December 27, 2012 @ 12:39 PM
TheRealJoeBiden

I find it funny that some atheists celebrate Christmas. They have a radical view that consists of the absence of God, yet they make exceptions for themselves by enjoying a what is widely known as a Christian-originated holiday. Regardless of the origin of Christmas, I think atheists would seem misplaced and confused around this time. Then again, Christmas has become so over saturated and commercialized that it is associated with Santa Claus and elfs rather the Jesus himself. In the end, Christmas is just a good reason to celebrate with family and display generosity by giving out gifts.
Not that hard to understand bruh, there are really only 3 reasons.

1. Believe it or not, atheists do enjoy receiving presents.
2. I don't know if you can wrap your head around this one, but atheists also like turkey and all that good shit.
3. And, regardless of religion (or the lack thereof), most people enjoy spending time with their family.

A holiday is only what you make it. Jesus' name is not mentioned or thought about once during our dinner or throughout the day. And that's our preference. I don't give a fuck if you have some sort of shrine and you worship it for hours, that's you. 

edit: Personally, and from a realistic and unbiased standpoint, I don't understand how anyone can still believe the nonsense that the bible is spewing. It was written about 2,000~ years ago by men who probably had what would now be equal to a 2nd or 3rd grade education. I guess if you're still a believer, it's more so about faith rather than actually believing. At least I would hope so.
December 27, 2012 @ 02:07 PM
.kciN

^^^
You may be a 2012 member but you're spitting absolute troof sonsonson PREACH 
December 27, 2012 @ 03:07 PM
Pantic

edit: Personally, and from a realistic and unbiased standpoint, I don't understand how anyone can still believe the nonsense that the bible is spewing. It was written about 2,000~ years ago by men who probably had what would now be equal to a 2nd or 3rd grade education. I guess if you're still a believer, it's more so about faith rather than actually believing. At least I would hope so.
Exactly, how anyone can be religious in our enlightened age is just beyond stupid. 
December 27, 2012 @ 03:29 PM
99%Shit

Don't celebrate. Haven't for years.

Christ never existed and if he did, he wasn't born in December.

narsha.narsha.narsha

December 27, 2012 @ 03:47 PM
MickMike

So you're telling me the architects who designed the pyramid/colosseum were all feeble minded?? you show me a 5th grader who's designed such structures.. There are valid arguments on both sides of the discussion but this is possibly the most ignorant post in this thread.

The bible even admits: "In the last days, there will be false prophets among you."  So yes christmas is a bunch of horse shit. I think everyone will agree. The question is, why do atheist still celebrate it?

Here is another question: Why do Christians celebrate Halloween? So yes, the world is full of hypocrites. (Another bible prophecy)
December 27, 2012 @ 03:54 PM
TheRealJoeBiden

So you're telling me the architects who designed the pyramid/colosseum were all feeble minded?? you show me a 5th grader who's designed such structures.. There are valid arguments on both sides of the discussion but this is possibly the most ignorant post in this thread.

The bible even admits: "In the last days, there will be false prophets among you."  So yes christmas is a bunch of horse shit. I think everyone will agree. The question is, why do atheist still celebrate it?

Here is another question: Why do Christians celebrate Halloween? So yes, the world is full of hypocrites. (Another bible prophecy)
NIGGA I ANSWERED THIS. We enjoy presents, good food, and spending time w/ family. Christmas is not religious for me, we don't pray at the table or any shit like that, we aren't celebrating Jesus' birthday, we just get together, exchange presents, and eat.
December 27, 2012 @ 04:05 PM
MickMike

I know you did. I didnt say you avoided the question. I am just keeping the thread on topic. But none the less, doing all of those things IS celebrating it with hypocrisy. Call a spade a spade.
December 27, 2012 @ 04:11 PM
Josh

"it is originally a holiday that Christians stole from Pagans and Christianized for their own practice. today it is mostly a cultural and secular holiday that everyone celebrates for fun, because it's ingrained into our western society"

