FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
January 31, 2013 @ 04:33 PM
dmwalking

What characteristics define an alpha male in your opinion?

I'm thinking everyone has different ideas of what makes an alpha male.  I'd like to see everyone's opinion.

Last name Ever, first name Worst Mod

January 31, 2013 @ 05:16 PM
totalespionage

The most dominant (male) animal in a heard. Don't know how it got so popular with niggas online though.
January 31, 2013 @ 05:20 PM
sugoi

If you gotta ask you beta

"So high on this level of author, I could fall off farther than Felix Baumgartner & still be smarter" - Lupe Fiasco

January 31, 2013 @ 05:26 PM
dmwalking

If you lack reading comprehension, you're beta.  I'm asking what others think. I already know what I think.  Cute try though. smile

January 31, 2013 @ 05:33 PM
dmwalking

Nah but on the real tho, the alpha male to be is the one that establishes himself as the leader, as the dominant one, as the BOSS(ROSS!) basically.

For examples you can look at Kobe Bryant. No one can tell dat nigga shit on the Lakers. He runs the team without question and he will make sure all his teamates are aware of that.

I kind of attach negative terms to it also tho, such as being aggressive and inconsiderate. Like can alpha males be "nice guys" for the lack of a better term? Can they impose "calm dominance"? Do they always have to be in the forefront or can they let themselves fall back? Can they "luv dem hoes"?

Like Ceasar and Malcolm X were alpha males no doubt, but were Jesus and MLK too? Uhmmm. #ThingsToPonderAboutOnHB
Good question.   And that's why I asked how others view the whole "alpha male" thing. 

January 31, 2013 @ 05:35 PM
dmwalking

I dun think DM is alpha IRL personally but dats whole other discussion

LMAO. I do a good job of keeping my personal life off of the boards.  smile

January 31, 2013 @ 05:42 PM
dmwalking

The most dominant (male) animal in a heard. Don't know how it got so popular with niggas online though.

This is closer to my line of thinking. But the whole "alpha" slang term doesn't seem to fall in line with this.  In real life, sometimes you're the alpha, and sometimes you're not.  In my own group I'll be the alpha.  In someone else's group I'm new to, I'm the new guy so I'm not the alpha.  When I'm at work, in my team, I'm the alpha. When we meet with the CEO, I'm no longer the alpha.  

But I think that the alpha craze is more about characteristics more than being a leader because a lot of self proclaimed alpha males are compliant and subservient as hell. 

January 31, 2013 @ 06:04 PM
Pantic

This is what i've been saying. It's especially popular online when the topic is either bodybuilding or getting bitches. I just imagine these greasy lil nerds trying to pretend they are the shit outside their online life every time i read someone using the term.
January 31, 2013 @ 06:17 PM
rbbnz

me                     .
January 31, 2013 @ 06:30 PM
truuuchainz

never seen anyone IRL refer to themselves as an alpha so outside of discussion boards this term doesn't even exist unless you're in a sciences class. no such thing as being an alpha in the human world alphas are just people that go and get what they want not sit around.
January 31, 2013 @ 06:35 PM
totalespionage

This is what i've been saying. It's especially popular online when the topic is either bodybuilding or getting bitches. I just imagine these greasy lil nerds trying to pretend they are the shit outside their online life every time i read someone using the term.
true but most dudes who claim to be Alpha are only using that term in a one dimensional way. Either for getting bitches (usually this) or bulking up (usually for the roid heads). You will never hear a nigga say "Im alpha because I just helped build a new school around my way" or "Im alpha because I created a new technology to find cancer in it's early stages". It's always about being the man and shitting on and one-upping the next guy by either fucking more bitches then him or being more buff then him. 
January 31, 2013 @ 06:47 PM
Kilog

Humans are animals, it literally means the same thing as being an alpha male in a pack. Think of the alpha lion. He is the leader, he is the most physically fit, he gets females whenever he wants, and he is what the other males aspire to be. Means the same thing when referring to people.
January 31, 2013 @ 06:49 PM
damus

An alpha male is someone who doesn't browse this site.
January 31, 2013 @ 07:19 PM
totalespionage

Humans are animals, it literally means the same thing as being an alpha male in a pack. Think of the alpha lion. He is the leader, he is the most physically fit, he gets females whenever he wants, and he is what the other males aspire to be. Means the same thing when referring to people.
Nah. I don't know about you, but there is no other man I aspire to be. Not even my dad.
January 31, 2013 @ 07:33 PM
dvzr0

you mean alpha wolf? lion prides already only have one male and the rest are females. 

alpha just means you're the leader. the number one. it does have negative connotations because it implies you have a big ego and can't give up control of anything. but i think the appeal of being alpha outweighs that. 
January 31, 2013 @ 07:50 PM
Kilog

^ no I meant lion (even though wolfs are a good example). As in only a lion that is alpha would be able to have and maintain a pride. Lions that are not either die or hunt for themselves.
January 31, 2013 @ 08:29 PM
hbmod

Nah. I don't know about you, but there is no other man I aspire to be. Not even my dad.
you dress like him tho
January 31, 2013 @ 08:33 PM
dmwalking

An alpha male is someone who doesn't browse this site.

