December 7, 2012 @ 12:12 AM
.jpg

Seriously, HB is on the way to being extinct.<br><br>The only thing keeping this forum alive is the Supreme thread. We're just watering a dying flower.<br><br>When's the last time you saw a thread in Off Topic where people actually had real topics that was WORTH posting in?<br><br>Now it's a bunch of trolls (I admit, I added some) just posting USELESS THREADS.<br><br>Ex. John Lamone or whatever his name his.<br><br>Mods, please clean this up. Start with banning John Lamone.<br><br>Also, people need to stop making useless threads but rather threads where the community can actually join in on a conversation that is worth talking about.<br><br>The WDYWT can be good if it wasn't for a bunch of losers just flaming each other.&nbsp;<br>They don't even flame the outfit.<br><br>If the community and the mods don't do something about this soon, then HB is gonna face it's doom.<br><br>Also, PLEASE close registrations and start giving out bans and suspensions more. That way, people will actually think twice before posting something stupid.<br><br>Opinions on this? Serious answers only, please. HB is a damn mess right now.<br>
December 7, 2012 @ 12:14 AM
CrackPipeLips

Thank faggots like london and bloodclub for ruining HB
December 7, 2012 @ 12:15 AM
DStyles

HypeBeezy been dead for a while. Shit ain't new. Nikkas are migrating to the Coli 

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

December 7, 2012 @ 12:24 AM
jaded

There's really nothing we can do as mods to turn things around. There's a few of us and hundreds of you. A forum thrives or dies based on what its members contribute. Unfortunately, we seem to be in a phase where trolling has become more popular than contributing something positive to this place. I have seen a forum fail because of how it was operated, but I don't think Hypebeast is failing because of how it is run. It is failing because its members would rather create a negative environment than a positive one. Obviously I am painting this subject with a broad brush and my feelings don't include each and every one of you, but I think it's safe to say that trolls make up a majority of the current active posters.

If you can't ask a question in the Supreme thread without getting flamed then why would you? if you can't post a serious thread in Off-Topic without it getting nothing but troll responses then why would you? It's really a lose/lose situation for mods because if we ban people for troll responses, we're the bad guys that are ruining HB with our power trips, and if we are lax about it and only ban members in extreme cases, then we are ruining HB by allowing too much trolling.

If you guys want this forum to be a good place to hang out and communicate with one another, then you have to make it that kind of place. If it's a hostile place where you can't get questions answered, can't get constructive criticism on your fits, can't post serious topics without getting trolled, etc. then the member base will slowly dwindle down until there's nothing left.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

December 7, 2012 @ 12:27 AM
DStyles

Trolls are an essential part of forums.

You can't have a forum w/o trolls.

That's like eating a hamburger with no cheese.

December 7, 2012 @ 12:32 AM
E Styles

Off topic is OD trolling/negativity though
December 7, 2012 @ 12:33 AM
.jpg

Trolls are an essential part of forums.

You can't have a forum w/o trolls.

That's like eating a hamburger with no cheese.

But you have to admit that HB has TOO many trolls. About 80% of members who post regularly are trolls.
December 7, 2012 @ 12:34 AM
Bet

Anyone uses the word yvnggavvd or frail ban em
December 7, 2012 @ 12:37 AM
E Styles

DStyles may not reach 10k posts before the death of hypebeast 
December 7, 2012 @ 12:39 AM
jaded

Trolls are an essential part of forums.You can't have a forum w/o trolls.That's like eating a hamburger with no cheese.
I agree 100%, but when trolls make up the majority of active posters, it's a problem. We've both been around long enough to remember the days when you could post a bad fit in the WDYWT Chat Thread and get constructive criticism. There was a time when people here wanted to help, they wanted that kind of community. God help anyone who posts a bad fit in that thread these days, assuming the fit posted is actually something the user is wearing, and not some pic they pulled from the internet to troll with. I don't see any reason why HB can't return to how it was, but it's a group effort. Mods can't turn this place around on their own. I think anyone who has communicated with me privately knows that I do everything I can to help and keep a good relationship with other members and report any site problems to Drew and Warren. I would like to see this forum last and I'd like to see it be a great community again, but the users have to want that as well, otherwise it will never happen.

