FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
January 21, 2013 @ 10:16 PM
No Fuxx Given

I'm a high school senior preparing to go to college this Fall. I got accepted to a couple universities and that was cool and shit but now I'm faced with the problem of actually paying for this education. My mind is set on furthering my schooling but I've hit a fork in the road and idk which path to take. Let me walk yall through it and give me any advice you got to offer fam.

Path A: Go to an expensive school (Temple) to study Business. From what I hear the business program is pretty good for this type of school. With all the aid already calculated I would still have to borrow around 20k/yr which would land me a grand total of 80k after getting my bachelor's. 80-fucking-K 

Path B: Go to less expensive state school to study business. Obviously the program won't be as good but I would save a shitload of money...I'd expect having a total of less than 30k debt. 

Regardless of the route I end up taking I still plan on getting an MBA. 

Why does it gotta be so fucking expensive for a young nigga to get money.... Shit is ridiculous... Anyway, thanks for the help fam.

Fly on little wing

January 21, 2013 @ 10:19 PM
tmwtg

What schools did you get into?

I'll let you know if they're decent for recruiting, which is crucial if you want to get into Finance/Business.
January 21, 2013 @ 10:28 PM
slammedb5

look around for grants and scholarships you wouldn't have to pay back. I took option b and still have like 25k in debt and i have been out of school for 2 years.
January 21, 2013 @ 10:30 PM
PERFECT WHITE MALE

college is a scam
January 21, 2013 @ 10:30 PM
No Fuxx Given

Got into Temple, Penn State, Bloomsburg, & West Chester.. I'm also still waiting for some decisions.

Fly on little wing

January 21, 2013 @ 10:33 PM
nat turner

That's expensive as a mug. Look for some scholarships. You must come from a rich fam already and that's cool. If you really bout saving, do community college for your basics/general classes and transfer. Just make sure the college u gon go to accepts the credits.

http://pureandgood.tumblr.com/ IG: thevictoryspeech

January 21, 2013 @ 10:36 PM
Kilog

If you can't get scholarships then a state school would be the best option. Unless the expensive school you get into is very elite than getting almost 100,000 in student loans is not worth it.
January 21, 2013 @ 10:40 PM
shnoosetheboose

Problem with a business degree is unless you have high-up connections, it takes time to be making good money, so it'll take awhile to be able to pay back that big of a loan. But if you were able to get into those schools, you should be smart enough to pull some scholarships in. Apply for as many grants as you can, too. Parents not
January 21, 2013 @ 10:40 PM
Teal.

Join the military they pay for your college plus put money in your pocket. That what i'm doing cool
January 21, 2013 @ 11:01 PM
NZOO

Having loans exceeding 40k isn't worth it unless you really just going there for the name.

Don't badmind me.

January 21, 2013 @ 11:17 PM
slap

Ask yourself, in the long run,
1. At the "better" school, will my application to a MBA program be more competitive?
2. Will I be able to find a job easier?

All and all, is the extra 50k investment worth the possibly better experience, better job outlook, and better job security?

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

January 21, 2013 @ 11:27 PM
oneallah

its not worth it, you gotta pay it back eventually and if you dont they lock your ass up and take everything away,
better off working your ass off and selling all the kicks you got to pay the college bills
January 21, 2013 @ 11:31 PM
Jamie Dimon

Go to Penn State. I'm pretty sure Smeal is higher ranked. Penn probably got better parties and alumni all over the country. 

If you're a Finance major, Temple isn't a target school for the bulge bracket
If you're an Accounting major, Temple again isn't a target for the Big 4

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

January 22, 2013 @ 01:20 AM
chief

That's expensive as a mug. Look for some scholarships. You must come from a rich fam already and that's cool. If you really bout saving, do community college for your basics/general classes and transfer. Just make sure the college u gon go to accepts the credits.

this absolutely. this is the route I took and will be done this May. Community college was hell for two years because I desperately wanted to get out of my hometown, but thankfully they had a soccer team that kept me occupied. Sure it'll suck, but get a job or find a club or activity to keep yourself busy until you get those general education classes out of the way

•••

Please login first to reply.