dunno, I've known the kid since I was in 6th grade, he's not the smartest kid but I know he's not dumb enough to completely fuck up his future to fuck a drunk chick. Either way, he won his case so I suppose it doesn't matter anymore.
That's what they said about the rapists in Ohio too though. People are unpredictable, no matter how well you know them. But glad the courts felt they did the right thing either way
yo howd you get iinsecure from what i said?
bro i think your feeling yourself a bit too much, u think youre a smarter than you actually are
I cannot tell you how the gayness literally overwhelmed me when you proclaimed being a "male feminist"
im just going to stop there bro
everything before and after this post you made is just literally irrelevant and coming from a simp kid speaking from emotion not thinking critically
Telling bitches youre a male feminist aint gunna get you pussy b just stop

I actually don't even talk about myself being a male feminist to anyone so that was a good one. Only came up because she made a blank statement about feminists. You know, there ARE people out there who don't do things to impress females right? 

Being a male feminist, to most girls, is a negative thing because of how the feminist movement is viewed. 98% of girls are turned off by that.

I love how you pass me off as a simp kid instead of realizing that the stuff I'm saying is for the protection of my loved ones, and in turn your loved ones regardless of whether it earns me "pussy", and not for girls to think I'm "sensitive" or 'sweet". 

You are the complete embodiment of being self conscious. You seem super outcome dependent. 
March 30, 2013 @ 03:28 AM
AmericanLegend

yo please man its funny how you think youre so smart, youre not a psychologist  
i know you think you are some type of bootleg sigmund freud 
trying to generalize my whole psyche and who i am from literally two posts
what i can analyze about your whole being is that you seem to have a big ego 
and are real condescending even if you doubt it i know its you and its lingering in your subconsious
youre fuckin gay, theres no need to go further with this
you handed yourself an L "male feminist", smh

taste the glamour

March 30, 2013 @ 03:33 AM
GENERAL DISARRAY

the term feminism has been abused by uneducated people thinking it means female supremacy to the point where even women dont want to be associated with it. i personally wouldnt even refer to myself but would rather be known as one than not. however the fact that rapists are victimized and the real victims blamed and ostracized shows that their 'preaching' is needed to atleast spread awareness. hows a women supposed to go out and live her life if shes under a constant threat of harassment because some people cant see them as more than sex toys to be used against their will. 
March 30, 2013 @ 03:33 AM
valleyla

and are real condescending even if you doubt it i know its you and its lingering in your subconsious
No L taken, thanks though man.
March 30, 2013 @ 03:35 AM
valleyla

the term feminism has been abused by uneducated people thinking it means female supremacy to the point where even women dont want to be associated with it. i personally wouldnt even refer to myself but would rather be known as one than not. however the fact that rapists are victimized and the real victims blamed and ostracized shows that their 'preaching' is needed to atleast spread awareness. hows a women supposed to go out and live her life if shes under a constant threat of harassment because some people cant see them as more than sex toys to be used against their will. 
Exactly lmao. 

"if you want empowerment go out and live your life!" 

Imagine if civil rights leaders had done the same instead of pointing out injustices towards them
March 30, 2013 @ 03:37 AM
AmericanLegend

im sorry that i had to be so ruthless valley
but sometimes people need someone to be blunt for them to wake up
i aint mad atcha

taste the glamour

March 30, 2013 @ 03:40 AM
GENERAL DISARRAY

why do you think that the term male feminist is so negative. tbh if my sons didnt believe in empowerment and equality for women than i probably didnt raise them right if they dont respect women enough to feel they deserve at least that. and i wouldnt be with a guy that didnt either.
March 30, 2013 @ 03:40 AM
valleyla

im sorry that i had to be so ruthless valley
but sometimes people need someone to be blunt for them to wake up
i aint mad atcha
You weren't even ruthless though. 

You just said "lol male feminist. simp. gay. big ego.". You pointed out literally nothing of value that discredited what I'm saying.

