Halloween Sale - Up to 25% Off Your Entire Order - Use Code: NOTRICKS14
November 29, 2012 @ 01:19 PM
kingzback

Are any of you guys in a fraternity?? and how is it like for you? just curiousssss
November 29, 2012 @ 01:26 PM
ThugBear Numba6

suspended

Im in da #CuteNiggaGang fraternity
November 29, 2012 @ 02:55 PM
kbos

from what I can see being in a frat is like paying for friends you initially don't know that well and forcing your social life to be controlled by others. Any frat bros I met have either been huge tools or regretted joining after a year or so.
November 29, 2012 @ 03:46 PM
REVS

Kbos made some good points, it really is like paying for friends. And in the end, you can still go to frat parties and hang out down there without having to pay and pledge. But on the other hand, I've known people who loved being in them, they've met a lot of cool people and also they said it's actually helped them academically due to the fact that most frats have time set out to study and do work. I wouldn't agree with kbos when all brothers are either tools or regret joining, but there is a large portion of douches in frats.

In the end I would say it just is what you really like. If you're into brotherhood, drinking, and that sort of bonding. Then go for it, but if it isn't your thing, who cares. You can always pledge or go to a welcome party to see what it's like.

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

November 29, 2012 @ 04:15 PM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

Don't you have to suck dick to get in one of those?

:)

November 29, 2012 @ 04:23 PM
Winged Foot

One. Its a fraternity not a frat, you would'nt call your country a cunt.
Two. A fraternity should be an extension of who you are, its very easy to judge a group when you are outside of the circle.
November 29, 2012 @ 04:31 PM
shnoosetheboose

Two. A fraternity should be an extension of who you are, its very easy to judge a group when you are outside of the circle.

That's something only a frat douche would say lol
November 29, 2012 @ 04:34 PM
rabbitman

Don't you have to suck dick to get in one of those?

I believe that's called "hazing"

be careful what you pretend to be

November 29, 2012 @ 04:41 PM
Winged Foot

u mad? mom didn't give you a snack today?
November 29, 2012 @ 04:44 PM
oneallah

im a freemason
1 level above
November 29, 2012 @ 04:44 PM
shnoosetheboose

u mad? mom didn't give you a snack today?

naw bruh, you the one who sounds mad. be in a frat bruh, but have fun sucking the "extension" of your superiors until you become relevant in there fuck boi
November 29, 2012 @ 04:45 PM
dvzr0

i'm in one. yeah sometimes a whole house can be assholes like that, but all fraternities are different and there can be huge differences based on just the chapter, too. if you want to be in one, you just gotta find one that matches your personality and values. that being said, not all fraternities are going to be a perfect fit for you. but if you do find the right one like i did, then you can get a lot out of it. and just fyi, dues cover insurance, provide funds for chapter events, shit like that...
November 29, 2012 @ 04:50 PM
Winged Foot

@shnoosetheboose you would never say that to my face, plus I'm an alum I pledged in 03 while you were still learning your abc's.
November 29, 2012 @ 04:51 PM
BDKMV

You don't pay for friends, you pay for an enhanced social life in college. Parties, drugs, girls, will all be provided for you at the cost of membership fees and a time commitment, especially during the pledging process where you may or may not be hazed (I was and I know a couple more here hazed pledges, but not all did). It's a lot of fun as you'll always have something to do and stories to tell, plus you'll be networking with alumni who'll set you up if you ever need it. Some brothers are cool, some are faggots like any other place in life. Your grades only suffer as much as you allow them to suffer. I know a guy in fraternity with a 3.9 gpa as a finance major. In the end it all depends on if you're about that life.
November 29, 2012 @ 05:10 PM
shnoosetheboose

@shnoosetheboose you would never say that to my face, plus I'm an alum I pledged in 03 while you were still learning your abc's.

But for real, I'm not mad at you for bein in a frat b. To each their own, I just don't see the point in it if you can get into frat parties without actually being in the frat, and it doesn't hook you up with good connections for when you graduate. Majority of frat dudes are in it to drink a fuck ton and get some sorority pussy the rest of their brothers have ran through multiple times. I have friends in frats and I hear about everything but the hazing. But those same dudes are the ones with a solid 2.5 gpa in a fucking exploratory business major, no point in being in college if you're gonna have a shit gpa. If you can hold it together and have a solid fraternity, good for you. But when you act all high and mighty for being in a frat and think you're better than everyone when you're not doing shit in college, then you're just a faggot who's living college the wrong way.
November 29, 2012 @ 05:32 PM
Winged Foot

@shnoosetheboose I hear ya, only takes a couple to ruin the whole. GPA dont mean shit in the real world, only numbers matter.
November 29, 2012 @ 08:39 PM
shnoosetheboose

I wouldn't say that, it's just that a lot of people lose track of what's really important for the fun aspect of it. Same thing happened to a lot of my family, they got too crazy with the frats and ended up dropping out and going to school again years later. But GPA is pretty big getting an opening job, especially when you're doing internships with a firm or some sort of company, they'll always take the 3.75 gpa over the 3.0 granted they're both equals on personality traits, I doubt that being in a fraternity is going to make any difference on your employment unless you have a connection with a higher-up. But I suppose I could be wrong
November 29, 2012 @ 08:42 PM
craigsagersuit

Im in da #CuteNiggaGang fraternity

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

Please login first to reply.