February 28, 2013 @ 12:32 AM
Specification

Serious Question.

Do women or just people ever compliment the way you dress?

Because personally, I've only had dudes compliment me when I wear something street wear related, like Supreme. Like, I've NEVER had a girl say, "hey nice box logo hoodie or nice Supreme/Streewear article of clothing"

But when I wear something like Zara or HM I will get occasional compliments on the way I dress. I guess it also depends if you are still in highschool or if you're in college.

Conclusion: Streetwear only gets the dudes or hipster girls. Menswear gets the women

Whats your guy's experiences?
February 28, 2013 @ 12:33 AM
HansumBasedFlexDaddy

Conclusion: Streetwear only gets the dudes or hipster girls. Menswear gets the women
HansumBasedFlexDaddy seconds this

Hansum + Based = Perfection

February 28, 2013 @ 12:36 AM
Specification

^well, not to get all psychological and shit, but roughly 50% of your purchases are to get you laid or at least noticed.

If we didn't care at all, we'd be wearing sweats all day with sandals.
February 28, 2013 @ 12:42 AM
totalespionage

HansumBasedFlexDaddy seconds this
I second this but, I think it depends on what the age of the person is who compliments you. Most of the bitches who compliment my fit usually are from 16-26 (I think) and just point out my shoes and the same goes for dudes. 
February 28, 2013 @ 12:45 AM
craigsagersuit

this light-skinned chick complimented my fit once. it threw me off guard since i was walking with the  face on
i guess you could say.. she wanted the D

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

February 28, 2013 @ 12:49 AM
dmwalking

This may come as a surprise to many on here, but I do get compliments on what I wear.  Usually it's on a pair of shoes or a tie or pocket square or some socks.  My tailor will compliment my choice of jacket and be surprised when I tell him I thrifted it.  My tastes aren't really HB friendly but it works well in the real world.  

And before everyone and their mother became a "sneakerhead" I had grown men bend over (pause) and be like, "what are THOSE?!"  And I got some digits off the strength of my footscape wovens. 

And just a few days ago I got complimented on my deer skin mocs.

Last name Ever, first name Worst Mod

February 28, 2013 @ 12:56 AM
totalespionage

^well, not to get all psychological and shit, but roughly 50% of your purchases are to get you laid or at least noticed.

If we didn't care at all, we'd be wearing sweats all day with sandals.
as weird as this might sound i actually like being able to look at myself in the mirror and think like "i fuck with the way im lookin today". its just like this is what I think looks dope. if other people fuck with it as well then thats tight, but i base what i wear on what I think looks good. 
This. It shouldn't matter what someone else thinks of your fits anyways. As long as you like what wear then thats all that counts. A few years ago people clowned me for wearing BAPE, it didn't bother me though.
February 28, 2013 @ 01:07 AM
Specification

^to a certain extent, sometimes people's opinions can influence the way I dress. Bad example, but when I was in hs and 15 I thought it was really cool to wear super baggy jeans and converse with the tongue popped out. Eventually I got clowned on so much I stopped doing it cus I thought it looked stupid too lol.
February 28, 2013 @ 01:17 AM
esjay

bitches always notice my shoes and shit , especially when I get a new pair . Thats really the only time I get compliments aside from the " nice shirt " people say all the time . 

MY FS THREAD , CHEAP ASS SHIT : http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/178540/

February 28, 2013 @ 01:21 AM
Ghidrah

I get lots of compliments when i wear my Vans x WTAPS Bones.

Twitter: @TheYoungWagner IG: ThaYoungWagner Tumblr: theyoungwagner.tumblr.com

February 28, 2013 @ 01:50 AM
unemployed

if you know some tumblr\instagram bitches it works
February 28, 2013 @ 01:57 AM
iAmSofaKing

This may come as a surprise to many on here, but I do get compliments on what I wear.  Usually it's on a pair of shoes or a tie or pocket square or some socks.  My tailor will compliment my choice of jacket and be surprised when I tell him I thrifted it.  My tastes aren't really HB friendly but it works well in the real world.  

And before everyone and their mother became a "sneakerhead" I had grown men bend over (pause) and be like, "what are THOSE?!"  And I got some digits off the strength of my footscape wovens. 

Post fits, saying your bout that Styleforum life?

For Sale: Large Navy Supreme Floral Polo WTB: Medium Black Supreme Roses Football Top

February 28, 2013 @ 02:27 AM
rabbitman

girls are usually the impressed if your clothes are well-fitted and you dress like an adult i.e. button-downs, sweaters etc. supreme, nikes, and all that streetwear stuff probably won't get you anywhere with most girls and if you do make it, its most likely your personality and not the clothes

be careful what you pretend to be

February 28, 2013 @ 02:47 AM
Hashy

Yeah niggas be mirin' bruh they be like "Damn dats some clean ass red Space Jams" these hoes just be like "OO I like Jays" with no clue about the history.  But when I wear menswear I get taken more sirius.
February 28, 2013 @ 02:50 AM
(G)TRAP

suspended

need to go shopping at zara now to get some bitches
February 28, 2013 @ 02:55 AM
Josh

info on deer skin mocs

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

February 28, 2013 @ 02:58 AM
fakeasslondon

im in polo pj's and a hanesxsupreme tee when im with bitches
February 28, 2013 @ 03:04 AM
unemployed

