300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
November 27, 2012 @ 11:43 PM
backlikethat

So i am NOT a math/science person and im tryna take the easiest math class for next semester.

I have these 2 options:

Transition Algebra for Applications

or

Algebra for applications

whats the difference? Whats easier?
November 27, 2012 @ 11:58 PM
christopher.

transition algebra is pre-algebra. you transition form arithmetic to algebra
November 27, 2012 @ 11:59 PM
backlikethat

Gotcha. Pre-Alg seems easy enough for me cool
November 28, 2012 @ 12:53 AM
REVS

You need to get on that Calc II level son.

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

November 28, 2012 @ 12:55 AM
backlikethat

Im a History major. No thanks.
November 28, 2012 @ 01:04 AM
Dino Spumoni

Hold on, you're in college and taking algebra? Is that even worth any credits in college? No hate, just sayin in my college experience you start with trigonometry and then move onto calculus, and that's a bare minimum for pretty much all majors.
November 28, 2012 @ 01:08 AM
backlikethat

yup. thats the min. i need for me to transfer to a better school too cool
November 28, 2012 @ 04:44 AM
lovedmndlife

fuck algebra and trig, i hated all thatconfused

instagram/twitter: dadonnyd

November 28, 2012 @ 04:48 AM
Jollibee.

this nigga is korean and he be asking which math he shud take smh
November 28, 2012 @ 04:59 AM
backlikethat

Im the last of a dying breed.
November 28, 2012 @ 05:01 AM
BDKMV

Is this a CC? There can't be a university that offers a pre-algebra course. That was a 9th grade class.
November 28, 2012 @ 05:04 AM
backlikethat

no.
November 28, 2012 @ 06:11 AM
shnoosetheboose

I'm more interested in why you're a history major than why you're taking that class...
November 28, 2012 @ 06:45 AM
EYETOGRAPHY

I'm more interested in why you're a history major than why you're taking that class...

Yea same here. So you don't want a job after you paid thousands of dollars for an education? Good luck with that.
November 28, 2012 @ 01:37 PM
SHARKlN

You need to get on that Calc II level son.

This. Any good job requires hard math skills.

Algebra in college? My fuckin head is spinning dude. How much do you pay for tuition for something you should have learned in 8th grade?
November 28, 2012 @ 03:00 PM
backlikethat

Yea same here. So you don't want a job after you paid thousands of dollars for an education? Good luck with that.

My passion is to be a history teacher.

I have to later apply to get into the education program to get my
certificate for teaching.

I'd rather do what I love and get decent pay than doing what I hate..
November 28, 2012 @ 03:08 PM
Soul Rize

^ yeah but then again what if you find passion in something that makes tons of money . Then money will grow into opportunity to have a lyfestyle more freeing and what not with your future fam.

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

November 28, 2012 @ 03:59 PM
REVS

Not to rain on your parade OP but most schools only have a need for Math and Science education majors. It's harder to find history and English jobs because the market is flooded with teachers with those degrees. But I wish the best of luck to you regardless.

November 28, 2012 @ 04:02 PM
backlikethat

^ yeah but then again what if you find passion in something that makes tons of money . Then money will grow into opportunity to have a lyfestyle more freeing and what not with your future fam.

Well then good for those people. I don't ZERO interest in what pays these days...
Science... math... engineering... Prob. the most dullest thing to me.

If you have a passion for those, then good for you, honestly.

But 90% of people who go into those majors don't have a passion for it.

They just go for it because it makes money or because they're good at Matt or science.

Do what you love and the money will come. Don't be afraid to follow your passion even if
it doesn't bring in too much money. If you just follow money, you won't be happy.

"Do what you love and you won't have to work another day in your life."
November 28, 2012 @ 04:04 PM
backlikethat

Not to rain on your parade OP but most schools only have a need for Math and Science education majors. It's harder to find history and English jobs because the market is flooded with teachers with those degrees. But I wish the best of luck to you regardless.