I guess I'm still fast asleep.
March 30, 2013 @ 03:45 AM
Wavey_LenZ

LOL anarcho-capitalists stay losing.
March 30, 2013 @ 03:47 AM
AmericanLegend

when i said ruthless i was obviously exagerating
& i wasnt talking about the whole rape stuff
i was talking about what you said about me an how you think youre smarter than you actually are 
btw "male feminist" is stupid, i know what youre trying to say about treating women like humans and I agree there is a difference between being raised with good values and having it as common sense 
and claiming "male feminist" idk if you understand 
think about it

taste the glamour

March 30, 2013 @ 03:53 AM
valleyla

when i said ruthless i was obviously exagerating
& i wasnt talking about the whole rape stuff
i was talking about what you said about me an how you think youre smarter than you actually are 
btw "male feminist" is stupid, i know what youre trying to say about treating women like humans and I agree there is a difference between being raised with good values and having it as common sense 
and claiming "male feminist" idk if you understand 
think about it
How do I think I'm smarter than I actually am? There are plenty of topics I know very little about. Feminism and human rights activism happen to be something I've studied quite a bit.

I was raised with good values. I also happen to ascribe to the male feminist label in a lot of ways. I don't see an issue with that. They're pretty synonymous to be honest, just one is an identifier towards a specific cause. 
March 30, 2013 @ 03:57 AM
wignersfriend

Exactly lmao. 

Imagine if civil rights leaders had done the same instead of pointing out injustices towards them
y'know - Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks had a little more luck creating a movement and getting people to actually change the system than a parade will do for rapists who will have a "change of heart" from seeing some nicely hand-crafted posters by a herd of women, 80% of whom probably softly whispered "tee hee stopppp" into their rapists ear and then (as above mentioned stories) filed a claim a year....get real! 

msirenwol.tumblr.com

March 30, 2013 @ 04:03 AM
valleyla

Exactly lmao. 

y'know - Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks had a little more luck creating a movement and getting people to actually change the system than a parade will do for rapists who will have a "change of heart" from seeing some nicely hand-crafted posters by a herd of women, 80% of whom probably softly whispered "tee hee stopppp" into their rapists ear and then (as above mentioned stories) filed a claim a year....get real! 
You're kind of a sad soul. Hopefully that gets fixed some point down the road for you.

It's funny how you mock victims of rape too with the "tee hee stop" comment. I sincerely hope you don't find yourself "tee heeing" in a situation where a guy forces himself on you. Or even a family member. 
March 30, 2013 @ 04:07 AM
GENERAL DISARRAY

theyre not 'parades' to change rapists minds, again its about spreading awareness and empowerment to signify that it doesnt matter what a women chooses to wears or doesnt wear, her body is her own and no one elses and nothing is an 'open invitation' as long as she is saying no.

& let me just quote myself here again

Around 60% of rapes aren't reported and in the 40% that do, only 3% of rapists are convicted and serve time. sure some of them might not have been 'actual' rapes and just some stupid girl regretting a decision but i doubt that's happened for all 97% of those times. Don't degrade the seriousness of rape and actual victims just because a couple 'sluts' do.
March 30, 2013 @ 04:08 AM
valleyla

Exactly lmao. 

Oh, I guess also imagine if the Quakers around the US in the beginning of the country hadn't spoken out about slavery and got it ended in England and the north. In your opinion, they should have allowed slaves to be empowered by being whipped and raped and systematically sterilized and "living their lives" instead of pointing out injustices. 
March 30, 2013 @ 04:10 AM
GENERAL DISARRAY

and do you not know how long it took before rosa parks and mlk came along? there were hundreds of years of oppression before they were born and do you think people just did nothing before them? youve gotta start somewhere. 
March 30, 2013 @ 04:10 AM
wignersfriend

it's not mocking, a lot of girls do that and then turn the story into rape later. for those girls I have no pity.

