Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
December 15, 2012 @ 03:20 AM
King Louis XIV

Please fix hypebeast.

It is legal because I wish it.

King Louis XIV

double. Please fix hypebeast.

King Louis XIV

Triple. Please fix hypebeast.

December 15, 2012 @ 03:22 AM
Iggle

its too late to make gun laws stricter in US. Yall keep comparing to other countries that have strict gun laws or dont allow citizens to carry, but when was the last time those countries allowed those citizens to carry guns or let citizens have easy access to guns ? Decades ago when was already hard to get. So its way easier to have control over that.. Not only that but even if dude didnt have guns he prob would have still killed those kids. If he made a bomb of some sort the death toll prob would be higher.
I think the best and quickest solution would be to up security in all high traffic public areas.Everything from schools and parks to sporting arenas and grocery stores. Like guns, it would be impossible to control and monitor sick people.
Stricter gun laws in US now wont even put a dent in shootings imo..Maybe if they had in the 70's or earlier it would have been better but now guns are everywhere and even with strict gun laws it wouldn't be too hard to get 1.
Dont get me wrong they should make the law more strict but I wouldn't expect to see any real difference
this is so fucking stupid. so what if there isn't an immediate impact? make changes now so future generations won't have to go through this. obviously that won't eliminate all gun violence, but if you make guns harder to obtain, there's going to be a decline in the violence. bombs can cause a lot more damage and death. you know why niggas like this don't go blowing up schools instead? cause it's pretty damn hard to go and buy a bomb.

and schools can barely afford to pay their own teachers. you got public schools cutting programs left and right. schools taking random days off cause they can't afford to pay their teachers. how you going to afford increasing security in every school? how you going to find enough cops to patrol every school?

#pedogangweindis

December 15, 2012 @ 03:34 AM
dinkleberg

im glad hb is actually having a conversation on a debatable issue, all trolling aside. nevertheless, these victims will always be remembered... bless em
December 15, 2012 @ 03:34 AM
snapper pow

its too late to make gun laws stricter in US. Yall keep comparing to other countries that have strict gun laws or dont allow citizens to carry, but when was the last time those countries allowed those citizens to carry guns or let citizens have easy access to guns ? Decades ago when was already hard to get. So its way easier to have control over that.. Not only that but even if dude didnt have guns he prob would have still killed those kids. If he made a bomb of some sort the death toll prob would be higher.
I think the best and quickest solution would be to up security in all high traffic public areas.Everything from schools and parks to sporting arenas and grocery stores. Like guns, it would be impossible to control and monitor sick people.
Stricter gun laws in US now wont even put a dent in shootings imo..Maybe if they had in the 70's or earlier it would have been better but now guns are everywhere and even with strict gun laws it wouldn't be too hard to get 1.
Dont get me wrong they should make the law more strict but I wouldn't expect to see any real difference
this is so fucking stupid. so what if there isn't an immediate impact? make changes now so future generations won't have to go through this. obviously that won't eliminate all gun violence, but if you make guns harder to obtain, there's going to be a decline in the violence. bombs can cause a lot more damage and death. you know why niggas like this don't go blowing up schools instead? cause it's pretty damn hard to go and buy a bomb.

and schools can barely afford to pay their own teachers. you got public schools cutting programs left and right. schools taking random days off cause they can't afford to pay their teachers. how you going to afford increasing security in every school? how you going to find enough cops to patrol every school?
nigga how hard is it to make a bomb these days?? columbine used pipe bombs n shit and converted a grill gas tank into a huge explosive, which luckily didn't blow up. just think of how much more info is out on the web since 1999 too... silk road n shit, denying citizen guns will do nothing, if you want them you can get them.

haven't you learned prohibition never works?? we should be more concerned about stopping the MOTIVE. ie the fame they get from the media, mental illness, etc.
December 15, 2012 @ 03:40 AM
TASK

-Chicago has some of the most strictest gun/weapon control
laws in the nation yet the crime rate has not fallen in the last 10
years.
December 15, 2012 @ 03:40 AM
dmwalking

I been saying this for so long, but we need to take guns away from civilians.

