Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
February 13, 2013 @ 07:09 PM
unemployed

i got an inteview next week, and the dude said i need to write a letter to present myself..
i've never had an interview/job before, how do i present myself doe? i can't say Hi, all i do is go on hb and fap

help
February 13, 2013 @ 07:15 PM
koolgtrap

wear a box logo
February 13, 2013 @ 07:24 PM
Brosef

I've always followed the rule for dress for the job you want. 
February 13, 2013 @ 08:03 PM
Don Francisco

Just go into the interview looking your most hansum. Good luck with the job.

Lemme tissue how to hansum.

February 13, 2013 @ 08:18 PM
Pantic

Just sound like you care about that shit with heart and soul, and your life will never be complete without landing that exact job. Even if its a damn burger flipping job, or an actual good job. You and the employer both know that you don't give a fuck bout it and that you are there for the money, but it's just how the etiquette goes.
February 13, 2013 @ 08:23 PM
feelings

act like you own that establishment and that everyone there should be working for you. They will hire you then immediately give you a promotion to the highest job title there.
February 13, 2013 @ 08:26 PM
BuddyOmar

Arrive a little early with a dress shirt and tie, firm handshake, and engage them with eagerness. Be very outgoing and friendly, be a little more outgoing than you might usually be. Always respond positively to every question, even if it mean embellishing or lying a bit.

"Yessir, of course I can do that, absolutely."

Articulate yourself well and appear smarter than any of the other faggots interviewing. Assuming this is a basic job, they just want someone who seems nice and gives a fuck. Just do your best youngin. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

February 13, 2013 @ 08:46 PM
EEK

what's the job though?

You would be surprised how likely people are turned down for over dressing to a job interview and acting over qualified.
Being a 'Yes man' is also an off put for employers, every person that goes through that door says yes to every question asked.
Do some research into the history of the company; speak about it in the interview, it keeps the conversation flowing.
Write down strong traits you have and how they would positively effect the job.
Be polite and attentive. 

.wa do dem.

February 13, 2013 @ 08:55 PM
BuddyOmar

what's the job though?

You would be surprised how likely people are turned down for over dressing to a job interview and acting over qualified.
Being a 'Yes man' is also an off put for employers, every person that goes through that door says yes to every question asked.
Do some research into the history of the company; speak about it in the interview, it keeps the conversation flowing.
Write down strong traits you have and how they would positively effect the job.
Be polite and attentive. 

He's doing a basic job b. He'd be over thinking doing what you're doing. No such thing as over dressing to an interview, I shine on them every interview I've done and I've been gucci. 

If it's sports authority or retail or some shit like that the manager doesn't give a shit about the history and all that. He's just gonna ask some basic questions and that's that. I'm not implying that he lie about his qualifications, but if they ask if you are capable of doing some basic ass task you've never done before, just say yes. 

Now it's one thing if he has his Doctorate in Neurology and Masters in Business Management and  he's showing up to Jamba Juice as a basic ass demon, but if he's some regular kid he just needs to show up and be exactly what a manager can put in the front of the store and trust he'll do his job effectively. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

February 13, 2013 @ 09:13 PM
EEK

That is why I am asking what the job is.

Regardless if the job is basic, if you don't show an interest in the company past or present an employer isn't going to show any interest in you compared to every other person who walk's through that door.

I wouldn't hire him if he came in dressed in a suit and only said yes to everything I said. Everyone does that, you aren't standing out or putting any effort in. 

.wa do dem.

February 13, 2013 @ 09:26 PM
ghettoface

juz be alpha like me n tell ya baws datcha plan to get his job cause ya need da cash n u want to fuck da shit out of his wifes asshole juz for fun n stomp on his kids testicles juz so he can feel da pain u have to feel every day
February 13, 2013 @ 09:29 PM
BuddyOmar

Regardless if the job is basic, if you don't show an interest in the company past or present an employer isn't going to show any interest in you compared to every other person who walk's through that door.

I wouldn't hire him if he came in dressed in a suit and only said yes to everything I said. Everyone does that, you aren't standing out or putting any effort in. 

I smell you, but I'm just telling you what's really real. 90% of retail/basic ass store managers are burn outs who don't give a shit and just need competent staff. 

Dress shirt, tie, slacks, dress shoes is fine, I'm not telling buddy to come rent a tuxedo from Men's Wearhouse or anything. 

February 13, 2013 @ 09:36 PM
PERFECT WHITE MALE

this thread is here once a month
February 13, 2013 @ 09:44 PM
EEK

I smell you too, but anyone can cook chicken, takes that extra spice to make it stand out.

But seriously what's the job.  

.wa do dem.

February 13, 2013 @ 10:37 PM
craigsagersuit

real recognize real my brother

if they know what's good for their company they would hire a #hansum nigga

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

February 13, 2013 @ 10:43 PM
bjornvan

make sure you wear a watch .... trust me
February 13, 2013 @ 10:44 PM
adoboFosho

You got the steak, but I got the sizzle.

