*stealing this idea from KANYETOTHE Forum (copied & pasted) *
This is the DIY thread
Our goal is to inspire each other creatively and do what the designers aren't doing
DIY stands for "Do It Yourself" if anyone doesn't know
Post and Discuss clothing and accessories that you can make / alter / color / sew / rip / etc. yourself
IMPORTANT TIP: USE A LOT OF PICTURES AND VIDEO. IT DRAWS ATTENTION TO YOUR POST AND ENCOURAGES IDEAS MORE THAN PLAIN TEXT
1. Be curtious and open to other people's thoughts This is DIY so the opinions on clothing will be different for each person
2. Do your research to help each other Includes things you've tried, things you've seen, YouTube videos
3. Try to be clear and descriptive with how you want to alter your clothing,Use Pictures if you can.
4. STAY ON TOPIC We don't want another "What Did You Wear Today" incident
share some cool shit you guys are working on or plan to work on.
saw this in the other thread
Kanye's Ombre Denim Shirt DIY (DIP DYE)
DIY Kanye Faded Denim Shirt
Supplies: Shirt from H&M, Brilliant Blue iDye, Navy blue fabric dye and plastic gloves (bucket optional)
I just used my sink, but you can use a bucket for easier clean up.
1. First dissolve the Brilliant Blue in a full sink of water.
2. Next dip half your denim shirt into the dye, making sure you have a straight line across the chest. Let the shirt soak in the dye for 10 minutes.
4. Let dry. If you are unhappy with the color, re-dye.
5. Next fill up your sink with water and dissolve the navy blue dye.
6. Dip half of the area you already dyed into the navy blue, and let sit for 10 min.
7. Let dry.