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

December 27, 2012 @ 04:12 PM
Cboom

Here in Japan they get into the Christmas spirit more than anywhere I have ever been, and Japan is arguable the most secular country in the world and about has far removed from Christianity as a country and culture can be. It's all just for fun, lights, presents, getting together, being merry, xmas music, WHAM, shopping, Santa and cute girls dressed in little elf skirts. No one gives a fuck about Jesus or religion, not here, not Canada not the UK, and no one should, it's ridiculous for a grown person to believe in that shit this day in age. I was raised in a completely non religious household in Vancouver but we celebrated Christmas, because my parents did. and their parents did. It's part of Western tradition and now global tradition. I had Muslim friends in high school that exchanged gifts, wore santa hats, sang carols, who gives a fuck, just enjoy the time with friends and family, religious creeps always gotta cause shit but at the end of the day, if you honestly, seriously believe in that garbage, jokes on you, trust me.
December 27, 2012 @ 04:20 PM
Pantic

I know you did. I didnt say you avoided the question. I am just keeping the thread on topic. But none the less, doing all of those things IS celebrating it with hypocrisy. Call a spade a spade.
Why? I celebrate christmas because it's a tradition i was raised with from i was born, i was not raised to believe in some stupid religion and i see no reason to leave a tradition alone because of christianism or whatever claims this dumb religion has to the holiday. Do you stop eating pork because it's wrong according to muslims?
December 27, 2012 @ 05:31 PM

Inactive

hb is full of the dumbest nigs ever

christmas originally was a pagen holiday even the bible speaks about it when they said that the pagens was putting trees in their homes and decorating them

the reason why christmas was turned into a christian holiday is because the roman church did it

the last emperor of rome, mixed christians and pegan beliefs together,that is what the catholic church is today, bible mixed with roman idols/gods of old

a real christian should be celebrating and worshipping Jesus every single day

christmas is a false holiday

the same as easter, easter is a pagen holiday which worships a god name aster

Don't label something "Christmas" then say Christmas is a false holiday...
where you think Xmas came from?
Xmas is an abbreviation for Christmas...they mean the same thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas
"There is a common misconception that the word Xmas stems from a secular attempt to remove the religious tradition from Christmas by taking the "Christ" out of "Christmas"."
lol @ source.
December 27, 2012 @ 08:36 PM
99%Shit

hb is full of the dumbest nigs ever

christmas originally was a pagen holiday even the bible speaks about it when they said that the pagens was putting trees in their homes and decorating them

the reason why christmas was turned into a christian holiday is because the roman church did it

the last emperor of rome, mixed christians and pegan beliefs together,that is what the catholic church is today, bible mixed with roman idols/gods of old

a real christian should be celebrating and worshipping Jesus every single day

christmas is a false holiday

the same as easter, easter is a pagen holiday which worships a god name aster

Don't label something "Christmas" then say Christmas is a false holiday...
where you think Xmas came from?
Xmas is an abbreviation for Christmas...they mean the same thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas
"There is a common misconception that the word Xmas stems from a secular attempt to remove the religious tradition from Christmas by taking the "Christ" out of "Christmas"."
lol @ source.
You mean
^ O'Conner, Patricia T.; Kellerman, Stewart (2009). Origins of the Specious: Myths and Misconceptions of the English Language. New York: Random House. p. 77.ISBN 978-1-4000-6660-5.
?

Or maybe you didn't happen to know that EVERYTHING on Wiki needs a citation. 

narsha.narsha.narsha

December 27, 2012 @ 09:20 PM
Aubrey.

Not that hard to understand bruh, there are really only 3 reasons.

1. Believe it or not, atheists do enjoy receiving presents.
2. I don't know if you can wrap your head around this one, but atheists also like turkey and all that good shit.
3. And, regardless of religion (or the lack thereof), most people enjoy spending time with their family.

