Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
February 20, 2013 @ 06:07 AM
tmwtg

Probably a few people who are around my age (21), was wondering if you guys feel this way.

I have a lot to be grateful for; good internship, good friends, my girl, good family, a job lined up after I graduate.

But I feel all the work I've put in to get to this point has been for nothing. I feel like I'm just going through the motions. Been drinking a lot lately to numb everything. Been experimenting with harder drugs. I don't have shit figured out and it's getting to me now that I have actual responsibilities.

Anyone else ever feel stuck/complacent/disappointed? How'd you get out of your rut?

tldr; I'm grateful for all I have, but I don't think I'm happy.
February 20, 2013 @ 06:11 AM
WatchOutForSelener

Well first, stop with the drugs and drinking.

Second, what is it you want? What do you feel like is missing?

February 20, 2013 @ 06:33 AM
theglory

February 20, 2013 @ 06:35 AM
bigshlong

IT'S BECAUSE WE AS HUMANS LIVE IN AN UNNATURAL SOCIETY,
IT TOOK US MILLENNIUMS TO EVOLVE INTO OUR CURRENT CONDITION.
WE'VE ONLY BEEN LIVING IN OUR MODERN SOCIETY FOR A FEW CENTURIES.
OUR FOOD IS PROCESSED AND EASILY ACCESSIBLE,
NATURE CAN'T PUNISH US FOR BEING LAZY.
WE HUMAN BEINGS ARE OUT OF SYNC WITH THE WORLD WE LIVE IN,
WE DON'T KNOW WHERE OUR PRECIOUS, VALUABLE FOOD COMES FROM. 
OUR MINDS AND BODIES HAVE NOT ( YET ? ) ADJUSTED TO OUR CURRENT MODERN-DAY SOCIETY.
WE ARE NOT BUILD FOR A MODERN-DAY SOCIETY.
February 20, 2013 @ 06:38 AM
craigsagersuit

meet new people

do things you haven't done before

and peep the vid

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

February 20, 2013 @ 07:19 AM
DREWKKAKE

damn bruh. but yeah go sober for a week or two and see how you feel. just sounds like you need a clear head

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

February 20, 2013 @ 11:43 AM
ghettoface

IT'S BECAUSE WE AS HUMANS LIVE IN AN UNNATURAL SOCIETY,
IT TOOK US MILLENNIUMS TO EVOLVE INTO OUR CURRENT CONDITION.
WE'VE ONLY BEEN LIVING IN OUR MODERN SOCIETY FOR A FEW CENTURIES.
OUR FOOD IS PROCESSED AND EASILY ACCESSIBLE,
NATURE CAN'T PUNISH US FOR BEING LAZY.
WE HUMAN BEINGS ARE OUT OF SYNC WITH THE WORLD WE LIVE IN,
WE DON'T KNOW WHERE OUR PRECIOUS, VALUABLE FOOD COMES FROM. 
OUR MINDS AND BODIES HAVE NOT ( YET ? ) ADJUSTED TO OUR CURRENT MODERN-DAY SOCIETY.
WE ARE NOT BUILD FOR A MODERN-DAY SOCIETY.
im feelin ya mane

i think the next step in human evolution is us bein high 24/7 n thinkin about sum crazy shit in life n learn how to use magic mane cause i feel da power inside me

but rite now its fucked up with the internet n shit like that we are connected 24/7 with people around the whole world mane we all addicted to da world wide web

anotha problem is that we have too much time cause we aint in da struggle anymore (most of us, peace to ma street hustlers) so we think about life n why we on earth n most of us get depressed cause we dont find answers to it so life doesnt make any sense

then anotha problem is da media bein materialistic n givin us a wrong idea of life n fuckin errthang up mane
February 20, 2013 @ 02:03 PM
vanberry2013

should stop to do this!
February 20, 2013 @ 05:37 PM
dmwalking

I can't really relate. I'm in a great new phase in my life.  And I haven't really felt stuck in a rut.  Whenever I do, I get myself out of it quick. 

IDK what to tell you.  I don't know if what I do will work for you but my approach is:

1. Be grateful for everything.  You could be scraping to just be able to afford a half bag of rice per day, you dig?  You're more privileged than you think. So always count the smallest blessings first and be grateful.  I grew up with very little. So while I'm not balling on Ronnel's level yet, I'm still very happy to have my sanity and a lot more than I had growing up.

2. Routine is your enemy unless it's actually making you better.  If you feel like whatever you're doing is too monotonous, change things up in your life.  Start hitting the gym. Join a boxing club, muay Thai gym, or MMA/BJJ gym.  Join a little ball league.  Take whatever hobby you have, and become active in it.  Find an old pair of shoes and try to customize them. IDK man, just do something to break the monotony.  It's not fun to do something over and over unless there's a reward system in place. Getting better at something is a great reward.  So find something to grow with. 

3. Set new goals often.  You shoudl always set small short term goals in conjuction with long term goals.  Then map out how you're gonna get there.  Wanna get ripped?  Ok, then sign up to a gym....map out a schedule...etc.  Short term goals.  Wanna become a millionaire?  Map that out.  Save x amount of dough.  Speak to some Fidelity agent.  Start investing. Look into 401k or IRA's.    Wanna get a certain career, aim for it. Once you reach for it, look to the next level or a different career.  Never reach your goal and stay there. I've done that before and it really stifled the amount of success I could've had had I only kept aiming higher.  

That's really it.  If my job bores me, I start looking for new jobs. I was tired of my old city. It was draining the life out of me. I moved to a new city.   Whenever I get bored, I'll look into trying something new like indoor sky diving or going to a shooting range where you can rent guns.   When I reach a goal, I aim higher.

