Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
December 18, 2012 @ 02:25 AM
REVS

I know threads already have been started about the school shootings, and this isn't focusing on that, just the general picture, you know? I've sat down right now, and damn, the world is a different place in my eyes now. It's just decaying, when it could be thriving, so much life, so much room for growth, so much potential. But instead of taking advantage of these concepts, these resources, these amendments, we're wasting away, killing, stealing, lying. And it's unfortunate, you know?

I was called into work today, on my day off, because a co-worker of mine, had called out, it's a nice older woman, very kind, funny, free. She is one of the good people who inhabit this earth. She was called out, because her ex husband, beat her almost half to death and she was in the hospital . When I hear news like this, the shootings, the murder, the hatred, that occurs towards others, other human beings, other people who are just trying to live, to breathe another breath, to see where this very day takes them, by negative, spiteful individuals, it saddens me, you know?

I just find it hard for people to become so blind, build up such anger, towards not only other people, but the earth, the one place where we all have one thing in common, life. I don't care if you're black, white, blue, purple, or yellow. We're all here for the same reason, to live life, to experience what this place has to offer, not to take the lives, or damage these for others who just seek to see whats next...

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

December 18, 2012 @ 02:27 AM
AndreLutherKing

I honestly blame 2012. People really think that shit is going to end so they are wilding out

Chicks barely dancin, glancin every chance they get, like - oh shit, he's so HANSUM

December 18, 2012 @ 02:32 AM
vis

can i have your supreme?
December 18, 2012 @ 02:33 AM
Revive_J

The sad truth is that the world is now only being exposed. Maybe the severity of the crimes has increased, instead of only 8 people being killed in a mass murder there are 30 or so.  The technology we have now has allowed people from all over the world to share their circumstances. You can go on Youtube and find all kinds of school shootings in other countries, look on twitter and learn about more violence and turn on the new station and again be exposed. People like to place blame on something when things go wrong. Change gun laws, medicate the mentally ill, etc. But in reality there is not much that can be done, unless you want to live in the world similar to the book 1984 or Brave New World. 

#revivelife

Revive Brand Co: www.revivebrandco.com

December 18, 2012 @ 02:55 AM
Panther.

It's the sick, twisted youth of the United States's idea of legends and folktale. They want their event to be in the next US history textbook. They may not think this, but I believe it's a subconscious grinding of gears in their sub-intellectual minds that gets them going. No matter what they may have, Down's Syndrome, Aspberger's Disease.... I don't care. These people are challenged, and instead of watching the world grow into a place we'd like to see, they want to cause middle school drama on a national level. I'm not saying shooting 27 people is middle school drama (it sure isn't). But, it's their thirst for this petty attention which captures their small brains into thinking "Wow, I could be popular!" Instead of creating a new Era of Good Feeling in the US history textbook hundreds, thousands of years from now, they'd rather have their massacre of innocent people and destruction of not only many families' relationships, but destruction of a city...and the whole nation's well-being and sense of safety.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

December 18, 2012 @ 02:58 AM
Panther.

double post sorry

December 18, 2012 @ 02:58 AM
Panther.

triple post...sorry for the spazzing

December 18, 2012 @ 05:15 AM
chief

money and religion are the underlying reasons for all the world's problems

religion might someday eradicated but money will still be around forever and so will greedy people

•••

December 18, 2012 @ 05:32 AM
brothersport

^ Religion isnt necessarily the problem. People have always been evil and always will be. Some people like to blame religion as a source of evil, while a religious person would blame Satan or whomever they believe in. Those are all just ignorant titles given to something we don't understand. There's a reason why they don't prosecute Satan or religion in court.
December 18, 2012 @ 08:33 AM
dinkleberg

this is only the beginning. as mean as it sounds all the shootings are making people realize that the world is actually a fucked up place. there will be a change and i believe we will soon come together to root out the evil, corruption, and deception in the world. we are all one. spiritual ascension niggas. its coming.
December 18, 2012 @ 08:38 AM
johnathan

Real shit respect brutha

free max b 2013

December 18, 2012 @ 09:13 AM
modernmischief

Man violence and destruction has been around since the VERY beginning of time,whether its planets colliding,or people beating the shit out of each other,violence is basically natural and there is no way to stop it.
December 18, 2012 @ 09:54 AM
ellol

It's the result of subconscious ego, my man.
December 18, 2012 @ 11:14 AM
itZj0k3R

It's the sick, twisted youth of the United States's idea of legends and folktale. They want their event to be in the next US history textbook. They may not think this, but I believe it's a subconscious grinding of gears in their sub-intellectual minds that gets them going. No matter what they may have, Down's Syndrome, Aspberger's Disease.... I don't care. These people are challenged, and instead of watching the world grow into a place we'd like to see, they want to cause middle school drama on a national level. I'm not saying shooting 27 people is middle school drama (it sure isn't). But, it's their thirst for this petty attention which captures their small brains into thinking "Wow, I could be popular!" Instead of creating a new Era of Good Feeling in the US history textbook hundreds, thousands of years from now, they'd rather have their massacre of innocent people and destruction of not only many families' relationships, but destruction of a city...and the whole nation's well-being and sense of safety.
This is stupid. You think they are doing it for attention? Lol. I thought you had something there in the first couple sentences and then it just fell off.