The 2nd amendment DOES NOT state that any civilian can carry fire arms

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Notice how it says a WELL REGULATED MILITIA. Not any fucking citizen.
Oh boy more idiots.  Yes, since a well regulated militia is necessary to protect our freedoms our right to have guns should never be infringed.. Prior to the revolutionary war, were there militias? No. Had they no had guns, coul they have successfully revolted? No. So the law is to ensure our right to bear arms is never infringed in the event that we might have to form well regulated militias to defend our freedoms. 

You're welcome.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

December 15, 2012 @ 03:41 AM
dmwalking

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Oh boy more idiots.  Yes, since a well regulated militia is necessary to protect our freedoms our right to have guns should never be infringed.. Prior to the revolutionary war, were there militias? No. Had they no had guns, coul they have successfully revolted? No. So the law is to ensure our right to bear arms is never infringed in the event that we might have to form well regulated militias to defend our freedoms. 

You're welcome.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

December 15, 2012 @ 03:44 AM
Beach2theBay

I'm watching a stream of Power 106 FM's concert and Cash Out said "lets have a moment of silence for the people in Connecticut one time." After that the dj starting playing Cash Out and the first lyric is "I'm ridin 'round with that nina." Awesome.
December 15, 2012 @ 03:45 AM
dmwalking

Gun laws. 
Yea, the gun got up and decided to go shoot people.

Yea but the person picked up a gun and killed 20+

People who say "gun laws dont need to be more stricter" are retarded. Seriously.

If dude tried this with a knife there would be a lot less deaths and injuries. 

Gun laws need to be tighter.
Gun laws should be tighter in preventing them from getting into the wrong hands, sure. But the gun is not the culprit. The person is. He could've used poison. A bow and arrow. A home made suicide bomb. A lot of things. Killers will find things to kill with. Can't blame guns. 

December 15, 2012 @ 03:51 AM
dmwalking

Too much to respond to. Smh. Connecticut has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation and this still happened. This isn't about guns or race. It's about mental health. 

Americans are getting crazier and we should be asking why. We shouldn't be so shortsighted and blame guns. All that will happen is guys will start doing Oklahoma bombings instead. Killers will kill. Can't just go around anything with deadly potential.

December 15, 2012 @ 04:03 AM
thatniggatho

And so it begins.
December 15, 2012 @ 04:10 AM
TASK

"authorities recovered two 9mm handguns from the scene: one a Glock and the other a SIG Sauer.[2][11] A .223 caliber rifle manufactured by Bushmaster Firearms International was found in the back of a car in the parking lot, but was not used at the school.[2] The guns were owned by and legally registered to the suspect's mother.[12]
Neither handgun would have been legal for the gunman to obtain, or
possess in Connecticut at the time of the incident, as he was under
21 years of age"
December 15, 2012 @ 04:15 AM
It's Only Hype

lol one of my australian friends has the EXACT same attitude as this guy towards guns. He has his panties in a massive bunch that I own firearms. I have tried to explain to him in a logical manner many times that guns =/= violence, that bad people + guns = violence.

He will never undestand because he is a stupid fucking australian and a descendant of a convict.
theirs bad people here to, they dont have guns though. im safe. have fun in your hole of a country though bruh

but guns aren't banned in Australia .. ?? Am I wrong?
December 15, 2012 @ 04:16 AM
thatniggatho

A .223 caliber rifle manufactured by Bushmaster Firearms International was found in the back of a car in the parking lot, but was not used at the school.[2] 
but was not used at the school.[2] 

So much for being alarmed about assault rifles.. Again, handguns are far more deadly as they can be concealed.. 
Logic and understanding are lost on most though .. Thanks for that info TASK. If anything its gone to show me the profound amount of ignorance that exists in this country and world.
December 15, 2012 @ 04:20 AM
thatniggatho

lol one of my australian friends has the EXACT same attitude as this guy towards guns. He has his panties in a massive bunch that I own firearms. I have tried to explain to him in a logical manner many times that guns =/= violence, that bad people + guns = violence.

