SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
September 3, 2013 @ 12:16 AM
KiddCoast

Im tryna be an AC Tech. This schoo lofe aint for me and most of the time college is a rip off and a waste of time
Finally became an AC apprentice, this time next year i should be an AC technichian, and in 5 yrs i should be a journeyman cool

Twitter: @KiddCoast

September 3, 2013 @ 12:51 AM
MagnaDefender

Im tryna be an AC Tech. This schoo lofe aint for me and most of the time college is a rip off and a waste of time
Finally became an AC apprentice, this time next year i should be an AC technichian, and in 5 yrs i should be a journeyman
Furreal where ya'll laborers at? Im tryna be a mechanic and work my way up or stay a mechanic and open my own shop at some point. Im still going to tech school for like 2 years to get certified and what not but its cheap and they hook you up with a ton of tools as part of tuition. 

HANSUM BOY IS HANSUM

September 3, 2013 @ 12:55 AM
Thibault

majored in Management Information Systems, unemployed in my field.  work as a cook for 60 hours a week and run my own online marketing company with a partner.  we have two paying clients.  i don't spend any of the money that comes in because i am afraid i'm going to get manhandled on taxes when they come in next year.  
going to grad school for IT Auditing and Cybersecurity, starting fall 2013.  

the advice i can give you is simple.  work your ass off in college.  get the best grades you are possible of.  leave nothing behind.  the better your grades are, the better are your chances for internships, which will lead to experience, which will lead to bigger and better things.  
another way to get experience is to offer marketing and PR for free.  put an ad on craigslist offering free PR, and/or network with every person you know.  someone will know someone with a small business that you can do free/cheap marketing/PR for them.  
Pauly, months late on this but I was wondering if you are unemployed by choice? I can't see there being no demand in the technology field.

I'm studying Information Technology with a focus on software development. I will stick with it cause it is a field that I like a lot and I see there being a demand always.
September 3, 2013 @ 03:19 AM
حريق

Hmm, I may be the most unique career wise. See me, I know what I'm capable of. Which is why I will never get a peasant ass job, working a 9-5, taking orders, etc. like all the other young niggas of my time. I'm always on new ventures to make money. Currently I'm self-employed drop shipping in bulk part-time (usually only a few hours a day depending on my invoices), supplying companies with products from factories I've connected with via networking. No, I do not have a college degree in  business & I do not attend college. My next 2 project requires me to save the money I make so I can go into real estate & used car sales. Flipping cars from the insurance auctions & selling them on craigslist is fairly easy for me but I'd like to eventually get a car lot. Invest way more than you spend, it'll get you further in life financially. 

demdownvotestho

September 3, 2013 @ 10:15 PM
Glock Lesnar

Anyone got some tips for someone who is trying to be a game producer?
i realize this is way late, but in case you happen to check this thread again...

don't get your hopes up. i get it, you play video games and think that making them is going to be just as fun. it's not. you're going to be working your ass off and putting in a ton of extra hours so you can meet a deadline and what do you get in return? not enough pay for how much work you put in. and what if the game you're working on doesn't sell well? you're probably going to be out of a job. from what i can tell, most people hate it. the average career in the video game industry is extremely fucking short, something like <10 yrs or so. 

i'll give you the same advice that was given to me when i though about doing the same thing: get a degree in computer science or a related field (i'm currently working towards a computer information technology degree). learn a programming language or 2. then your career options vastly expand and, if you still really want to, you'll still be qualified enough to possibly get in at a game studio (probably not a big one, but you could always work your way up). but at the end of the day, the difference between programming a small part of a video game or programming software for a business is (well, aside from the final product) not as big as you would think.
September 20, 2013 @ 06:49 AM
soulamazing.

Bump. Just joined my school's PRSSA this semester. The dude who said that PR is female-dominant wasn't lying. There are only a handful of dudes in this organization, so it is a bit awkward. Also, I rushed AKPsi but didn't get a bid, so I'll rush for them again next semester. Anyone have any other ideas?
September 27, 2013 @ 12:33 AM
KiddCoast

Finally became an AC apprentice, this time next year i should be an AC technichian, and in 5 yrs i should be a journeyman
Furreal where ya'll laborers at? Im tryna be a mechanic and work my way up or stay a mechanic and open my own shop at some point. Im still going to tech school for like 2 years to get certified and what not but its cheap and they hook you up with a ton of tools as part of tuition. 
I wanted to be a mechanic too but bending over tryna get shit into tightt spaces aint seem that great, being in attics aint that great either but i should move over to commercial buildings soon, and that is a piece a cake and better pay cool

Twitter: @KiddCoast

Please login first to reply.