Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
December 29, 2012 @ 08:00 PM
floww

so yea... i've heard that appart from the shipping costs that you pay when doing your checkout after buying on a specific online website you're going to pay tons of money to get your shit if it comes somewhere outside of your continent.

for example, I live in Portugal [europe] and want to buy some shiiz @ karmaloop , my friend told me that imma pay 300€ just so I can get two pairs of vans delivered by DHL?

wow , im so confused and never felt so dumb.. this question also applies when buying in Ebay.com (.us) where I intended to buy a dslr camera :/

help.

''Sarcasm: the ability to insult idiots without them realizing it.''

December 29, 2012 @ 08:04 PM
iggy-koopa

I think you're talking about Customs, idk but this is the first link that came up on Google

http://www.dutycalculator.com/help_center/Import-duty-taxes-when-importing-into-Portugal/
December 29, 2012 @ 09:06 PM
mopreme

I have an eBay store and I'll break it down for your real quick.

1.  You're Fucked

2.  Customs will get you if you buy from an online retailer because of the receipt and invoice.  They will see the price you paid for the item and charge you accordingly.

3.  High Cost of Shipping - For the merchant to be protected from potential chargebacks the item must be trackable, and may even require a signature (high priced items over $250).  This cost is passed on to you, the buyer.

Loopholes -

Make friends on the internet and have them ship it for you.  I have a couple of Aussie dudes that I ship Supreme stuff too.  The send money as a gift and I ship it International Priority Mail.  It takes a while to build that trust, but there is significant savings.  I declare the value at $20 and just write that its a gift.  No customs issue, and International USPS Priority Mail provides tracking.
December 29, 2012 @ 09:20 PM
unemployed

maybe u will get charged 200$ shipping bruh
December 29, 2012 @ 10:23 PM
thesupergoodlife

I would avoid at all costs bruh. The customs duties are gonna kill you. For some reason the USA and EU don't have a free trade agreement yet (we're the two continents that always talk about it but don't have a set up yet.)

Long story short just buy from an EU based online retailer, if you buy from any EU or EFTA country you won't get hit with customs, just a larger shipping bill.
December 29, 2012 @ 11:07 PM
99%Shit

I don't think free trade applies. NAFTA exists and you can still get hit with duty between Canada and the US.

narsha.narsha.narsha

December 30, 2012 @ 12:09 PM
thesupergoodlife

The EU is an almost completely free trade area. I can order a shrt from France or beer from Germany and pay no custom duties when it arrives in the UK. I'm not familiar with how NAFTA works though. 
December 30, 2012 @ 06:03 PM
crackpipedick

I don't think free trade applies. NAFTA exists and you can still get hit with duty between Canada and the US.

this is because the duty tax doesn't apply to where the item is shipped from, but  where its manufactered. Most shit isn't made in the USA (i.e. clothes)
December 30, 2012 @ 07:41 PM
floww

thanks for helping me out , jeez.

that duty calculator website was really helpful ;]

so i should just stick to my european bs retailers right? (:

December 30, 2012 @ 09:02 PM
iAmSofaKing

I would avoid at all costs bruh. The customs duties are gonna kill you. For some reason the USA and EU don't have a free trade agreement yet (we're the two continents that always talk about it but don't have a set up yet.)

Long story short just buy from an EU based online retailer, if you buy from any EU or EFTA country you won't get hit with customs, just a larger shipping bill.
This is bullshit, i ordered from a couple of EU retailers like Glassboutique etc, and got charged $170 worth of customs for a $400 jacket

For Sale: Large Navy Supreme Floral Polo WTB: Medium Black Supreme Roses Football Top

December 31, 2012 @ 12:08 AM
thesupergoodlife

^ you in the EU or USA?
Edit: you live in Canada. I was talking about if you live in an EU country, if you live outside the EU and order from an EU based retailer then you will still get slapped with customs in your country. 
OP: good idea, glad I could help. 
December 31, 2012 @ 12:42 AM
Revive_J

Stick to your continent for the most part and you should be fine. Unless you are ordering over a certain amount. 

Revive Brand Co: www.revivebrandco.com

December 31, 2012 @ 09:43 AM
Jay Z

THATS WHY USA > FAGGY ASS EUROTRASH
December 31, 2012 @ 11:54 AM
floww

THATS WHY USA > FAGGY ASS EUROTRASH
I've been to the states already. have to say it's a world totally appart from europe, there loads of cool stuff but most retards are from America too, crazy people preparing for the end of the world and shit... lots of weird fake entertainment :/ not to speak about the people who voted for romney :x

anyways , thanks for the help ;)

June 25, 2013 @ 04:33 AM
thaosam

Hey, have you heard of Parcel Zoom - www.parcelzoom.com. They offer you a free USA address so you can shop using their address, they store for you for free in 90 days then ship it to your house upon your request at a quite good price via DHL, Fedex, USPS something. USPS must be always the cheapest way but I prefer DHL. DHL via this site has better price than I usually pay for direct shipping from selling sites.

Also have consolidation services as more weight less cost it usually is. 
For the custom part, you can declare your own custom form so you can marked as gift with less value or whatever you want. Ask them to remove original tags and/or bills for you . That should help to make it easier.

Hope this helps! 

Please login first to reply.