Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 19, 2013 @ 05:42 AM
M.

I'm planning to EDC this year since the tickets went on sale a week or so ago. I just wanna know if it's really worth the $320+ the expenses for food, hotel, etc. and driving all the way to Vegas from LA. I've never been to a big festival so I would like some opinions since I know there is some people on HB that like EDM. 

muhstakes.tumblr.com

January 19, 2013 @ 05:44 AM
backlikethat

http://www.edc.org/
January 19, 2013 @ 06:42 AM
SmoothCriminal

I've been to a lot of raves and EDM shows and I've been to a few festivals on the East coast, which were fucking AMAZING! Festivals just have incredibly good vibes. I would love to go to EDC if I had the money, I say if you have it go for it. You'll need a lot of spending money, especially because it's Vegas. You're guaranteed to have a good time. There are a definitely a lot more festivals worth checking out around LA if you're into EDM also like Beyond Wonderland .
January 19, 2013 @ 06:57 AM
z33Supreme

venetian has a deal. 900 for 3 nights, bus back and forth to edc, food, and covers air fare. just split it with friends,
im going! 

Wylin' Cuz I'm Young.

January 19, 2013 @ 07:52 AM
M.

Thanks, looks like I'm definitely going. Also, do I expect to get much sleep that weekend as I heard EDC ends till 5 in the morning, all three nights. 

muhstakes.tumblr.com

January 19, 2013 @ 08:08 AM
M.

I've been to a lot of raves and EDM shows and I've been to a few festivals on the East coast, which were fucking AMAZING! Festivals just have incredibly good vibes. I would love to go to EDC if I had the money, I say if you have it go for it. You'll need a lot of spending money, especially because it's Vegas. You're guaranteed to have a good time. There are a definitely a lot more festivals worth checking out around LA if you're into EDM also like Beyond Wonderland .
Yeah I know about Beyond, I just don't bother going as there's only a couple of artist I look forward too. As for EDC, all the big names are there, Afrojack, Sander Van Doorn, Tiesto, etc. I just want my first time going to an actual festival to be big. 

muhstakes.tumblr.com

January 19, 2013 @ 08:15 AM
jeffori

It depends how into the music you are, and who you're going with. Quite honestly, I think it's stupid as hell whenever people pop 10 pills or blaze up like crazy before events like this, because they're basically spending $500+ to act retarded in a sea of people.

I actually like remembering the events I go to, and if you're like an area like me (Norcal) where theres a lot of EDM lovers, it's better going with big groups.

I've been to POP: The Dream, and various single artist shows (Swedish House Mafia, Tiesto, ect), and they've all got their own twists to it. I think the main draw for EDC is that fact it's in Vegas, and with the idea of roadtripping with a bunch of friends and going out at night down the strip and whatnot adds to the appeal.

I would go, but money is kind of tight. Just try to make the most of it if you're trying to go, everyone is really happy and positive most of the time, but I have run into a few dicks just because I accidentally bumped into them dancing or trying to get through to get closer to the stage..
January 19, 2013 @ 08:27 AM
M.

Yeah I totally get you about the poppin' pills shit. It's kinda of a bummer to see people  waste all that money to hardly remember when they're sober. But whatever makes them happy I guess. 

Money wise, around how much do you see one spending the whole weekend, well at least in Vegas?

muhstakes.tumblr.com

January 19, 2013 @ 08:37 AM
beathead

Just go. It's the west coast version of Ultra Music Festival. Considering that you're from LA, it doesn't get bigger than EDC as all other EDM events (Nocturnal, Escape, White Wonderland, and OMG) does not have the selection nor amount of days. If you have the money, def do it. As mentioned, it's a much positive and happier environment (hardly any fights nor rachet shit). Folks are friendlier. If you're in need of a drink in a crowd, just ask.. most of the time, they'll give you some water. If you want to take a hit, they'll pass. If you drop and you're in need of some menthols/vicks.. they'll share. Get a group together and just do it.
January 19, 2013 @ 08:46 AM
M.

I'm definitely going now, I was a little indecisive as whether to go. I know I would/will have fun, it was just a matter of opinions of whether to drive all the way over there and see how much money I'll be wasting. Thanks for the helpful answers. smile

muhstakes.tumblr.com

January 19, 2013 @ 11:40 AM
jeffori

Money wise, around how much do you see one spending the whole weekend, well at least in Vegas?
Driving (LA to Vegas) = about 4 hours, 265 miles..a round trip (530 miles) would probably be around 200 presuming you don't drive a car with shitty fuel economy, but thats why you carpool with people to offset the costs (200 split by 5 people = only 40 bucks round trip, ect)..thats why the bigger the group the better.

Food = depends on how much you wanna eat out and/or how much food you bring yourselves. Last rave I went to, we brought a bitch load of cereal and snacks and water bottles so we were able to not get as hungry as much, my group of 5 only spent like 100 each for a weekend in food.

Of course since it's Vegas, it's very very VERY unlikely you're not going to want to spend money. The city THRIVES off of shopping and tourism, so theres going to be money traps everywhere. 

I would imagine, with your ticket (320), your gas share (lets say 40), food money (100), and extra pocket money/emergency money (100), you're looking at about $580 MINIMUM. I try to save as much money anyway I can because I know I spend a lot in Vegas.

Thats a lot of money up front, but EDC isn't until the summer so you have a lot of time to get $$ till then.
January 19, 2013 @ 05:26 PM
dmwalking

Came thinking this was going to be about every day carry.  

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

January 19, 2013 @ 06:04 PM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

thought this was gonna be about edison chen

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/217784 http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/206983

Please login first to reply.