Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
February 8, 2013 @ 05:05 PM
thrillmatic

The question speaks for itself. Please discuss.

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

February 8, 2013 @ 05:10 PM
totalespionage

IMO...yes

These past two years have shown just how sensitive Americans are. 
February 8, 2013 @ 05:14 PM
thrillmatic

IMO...yes

These past two years have shown just how sensitive Americans are. 
I agree, but I need examples. This question just came up off the top of my head.

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

February 8, 2013 @ 05:29 PM
Black Donald Trump

i dont really think we're any more sensitive than any other country
February 8, 2013 @ 06:05 PM
chankisdankk

It's a combination of people being overly sensitive and others being completely ruthless
February 8, 2013 @ 06:13 PM
EEK A LURKER

Most fat people are sensitive about their weight. 

.wa do dem.

February 8, 2013 @ 06:15 PM
Black Manta

I think it's the opposite; as time goes on we become less sensitive. Depends on what context OP is referring to though.

LTE bands will make her dance.

February 8, 2013 @ 06:24 PM
thrillmatic

It's a combination of people being overly sensitive and others being completely ruthless

February 8, 2013 @ 06:41 PM
thrillmatic

I think it's the opposite; as time goes on we become less sensitive. Depends on what context OP is referring to though.
I get you, as we grow older we become more psychologically conditioned to someone else's bullshit. I'm discussing "political correctness".

For example, I'm not very happy with President Obama's drone strikes. Black people will call me a sellout, if a white "liberal" (I don't like the vagueness of that term but you get what I mean) does the same as me then they call them a racist. The fuck?

But regarding actually sensitivity, you should never get offended at what someone else says. Just understand that if a person disagrees with you and they have power over you, then you just put yourself at a disadvantage.

Anyways, I won't be logging on this weekend cuz I need to study, but keep talking. I'm sure you wouldn't want your surgeon leaving something inside your body during a spine laminectomy.

February 8, 2013 @ 06:47 PM
hbmod

since 9/11 yes
February 8, 2013 @ 08:37 PM
kbos

Americans have become more sensitive about some things and less about others.

Example, 40 years ago little Jimmy goes to play on the playground, all the play equipment is made of metal, and the ground is wood chips, kids are having a great time and despite getting banged up and bleeding from time to time. Little Jimmy comes home to watch the brady bunch and read comics. He curses he gets his mouth washed out with soap.

Little Jimmy circa 2013 goes to play on the playground, all the play equipment is made of plastic or it is padded, and the ground is soft rubber, kids are playing like they did 40 years ago, but their safety on the playground is coddled. Little Jimmy comes home to watch people getting killed, or fucking on the internet, or he just watches it right on the playground with his ipad. He calls his mom a bitch whenever he pleases.
February 8, 2013 @ 08:56 PM
loofy

A great example is how some people claimed the superbowl coca cola ad was an insult to arabs somehow and others claimed the Volkswagen ad was prejudice to Jamiacans but the jamaicans said they enjoyed the commerical. If anything the ad does the opposite, i thought it put jamaicans in a good light, that they are always happy and optimisitc.

But there is an aspect that our youth (all of us) have grown less sensitive to violence and sex. Over time kids are "growing up" faster and sex and violence is everywhere now so it's not a big deal to kids today.

So sort of a combination of both
February 8, 2013 @ 09:15 PM
hbmod

blame the internet
February 8, 2013 @ 09:31 PM
Bet

I absolutely believe so, everyone is offended from every single thing..
February 8, 2013 @ 09:42 PM
Kimo 先生

Example, 40 years ago little Jimmy goes to play on the playground, all the play equipment is made of metal, and the ground is wood chips, kids are having a great time and despite getting banged up and bleeding from time to time. Little Jimmy comes home to watch the brady bunch and read comics. He curses he gets his mouth washed out with soap.

Little Jimmy circa 2013 goes to play on the playground, all the play equipment is made of plastic or it is padded, and the ground is soft rubber, kids are playing like they did 40 years ago, but their safety on the playground is coddled. Little Jimmy comes home to watch people getting killed, or fucking on the internet, or he just watches it right on the playground with his ipad. He calls his mom a bitch whenever he pleases.
sad truth man. i see shit like this alot.
these little kids running around with 300-500 dollar ipads just because their parents want to give them what they couldnt have. i understand that but a child has no business with that type of technology just to play games and go on youtube all day. shit i hardly even see kids play outside anymore.

http://tinyurl.com/3dln5qa

February 8, 2013 @ 10:39 PM
Wavey_LenZ

No we don't, what programs are you fucking watching?
February 8, 2013 @ 11:00 PM
&bullshit

definitely. we've become so coddled and hardly deal with real problems that we bitch about advertising campaigns and who plays who in movies. (ex: women want to ban the new florida logo cus it has a tie in it. asian-americans protested against an ice cream named after jermy lin cus it had fortune cookie pieces in it (not trying to single out those 2 demographics, everyone does it))