December 7, 2012 @ 12:46 AM
AndreLutherKing

I think one of the problems with the trolls are they are dedicated solely to being a troll. I might troll on occasion but I don't make it my mission to troll every post

Chicks barely dancin, glancin every chance they get, like - oh shit, he's so HANSUM

December 7, 2012 @ 12:48 AM
bugzzz

suspended

i think this &quot;HB is dyin&quot; thing is gettin servely exagerated. i mean yeh theres maybe a cpl trolls too many, but thats wut makes the modern HB wut it is. jus niggas tryin to out-ether each other. and idk bout u, but i find it funny as fuck.

if u wanna make serious topics make serious topics niggas will contribute, but dun tryna act like u aint died during the multiple ethers of 2012.

boland, wehatelondon(tho i be skippin his and cracks bak-n-forths lately), D Styles etc.
shit even Jaded himself whos a mod.

all these niggas made 2012(the year of the Ether) a great HB yr. the only niggas i see complainin is the old cats rly but thats jus normal, thats how life b. in 2-3 yrs i mite come bak sayin HB fell off too. its jus generations clashing.

basically wut im tryna say is fuck Chino XL
December 7, 2012 @ 12:49 AM
thenorthside

HB can get back to where it was, but you know that a number of dudes need to get cut. Trolls have always been an essential part of HB (s/o subp, db_cooper, dstyles, etc.), but they never went over the line where each post came down to throwing racial slurs at dudes, etc. 
Mods used to exercise their power when it was needed back in the day, and it is needed now (not just talking about single day suspensions)

9 to 5 is how to survive, i ain't tryin' to survive. i'm tryin' to live it to the limit and love it a lot

December 7, 2012 @ 12:50 AM
DStyles

I never posted in those kind of threads or other sub forums dealing with fashion. To be honest I have no idea how I got here because I was never into supreme or any of that skinny jean/hipster shit. I still wear ecko, rocawear, akademiks, g-unit but seeing that we're talking about fashion, that's the sole reason why this forum is dying. This forum is solely based on that new streetwear fashion, skinny jeans/supreme and what not. A forum like that ain't gonna last. Different fashion styles come and go. What will be of HypeBeezy when nikkas ain't rocking supreme anymo' and can cop a supreme hoodie at Marshalls for $30? Even ISS is dying.

The Coli has a strong following at the moment because it deals with two subjects that will never fade, sports and music.

Yall can catch DSteezy at the Coli 

December 7, 2012 @ 12:53 AM
CrackPipeLips

HB can get back to where it was, but you know that a number of dudes need to get cut. Trolls have always been an essential part of HB (s/o subp, db_cooper, dstyles, etc.), but they never went over the line where each post came down to throwing racial slurs at dudes, etc. 

Mods used to exercise their power when it was needed back in the day, and it is needed now (not just talking about single day suspensions)

lol weren't you the kid who used to go back and forth with ronnell over who had more money? That was either you or livestok i cant remember. either way you are part of the problem
December 7, 2012 @ 12:54 AM
bugzzz

suspended

I agree 100%, but when trolls make up the majority of active posters, it's a problem. We've both been around long enough to remember the days when you could post a bad fit in the WDYWT Chat Thread and get constructive criticism. There was a time when people here wanted to help, they wanted that kind of community. God help anyone who posts a bad fit in that thread these days, assuming the fit posted is actually something the user is wearing, and not some pic they pulled from the internet to troll with. I don't see any reason why HB can't return to how it was, but it's a group effort. Mods can't turn this place around on their own. I think anyone who has communicated with me privately knows that I do everything I can to help and keep a good relationship with other members and report problems any site problems to Drew and Warren. I would like to see this forum last and I'd like to see it be a great community again, but the users have to want that as well, otherwise it will never happen.
u niggas wildin for real. The WDYWT roasting is one of the best things in this forum. and tbh, i dont ever remember a time when niggas consistantly got constructive criticism for their fits. maybe bak in 2006 when the internet wuz still frail, but i been lurking/occasionaly postin since 08 and the WDYWT thread has always been the same. except u can argue back then niggas fits wuz better(which i personally believe is not true).
December 7, 2012 @ 12:58 AM
jaded

The WDYWT Chat Thread is one example, but it's certainly not the only problem. If you really have been fairly active on this site since 2008, like myself, then you should not have any trouble remembering a time when people could get constructive criticism in that thread, and would come back for more. Obviously there was some flaming back then, but it was not even close to what it is today. Back then, I would go as far as to say constructive criticism outweighed the flaming, whereas today it's the exact opposite.

This is not a situation where I'm saying &quot;all trolls must go&quot; or banning anyone who trolls. All I'm saying is if the users want this place to be a better community, then they have to contribute to it in a positive way. There will always be trolls, but as I said before, when trolls make up the majority of active posters, it's a problem. This place can be as funny/helpful/interesting/etc. of a community as the users want it to be without being anywhere near as obnoxious as it currently is.