My nizzle.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

February 13, 2013 @ 10:50 PM
offensive-commenter

if you watched the move "Ted," do what Ted did during his interview. he got a promotion his first day.
February 13, 2013 @ 10:51 PM
from02hero

why though 
explain
February 14, 2013 @ 12:16 AM
unemployed

thanks fam

but how do you write a letter about yourself? is it like i go to school, i play sports.. etc.etc

or

im interested in this job because..doodoodoodoodo
February 14, 2013 @ 12:24 AM
unemployed

real recognize real my brother

if they know what's good for their company they would hire a #hansum nigga
February 14, 2013 @ 01:16 AM
Jamie Dimon

I smell you, but I'm just telling you what's really real. 90% of retail/basic ass store managers are burn outs who don't give a shit and just need competent staff. 

Dress shirt, tie, slacks, dress shoes is fine, I'm not telling buddy to come rent a tuxedo from Men's Wearhouse or anything. 
My cousin showed up in a graphic t shirt and jeans for a job interview at a CVS years ago. He had no prior work experience before that. Was pretty much hired on the spot, manager just needed to make sure that his background check went through without anything too incriminating on it.

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

February 14, 2013 @ 01:30 AM
It's Only Hype

^He was probably wearing a box logo tho
February 14, 2013 @ 02:20 AM
Trill O'Reilly

Wear something that will make you look pretty jafillme
February 14, 2013 @ 02:34 AM
oneallah

write supreme in a box on the paper
INSTANT NEW JOB
February 14, 2013 @ 02:37 AM
bjornvan

why though 
explain

its a secret.And if i explain it. It wont work anymore.
February 14, 2013 @ 06:00 AM
paulywalnuts

depends on the type of job and your past experience but i will try to keep it general.  
it is a no-brainer to be dressed well.  there is no such thing as overdressed or overqualified.  be well groomed, no facial hair, no cologne.  Bring a resume, and it sounds like what he is asking for a cover letter. 

you cover letter (and interview) need to present yourself as a competent problem solver, and as someone who has had relevant enough past employment experience to qualify you for the current job.  you need to tell a story in your interview in a sense.  everything you say, you need to be able to back up.  if you say you are loyal, or a hard worker, or enthusiastic, or a quick learner, or good problem solver, you need to be able to say WHY you are that thing.  
"I consider one of my strong points to be a leader because at my last job I took the initiative to apply myself in a leadership position for a project that resulted in the creation of a new product that helped the company in this and this way."  "I am very customer oriented.  For example, i went out of my way to make sure that customers were always pleased in my role as a whatever, and my customer service ratings were always above 90% and I was recognized as employee of the month in march 2012."  

if there is a job description, you need to write your cover letter in a way that describes yourself as someone who can do all of the roles in the description if that makes any sense.  read the job description, or if there isn't one, think about what the job entails, and craft your letter accordingly.  Think about the ideal candidate for the job, and match  your experience WITH your willingness to LEARN and GROW in the company and you will be golden.  think beforehand about your strengths and weaknesses.  come up with 3 of your strengths and 1 weakness, but make sure it's not a real weakness.  something like, "i am a bit of a perfectionist."  or "i tend to get very emotional about my work because i care so much about it" or some other happy horseshit, but don't like and say "nope.  don't have any."  

another few basic pointers.  sit still during the interview.  plant your feet on the ground and don't bounce around.  keep your hands away from your face and mouth and the back of your neck.  body language is very important.  you must be composed and confident.  sit up straight and look at the interviewer in the eyes, but not the whole fucking time.  dont' say AHM and UMM.  if you have something in front of you, don't fiddle with it. put the pen down unless you are writing something.  ask for a business card, when you can expect to hear back and who you can follow up with.  send a thank you email within 24 hours.   

lastly, research the company and ASK QUESTIONS when they give you the chance to.  i repeat, do not decline the opportunity to ask questions, and use the time wisely.  ask something you really want to know and it will reflect well.  

tl,dr:  shower, shave.  back up every statement you make with anecdotes and facts.  sit up straight, don't say UM and ask questions when given the chance.  ask about the next steps/process.    

i master bait from time to time/// wtb - supreme mohair cardigan large, orange or pink, pm me...

February 14, 2013 @ 06:06 AM
poobie

^ DID NOT REED
February 14, 2013 @ 06:46 PM
tmwtg

^ DID NOT REED
Do you have a job?
February 14, 2013 @ 09:12 PM
lostboy23

depends on the type of job and your past experience but i will try to keep it general.  
it is a no-brainer to be dressed well.  there is no such thing as overdressed or overqualified.  be well groomed, no facial hair, no cologne.  Bring a resume, and it sounds like what he is asking for a cover letter. 

I disagree. You can definitely be overdressed for an interview. As someone else already quoted, dress for the job you are applying for, not the job you currently hold. Dress accordingly to the industry you are interviewing for; for example, if you are interviewing for PwC, KPMG, or any other finance or business-oriented firm, wear a nice tailored suit. If it's a first time job, I highly doubt a suit is needed (in which you would be overdressing).

Please login first to reply.