He will never undestand because he is a stupid fucking australian and a descendant of a convict.
theirs bad people here to, they dont have guns though. im safe. have fun in your hole of a country though bruh

but guns aren't banned in Australia .. ?? Am I wrong?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Australia
Nope. They're not... Currently, about 5.2% of Australian adults (765,000 people)[1] own and use firearms for purposes such as hunting, controlling feral animals, collecting, and target shooting.

What about the netherlands 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13024785
A gunman in the Netherlands has killed six people and wounded at least 11 before taking his own life.

Norway?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Norway
ns are allowed to keep firearms (normally for hunting and sports shooting). The acquisition and storage of guns is regulated by the state.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Norway_attacks

The first was a car bomb explosion in Oslo within Regjeringskvartalet, the executive government quarter of Norway, at 15:25:22 (CEST).[1] The bomb was made from a mixture of fertiliser and fuel oil[11][12] and placed in the back of a car.[13]

A gunman dressed in a homemade police uniform and showing false identification[15][16] gained access to the island and subsequently opened fire at the participants, killing 69 of them,[5][6] and injuring at least 110, 55 of them seriously;[9][10] the 69th victim died in a hospital two days after the massacre.[7] Among the dead were personal friends of Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg and the stepbrother of Norway's crown princess Mette-Marit.[17]

Yep, It's all about those restrictive gun laws. Take the guns away and psychos can't attack...
P.S - this was the aftermath of the car bomb .. I'm thinking people haven't really thought about what a psycho killer would do if they couldn't get their hands on a gun..  Here's a preview : 

^ The 2011 norway attacks .. carried out by one enraged psycho. 
December 15, 2012 @ 04:22 AM
ThugBear Numba6

suspended

White people
December 15, 2012 @ 04:27 AM
Replicant

December 15, 2012 @ 04:33 AM
chief

double post

•••

December 15, 2012 @ 04:50 AM
chief

this is the guy

lmao looks like the one guy from smosh

•••

December 15, 2012 @ 04:50 AM
brannen

lol at the media initially having the wrong suspect
December 15, 2012 @ 04:51 AM
dinkleberg

i dont know about you guys, but this news really just hit me right now. makes me really sad and bummed out... 20 children killed... all for what? no intentions, no developed conscious and havent even lived for a decade... i dont know how it feels for these children's parents, but i will probably never be able to understand the sorrow that comes from this tragic event. it sucks man it really does. 
December 15, 2012 @ 05:06 AM
BuddyOmar

You have to consider the time in which this was written. Back then firearms were slow-loaded, single shot weapons. The Founders didn't foresee there would be semi-automatic handguns with 15 round magazines, or high-powered assault rifles with a 30 round clip and high fire rate. 

The purpose of the 2nd amendment is so that citzens in this country can arm themselves in the event of a tyrannical takeover, and to ensure that the government is indeed fearful of its citzens. You also have to remember the context of their words. Back then, our Continental Army was made of plenty of civilians, so the idea is that in an emergency, the common man would have the ability to band together and protect the country if need be.

It also allowed for sportsman and regular citizens alike to arm their homesteads to defend against threats. 

You're also over looking a key part: "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

WE the people are this proverbial militia. You, me, and everyone else are counted upon to safeguard the country in an emergency, and that's why it's important that upstanding, able-bodied and clear-thinking individuals should be allowed to legally own firearms.

Back when the Soviets invaded Finland, the first thing they tried to do was make every citizen in the country turn in their weapons as soon as they occupied the country. I am not some patriotic whackjob, but you have to understand the power that a weapon wields.

