December 29, 2012 @ 01:33 AM
BlackBananas

Three gods A, B, and C are called, in some order, True, False, and
Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but
whether Random speaks truly or falsely is a completely random matter.
Your task is to determine the identities of A, B, and C by asking three
yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god. The gods
understand English, but will answer all questions in their own language
in which the words for 'yes' and 'no' are 'da' and 'ja', in some order.
You do not know which word means which.
December 29, 2012 @ 04:03 PM

Inactive

What's the questions? In this case two of the Gods would have the same reply, making it a 2/3 a 50/50 chance it could swing 3/3 though. 1/3 chance for random and 3/3 for Truth. That or I just can't comprehend this...lol

December 29, 2012 @ 08:52 PM
paulywalnuts

fuck this is a really hard question ...spent like 20 minutes so far and i have no idea...

i master bait from time to time///wtb supreme/rust-oleum beanie

December 29, 2012 @ 09:00 PM
paulywalnuts

looked up the answer and i still don't get it...i'd like to pretend i understand but i can't explain it...i guess i don't understand the Random god...there has to be certain assumptions on how he will answer, but the fact that he is random doesn't bode with the explanation i read thus far...

December 29, 2012 @ 09:03 PM
99%Shit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hardest_Logic_Puzzle_Ever

Shit's tough, even after reading this.

narsha.narsha.narsha

December 29, 2012 @ 09:08 PM
craigsagersuit

what questions we supposed to ask?

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

December 29, 2012 @ 09:11 PM
craigsagersuit

saw the wiki page

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

December 29, 2012 @ 09:15 PM
AndreLutherKing

I think I saw this in an episode of Yu-Gi-Oh way back in the day but it was only for 2 people. I think it was this nigga Yugi & Joey dueling 2 niggas at the same damn time & one of them niggas was supposed to be lying or something. You were supposed to ask something about a village or some shit. Too bad it was like 10 years ago so I barely remember how it went.

Chicks barely dancin, glancin every chance they get, like - oh shit, he's so HANSUM

December 29, 2012 @ 09:19 PM
paulywalnuts

I think I saw this in an episode of Yu-Gi-Oh way back in the day but it was only for 2 people. I think it was this nigga Yugi & Joey dueling 2 niggas at the same damn time & one of them niggas was supposed to be lying or something. You were supposed to ask something about a village or some shit. Too bad it was like 10 years ago so I barely remember how it went.
thank you for the insight

December 30, 2012 @ 01:03 AM
rabbitman

i feel like this has something to do with asking who is True, and making alterations down the line but i cant quite figure this out. wasted like 10mins on this damn

be careful what you pretend to be

December 30, 2012 @ 01:25 AM
Gwyn

Sounds similiar to this link (identical twins, one lies, one tells the truth)

http://www.cut-the-knot.org/impossible/brothers.shtml

"..wearing the usual, because why would i bother wearing something else?" - bill

December 30, 2012 @ 01:57 AM
Panther.

It was the same as the Knight & Knaves shit. One man always lies, the other always doesn't. One route didn't lead to the village and the other didn't. You can only ask one question, and it can only be to one of the guards.

In the end, the question that was supposed to be asked was "Will he tell me I'm going to the village through his path?" and whoever responded no would be the liar.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

December 30, 2012 @ 02:21 AM
"MERCY"

it's not as simple as one person telling the truth and one telling the lie. With "ja" and "da" meaning yes or no or vice versa, you can't even tell what they're saying. The point is to ask two questions in one. Two questions, asked in one sentence (thus forming a unified question) that provides you with the identity of the god and what does "ja" and "da" means

tough as an asshole
December 30, 2012 @ 02:33 AM
zzzboy

It was the same as the Knight & Knaves shit. One man always lies, the other always doesn't. One route didn't lead to the village and the other didn't. You can only ask one question, and it can only be to one of the guards.

In the end, the question that was supposed to be asked was "Will he tell me I'm going to the village through his path?" and whoever responded no would be the liar.
nah nigga in yu-gi-oh they were allowed to ask ONE question total, and one guy always lied and one told the truth.  the question to ask was "which path would the other guy say to take" and regardless of which guy you ask it to, the wrong path would be pointed out, so yugi and gang took the other one.
December 30, 2012 @ 02:57 AM
Fonze

it's not as simple as one person telling the truth and one telling the lie. With "ja" and "da" meaning yes or no or vice versa, you can't even tell what they're saying. The point is to ask two questions in one. Two questions, asked in one sentence (thus forming a unified question) that provides you with the identity of the god and what does "ja" and "da" means

tough as an asshole
THIS NIGGA GOT IT. Smart ass motherfucker, didn't think about asking two questions in one.
December 30, 2012 @ 06:31 AM
schoolboylou

You reminded me of them paradox brothas

Please login first to reply.