Being ungrateful is a virus.  Monotony is a cancer.  Stagnation is death. Avoid those things and I think you'll be ok. 

Good luck my g.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

February 20, 2013 @ 06:24 PM
//////

quite often but something always changes

then you get back to this feeling again

and it'll keep coming back
February 20, 2013 @ 06:29 PM
Araab-Muzik

good thread
February 20, 2013 @ 07:41 PM
primez

I haven't done drugs, but I can relate. I'm a seventeen-year-old senior in high school, and I'll most likely go to a community college. I honestly don't know what to do in terms of profession. I used to feel a lot more optimistic, but the current economy seems to be intolerant of any little misstep. It used to be that you could choose any major you desire and feel optimistic about becoming employed in your field of interest. Nowadays, it's not like that. If the field is overcrowded, you'll probably have a harder time finding a satisfactory job. I feel as though I might have to end up working in a field I'm not even that interested in just to make some money. I really just want to be able to do something I truly have passion in as my profession.
February 25, 2013 @ 07:07 AM
Andrizzle

I feel you b.

I'm also 22, about to graduate from a prestigious university, got a job set after, dating a really nice girl, supportive friends and family... 

...but i still feel like something's amiss. i'm trying to be positive though, people say the 20's will be the best years of your life. so do it big because you'll be 30 sooner than you know. 
February 25, 2013 @ 07:19 AM
theh00d

Pretty much sums it up.

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

February 25, 2013 @ 12:08 PM
Pantic

This thread is full of privileged little bitches crying over nothing tho
February 25, 2013 @ 01:56 PM
No Fuxx Given

shut up dumb nigga u live in america ur privileged too 

Fly on little wing

February 25, 2013 @ 02:55 PM
REVS

What does your situation look like?

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

February 25, 2013 @ 03:35 PM
1973 tha Kami

I'm 23, Ive been living by myself in Asia since i was 18, Singapore to be exact. I chose to leave Amurrika and be myself for awhile just for some life experience. Joined a few companies here and even pursued my studies for 1/4 of American university's costs. I'm completing my double major this year in Marketing and Finance. Can't say that I've been completely financial independent since I was 18 but for the last couple years, I've been making ends meet with whatever amount of money I could scrimp and save.
February 25, 2013 @ 03:50 PM
Black Donald Trump

save up some cash and take a vacation
February 25, 2013 @ 04:12 PM
ChicagoStyles

it's natural to feel like that at that age, this is the time where you discover who you are and what you want in life

My Reality show, watch it now!! --> http://www.youtube.com/ChicagoStyles23

February 25, 2013 @ 04:34 PM
theglory

I'm 23, Ive been living by myself in Asia since i was 18, Singapore to be exact. I chose to leave Amurrika and be myself for awhile just for some life experience. Joined a few companies here and even pursued my studies for 1/4 of American university's costs. I'm completing my double major this year in Marketing and Finance. Can't say that I've been completely financial independent since I was 18 but for the last couple years, I've been making ends meet with whatever amount of money I could scrimp and save.
so u moved from Amurrika cuz ur small asian penile was too small and bitches wuz always like "damn bruh is it in?" so u moved to China where girls hav tighter coochies from genetic proportionality with asian niggas small dicks
February 25, 2013 @ 04:35 PM
theglory

it's natural to feel like that at that age, this is the time where you discover who you are and what you want in life
damn bruh wuz it hard comin out the closet
February 25, 2013 @ 04:45 PM
Soul Rize

same i'm goin on 19 and i get your feeling but i tend to drink more than do drugs. but i stoped cuz i feel its not taking me any futher . i taken up new stuff if friends invite me to do something i give it a shot and it was worth when i went biking. and it feels good to go downtown and biking at night on the weekends. the peace . breeze got some soft music in my ears. i mean just the harmony of it. being stuck inside or in a house on the internet is where i feel the sorce of being dissatisfied with life starts from

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

February 25, 2013 @ 04:48 PM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

read the Quran bro. trust me.

:)

February 25, 2013 @ 05:29 PM
1973 tha Kami

we need to have a serious discussions forum section. Any trolling in that section should be temp banned
February 25, 2013 @ 05:39 PM
Soul Rize

we need to have a serious discussions forum section. Any trolling in that section should be temp banned

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

February 25, 2013 @ 06:09 PM
theglory

ur small dick got temp banned from Amurrika nigga
February 25, 2013 @ 06:24 PM
Pantic

Yo all hate aside, can you even use that education back in merica? I heard alot of educated immigrants have to start from scratch in new countries, but maybe we just racist out here in scandinavia. I'd love to take abit of my education cross border
February 25, 2013 @ 06:32 PM
buffaloclone

word, 19 year old attending my first year at uni, have no intended major, nothing i want to do and will probobley dropout after this semester. im thinking about just up and moving after summer. il live in my car in cali for a couple months just for a change of shit. i have about $7k and il make a couple more this summer and if i can get 20 hours a week down their il be just fine. and i dont even drink or do drugs really, last semester i drank 3 days a week and atributed that to my shit gpa but now im drinking once every other weekend if that and still dont even have above a 3.0

http://dogfart69.tumblr.com/ follow ya boi, its pretty much all puppies and babes

April 17, 2013 @ 05:45 AM
tmwtg

2 months later and things are pretty much the same.

The sadness of it all is that none of my family, friends, or my girl know what I'm thinking. I hide it pretty well; the only ones who do know are HB fam and a psychologist I see 2x/week.

Please login first to reply.