Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
December 26, 2012 @ 01:27 AM
thatwhiteass

old people believe in god. i don't know 1 person my age who believes in god (i'm in the uk btw, we ain't religious). people celebrate Christmas cause they want to, you get presents and a big meal and it's the only time of the year the whole family is together. to be honest i have not thought about religion once in the last day
its just the americans, and they the majority of the forum so thats why this a issue
December 26, 2012 @ 01:30 AM
BDKMV

who cares what somebody else does? it doesnt directly affect your life in anyway. who cares if an athiest celebrates christmas with relatives (many of whom are probably christian). let christians do what they want, and athiests do what they want. there are douchebags in both sects, get over it. getting pissed about it just adds to the hatred thats everywhere
This.
Why wouldn't we? Most of us grew up with it. At some point we realized that it was actually a celebration of the winter season rather than the birth of Christ. After all, Jesus was born closer to St Patricks Day.
And this.
December 26, 2012 @ 01:35 AM
Panther.

I grew up with it. So did my parents. Plus, the North Star comes out during Summer, therefore, Jesus's birthday must have actually been sometime around July. But celebrating it is fun, and imagine being without any Winter holiday while everybody else is off celebrating Christmas or Hannukkah? It's not cool being left out.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

December 26, 2012 @ 01:53 AM
Beach2theBay

Christmas is just Thanksgiving with presents these days. Same with Easter. I bet if you asked 10 kids what they thought of when the heard the word Easter 8 would say the Easter Bunny before Jesus. Christians got holiday jacked.
December 26, 2012 @ 02:06 AM
YoungRizal

why do non-irish celebrate st. patricks day?
Because people dont go out there way to bash Irish people and then celebrate their holiday. If you guys want to be Atheists no one is stopping you but dont use semantics to justify the fact that yall are celebrating a holiday that is connected to the religion you spend all 364 other days of the year hating. 

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

December 26, 2012 @ 04:16 AM
Cokane

christmas? celebrating the life of jesus? Life is prly real simple for u

don't ride my wave

December 26, 2012 @ 05:33 AM
Fitch

I'm not religious so spare me that accusation, but if Christmas is originally a Pagan holiday, and that's your excuse to celebrate it, you're definitely Pagan, right? No, really. You say you celebrate Christmas because it's not a Christian holiday, but a Pagan one. Now tell me, are you a Pagan? If this thread title was really what bothered you, ask yourself how you'd answer to "Why do Atheists celebrate Pagan holidays?" I'm pretty sure I celebrated Christmas less than most on this forum, so quit your bitching before you start it.
December 26, 2012 @ 05:49 AM
"MERCY"

I'm not religious so spare me that accusation, but if Christmas is originally a Pagan holiday, and that's your excuse to celebrate it, you're definitely Pagan, right? No, really. You say you celebrate Christmas because it's not a Christian holiday, but a Pagan one. Now tell me, are you a Pagan? If this thread title was really what bothered you, ask yourself how you'd answer to "Why do Atheists celebrate Pagan holidays?" I'm pretty sure I celebrated Christmas less than most on this forum, so quit your bitching before you start it.
i can cosign this
December 26, 2012 @ 05:57 AM
NZOO

Idgaf what you are if you getting gifts, you not saying no.

Don't badmind me.

December 26, 2012 @ 06:04 AM
chief

Some of you guys are half retarded I swear

•••

December 26, 2012 @ 06:35 AM
popeyes

religion is for fags.

edit: nevermind religion hates fags so religions are at an even lower level.

john lamone is a fag. boland is a fag.

December 26, 2012 @ 06:40 AM
RiFF RaFF

stay ignorant hypebeast

Be about it

December 26, 2012 @ 06:46 AM
brothersport

religion is for fags.

This is so fucking ignorant, i cant even. 
December 26, 2012 @ 07:53 AM
JohnvHarrison

hb is full of the dumbest nigs ever

christmas originally was a pagen holiday even the bible speaks about it when they said that the pagens was putting trees in their homes and decorating them

the reason why christmas was turned into a christian holiday is because the roman church did it

the last emperor of rome, mixed christians and pegan beliefs together,that is what the catholic church is today, bible mixed with roman idols/gods of old

a real christian should be celebrating and worshipping Jesus every single day

christmas is a false holiday

the same as easter, easter is a pagen holiday which worships a god name aster

Don't label something "Christmas" then say Christmas is a false holiday...
where you think Xmas came from?

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

December 26, 2012 @ 10:56 AM
It's Only Hype

Obviously Christians aren't celebrating it as a pagan holiday, and atheists aren't "celebrating" it as a Christian holiday. It seems like people, like some who posted in this thread, do because it was a tradition they grew up with. So a lot of people view it just as a secular celebration, not related to Christ at all. It's popular in Japan, but it's all about gift exchanging and Santa and all that. .
December 26, 2012 @ 11:28 AM
popeyes

religion is for fags.

lol theists are all ignorant and arrogant.

