Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
January 11, 2013 @ 06:05 AM
caseem

anyone partake in scotch and/or whiskey drinking?

recently got on that train. balvenie has been good to me. you? 
January 11, 2013 @ 06:14 AM
nomoikway

40 mins of shit

no whammy no whammy

January 11, 2013 @ 06:17 AM
caseem

what??????????
January 11, 2013 @ 06:18 AM
RawShack

shit is whack what is this camera phone unprofessional thing is this.
January 11, 2013 @ 06:49 AM
feelings

I've always liked dewars. 
January 11, 2013 @ 07:48 AM
backlikethat

This is HB where the avg. age is like 16.
January 11, 2013 @ 08:16 AM
GoRubio

Been drinking scotch.
I mostly like speyside scotchs: Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, Balvenie, Macallan, etc.
If you like Balvenie, I suggest Oban.
Yamazaki 12 yr. from Japan is my shit doe. It's not technically a Scotch, but shit is delicious.
January 11, 2013 @ 12:25 PM
99%Shit

Only stuff I fuck with. Hit or miss though, I don't think they have their own distillery. Give it a shot, if you get a good bottle, it's on par with some twice its price.

narsha.narsha.narsha

January 11, 2013 @ 02:05 PM
chiptharip

jameson.        
January 11, 2013 @ 02:58 PM
unknown force

i only fuck with jack daniels

picked up a bottle of the honey flavor haven't tried gentlemans jack

i use them for cooking too :>
January 11, 2013 @ 03:24 PM
Kilog

I used to drink every night. Glenlivet scotch and black label jim beam. I also liked there small batch, single barrel bourbon like bookers.

They vary from 120 to 130 proof. Mine was like 128 cool
January 11, 2013 @ 03:33 PM
Brian@ONLY

scotch/whiskey/bourbon is an acquired taste, it usually comes with age because as you get older you begin to appreciate it.

my theory is that when you're young you'll drink anything that gets you nice.  catching stoops only with 40s, cheap and lets you drink volume, up in the club drinking those sweet drinks (vodka cran, gin tonic, redbull vodka, etc).  

i found that as I've gotten older, I moved away from pounding beers and drinking less sugary drinks.  

when you reach a point in your life where you are making good money and you appreciate good things, especially when it comes to alcohol, whiskey/scotch/bourbon come into play.  For me the reasons are different, i'd rather spend more money on better liquor that I drink slower in less amounts that gets me just as if not more fucked up then drinking all night.  Usually, the precursor to this is taking shots of jamesons, then moving onto jamesons neat with the occassional jamesons and gingerale.  When you get to the point where you are drinking Scotch/Whiskey on ice or neat, you realize the taste factor.  Single Malt, Aged, Multi-blends, etc.  

My current rotation daily
Glenlivet 12
Bowmore 12
Johnny Black Double Barrell
Old Parr

Special occassions (New Years Eve - image below)
Basil Bourbon 
Glenlivet 18
Johnny Blue 

A bit of education when it comes to Johnny Blue.  Johnny Walker has a wide range of years for their barrels/labels, everyone knows it by Red, Green, Black, Gold, etc etc.  Each labele/barrel has x-amount of years associated with it.  Johnny Blue isn't something that has aged for 40 years, Blue is what Johnny Walker coined as a 'BLEND' of all years.  

January 11, 2013 @ 03:48 PM
99%Shit

Oh yeah, totally forgot about Jameson, was on a Scotch wavelength. Jamie and 'spro is classic, also with a wee bit of ice is nice. I have Gibson's Gold when I visit my mum.

For the most part I stick with Tanqueray and Martini(or Noilly Pratt) with a twist of lemon for my drink of choice these days.

narsha.narsha.narsha

January 11, 2013 @ 04:49 PM
caseem

I've bought quite a few bottles - never the same kind twice yet just to try out different ones. currently have balvenie single malt 12 and bowmore single malt 12 in rotation but I dont know how I feel about the Bowmore, unless I got a bad batch, but it kind of tastes like an alcohol swab with no flavour. 

I'm definitely keeping my eyes peeled for new ones, including some of the suggestions you guys are throwing out. I've bought balvanie, bowmore, glenfiddich, glenlivet and aberlour so far. about time for a new one.
January 11, 2013 @ 04:53 PM
dmwalking

My boy was stationed in Kentucky and got me into bourbon.  Also, I've always been a budget minded drinker.  I determine my mood.  Am I trying to get drunk? Or am I trying to get a nice mellow buzz?  Am I celebrating?

If I'm just trying to get drunk, there's no reason for me to guzzle the good stuff.  So I stick to bottom shelf stuff like Evan Williams.  Dirt cheap, but not bad as far as flavor goes, it's pretty decent. I don't dig sour mash though.  

Now, I don't go tossing $100's on liquor so I don't have a ton of experience, but so far, the best bourbons I've had have been Blanton's single barrel 

and 

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

January 11, 2013 @ 04:56 PM
dmwalking

I love this video.  It definitely makes me want to get a nosing glass and try some of the finer scotches. 