That self inflicted ether.  

January 31, 2013 @ 08:35 PM
dmwalking

Would you say that this is based on which crowd the person is in?  Cuz, I mean, Zyzz is cool, but I'm not sure if a guy like Bill Gates aspires to be like him.   And I'm guessing Rick Ross is a leader, but he's not physically fit.

January 31, 2013 @ 08:46 PM
hooper

Someone who doesn't ask "what is an alpha male?" on the internet.
January 31, 2013 @ 08:58 PM
WPGMB

I think it started with misc fags
January 31, 2013 @ 09:01 PM
dmwalking

Someone who doesn't ask "what is an alpha male?" on the internet.

More like someone who doesn't repeat the same lame attempt at an insult.  I can tell who the lurkers are on HB. Always imitating old HB ether methods.  Never pulling it off properly.  confused

January 31, 2013 @ 09:17 PM
totalespionage

you dress like him tho
January 31, 2013 @ 09:20 PM
(G)TRAP

suspended

Nah but on the real tho, the alpha male to be is the one that establishes himself as the leader, as the dominant one, as the BOSS(ROSS!) basically.

For examples you can look at Kobe Bryant. No one can tell dat nigga shit on the Lakers. He runs the team without question and he will make sure all his teamates are aware of that.

I kind of attach negative terms to it also tho, such as being aggressive and inconsiderate. Like can alpha males be "nice guys" for the lack of a better term? Can they impose "calm dominance"? Do they always have to be in the forefront or can they let themselves fall back? Can they "luv dem hoes"?

Like Ceasar and Malcolm X were alpha males no doubt, but were Jesus and MLK too? Uhmmm. #ThingsToPonderAboutOnHB
kobe rape a bitch he is a betta nigga
January 31, 2013 @ 10:07 PM
iggyhaxor

If you lack reading comprehension, you're beta.  I'm asking what others think. I already know what I think.  Cute try though.
defending yourself = beta

you beta son
January 31, 2013 @ 11:09 PM
popeyes

if you ask your mom about how i manhandled her asshole, she will tell you a story about an alpha male.

john lamone is a fag. boland is a fag.

January 31, 2013 @ 11:17 PM
kbos

The alpha male is by definition the HNIC, the leader, the head of the pack in the animal kingdom.

From what I can see, humans on the internet talking about how alpha they are, tend to be emotionally and often physically frail high school kids who pride their self esteem on material things and having sex with easy, mediocre bitches, who also have low self esteem. Humans in real life talking about how alpha male they are, tend to be meat heads, those who go to the gym not because its a good thing to do for your body, but for self esteem issues, in other words the sake of creating a tough exterior to hide mental and emotional frailness.

Looking at who is an alpha male realistically, I agree with whoever said different people are alpha in different situations, I think any of us who are successfully social and/or intellectual have been in the position of alpha male at various times.

I think there are things that come above being alpha in the human realm though, I believe enlightenment > alpha lifestyle. But you'll never hear kids on the internet talk about how cool prospering in positive energy is, when you are 15 it is just not as cool as fucking bitches having expensive things.
February 1, 2013 @ 12:00 AM
No Fuxx Given

Alpha males are those who lead by example. They serve as role models bc of how fucking alpha they are you feel me? Just like in the animal kingdom everybody wants to be an alpha but nobody wants to be an ALPHA. Niggas that self proclaim their alpha-ness are frauds. The only way you can truly judge if someone is alpha is if, after observing their lives, you can say "damn that nigga is better than me, I want to be on his level" 

Fly on little wing

February 1, 2013 @ 12:09 AM
dougiedrew

kobe rape a bitch he is a betta nigga
shit, raping a bitch is alpha as fuck if anything. u dont think alpha wolves and lion pride leaders dont force their penile onto/into their female counterparts?
You couldn't be further from the truth, rape is the last resort used by some undesirable males to pass on their genes.
February 1, 2013 @ 12:28 AM
ThaGoldenBoy

The alpha male is by definition the HNIC, the leader, the head of the pack in the animal kingdom.

From what I can see, humans on the internet talking about how alpha they are, tend to be emotionally and often physically frail high school kids who pride their self esteem on material things and having sex with easy, mediocre bitches, who also have low self esteem. Humans in real life talking about how alpha male they are, tend to be meat heads, those who go to the gym not because its a good thing to do for your body, but for self esteem issues, in other words the sake of creating a tough exterior to hide mental and emotional frailness.

Looking at who is an alpha male realistically, I agree with whoever said different people are alpha in different situations, I think any of us who are successfully social and/or intellectual have been in the position of alpha male at various times.

I think there are things that come above being alpha in the human realm though, I believe enlightenment > alpha lifestyle. But you'll never hear kids on the internet talk about how cool prospering in positive energy is, when you are 15 it is just not as cool as fucking bitches having expensive things.
Dropped the knowledge nicely

Please login first to reply.