that's not to say I don't feel bad for girls who actually do get raped where they have absolutely no way out because their attacker is stronger. and I've been in situations where no means no, you just have to stick up for yourself and not get caught up in the moment. 

msirenwol.tumblr.com

March 30, 2013 @ 04:13 AM
gimmickaccountloser

suspended

i think all the feminism hype is bs and that's coming me and I'm female
I'm all for anyone who wants to better their life, etc. etc but feminism takes things to a new level where the objective is to demonize men as monsters and pigs and to victimize women (all the damn complaining omg) 
bottom line is you're more likely to come by bad decisions and outcomes when you surround yourself with bad choices. aka drunk girl at a party riding solo with no friends nearby..yeah you put yourself in that situation

not to mention that one of the most popular female fantasies is an assertive guy.... 

also I don't understand WTF the point is of a parade of half nude girls is going to prove to anyone. OK u got it, rapists are going to stop raping bc they see you with posters and bikini tops, job well done?
You try too hard to be "one of the guys"

I hate bitches like you with a passion
March 30, 2013 @ 04:15 AM
valleyla

it's not mocking, a lot of girls do that and then turn the story into rape later. for those girls I have no pity.

that's not to say I don't feel bad for girls who actually do get raped where they have absolutely no way out because their attacker is stronger. and I've been in situations where no means no, you just have to stick up for yourself and not get caught up in the moment. 
"Not get caught up in the moment."?

I'll let my numerous female friends know that when they were raped (after telling the guy no multiple times) they got caught up in the moment. They didn't fight hard enough. They didn't stick up for themselves.
March 30, 2013 @ 04:15 AM
GENERAL DISARRAY

but dont you understand how small a percentage of those type of 'rapes' happen compared to how many real rapes occur.
you JUST have to stick up for yourself? you dont think those girls tried? youre lucky if the person you were with just backed off but so many people just havent had that luxury or else it wouldnt be rape.
March 30, 2013 @ 04:18 AM
wignersfriend

Exactly lmao. 

Oh, I guess also imagine if the Quakers around the US in the beginning of the country hadn't spoken out about slavery and got it ended in England and the north. In your opinion, they should have allowed slaves to be empowered by being whipped and raped and systematically sterilized and "living their lives" instead of pointing out injustices. 

you can't compare slavery, discrimination, etc. to a movement about "rape victim awareness". everyone is fucking aware... rapists have been around since time began. what exactly is this "awareness" going to do for everyone who's already not aware that walking outside by yourself at night is a bad idea? if the idea is to PROMOTE the fact that women should walk outside in a tank top and not be raped, then you would actually have to be convincing attackers not to do that, right?  being "aware" doesn't do anything for anything for anyone unless you're telling women to be more careful about the things they wear, what time they go out at night... which seems like the opposite that goes on at the parades.."no women SHOULD do whatever they want and not get attacked" ok that's great but that's not going to happen. 

msirenwol.tumblr.com

March 30, 2013 @ 04:21 AM
valleyla

Exactly lmao. 

you can't compare slavery, discrimination, etc. to a movement about "rape victim awareness". everyone is fucking aware... rapists have been around since time began. what exactly is this "awareness" going to do for everyone who's already not aware that walking outside by yourself at night is a bad idea? if the idea is to PROMOTE the fact that women should walk outside in a tank top and not be raped, then you would actually have to be convincing attackers not to do that, right?  being "aware" doesn't do anything for anything for anyone unless you're telling women to be more careful about the things they wear, what time they go out at night... which seems like the opposite that goes on at the parades.."no women SHOULD do whatever they want and not get attacked" ok that's great but that's not going to happen. 
Slavery was also around since time began. Is it around anymore? Very, very, VERY little

Your whole belief of "these girls do this and that and this and that" is null and void. It holds no weight. Putting an end to rape culture (i.e. telling young boys to take what they want, that they are the dominant gender, that girls are objects) WILL cut down on rapes. What are you not understanding there?
March 30, 2013 @ 04:23 AM
March 30, 2013 @ 04:25 AM
GENERAL DISARRAY

youre the one that brought in mlk and rosa parks, and no, not everyone is aware. didnt you hear about the steubenville rape case? one of the guys didnt think it was actual rape because she wasnt physically fighting back and saying no (she was passed out).