Not true actually. Competition for history teachers are increasing.
Mainly because many liberal arts teachers are old and many are beginning to retire.
November 28, 2012 @ 05:16 PM
REVS

Not true actually. Competition for history teachers are increasing.
Mainly because many liberal arts teachers are old and many are beginning to retire.

Ah well I stand corrected. Actually my first statement probably isn't accurate very much at all, everywhere is different I guess, there is no shortage of math, science, history, or english teachers in the publics schools in Philly, but then again it could be different in other places, west coast, south, public vs private, etc. Anyways props to you for doing something that you enjoy doing.

November 28, 2012 @ 06:37 PM
BDKMV

Well then good for those people. I don't ZERO interest in what pays these days...
Science... math... engineering... Prob. the most dullest thing to me.

If you have a passion for those, then good for you, honestly.

But 90% of people who go into those majors don't have a passion for it.

They just go for it because it makes money or because they're good at Matt or science.

Do what you love and the money will come. Don't be afraid to follow your passion even if
it doesn't bring in too much money. If you just follow money, you won't be happy.

"Do what you love and you won't have to work another day in your life."

November 28, 2012 @ 07:08 PM
SHARKlN

This thread really just makes you sound lazy. Probably started in hs when they let you pick classes and you just took all the easy ones. Hopefully your parents paid for college and you can live in a little bubble of economic success.
November 28, 2012 @ 08:14 PM
Silver Price

Hold on, you're in college and taking algebra? Is that even worth any credits in college? No hate, just sayin in my college experience you start with trigonometry and then move onto calculus, and that's a bare minimum for pretty much all majors.

you shoulda lived dat trig in high school lyfestyle

floral fam man til the death - floral family man til the death - i know lorraine on a personal level

November 28, 2012 @ 08:16 PM
mproc

This is why our unemployment rate is so high.

Like what the fuck I took pre-algebra in 6th grade.
November 28, 2012 @ 08:19 PM
backlikethat

This thread really just makes you sound lazy. Probably started in hs when they let you pick classes and you just took all the easy ones. Hopefully your parents paid for college and you can live in a little bubble of economic success.

It's college fuck boi. My major has nothing to do with math.
Im taking far advance classes in hist and posc.

and an update, the class was full so i couldnt take it...

so now im taking finite math... whatever the hell that is.
November 28, 2012 @ 08:25 PM
SHARKlN

My point was that math gives you critical problem solving skills that translate into far more than just knowing how to crunch numbers. Doesn't surprise me that you haven't figured that out though.

A history degree requires nothing but literal regurgitation. Waste of time and money with nothing learned, but hey, you might do well at trivia night!
November 28, 2012 @ 08:40 PM
backlikethat

My point was that math gives you critical problem solving skills that translate into far more than just knowing how to crunch numbers. Doesn't surprise me that you haven't figured that out though.

A history degree requires nothing but literal regurgitation. Waste of time and money with nothing learned, but hey, you might do well at trivia night!

that was your argument? seriously?

you have to be the most simple minded person i know.

I know math wizards that are geniuses when it comes to problem solving but cant write a 1 pg paper to save their life.

i know liberal arts majors that can write amazing papers but cant solve simple math problems.

You know nothing about a Hist major so why even speak on their behalf you fucking moron. To know hist, you need to study politics, (human) (physical) geography, economics, etc.

It's probably little fucks like you that has no idea on politics but still goes out to vote to get a fuckin "I voted" sticker.
so yea, have fun "problem solving" while millions of other stupid fucks like you are tearing down our own country.
November 28, 2012 @ 08:49 PM
99%Shit

Wait, Poly-Sci? It's hard to pay off your debt when you work at a call-centre. Unless of course you gonna go for your M/Ph.D/B.Ed

narsha.narsha.narsha

November 28, 2012 @ 10:32 PM
SHARKlN

History/arts is studying people problems. Science studies real problems. No arguing over what either entails, but if you solve the right ones, they pay you a ton of money. Major in history and, well join the ranks of everyone else.

I have a job kid, you're the one trying to get to my level.
But yeah, I'm sure you'll make a great teacher.

Please login first to reply.