^see i felt the need to apologize for singling out a group of women and asian-americans.

http://92riots.tumblr.com/

February 8, 2013 @ 11:32 PM
G8tor

I put my toothbrush on sensitive when  i brush

off top

February 8, 2013 @ 11:46 PM
It's Only Hype

People getting sensitive with the F and G word now, except it's "fag[got]" and "gay"
February 9, 2013 @ 12:27 AM
KTA

this is all true but think more mainstream. these days a guy cant even call someone a faggot without having to publicly apologize. everyone feels entitled and sensitivity is at its peak. you cant do or say something in the public eye without a lawsuit 
February 9, 2013 @ 12:36 AM
dmwalking

Yes. Everyone's ego is hanging by a thread. You can't even tell a middle aged white person their breath stank without them wanting to sue you or commit suicide.  It's outta hand. 

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

February 9, 2013 @ 12:43 AM
popeyes

if you watch demolition man (fucking great movie), everything about it is coming true.

john lamone is a fag. boland is a fag.

February 9, 2013 @ 12:52 AM
bjornvan

americans have always been sensitive.But what do you expect from a melting pot of nationalities, beliefs and personalities etc.
Some of you think learning and adapting means becoming sensitive .but it depends on what you mean by sensitive
February 9, 2013 @ 02:00 AM
johnathan

We've become less sensitive as a society in general we've been conditioned by the mass media to be dumbed down. Dumbed down in the sense that we play Call of Duty watch endless amounts of movies with violence in them to the point that we have lost the ability to feel empathy and sympathy to another human being's feelings. Like i feel we all have isolated ourselves from the feelings of even our family and close peers. We dehumanize murders we see in the news as "Just another thing" we don't realize how real shit is. Even a domestic dispute is sort of brushed off now. We've been flooded with terror in the news we're just used to it being "it doesn't effect me, i dont really care" sort of attitude. So when some terrible is going on in our lifes we have no support system nobody to rely on. A lot of first world countries have high rates on depression due to the fact they've been dumbed down by modern day media to accept the horrendous injustices going on all around us. The line of real and fake has been blurred so that we can accept the murders from our own troops towards other people as "Something that had to be done." America is the most interesting country in the world in the idea of it's patriotic sense. America will justify or rationalize with the reasoning behind the murders of third world citizens by the hands of our troops yet become outraged by the ones from other countries on their own people. No life is less important regardless of citizenship and i think people have forgotten that. America is controlled by fear mongering which is slowly pushing the country into a police state in the sake of our "Safety". 

In the sense of racism and social classes within the country I feel we couldn't be sensitive enough to racism. Racism is just another way to divide poor people into slavery. Years ago only minorities were slaves to the system now they've made sure that everyone of any race or complexion of skin can be a slave to the system. It goes by a monetary hierarchy now. The middle class is slowly disintegrating into poor and rich. Realistically we're all going to be working for the man college education or not very soon. Although most of us already are there's the middle class that differentiates us. That is no longer relevant. Racism is pushed by sites like Worldstar, comedians, TMZ and etc to divide us as races into these social stereotypes that we have so us as people won't have our own identities and will fight among our broke ass selfs. I mean sure the occasional racist joke may be funny but those are still the things that divide us into You cant do this if you're black, you can't do this if you're white. If youre white you're expected to do this blah blah blah sort of mentality.

So I mean we're definitely sensitive but I think we have to have a reasoning behind why we're sensitive and justifications not just butt hurt over a comment somebody has made towards you. Understand why people are sensitive and why our society has gotten so sensitive. I think it's because we've been told since birth who we are, what we can do and what we can't do. People get offensive when they're not seen as the person they see themselves as. It also doesn't help when everyone has a predetermined mindset on who you should be based on your wealth, complexion, or age without even knowing you. I think we have to put ignorance to the side and let people prosper and grow into the person they were born to be and our society will thrive as a based one. shout outs to the almighty (Lil B).

free max b 2013

February 9, 2013 @ 02:24 AM
ukbam

Haha Americans are known by the rest of the world to get butt hurt over stuff so easily and hated/laughed at for it (most of the world HATE the USA so crack jokes a lot, fact). The USA is that young angry kid throwing their weight around trying to prove a point all the time. Young country. Personally I love the US though for the sport, food, and the decent people if you can find them, but not the imperialism, arrogance and invasion of the rest of the fucking planet. Anyway this might get a fuck load of thumbs down but it is true. 

edit: This is in reference to the USA being offended by what other countries think of them. 
February 9, 2013 @ 02:27 AM
Fitch

Sensitive? Yeah, probably. But I'm more pissed about the increase of political correctness, which I guess is followed by sensitivity. We didn't used to be so PC. I used to consider Canada, UK, France, and every other white European country way more politically correct. Apparently, we thought it was a good idea to follow their direction.
February 9, 2013 @ 02:38 AM
loofy

Sensitive? Yeah, probably. But I'm more pissed about the increase of political correctness, which I guess is followed by sensitivity. We didn't used to be so PC. I used to consider Canada, UK, France, and every other white European country way more politically correct. Apparently, we thought it was a good idea to follow their direction.
Well Obama does want to make the US more European in general, instead of being the headstrong first-to-go-in type of country that doesn't really care about what others think I believe we're trying to please everyone now and afraid of hurting other people's feelings, even our enemies in the middle east who want to hurt us. Doesn't make sense to me why the European model is worth following but hey that's what we voted for.