A holiday is only what you make it. Jesus' name is not mentioned or thought about once during our dinner or throughout the day. And that's our preference. I don't give a fuck if you have some sort of shrine and you worship it for hours, that's you. 

I fully understand man. Any human would be ecstatic to receive gifts, spend time with their family, and eat the good stuff all in one holiday. I'm not trying to call out atheists in general or have them banished from celebrating Christmas, but then again, I'm not trying to reconcile with them either.

Atheists celebrating Christmas only bothers me in such a miniscule way. I don't really mind. As long as it doesn't directly affect me or my family.

May your neighbors respect you, trouble neglect you, angels protect you, and heaven accept you.

December 27, 2012 @ 10:03 PM
MickMike

Exactly. Any person can spend time with family and spread gifts on any day of the year. The double standard is obvious. But perception is everything.
December 27, 2012 @ 10:12 PM
Pantic

Exactly. Any person can spend time with family and spread gifts on any day of the year. The double standard is obvious. But perception is everything.
So is the double standard for christians celebrating christmas as commercially as every non christian. Dumb thread tbh
December 27, 2012 @ 10:23 PM
*ER!C

stupid thread . . . religious people are so annoying
December 27, 2012 @ 11:30 PM
popeyes

lol agnostic. what a bitch move. pick a side and then argue.
the fuck, he just told you which side he's on
lol what i meant was agnostic people are like undecided voters. people on the fence. but still if you believe in a god you're retarded lolololol. a religious person saying that IM the epitome of retardation hahahha.

john lamone is a fag. boland is a fag.

December 28, 2012 @ 12:23 AM
brothersport

Im not religious you stupid fuck. I dont believe in a god. I think theres some type of energy or force that led to the creation of the universe. And thats where it ends. I dont worship anything. Research agnosticism before you compare it to an undecided voter.
December 28, 2012 @ 12:25 AM
popeyes

lol high power, god, same shit. you mad.

john lamone is a fag. boland is a fag.

December 28, 2012 @ 12:39 AM
*ER!C

Im not religious you stupid fuck. I dont believe in a god. I think theres some type of energy or force that led to the creation of the universe. And thats where it ends. I dont worship anything. Research agnosticism before you compare it to an undecided voter.
why art thou enraged doe?
December 28, 2012 @ 01:00 AM
brothersport

I just said I dont believe in a god.
December 28, 2012 @ 06:27 AM
Axraexl

Christmas isnt a Christian holiday in essense. It goes back to both ancient babylon and egypt. The day was centered around the birth of the sun god: Horus in Egypt and Tammuz in Babylon. This same holiday was later carried on and adopted by Greek and Roman culture. These ancient customs then found its way into "Christinaity" when the Roman church united the two.
Thats really what Cathlocism is, Christinity mixed with Paganism. Take a look at the Vatican and and you see occultic symbolism at every corner. 

Run away from the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, the land of the sinking sand

December 28, 2012 @ 07:06 AM
ANTHONEEE

lmao. i love these kinda threads

http://anthonywho.com

December 28, 2012 @ 07:10 AM
Fonze

go eat a dick.
I want to enjoy spending time with my family. That's what Christmas should be about.

Christmas is celebrating the birth of Jesus. It always has been.
Too bad Dec 25th isn't the actual birthdate of Jesus. Ya'll think too fucking hard and worry too much about others. Do what you want to fucking do. Christmas is different for everyone, if some atheists wants to celebrate it, let them.
December 28, 2012 @ 07:17 AM
VOMITSPIT

because atheists are just as confused as you are.

Black Supreme Safari, Raised by Wolves, and more: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/220068

December 28, 2012 @ 10:02 AM
northwest

Lol atheists don't celebrate Christmas. They celebrate Giftmas and it happens to be on the same day. Dontchu know nigga?
December 28, 2012 @ 03:38 PM
BEENDOINGIT

Jesus is fake doe.

Please login first to reply.