FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
November 1, 2012 @ 03:07 AM
thelavishworld

Read Here And Thank You

They told me blogging was over, that nobody would care less if it would've never existed. Day one was nothing but a jetlag changing into work addiction. I slept, woke up, pretentiously acted to be a whole crew and had 131 individual views that day that changed my life. My eyes closed as I rested my pounding temple on my soft and soothing pillow, only to wake up 4 hours later with sweat on my forehead.

Day two:
Pride and anxiety: was this going to be it?
4 posts a day and just 131 people that believed in my cause. But then again, 131 people for the first day was more than I had reached in one month as Yoeri Jonker, a simple student attending the Amsterdam Fashion Institute to one day graduate a Fashion Brander. You see, this whole blog was created out of the selfish thought of showing that my writing skills were something to be enjoyed. My pen was your entertainment, my words going through your head as I wrote them and you read them. I would have something amazing in my portfolio, something to brag and show-off to magazines such as Complex, GQ and Esquire, the three places I needed to get an internship. You see, from the age of 10 until I was 16 people had told me that I couldn't become anything (and not to exaggerate, this happened EVERY DAY). Who would have known that that those thoughts and memories, which haunt me through sleep and wake, would get me my first 300 individual views.

Day three:
Hope and determination: this and more!
Yes, at the end of this day I would reach a total of 517 individual views. With a total of 13 posts, it wasn't anxiety nor pride. There was nothing but the drive to reach a 1000 views per day, to reach that 50.000 views per month. I had set goals, as did I set my alarm clock to make sure that 4 hours of sleep wouldn't turn into 6 hours or anything closer to sanity. On that day, 7 Januari 2012, Beyonce gave birth to Blue Ivy Carter. Versace Cruise and H&M had yet to release their collaborative collection in stores and just released campaign imagery for the Cruise Collection.

In that time and day, nobody had seen the hologram of Tupac, heard of JMSN, saw a Lavish World Magazine or heard the full collection of the Neptunes Discography (haha, no link here guys, expect it at the end of the year). It is now, 3:49 in the morning, that I sit behind my computer thinking of all the amazing moments I had with this blog.

10 Months Later:
542 posts, 182.015 views and I am close to my first two objectives.
I reached those 1000 views a day, even getting 1300-1800 people to visit my website everyday. And although I didn't reach those 50.000 views yet, I am 5000 views short. All I need now is for all of you to believe in me as you have always done, understand that things take time and that if you stick around, I'll make sure it'll be worth it. I will get that internship at Complex or GQ, I will become one of the biggest writers of all time and I will change the world one step at a time, showing everyone that against all odds...

...You can do it too...
Stay curious, be ambitious and dream on
Y. K. Jonker
November 1, 2012 @ 03:08 AM
mackness

didn't read lol

"mack you get a pass for wearing female pants i aint even gonna ether you anymore" Powercum http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

November 1, 2012 @ 03:14 AM
TASK

November 1, 2012 @ 05:12 AM
Jay Z

VERY UPLIFTING AND INSPIRTAIONAL
November 1, 2012 @ 05:57 AM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

nah i fucks with lavish. stay up and thanks for the inspiring words.

:)

November 1, 2012 @ 07:21 AM
DarianaGrande

My boo

http://soundcloud.com/anonymousnigger

November 1, 2012 @ 01:01 PM
RubRub

I hope your life goes downhill from here on out

Interested in AirMax

November 1, 2012 @ 02:10 PM
AndreLutherKing

Didn't read that shit. What exactly did we do?

Chicks barely dancin, glancin every chance they get, like - oh shit, he's so HANSUM

November 1, 2012 @ 05:43 PM
Black Donald Trump

my mom said dont talk to strangers
November 1, 2012 @ 09:12 PM
danthejackalope

I CANT READ , WHERE MY DAUGHTER

Please login first to reply.