edit:  To OP.  It's easy to forget all the good in this world when the bad is what mostly catches our attentions.  Violence, murder, etc. has always been around.  Think about it, we only hear about bad shit happening on the news because that gets people listening.  Don't forget how much we have evolved...civil rights movement, women's rights, etc.  Just look at how much war has changed in the past century.  There is still a lot of good in this world, many of us are just looking in the wrong places.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/moments-that-restored-our-faith-in-humanity-this-y
December 18, 2012 @ 01:55 PM
wehatelondon

suspended

World been bad
Bad been the world

instagram-wehatelondon youtube-nicholasmcfly2800

December 18, 2012 @ 02:07 PM
kbos

^ Religion isnt necessarily the problem. People have always been evil and always will be. Some people like to blame religion as a source of evil, while a religious person would blame Satan or whomever they believe in. Those are all just ignorant titles given to something we don't understand. There's a reason why they don't prosecute Satan or religion in court.

I believe in the Buddhist way, there is fundemental darkness and fundemental goodness in everybody. Nobody is born bad or good, but we base ourselves in various realms of exsistence based on our experiences and how we choose to or have been taught to react to them. Of course when you account for mental illnesses and conditions both natural and/or created by extreme circumstances (i.e. anyone who goes on a child killing spree has something fucked in their brains) in ones life darkness can surround a person unless they are concious of their ability to change and want to change bad enough.
December 18, 2012 @ 07:26 PM
ThatGuyBars

Darkness and Optimism is my world. I feel like i was born in the wrong dimension or lifetime.

Ayyy!-Fonzie

December 19, 2012 @ 01:54 AM
REVS

Well I want to first off apologize for the fact that I keep posting in this thread, but I feel my view is just as important as the other millions there are out there, everyone's views, opinions, ideals are important, and I think many people forget that somewhere during life, and it's unfortunate because with this knowledge I think there would be less death and more life.

Anyways, I was sitting in the shower earlier today, letting the water pour over me, with my eyes closed. I was told at a young age the eyes are the doors to the mind, and the best way to see life is with them shut. If that makes any sense. But just sat there for a good 30-45 min letting my mind become blank, clear, visual. And this matched with the water running over me, the body that my soul holds, it was just very calming, and somber, and I just thought about everything, but when the time ended, it felt like nothing. 

It was just a strange moment, I thought I would share, you know? I wouldn't keep experiences like these to myself, I would share with everyone. I don't know, that may just be me... 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

December 19, 2012 @ 01:59 AM
dinkleberg

you listen to the underachievers by any chance? i think you will like their music and message.
December 19, 2012 @ 02:28 AM
bjornvan

yea man focusing on the negatives will make you depressed brah.Im not gonna say shit is getting worse but it sure as hell isnt getting better..

Just stay positive and go out your way to make other people life easier.I can count on 1 hand how many times I said  no this year.
December 19, 2012 @ 02:43 AM
RiFF RaFF

comma splices my nigga. use ; 

but all in all; i agree. Just be that good guy and go out knowing that you actually tried to make a positive difference on this earth.

Be about it

December 19, 2012 @ 02:57 AM
goldANDsacks

the world hasn't changed, just the way we perceive it.

shootings, murder, domestic abuse, etc. it's always been around since the dawn of time.. only now, people sensationalize it. 

the shootings don't scare me. Fox News scares me. sure, sensationalist news has always been around, but not on this scale. we think that cable news and the internet has opened the doors for us to go out there and learn the truth. in actuality though, it just gives them more opportunity to brainwash us in a state of perpetual terror.
December 19, 2012 @ 02:59 AM
goldANDsacks

nevermind. 
December 19, 2012 @ 03:00 AM
RiFF RaFF

comma splices my nigga. use ; 

but all in all; i agree. Just be that good guy and go out knowing that you actually tried to make a positive difference on this earth.
; is a semi-colon. comma splices are just regular commas.

and you are using the semi-colon wrong. "but all in all" is not a complete sentence. 
touche. semi-colon are used to replace the commas. basically does the same thing. 

Be about it

December 19, 2012 @ 03:07 AM
pointforward

The sad truth is that the world is now only being exposed. Maybe the severity of the crimes has increased, instead of only 8 people being killed in a mass murder there are 30 or so.  The technology we have now has allowed people from all over the world to share their circumstances. You can go on Youtube and find all kinds of school shootings in other countries, look on twitter and learn about more violence and turn on the new station and again be exposed. People like to place blame on something when things go wrong. Change gun laws, medicate the mentally ill, etc. But in reality there is not much that can be done, unless you want to live in the world similar to the book 1984 or Brave New World. 

#revivelife
Spot on. Unfortunately, this stuff has been happening for hundreds and hundreds of years. With tech nowadays, we can see shit from other countries and think... wtf the world is getting worse. Its not that, we just have access to more information compared to back then. Even though the tragedy in America (the shootings at the primary school or all shootings in general) was eye opening, worse shit happens in countries such as Mexico, Somalia, Pakistan and the Middle East, China and North Korea. 
December 19, 2012 @ 03:42 AM
It's Only Hype

Go visit her in the hospital
December 19, 2012 @ 05:24 AM
from02hero

can i have your supreme?
wtf
December 19, 2012 @ 05:35 AM
Bet

Good shit Revs, I have been thinking about this all day long, really brought attention to what is going on around me.

Please login first to reply.