December 26, 2012 @ 12:31 PM
brothersport

religion is for fags.

So you counter ignorance with ignorance? Sounds fucking retarded to me. And ALL theists are ignorant? Yeah ill just let that one slide because its obvious you have aspergers. Theres ignorance on both ends of the spectrum, and you just happen to be a prime example of it on your end.
December 27, 2012 @ 02:22 AM
Theron Allah

I dont celebrate, I just open presents & eat good food

www.madeinjapan.us

December 27, 2012 @ 02:58 AM
popeyes

religion is for fags.

So you counter ignorance with ignorance? Sounds fucking retarded to me. And ALL theists are ignorant? Yeah ill just let that one slide because its obvious you have aspergers. Theres ignorance on both ends of the spectrum, and you just happen to be a prime example of it on your end.
atheism is on the rise. people are waking up. people are asking questions. this is a fact. and yes all theists are ignorant lololol it's really not that hard to believe.

December 27, 2012 @ 03:08 AM
mackness

Let's look at it this way: There is a 'supposed' separation of Church and State, and mostly everyone, including government officials (people who work for the state), get Christmas off. Therefor it's a state holiday and not really a church holiday.

Some dude who practices druidism told me this, ionno

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

December 27, 2012 @ 03:10 AM
iAmSofaKing

christmas was originally a pagan holiday. many cultures had winter festivals and they usually celebrated the sun. just christians connected the birth of the son of god to the sun, so they placed their holiday at the end of december. if there was a jesus, he wasnt born in the winter
There is concrete proof that Jesus existed. As far on when he was born, definitely not on December..

For Sale: Large Navy Supreme Floral Polo WTB: Medium Black Supreme Roses Football Top

December 27, 2012 @ 03:18 AM
brothersport

religion is for fags.

atheism is on the rise. people are waking up. people are asking questions. this is a fact. and yes all theists are ignorant lololol it's really not that hard to believe.
Im agnostic so lets just get that out of the way. And i dont really care about religion or lack there of, its all about inner peace and understanding
December 27, 2012 @ 03:21 AM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

christmas was originally a pagan holiday. many cultures had winter festivals and they usually celebrated the sun. just christians connected the birth of the son of god to the sun, so they placed their holiday at the end of december. if there was a jesus, he wasnt born in the winter
There is concrete proof that Jesus existed. As far on when he was born, definitely not on December..
jesus was not white. The reason i despise christianity. 
Ps. not saying you ever said jesus (pbuh) was white but many ppl think jesus (pbuh) was white.

:)

December 27, 2012 @ 03:30 AM
(G)TRAP

suspended

christmas originally was a pagen holiday even the bible speaks about it when they said that the pagens was putting trees in their homes and decorating them

the reason why christmas was turned into a christian holiday is because the roman church did it

the last emperor of rome, mixed christians and pegan beliefs together,that is what the catholic church is today, bible mixed with roman idols/gods of old

but people don't go around say "Happy Pagan Holiday"... they say "Merry Christmas"
if u wanna be technical about the origin of Christmas, then Atheist shouldn't call it Christmas in the first place
because you niggas stil have the demonic tree in your house
December 27, 2012 @ 03:35 AM
popeyes

lol agnostic. what a bitch move. pick a side and then argue.

December 27, 2012 @ 04:24 AM
TheRealJoeBiden

u mad b.

we took your holiday. we fapped on your book. we took your bitches. i know the gays got you mad too, my niggas adam n steve reproducin n shit in the garden of eden. atheists been had the factual knowledge, you niggas just got your fairy tales n denials. 

SMITE ME, O MIGHTY SMITER.
December 27, 2012 @ 05:01 AM
brothersport

You are the fucking epitome of retardation. Agnosticism isnt just one belief. I happen to be a thesist agnostic which means i believe in a higher power but dont claim to know of its existence. Sounds like picking a fucking side to me.
December 27, 2012 @ 05:32 AM
Aubrey.

I find it funny that some atheists celebrate Christmas. They have a radical view that consists of the absence of God, yet they make exceptions for themselves by enjoying a what is widely known as a Christian-originated holiday. Regardless of the origin of Christmas, I think atheists would seem misplaced and confused around this time. Then again, Christmas has become so over saturated and commercialized that it is associated with Santa Claus and elfs rather the Jesus himself. In the end, Christmas is just a good reason to celebrate with family and display generosity by giving out gifts.

May your neighbors respect you, trouble neglect you, angels protect you, and heaven accept you.

December 27, 2012 @ 05:44 AM
"MERCY"

the fuck, he just told you which side he's on
December 27, 2012 @ 05:46 AM
"MERCY"

where you think Xmas came from?
Xmas is an abbreviation for Christmas...they mean the same thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas
"There is a common misconception that the word Xmas stems from a secular attempt to remove the religious tradition from Christmas by taking the "Christ" out of "Christmas"."

Please login first to reply.