Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 19, 2013 @ 10:56 AM
royda510

I was wondering if anybody in this forum has smoked or smokes e-cigs?
I have been smoke-free for about 6 months now, but of course there are the occasional cravings.
Usually when I get a craving, I just fight it off trying to get my mind on other things not wanting to break my streak, but recently I decided to try e-cigs out after talking to a friend about them. 

The first one I tried was a Blu disposable ($10) which I purchased from Walgreens. It says that one disposable is the equivalent to a pack and a half. 

After giving it a go, at first I was not a big fan of it because the flavor (menthol) tasted nothing like menthol at all. It tasted more like coffee. Also, when I used to smoke, I smoked bold and harsh cigarettes (Reds and Perique AS). With the e-cig, it didn't deliver any harshness at all. I know that it is water vapor that is coming out, but you would think that companies would somehow create these items to deliver an authentic feel. 

Aside from the cons, the things that did impress me were the satisfied feelings that I got from the nicotine. After 5 minutes of giving it a go, my cravings were satisfied. The second thing that I liked was the fact that I could smoke this anywhere I wanted without any sort of scent being released in the air. Once you exhale, the vapor dissipates in the air leaving ZERO scent. I liked that a lot.

My overall first experience with an e-cig was not bad, but it could have been better. I would rate the Blu disposable a 6/10.

If any of you have any similar experiences I would like to read them.

Thanks. 
January 19, 2013 @ 04:46 PM
paulywalnuts

sounds gay as shit
can't believe you typed all that 

either smoke, or don't....or be on the patch or the gum...but don't be one of those herbs that looks like they're sucking on a pen and blowing out water vapor smh...

i master bait from time to time///wtb supreme/rust-oleum

January 19, 2013 @ 05:28 PM
kr00kd

^ I like most of your posts but that one was retarded 

E Cigs are dope if you get a good one. I've been vaping my provari for over a year now and haven't smoked a cigarette. If you get a good E Cig + good liquid the experience can be very good. And everyone of my friends that smokes cigs tell me they wish they had the money for an E Cig because it's way better. 

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/166901/

January 19, 2013 @ 05:33 PM
Peanut-gallery

I dont get it, you went six months clean then you go to those??? at least get the ones with absolutely no nicotine or your just cheating, if thats the correct word for it... I understand you get cravings as im a smoker myself but going six months with nothing is a accomplishment in itself... shouldn't have succumbed to those at all bro, chew gum or get the ones with no nicotine.
January 19, 2013 @ 05:40 PM
westpittsburg

I tried them for a week. Went back to real stooges after. It just ain't the same.
January 19, 2013 @ 05:50 PM
REVS

Tried the blu. It fucking sucked dick. Decided to sack up and just quit all around. 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

January 19, 2013 @ 08:55 PM
paulywalnuts

E Cigs are dope if you get a good one. I've been vaping my provari for over a year now and haven't smoked a cigarette. If you get a good E Cig + good liquid the experience can be very good. And everyone of my friends that smokes cigs tell me they wish they had the money for an E Cig because it's way better. 
lol ok...they wish they had the money for an e cig?  how expensive are these things?  can't be too much more than the cost of a carton...i mean if you can afford $7 a pack then you can afford an e-cig im guessing....

January 19, 2013 @ 09:13 PM
royda510

I dont get it, you went six months clean then you go to those??? at least get the ones with absolutely no nicotine or your just cheating, if thats the correct word for it... I understand you get cravings as im a smoker myself but going six months with nothing is a accomplishment in itself... shouldn't have succumbed to those at all bro, chew gum or get the ones with no nicotine.

January 19, 2013 @ 09:15 PM
royda510

(Sorry, posted incorrectly)

@Peanut-gallery: Since you are a smoker, you would know that both patches and gum contain nicotine. For the patch the nicotine is sent through your skin, and ingested when using gum. Since that is the case, I don't consider it cheating putting nicotine into my body. I would consider it cheating if I smoked something with carcinogens. 
January 19, 2013 @ 10:56 PM
Peanut-gallery

Yea I know. I meant regular gum dude. The way I look at it is that you went six months without anything right? Why give in for something thats basically just a tease. Best of luck to you anyhow.
January 20, 2013 @ 06:29 AM
DarianaGrande

I want to quit smoking and thought about buying some before, but the people I see around with E-cigs look like faggots. 

http://soundcloud.com/anonymousnigger

January 20, 2013 @ 06:55 AM
kr00kd

lol ok...they wish they had the money for an e cig?  how expensive are these things?  can't be too much more than the cost of a carton...i mean if you can afford $7 a pack then you can afford an e-cig im guessing....
Nah B thats where most people fuck up. A good E cig costs money, but just as with everything else - you get what you pay for. They get those gas station special 15 or 20$ things that fucking suck. 

