Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
December 3, 2012 @ 03:22 AM
vasquiat

@D I interned at an oiling company over the summer filing papers and crap, but there was this guy there who was a geologist, fresh out of college, making 100k+ a year. I guess it all depends where you get hired
December 3, 2012 @ 03:32 AM
REVS

any1 else doing nursing

I'm guessing you're a dude, my buddy's goes to school for nursing too, might seem weird to some people or gay for a man to become a nurse, but I just gotta give you props, it's a growing and in-need job, and my friends basically set for working at UPMC in Pittsburgh after he graduates in a year. So again, props for studying that major.

And am I the only one that feels like if you aren't going for medicine/law/engineering/business it's almost pointless going to college?

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

December 3, 2012 @ 03:46 AM
D

@soul rize you mean intermediate 2, just so you know it doesn't get easier after that. i ain't saying i was expecting a walk in the park but its just depressing to do

@vasquiat you will most likely starve with a geology degree too lol
dam b where u working at lmao... i'm headed towards KPMG. i been to pwc and they are artificial i can see how thats sad. idk about the other tho.

Nah b I switched my major, I'm currently working at Penske Truck Leasing while I finish my senior year then transferring over to Penske Logistics.

@D I interned at an oiling company over the summer filing papers and crap, but there was this guy there who was a geologist, fresh out of college, making 100k+ a year. I guess it all depends where you get hired

True, I didn't realize you can go into the oiling industry with a geology degree making mad money.
December 3, 2012 @ 03:55 AM
backlikethat

any1 else doing nursing

I'm guessing you're a dude, my buddy's goes to school for nursing too, might seem weird to some people or gay for a man to become a nurse, but I just gotta give you props, it's a growing and in-need job, and my friends basically set for working at UPMC in Pittsburgh after he graduates in a year. So again, props for studying that major.

And am I the only one that feels like if you aren't going for medicine/law/engineering/business it's almost pointless going to college?

I thought male nurses were common? I know plenty of male nurses. I guess it depends on where you live.
And nope for the question. More than half the people that gets a BA dont even have a job or career that had anything to do with their major.

All employers want is a piece of paper saying you went to college.
December 3, 2012 @ 04:01 AM
Jamie Dimon

It all depends on the person. While it's true some majors have better income and more job opportunities, it doesn't guarantee you anything.

There's stories of liberal arts majors ending up at Starbucks or dead end jobs etc but I think those people just didn't make use of their time correctly. If they took internships during summers, there's no reason why they wouldn't get hired in something related to their major. To be honest, I don't even think there's dead end jobs, but there are dead end mentalities

Internships are important for all students but especially for Finance/Accounting majors wanting to work at a BB or Big 4. Nowadays BB and Big 4 recruit almost all their entry levels straight from their summer class so if you want a job at a certain company, aim to get an internship there summer after junior year or chances of you getting a job there will be severely reduced.

You listed law in there and I can tell you right now there are too many lawyers walking around and not enough people willing to pay for one. Even if you go to a T14 there's no guarantee you can land a job. For medicine, I wouldn't recommend someone going to med school unless they actually want to, It takes 4 years of undergrad with heavy coursework in the sciences and then more years in med school and you might not even make it in the end. All that loans and debt pile up. Most doctors don't start making real money until like late 20s/early 30s and it will take a while to pay back loans.

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

December 3, 2012 @ 04:08 AM
tmwtg

any1 else doing nursing

Essentially, yes.

I just dislike how college grads bitch about not being able to find a job. Who told them to be a Art History major, etc.?
December 3, 2012 @ 04:12 AM
RiFF RaFF

any1 else doing nursing

no science majors for the most part make a decent living and also if you major in art/ history you can always become a teacher.

college should be about you pursuing something you love, and if you really love what you do you'll find a job and make money.

Be about it

December 3, 2012 @ 04:15 AM
.kciN

It all depends on the person. While it's true some majors have better income and more job opportunities, it doesn't guarantee you anything.