If you deny law-abiding citzens the right to defend themselves, you're instead arming a horde of criminals and violent sociopaths. These people WILL get guns no matter what, so making it harder on people like myself to defend ourselves is just illogical.

I own a firearm for the sole purpose of home defense, and regardless of how other's choose to misuse them, I do not think people like me should be subject to over-reactive punitive measures such as the ones you're suggesting. 
Educate em Omar'. He seems to have missed a lesson in history class.. Or maybe its that he didn't extract true understanding from the information he can regurgitate.

I been reading the past couple posts and you really need to step down. I don't talk about things I know nothing about, neither should you.

Omar, you got some things right but you got a couple things wrong about his history. First thing, each state/colony had their own mini militia that were trained soldiers. It was these soldiers that formed the Continental Army along with a couple citizens-turned-soldiers.

Second, the Bill of Rights was really only created to persuade the states/Anti-Federalist to to agree to the formation of the United States and the Constitution. This means that the 2nd Amendment along with the rest of the Bill of Rights was really only created as a pulling factor. The right to bear arms was just a perk of being a part of the Union, basically. 

Third, there are many debates about the meaning of the 2nd Amendment. But here's the truth. When the constitution says "Well regulated militia" yes, they do mean the citizens... kinda. A militia was kinda what the Continental Army was. Militia =/= Any Citizen. A Militia is a body of Citizens enrolled for military service during state of emergency. Note the word "military."

Militia are different from professional soldiers, but they are not the same as citizens. A militia is organized, supported and led by a leader. This does not mean any citizen can go out, purchase a firearm, and say they are a part of a militia. Of course, the 2nd Amendment has been interpreted very loosely which is why these days, anyone can purchase a firearm.

Lastly, yea you are correct that the Founding Fathers didn't foresee the advancement of technology with machine guns, etc. Then don't you think that the 2nd Amendment should be taken more seriously? Now that firearms are even more deadly, I believe the government should really regulate gun laws.  
I smell what you're saying about a militia but really it comes down to semantics, same with the 2nd amendment. Who made up the continental army? Think about it. Most of those men were not trained soldiers, sure they were technically "soldiers" but these were literally regular citizens for the most part that volunteered.

And as far as to the motive behind why they added it to the Bill of Rights it doesn't matter, the English have recognized for centuries before the colonies the importance of a well-armed populace to deter a tyrannical government and to make sure citizens could defend themselves against invaders. Sure, there was certainly a motive for the Federalists to concede and appease their counterparts, but you have to go back deeper in history. The notion of a "right to bear arms" is something that predates the colonies and revolutionary war altogether.

By the letter of the law these were commissioned infantryman, but these were green, untrained, inexperienced men for the most part with little training. People love to bring up the militia line to detract the rest of the statement but as you concede, the amendment is extremely vague and open to interpretation, but regardless, it's irrelevant.

Rather than debating semantics, however, I'd rather talk about the issue at hand.

Of course, I'm for regulating guns, but "regulate" is a vague term.  I think there needs to be more thorough background checks, but it seems as if people want guns completely banned. The latter is not going to solve the problem. People are ignoring that the majority of the people committing crimes like these are suffering mental illnesses and rather than focusing on how we can identify warning signs earlier on, thinking of better ways of helping these kids rather than over medicating them, etc., people want to try and "fix" the problem overnight by banning guns.

So instead of a kid killing his classmates with a handgun he took from his dad's closet, he's going to kill someone with a gun he bought illegally from a "gun dealer." 

The reality is nobody gives a fuck about anyone else until shit happens. Right now, there's probably thousands of kids all over the country right now with the same mental issues this kid had and noone they're continuing to be ignored. Right now the anti-gun lobbies and gun lobbies alike are going to be clawing at each other's throats over an irrelevant issue instead of working out a plan to fix this problem in the long term. 