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

January 11, 2013 @ 05:06 PM
(G)TRAP

suspended

lol all those shit taste the same to me
January 11, 2013 @ 05:10 PM
ACTiON FUNKENSTEiN

90% of the time if I'm drinking liquor it will be whiskey.  Used to drink Jack and Jim when I was younger but I can't stand that shit nowadays.  Usually stick with Jameson, myself.  My friend likes to drink Tullamore Dew.  Its a little more expensive than Jameson, but its a lot better.
January 11, 2013 @ 06:25 PM
chief

rage & rapin'

•••

January 11, 2013 @ 07:00 PM
99%Shit

My boy was stationed in Kentucky and got me into bourbon.  Also, I've always been a budget minded drinker.  I determine my mood.  Am I trying to get drunk? Or am I trying to get a nice mellow buzz?  Am I celebrating?

If I'm just trying to get drunk, there's no reason for me to guzzle the good stuff.  So I stick to bottom shelf stuff like Evan Williams.  Dirt cheap, but not bad as far as flavor goes, it's pretty decent. I don't dig sour mash though.  

Now, I don't go tossing $100's on liquor so I don't have a ton of experience, but so far, the best bourbons I've had have been Blanton's single barrel 

and 

I was eyeing that Blanton's the other day at the LCBO, digging the top. If I'm in a bourbon mood, I stick to that Wild Turkey, shit's piffery with some ice.

narsha.narsha.narsha

January 11, 2013 @ 07:54 PM
DaPark

Bells and JD
With that pepsi chaser cool

hb weindis "No wonder drake makes love songs. Seeing all these 10's around toronto. damn. Just gained alot of dislike for my city."

January 11, 2013 @ 08:23 PM
damus

Man, I just wish I could drink scotch or whiskey, but it just doesn't go down as well as gin and vodka.

That pussy lifestyle. sad
January 11, 2013 @ 09:43 PM
tmwtg

when you reach a point in your life where you are making good money and you appreciate good things, especially when it comes to alcohol, whiskey/scotch/bourbon come into play.  For me the reasons are different, i'd rather spend more money on better liquor that I drink slower in less amounts that gets me just as if not more fucked up then drinking all night. When you get to the point where you are drinking Scotch/Whiskey on ice or neat, you realize the taste factor.  Single Malt, Aged, Multi-blends, etc.  
This +9000, but you're making yourself sound old as fuck. I'm 21 and drink mostly whisky/bourbon/scotch.

My current line-up (I usually cop 1 every 2 weeks and keep rotating):
- Glenlivet 12
- Glenlivet 18
- Buffalo Trace
- Knob Creek 9 yr
- Macallan 12
- Maker's Mark

I drink neat most of the time. Add a couple of drops of water, if necessary.
January 11, 2013 @ 10:20 PM
Aubrey.

Why do you ask this? You do know that most people on here aren't even old enough to buy a beer right? I'm not even sure if these frail, lightweight muh'fuckers have a stable enough bodily system to even handle a sip.

That Daniels and Jameson though.cool

May your neighbors respect you, trouble neglect you, angels protect you, and heaven accept you.

January 11, 2013 @ 10:27 PM
cityofsavages

Jameson and Maker's Mark for me

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

January 12, 2013 @ 09:50 AM
nicka

makers mark is where its at thocool

Olive Field Pullover L FS

January 12, 2013 @ 05:47 PM
dmwalking

makers mark is where its at tho
I think makers is more about the bottle than the whiskey.  IMO, it's not worth the price tag.  Drop the price about $10 to $15 and the price tag would make more sense. I feel like nigs are mostly paying for the pretty bottle.   But that single barrel Elmer T Lee is like $30 and is WAY better than Makers.  

Never get fooled by the bottle. 

January 12, 2013 @ 10:17 PM
GoRubio

and 

I love this video.  It definitely makes me want to get a nosing glass and try some of the finer scotches. 
Blantons is one of my favorite bourbons. Taylor is another great one, but more smoky and expensive.

For Rye whiskeys, Tempelton hands down is my favorite. Lion's Pride from Chicago is a bang for buck whiskey if you can find it.

For that "How To Drink Scotch Whisky" video, I've done it a couple of times. Last night to start off my birthday, I had Glenlivet 18 out of one of those nosing glasses (not a snifter, but not a wine glass, but looks like a mix of the two). It changes the experience of drinking it drastically. My friend was drinking Green Label the same way next to me, and drinking that was intense for him due to all the peat and smokiness. It's true when they say that drinking anything out of different shaped glasses changes the taste of it. For the most part though, I'll continue to drink most of my scotches out of regular rocks glasses, and save the special glasses for when I ball out and get something like Macallan 25.

Working on a bottle of Hakushu 12 year from the Suntory Distillery in Japan tonight. (same guys that do Yamazaki)
January 13, 2013 @ 09:37 AM
It's Only Hype

Glenlivet neat
jack d for casual drinking
January 13, 2013 @ 07:42 PM
franjoli

i fuckin love scotch/whiskey

WTB: UNIQLO x UNDERCOVER FISHTAIL UTILITY PARKA IN SIZE S/M ANY COLOUR MESSAGE

Please login first to reply.