My pro vari costs ~200 depending on exactly how you have it made. I know your thinking ZOMGZ 200$ for an E Cig? 

Well I havent smoked a cig in a year. Pack a day x 365 days... you do the math. 

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/166901/

January 20, 2013 @ 12:23 PM
cuh

Nah B thats where most people fuck up. A good E cig costs money, but just as with everything else - you get what you pay for. They get those gas station special 15 or 20$ things that fucking suck. 

My pro vari costs ~200 depending on exactly how you have it made. I know your thinking ZOMGZ 200$ for an E Cig? 

you saying a good e cig cost money. ur wrong. look up ego twists. 24 bucks. this shit aint help u quit when u got a job tho. but its coo to smoke when u at home
January 20, 2013 @ 04:24 PM
westpittsburg

You know what, the last time I tried one I had purchased from a gas station. Which is probably why I had a horrible experience with it. But I'm definitely willing to try again! What's a good brand, I've heard good things about the V2 and not so much good reviews on the BLU.
January 20, 2013 @ 04:59 PM
zyezye

ive had my fair share of e cigs, the cheap ones don't cut it, you just want to throw it away after a couple of hoots. its the expensive ones with the good liquids that help, tried my homegirls Magma E cig, MAJOR difference.

if you're planing to quit what helped me out was getting a hookah. its just tobacco at its purest form if you want the buzz every now and then and no fucking chemicals and additives. and I havent smoked a cig in 3 years
January 21, 2013 @ 12:48 AM
westpittsburg

Just ordered the v2 starter kit. With the sampler as well. I'll let u know how it is
January 21, 2013 @ 01:09 AM
insanoflex

I just see them as another thing to get addicted to thats not a cigarette. If one really wants to quit they won't need an ecig, people been quitting smoking without em. I prefer actual tobacco tho.

I like ya booty but I'm not gay.

January 21, 2013 @ 01:42 AM
KevinsThatDude

The v2 helped me get off regular cigarettes but wasn't satisfying enough. I suggest whoever wants to start to get an
e-Go starter kit with some liquid.
January 21, 2013 @ 02:06 AM
Johnny Utah

Tried BLU, but it didn't satisfy my cravings. And I'm not about to dish out some guap for a high quality one. I'll just stick to my 5 looseys a day from the corner bodega. Just copped one now actually. 
January 25, 2013 @ 12:19 AM
ramenboi

E-cigs are cool. I bought a hookah type e-cig last week for 8 bucks. it was a disposable kind. pretty good but not a lot of smoke from it of course.
January 25, 2013 @ 12:50 AM
Trill O'Reilly

I tried both the menthol and regular BLU, and both are terrible. I want to try the V2 since I've seen the positive reviews on it.
January 25, 2013 @ 12:55 AM
iLoveBreast

i smoked almost a pack a day, shit was bad. so this kid in my dorm showed me this Hawaiian e cig, shit got me off of it for a while, but when i bought my own I was able to quit. Went from 24mg of nicotine to 16 from the liquid.  finally quit this new years.
I hate smoking it cuz it does make you look like a tool, but rather not pay 10.00 for a pack of newports over here.
January 25, 2013 @ 04:38 AM
paulywalnuts

it's not too much.... but, it's too much for a CHANCE...as in there is a good chance (i assume) that i won't like it...or one won't like it...anyways, to each his own...you quit, good for you...i have successfully cut down to 1-2 a day over the past year or so...i can go all day but before i go to sleep i still gotta go have one                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

January 25, 2013 @ 06:57 PM
DJ Ant

check out Vapure's Lavatube or Lambo. I prefer the mini because it can fit in your pocket. The e-juice comes in 3 levels of nicotine doses: 24, 11, and 0mg. You can use it to satisfy your crave or decrease dosage to 0mg. All for under $100.
May 22, 2013 @ 01:16 PM
omar.

I'm trying to sell my Provari for a new ecig since I'm trying to get into mechanical mods so if anyone is interested in a GOOD vape hmu.
May 22, 2013 @ 09:53 PM
KwanzaJuice

just buy a trippy stick

"if God made somthin bretter than pussy he keepin it fo himself" - Mike Tyson

May 22, 2013 @ 10:03 PM
Hellah Fresh

Allot of people here are o it now. It helped out a few homies who was smoking cigs on a regular. 

Please login first to reply.