There's stories of liberal arts majors ending up at Starbucks or dead end jobs etc but I think those people just didn't make use of their time correctly. If they took internships during summers, there's no reason why they wouldn't get hired in something related to their major. To be honest, I don't even think there's dead end jobs, but there are dead end mentalities

Internships are important for all students but especially for Finance/Accounting majors wanting to work at a BB or Big 4. Nowadays BB and Big 4 recruit almost all their entry levels straight from their summer class so if you want a job at a certain company, aim to get an internship there summer after junior year or chances of you getting a job there will be severely reduced.

You listed law in there and I can tell you right now there are too many lawyers walking around and not enough people willing to pay for one. Even if you go to a T14 there's no guarantee you can land a job. For medicine, I wouldn't recommend someone going to med school unless they actually want to, It takes 4 years of undergrad with heavy coursework in the sciences and then more years in med school and you might not even make it in the end. All that loans and debt pile up. Most doctors don't start making real money until like late 20s/early 30s and it will take a while to pay back loans.

QFT

any1 else doing nursing

Ayo nursing is piff for so many reasons cool cool cool I was studying physiotherapy but after taking up some part-time work in a hospital as a health care assistant (aka nurse's bitch), I realized that being a nurse is a worthwhile job with heaps of variety - you can pretty much work anywhere in the world with it. As such I've transferred into nursing for this coming semester. Although it is true that some small minded people still hold the old world view that all nurses are female and those that aren't are gay, us straight male nursing students are laughing all the way to the bank, a guy:girl ratio of literally 3:150 and a practically guaranteed job (male nurses are generally highly sought after due to the fact there's not a great number of them) with lots of different opportunities and career choice pathways, I'm interested in mental health nursing myself.
December 3, 2012 @ 04:51 AM
unoedoe

social scii
December 3, 2012 @ 05:21 AM
Backspace

Industrial Design (more specifically Transportation Design)
December 3, 2012 @ 06:49 AM
Lukulele

film production

stay pau

December 3, 2012 @ 06:53 AM
trolos714

Health Care Administration

HB 325 PostHardcore/Metalcore/MelodicHardcore/Punk/PopPunk/ Skacore

December 3, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
Black Jew

QUOTE Originally posted by Backspace

Industrial Design (more specifically Transportation Design)

you go to art center?
December 3, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
powerball

business with concentration in valuations and investments in finance
December 3, 2012 @ 07:08 AM
Black Jew

damn, Even the quoting is fucked up now. 
suprised
December 3, 2012 @ 07:16 AM
JohnyCash_

If you are lost and have no idea what you should do. Go with business, you can't go wrong since it applies to everything in life. Whether your a nurse, teacher, police etc. You need to know how to manage systems and money.  Just make sure you go to rate my professor and get a teacher who is actually into teaching with a business background. Or else you will hate it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTNWBzHJ0Zg

Revive Brand Co: www.revivebrandco.com

December 3, 2012 @ 08:06 AM
musubigoods

Sociology 
December 3, 2012 @ 08:21 AM
_____

Electrical Engineering / Computer Science
December 3, 2012 @ 10:41 AM
petrol

mechanical engineering
December 3, 2012 @ 01:52 PM
Thibault

Aviation Administration (trying to do air traffic control)
December 3, 2012 @ 02:15 PM
uvsoaked

Interactive Media Design

@uvsoaked

December 3, 2012 @ 02:18 PM
SHARKlN

damn, Even the quoting is fucked up now. 

RIP hypebeast forums
December 3, 2012 @ 03:22 PM
hbphilly

Music business entrepreneurship and technology
December 3, 2012 @ 04:14 PM
yurdme

My major is to be major jafeel

Get it how u live

December 3, 2012 @ 04:31 PM
dvzr0

structural engineering
December 3, 2012 @ 05:25 PM
Metatron

i was a journalism major with a minor in creative writing.  best major and minor ever.

Instagram: @realronjunior

December 3, 2012 @ 05:38 PM
guyitsmathew

criminal justice

http://www.guyitsmathew.net/

December 3, 2012 @ 06:17 PM
Legit Shit

Switched from computer science to radiography. Debated nursing in between, but fuck that noise

upthefunk

December 3, 2012 @ 07:08 PM
estoybien

finance
accounting
December 3, 2012 @ 07:15 PM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

Fashion marketing/advertising 

:)

Please login first to reply.