"no women SHOULD do whatever they want and not get attacked" ok that's great but that's not going to happen. 
THATS THE POINT. a man can do so, but a women cant and boys are being taught that this is normal.
March 30, 2013 @ 04:26 AM
wignersfriend

Telling young boys to take what they want? 

Last time I checked, most fathers weren't having pep talks with their sons about how to muffle a girls screams and take what they want and the curriculums in schools don't cover "how to cover a girls mouth with chloroform"

it's pretty clear that rape is illegal, a crime, traumatizing to girls. we don't need a parade of half naked women all reliving their stories on posters to make us more aware of that. 

msirenwol.tumblr.com

March 30, 2013 @ 04:29 AM
valleyla

Last time I checked, most fathers weren't having pep talks with their sons about how to muffle a girls screams and take what they want and the curriculums in schools don't cover "how to cover a girls mouth with chloroform"

it's pretty clear that rape is illegal, a crime, traumatizing to girls. we don't need a parade of half naked women all reliving their stories on posters to make us more aware of that. 
How many times do you hear boys being told "keep going after her, she'll come around." or "if you want something in life, you have to take it." My dad told me that shit constantly when I was younger. That isn't saying "hey, rape this girl" but to a young boy as he grows up it can be construed that way. 

Boys get away with shit even as kids. Bullying in school towards girls is justified as "awwww! he likes her!". Social conditioning is a viable theory in life if you were unaware. 

The problem is, schools also don't cover "anything but a yes is a no". 
March 30, 2013 @ 04:31 AM
AmericanLegend

you guys are like Christians, theres no arguing with you 
you think youre absolutely right on everything 
you are blind
maybe even by emotion on some cases, but the key to thinking deep about this is too think with the perspective of both sides which it doesnt seem youre doing 
to wrapped up on your feminist friends, and the "if" this would happen to someone you know
i agree with some of the stuff youre saying, but other stuff is stupid and extreme

taste the glamour

March 30, 2013 @ 04:36 AM
wignersfriend

How many times do you hear boys being told "keep going after her, she'll come around." or "if you want something in life, you have to take it." My dad told me that shit constantly when I was younger. That isn't saying "hey, rape this girl" but to a young boy as he grows up it can be construed that way. 

Boys get away with shit even as kids. Bullying in school towards girls is justified as "awwww! he likes her!". Social conditioning is a viable theory in life if you were unaware. 

wow now we know who had to go see the counselor at school for bullying
you're taking all of this way out of context at this point, there's no point in debating this further. 

msirenwol.tumblr.com

March 30, 2013 @ 04:40 AM
valleyla

wow now we know who had to go see the counselor at school for bullying
you're taking all of this way out of context at this point, there's no point in debating this further. 
Lmao what? You made no sense on that first statement. How do boys bullying girls and it being seen as "cute" because he "likes her" have to do with me? You're reaching. Nice ad hominem by the way.

And I think you realize you're wrong in this situation to be honest. You do not understand what rape culture is and just keep bringing up the Slutwalks that are hosted around the country.
March 30, 2013 @ 04:42 AM
GENERAL DISARRAY

perspective of both sides? whats the other side, that rape is acceptable, its the victims fault and she probably deserved it? women shouldnt be so stupid to get themselves into these situations? youre right, im not ignorant enough to see that side of things. what are we saying thats 'stupid and extreme' exactly? that women deserve equality and empowerment and the degradation of rape is wrong? because thats my main argument. 

Please login first to reply.