Getting back to the sensitivity thing though, it's more the media and other public eye outlets that have given the US this new kind of sensitive (pussy) attitude, I still think most of us Americans are still hearty and outspoken but government and media/celebs make the world view us differently.
February 9, 2013 @ 03:47 AM
Fitch

@loofy

Which is whatever, but we're not European. I agree with you though. I'm fine with abstaining from war if possible, that's not my issue. Like you say though, we're trying to spare everyone's feelings. If a choice came down to sparing someone's life versus sparing their feelings, I bet there's plenty who would choose the latter. And yupp, even in the Middle East we're so fucking concerned about hurting people's feelings but have no reservations about blowing up fucking villages on the daily. Remember that guy who wanted to burn a bunch of Qu'rans and everybody in the world got their panties in a wad? Or how everybody got upset about those soldiers peeing on the corpses of the guys they just killed? It was perfectly fine that they killed them, but pissing on them was just over the top, apparently. Americans overseas are now being instructed to avoid criticizing pedophilia, or advocating women's rights. The US government can now make no links between Islam and terrorism (I'm not talking about generalizing. Even admitting the 9/11 hijackers or the 7/7 bombers were Muslim is too edgy for people). Or this whole "immigration reform" everybody is now demanding, especially down here in California. It has nothing to do with "equality." The illegals want it for obvious reasons and then all these do-gooder dipshit PC morons jump on that wagon and now people are pushing for illegals to be allowed drivers licenses and even law licenses. No country who puts its citizens first would have this shit. I had a comment exchange with a French dude on a story about allowing illegal immigrants to attend American universities (possibly with financial aid, I can't remember) and he started spouting shit in defense of these undocumented immigrants, as if that's how shit works in Europe. View the US requirements for citizenship and you'll find they're very fair compared to many other countries. And don't get me started on "racism." Anything you say nowadays is racist. Believe me when I tell you if I'm being racist, it'll be obvious. When Bush was in office I thought he was a piece of shit. I still do. Now Obama is in office, I think he's a piece of shit. But when I complained about Bush, people agreed. Now if I complain about the new guy, I'm racist. And now even if you say "soccer" it can be perceived as racist. I shit you not, in high school PE I said "soccer" for whatever reason and these two 500 lb whales started "educating" me in broken English that I was being racist because of the local connotation of Mexicans and soccer (true, some even call it "beaner ball" <---an actual racist remark). Go anywhere in California and use the word "Mexican" in a sentence even as in: Hey, are you Mexican? People get fucking leery when that word is brought up for some reason. It goes on to other races too, my favorite being that of blacks in America. The correct term for blacks for some reason in America is "African American." That's fine, if you're actually African American. The term means that a.) you're of African descent and b.) you're of American nationality (or at least citizenship). Calling every black an African American disregards the fact that black people come from other places than Africa (as well as there being some whites there too) and that they don't have to live in America. A Jamaican brought up in the UK would be called an African American because of political correctness. Asians aren't excluded either. In high school, we had a rally that was China-themed for the Chinese New Year. Nothing wrong with that, but everybody threw a fucking fit because it was just too damn racist for them to handle. None of the Asians even cared. Just recently there was an Asian-themed frat party at Duke, and a Mexican-themed one on a different campus some time before. Everybody lost their fucking shit. No one could look at it and not be offended for some reason.

Most of this didn't have to do with loofy's post, I'm just weird.

And people, I'm an American. I'm not attacking America. I just loathe all this political correctness. It's not even indigenous here. For reasons I can't understand, everybody just decided to copy other countries.
February 9, 2013 @ 03:55 AM
Fitch

I think Americans are offended more easily than a lot of other countries e.g. You're one of the only countries that can't say f*** or have t*** on tv on your main channels. In the uk we get program's full of d**** at 8pm
Fixed! smile No, just kidding. In our defense though, I'll happily take this over the Middle Eastern countries. In the UAE, there was even a push to ban "binaural beats." I'm not even making that up.
February 9, 2013 @ 04:31 AM
AndreLutherKing

People try so hard not to "offend" others and call it being politically correct. If I say the word nigga in a public place people trip out and I'm black. You can't say Christmas at schools nowadays cause people who celebrate other holidays will feel excluded. You can't say bless you when someone sneeze cause not everyone believes in god. Basically you can't do shit cause people try so hard to be politically correct. If people were as desensitized to that type of speech as they are to Murder and Sex then the world would be a better place

Chicks barely dancin, glancin every chance they get, like - oh shit, he's so HANSUM

Please login first to reply.