im in polo pj's and a hanesxsupreme tee when im with bitches
yo srs where can i cop some fake polo pjs?
February 28, 2013 @ 03:19 AM
nokia

who the fuck cares but, If your looking for compliments and girls compliment you in zara Wear a whole bunch of shit from zara Chances are you were wearing something from zara that looked like you were dressed up Girls compliment men that are dressed Up As we do with them, do you go up to girls that are wearing a hoodie and jeans and compliment pieces of there outfit nope nobody got time for that .Streetwear is what it reads. Casual wear, instead of wearing a blank t shirt and like some thriftstore shoes, you get to wear something different That has more character than basic shit adding cool shit into clothes you can throw on, that you dont have to dry clean Yea it can look really dope to people that are into it but some people literally see it as just you wearing a shirt and some jeans and some shoes
February 28, 2013 @ 03:21 AM
craigsagersuit

who the fuck cares but, If your looking for compliments and girls compliment you in zara Wear a whole bunch of shit from zara Chances are you were wearing something from zara that looked like you were dressed up Girls compliment men that are dressed Up As we do with them, do you go up to girls that are wearing a hoodie and jeans and compliment pieces of there outfit nope nobody got time for that .Streetwear is what it reads. Casual wear, instead of wearing a blank t shirt and like some thriftstore shoes, you get to wear something different That has more character than basic shit adding cool shit into clothes you can throw on, that you dont have to dry clean Yea it can look really dope to people that are into it but some people literally see it as just you wearing a shirt and some jeans and some shoes

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

February 28, 2013 @ 03:26 AM
nokia

February 28, 2013 @ 03:36 AM
veryrareandbased

streetwear for everyday clothing, supreme to stay flexin ja feel. and it gets compliments 

Zara for club clothing, clothing to attract bitches to lemme eat tha ass. 
No bitch in the club care if you got box logos and shit b. Ja feel.

#HANSUMBOYZ / "I mean I just wanted the pussy tbh."- Thad #FREETHAD

February 28, 2013 @ 03:39 AM
Soul Rize

on the real u right but i feel like a new person when i wear supreme. Its like the fit of confidence . but ye  i only get compliments from girls if i go men's wear but i don't want no bitch that likes men's wear . i wanna bitch that bout that hipsterlyfe. First bitch that compliments my preme will be my wife. END of STORY.

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

February 28, 2013 @ 03:46 AM
veryrareandbased

^ Tumblr bitches know about streetwear, and don't really rate menswear. 
and most tumblr bitches be fine as fuck

#HANSUMBOYZ / "I mean I just wanted the pussy tbh."- Thad #FREETHAD

February 28, 2013 @ 03:53 AM
spriteremix

IMO it's all about dressing to fit your life/personality/looks:

Not everyone looks good or is comfortable in a certain style of clothing.

Not everyone likes to conform and look like the next 48390 people just with a different face.

I buy/wear what I like and what is comfortable to me.

I'll wear streetwear and have dudes girls/wives eye fucking me based off my handsomeness alone

Clothes never made a difference for me when attracting women though...Whether I'm in streetwear or menswear it's always my looks/personality that gets it done...doesn't work for everyone though...if you're ugly you will most likely feel more conscious pressure to stay inside the box and dress like the next man in hopes of succeeding with women and other areas of your life. Nothing beats winning based off good looks alone. Always zero to minimal effort required. Trust me I don't expect many of yall to relate to this.
February 28, 2013 @ 04:03 AM
totalespionage

No bitch in the club care if you got box logos and shit b. Ja feel.
LOLOLOL! Real live though. It's not like they are going to see that shit in a dark ass club anyways. 
February 28, 2013 @ 04:10 AM
encore818

my paisley supreme hoodie gets compliments from everyone just sayin. Supreme makes lots of good quality non streetwearesque items.
February 28, 2013 @ 04:46 AM
Unuffin

girls are usually the impressed if your clothes are well-fitted and you dress like an adult i.e. button-downs, sweaters etc. supreme, nikes, and all that streetwear stuff probably won't get you anywhere with most girls and if you do make it, its most likely your personality and not the clothes
1000000%%%%

No one likes a guy with some jordans sneakers. Grow up!

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

February 28, 2013 @ 05:41 AM
L.G.W.H.4000

Im 24 and I cant even wear street wear or jordans/sbs anymore.. The only joint im getting from the Supreme drop is the pocket tee because its basic and will fit well. Eventually having logos and shit plastered all over your body looks super teenager and lame. Strong basics and fit over everything. Daily im in a pair of Red Wing 1907s (live in a snowy city), well fitting levis and a well fitting basic tee with a well fitting basic jacket. Get the essentials and do them right and you will always look the best (unless your ridiculously out of shape)

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/forum/topic/168595/? #post-3381365

February 28, 2013 @ 08:42 AM
dmwalking

Post fits, saying your bout that Styleforum life?
Nah styleforum is way outta budget for me. I'm not doing bespoke suits and $900 crispins. I just get things tailored and put together decent combos here and there.  Ladies love silk knits and socks that pop.  Guys usually compliment how I freak a pocket square. 

Last name Ever, first name Worst Mod

Please login first to reply.