If this was some utopian dream world where we could magically snap our fingers and remove guns altogether, sure I'm all for it, but that's impossible. There's always going to be some psycho with access to weaponry and rather than castrating people who have a right to defend themselves, I say we focus on the real issues at hand which is treating people with mental disorders and working out a plan that enhances responsible gun ownership rather than crippling it. 

We need better gun education, we need mandatory safety courses, and we need to increase awareness. Our society is so enamored with violence but ironically most of the people living here have probably never fired a gun in their life or know how to properly handle one outside of Call of Duty. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

December 15, 2012 @ 05:21 AM
thatniggatho

The reality is nobody gives a fuck about anyone else until shit happens. Right now, there's probably thousands of kids all over the country right now with the same mental issues this kid had and noone they're continuing to be ignored. Right now the anti-gun lobbies and gun lobbies alike are going to be clawing at each other's throats over an irrelevant issue instead of working out a plan to fix this problem in the long term. 

If this was some utopian dream world where we could magically snap our fingers and remove guns altogether, sure I'm all for it, but that's impossible. There's always going to be some psycho with access to weaponry and rather than castrating people who have a right to defend themselves, I say we focus on the real issues at hand which is treating people with mental disorders and working out a plan that enhances responsible gun ownership rather than crippling it. 

We need better gun education, we need mandatory safety courses, and we need to increase awareness. Our society is so enamored with violence but ironically most of the people living here have probably never fired a gun in their life or know how to properly handle one outside of Call of Duty. 
Pure truth. The reason real solutions aren't pursued though is because most people care about money more. We haven't solved lots of problems in this country namely because people profit most by it be broken/fixed half ass.. Drug war.. healthcare costs .. crime.. obesity.. you name it. More people die from prescription drugs than illegal drugs today.. 

With that being said, sadly its not going to change. People get the govt. they deserve .. Our general population is messed up.. and thus, so is our govt... the so called people that are tasked with watching over this country.. It's a wrap b' which is why so many people who are informed are getting strapped ..I invested in Smith and Wesson's stock and that sh*t's been soaring ..http://www.google.com/finance?cid=664700  and that goes right on back to the historical reasons why.. I really wish this country would heal itself and cut out the b.s .. But look at an incident like this. A perfect time to reflect and think real hard about what ails this country and instead people want to play politics, talk about rifles that weren't even used, and talking about idiotic things other than the root cause. Smfh
December 15, 2012 @ 05:24 AM
Vicinal

It's sad that when all the news coverage is over, everyone will forget about all this...
December 15, 2012 @ 05:28 AM
vasquiat

Dang I feel ashamed to be a human today
December 15, 2012 @ 05:31 AM
ellol

I think it is the mental illness the guy had, rather than the gun. The human mind is the largest weapon, and it always will be.
December 15, 2012 @ 06:39 AM
bjornvan

1.Making guns hard to get now would be pointless. There are million of millions of guns already in the streets. Only reason people buy guns from legit dealers instead off the street is because they are legal.Make guns illegal today people are just gonna buy off the streets and will be that way for years.2.Who said anything about buying bombs?You can google how ...
3.The schools wont be paying for security it would be paid for by nat. defense im guessing would be the smart thing,..
is what I said really dumb or did you just read the first sentence and didnt comprehend the rest?
Im not denying there will be a decline in violence but it would be .000% decline.
So once again yes they should make guns harder to obtain but dont expect a noticable decline in GUN violence any time soon.

Some people like to look at other bad situations or be optimistic to deal with grief.But for some that shit dont work and instead make you feel worse. @Thatniggatho so chill with that "this happens often" shit.. 
And smh @4chan.. I guess I understand because I can remember when 9/11 happened, I was young and if 4chan was around I would prob make a joke about it back then (more than likely not because my mom raised me with sense). If you over the age of 16 and find that shit remotely funny you need a life. Cave dwelling makes you numb to stuff like this and thats not a good thing
December 15, 2012 @ 06:52 AM
bjornvan

extra postcount week on HB

Please login first to reply.