November 20, 2012 @ 07:27 AM
dmwalking

why does a civilian need this?

protection incase someone breaks in? or they're just interested in guns like some people are shoes? fuck, would rather own a dope gun than some $500 sneakers.

so would you really use this on someone breaking into your home to steal your PS3?

Just because a person has a firearm doesn't mean it's their first course of action.

Personally, I would do everything I could to avoid using a firearm. I'd rather not spend a night in cuffs for self defense. And I'd rather not trust the judicial system with my freedom because in their opinion some greazy lawyer convinced a jury that guns are evil. But if I have to defend myself or my family or an innocent, and a firearm is the only solution, I have zero moral issue with ending the threat with it.

Last name Ever, first name Worst Mod

November 20, 2012 @ 07:28 AM
dmwalking

@mvrcus I get your point.

November 20, 2012 @ 03:50 PM
SilvioDante

@araw-at-bituin Lol they mag is the size of the 22lr mp5s makes me sad thats the only MP5 we could get here in cali.

@dmwalking

Id go with a AR for overall performance sure a AK can take a beating but mod wise you cant shit on AR has so many upgrades. Ive gone thru 2k plus on my AR with no problems at all. Just make sure you get a 5.56 and not .223 the barrel on .223 cant handle 5.56 pressure but with a 5.56 barrel you can toss in .223 ammo.

@rhythmaticace

I had my wife call me a guy was following her telling her he was gonna kill her cause she was driving slow and couldnt go around her. When she pulled into drive way he popped out of his car to chase her to our door i came out and pointed my AR at him as soon as he stepped into my lawn. He stopped dead in his tracks bout to shit himself he was drunk i called the cops he got hauled away. I would not hesitate pulling out my guns if i need to protect someone.

size 10 fuck em red. retail hmu.

November 20, 2012 @ 06:42 PM
CrackPipeLips

5.56 is to mame, 7.62 is ftk. They sell them shits at Wal-Mart now...

@MVRCUS HUH? this is the only post i read son.. You didnt say a damn thing about 600 yards here. dont give me that.

Obviously past 500 yards isnt an ideal application for 556/223 due to way too much bullet drop. And as far as reliability of ARs go, if you maintain your gun at least a bit and make sure its lubed up well you aren't going to have any problems, unless its a piece of shit Norinco or something.
November 20, 2012 @ 06:53 PM
dmwalking

@silviodante Thanks for the tips. I'd say the ammo is more readily available and less expensive too, right?

Also, effective range for me personally is a moot point because I can't picture myself in a situation where I'd need to hit a 500 yard target. I'm not in the military having open field combat. If, God forbid, I ever had to use it in a defense situation, it would be an urban setting. In a survival setting, it would be a wooded area. No need for 500 yard shots that I can think of.

Cool story on defending your wife. People don't understand that guns are good. They're actually great at preventing violence if placed in the right hands. Gun control shouldn't be about getting guns out of civilian hands. It should be about educating civilians on their rights, proper safety, and self defense laws. Gun control should put guns in the hands of responsible citizens.

November 20, 2012 @ 06:55 PM
dmwalking

I'm considering an ACR depending on how my budget looks for 2013.

November 20, 2012 @ 08:06 PM
SilvioDante

@dmwalking

Ive filed for a CCW in LA county waiting to hear back doubtful but doesn't hurt to try. Wish people realized how much more good a gun can do than bad.

Id take a FN Scar or HK G36 fucking beautiful in person pics dont do it justice.

November 20, 2012 @ 08:40 PM
CrackPipeLips

if i were you id look into a robinson arms XCR
November 20, 2012 @ 08:47 PM
Jay_Bird

Anyone?

finally got my Magpul hand guard and Magpul foregrip.

also got a HK USP .45, 357 mag python, and a .22LR pea shooter for target practice lol.

Next on order Magnum research gold plated 357 eagle. Stupid CA law bans .50cal razz

Did ou have to get your gun license for that, and how much and how long did it take you to eat your license

And how much did that gun cost?
November 20, 2012 @ 08:49 PM
CrackPipeLips

Anyone?

finally got my Magpul hand guard and Magpul foregrip.

also got a HK USP .45, 357 mag python, and a .22LR pea shooter for target practice lol.

Next on order Magnum research gold plated 357 eagle. Stupid CA law bans .50cal razz

Did ou have to get your gun license for that, and how much and how long did it take you to eat your license

And how much did that gun cost?

you live in texas, im pretty sure you dont need a license to own an AR-15.

you can find a nice AR for under 900 bucks.
November 20, 2012 @ 09:18 PM
SilvioDante

@jay_bird lucky bastard in texas you can get whatever you want. Stock my AR was 900 and change after taxes and DROS. But with upgrades im around 1500$ will post updated pic got my Magpul Stock and gripsmile

November 20, 2012 @ 10:38 PM
dmwalking

Started looking up my state's gun laws....I am disappoint. No point in getting a beautiful rifle just to neuter it. I'm likely gonna get the S&W M&P sport that's state compliant. It's a great value and I won't feel bad spending the money on a neutered rifle. The reviews are great for it. And if I leave my state, I can always mod it.

November 20, 2012 @ 11:31 PM
thrillmatic

@silviodante Great story. Too bad this Trayvon/Zimmerman mess has fucked up the whole gun control issue and set us back a decade on that and in race relations.

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

November 21, 2012 @ 12:41 AM
It's Only Hype

@jay_bird lucky bastard in texas you can get whatever you want. Stock my AR was 900 and change after taxes and DROS. But with upgrades im around 1500$ will post updated pic got my Magpul Stock and gripsmile

info on your optics? and how you like it
November 21, 2012 @ 02:00 AM
CrackPipeLips

Started looking up my state's gun laws....I am disappoint. No point in getting a beautiful rifle just to neuter it. I'm likely gonna get the S&W M&P sport that's state compliant. It's a great value and I won't feel bad spending the money on a neutered rifle. The reviews are great for it. And if I leave my state, I can always mod it.

M&P line is great.. wont have any issues. S&W has amazing customer service as well
November 21, 2012 @ 03:34 PM
SilvioDante

@thrillmatic Yup that shit fucked up whats already fucked in first place.

@its-only-hype

Its a aimsports x4 zoom with fiber optic crosshairs (red,blue,green) Top of optic has night sights for close range shooting. Its a alright piece if you want that zoom but im def ordering a Eotech holographic sight soon.

November 27, 2012 @ 04:21 PM
SilvioDante

November 27, 2012 @ 05:46 PM
RawShack

i don't think you can post guns on HB but i want that civilian FN2000. cool
November 27, 2012 @ 06:13 PM
Zeeks

running a KAC sr-16

Please login first to reply.