Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 23, 2013 @ 02:59 AM

*stealing this idea from KANYETOTHE Forum (copied & pasted) *

This is the DIY thread

Our goal is to inspire each other creatively and do what the designers aren't doing

DIY stands for "Do It Yourself" if anyone doesn't know

Post and Discuss clothing and accessories that you can make  / alter / color / sew / rip / etc. yourself 
IMPORTANT TIP: USE A LOT OF PICTURES AND VIDEO. IT DRAWS ATTENTION TO YOUR POST AND ENCOURAGES IDEAS MORE THAN PLAIN TEXT

Rules: 

1. Be curtious and open to other people's thoughts This is DIY so the opinions on clothing will be different for each person 
2. Do your research to help each other  Includes things you've tried, things you've seen, YouTube videos 
3. Try to be clear and descriptive with how you want to alter your clothing,Use Pictures if you can.
4. STAY ON TOPIC We don't want another "What Did You Wear Today" incident 

share some cool shit you guys are working on or plan to work on. 
saw this in the other thread 

Kanye's Ombre Denim Shirt DIY (DIP DYE)  

DIY Kanye Faded Denim Shirt

Supplies: Shirt from H&M, Brilliant Blue iDye, Navy blue fabric dye and plastic gloves (bucket optional)

I just used my sink, but you can use a bucket for easier clean up.

1. First dissolve the Brilliant Blue in a full sink of water.

2. Next dip half your denim shirt into the dye, making sure you have a straight line across the chest. Let the shirt soak in the dye for 10 minutes.

4. Let dry. If you are unhappy with the color, re-dye.

5. Next fill up your sink with water and dissolve the navy blue dye.

6. Dip half of the area you already dyed into the navy blue, and let sit for 10 min.

7. Let dry.

Finished product:

http://www.ispydiy.com/2011/09/my-diy-kanye-ombre-denim-skirt.html

Please login first to reply.