December 7, 2012 @ 01:01 AM
CrackPipeLips

i will come forth and admit i have been part of the problem.. I apologize to the peaceful niggas who come here to chill. i dont apologize to the fuck boys like london and such who are equally to blame for most of the shit.
December 7, 2012 @ 01:03 AM
dinkleberg

ive been contributing some worthy stuff, but we live in a world where entertainment is valued more than educating others
December 7, 2012 @ 01:03 AM
bugzzz

suspended

The WDYWT Chat Thread is one example, but it's certainly not the only problem. If you really have been fairly active on this site since 2008, like myself, then you should not have any trouble remembering a time when people could get constructive criticism in that thread, and would come back for more. Obviously there was some flaming back then, but it was not even close to what it is today. Back then, I would go as far as to say constructive criticism outweighed the flaming, whereas today it's the exact opposite.

dude remember why they put the &quot;no flaming&quot; in the title in the first place? cuz shit wuz too crazy. dun make me dig up threads bruh. the mods used to go on post deleting rampages weekly and shit.

and tbh ppl be flaming shit fits a lot but they still give constructive cristicism. most bad fits get critiqued on why theyre bad etc. and how to make em better. thats a fact. u niggas jus like to overamplify.
December 7, 2012 @ 01:05 AM
DStyles

lol at critiquing fits.

December 7, 2012 @ 01:06 AM
Bet

What quality does London add to these forums...
December 7, 2012 @ 01:07 AM
jaded

How about you guys actually have rules and IMPOSE them on users? such as suspensions.I messaged you and drew in like july/august, and i proposed several rules to him ,and a system. I never got a reply from drew, you sent me to him.Recruit more mods. I know a great way to find good ones, and to even test their loyalty.
Suspensions are used, but a person who is intent on trolling is not going to be deterred by a 5 hour suspension, a 10 hour suspension, etc. and a permanent ban is generally reserved for extreme cases. Even then, someone who is intent on being a problem for the site will find a way to return.

I sent you to Drew because he is the administrator for the site, please don't think I was just ignoring your suggestions. I make an effort to respond to everyone who PM's me as soon as I possibly can. I'm not in a position where I can make rules, so I had you contact the person who handles that stuff for the site and is in contact with Kevin and the rest of the Hypebeast guys.

December 7, 2012 @ 01:11 AM
jaded

dude remember why they put the &quot;no flaming&quot; in the title in the first place? cuz shit wuz too crazy. dun make me dig up threads bruh. the mods used to go on post deleting rampages weekly and shit.and tbh ppl be flaming shit fits a lot but they still give constructive cristicism. most bad fits get critiqued on why theyre bad etc. and how to make em better. thats a fact. u niggas jus like to overamplify.
I don't think I &quot;overamplify&quot; anything. As I said, the WDYWT Chat Thread is a small part of a much larger problem. If my opinion on that thread bothers you, then pick any one of the other threads that have been mentioned where trolling outweighs anything constructive. All I'm doing is offering my opinion on the problems being addressed in this thread, you are certainly entitled to disagree with it, but please don't try and discredit what I'm saying by focusing on such a small part of the problem.

December 7, 2012 @ 01:18 AM
bonemarrow

Time and time again people say HB is going to die but yet it continues to prosper and grow. Because truely Hypebeast played a major part in 3rd wave of streetwear

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

December 7, 2012 @ 01:18 AM
damnwitless1

Honestly i think its just oversaturation. Hb as a brand has been getting progressively bigger this whole time and attracting way more attention as a result. Back in the day it really was a certain type of dude postin on here but ever since the whole OF hype essentially let the cat out of the bag the flood gates just opened and all types of clowns just started coming out the woodwork.

Niggas thought fearitself was some epicly hilarious shit at the time but now you see that sort of shit ever day, not to mention how engrained the standard of style has become on here so dudes just come on here dressed like dickheads until they get bullied into conforming to whatever the peanut gallery tells them.

Idk, i still got mad love for HB but i totally understand why so many niggas who actually have something to contribute dont even bother wasting their time or energy. Doesnt seem to be much to do about it tho, its just the ebb and flow, either accept it or leave

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

December 7, 2012 @ 01:23 AM
.jpg

u niggas wildin for real. The WDYWT roasting is one of the best things in this forum. and tbh, i dont ever remember a time when niggas consistantly got constructive criticism for their fits. maybe bak in 2006 when the internet wuz still frail, but i been lurking/occasionaly postin since 08 and the WDYWT thread has always been the same. except u can argue back then niggas fits wuz better(which i personally believe is not true).
Oh gosh. Join date: 2012 and says he doesn't remember when __________
Then he goes to say he's been &quot;lurking.&quot;

WE DONT BELIEVE YOU, YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE!
December 7, 2012 @ 01:23 AM
Otacon

wow i was just about to make a HB appreciation thread too
December 7, 2012 @ 01:25 AM
AndreLutherKing

Also I want it noted that this type of thread has been started atleast 5 times since I've joined &amp; I doubt it wasn't like this before. 

Chicks barely dancin, glancin every chance they get, like - oh shit, he's so HANSUM

December 7, 2012 @ 01:28 AM
bugzzz

suspended

Oh gosh. Join date: 2012 and says he doesn't remember when __________

Then he goes to say he's been &quot;lurking.&quot;WE DONT BELIEVE YOU, YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE!
how bout u believe deez nuts nigga

Please login first to reply.