October 29, 2012 @ 04:59 PM
No Fuxx Given

Who here is in any branch of the military? Or has been? I'm debating joining one of the branches but I got a couple of dilemmas tho.

First one being wtf am I gonna do after my 4 yrs of active duty are up? I'm not gonna have a degree, I'm not gonna have any experience to get me a decent paying job. I'd be 22 w. the GI Bill to pay for school but then its pretty much like being fresh outta highschool again.

For those of you who have taken this path what do you do now post service? Was it worth it?

Right now I'm just lost on what I wanna do with my life. Help me out fam.

Fly on little wing

October 29, 2012 @ 05:01 PM
The hypebeast god

Man up and do it faggot.
Fight for your country.
October 29, 2012 @ 05:04 PM
DStyles

ROTC

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

October 29, 2012 @ 05:06 PM
Too Trill

you could get a job as a cop/fire fighter shit like that when you get out. you're the pride of the country, anyone will take you
October 29, 2012 @ 05:14 PM
backlikethat

Go to school...
October 29, 2012 @ 05:19 PM
TASK

ask london
October 29, 2012 @ 05:57 PM
wehatelondon

suspended

I'm not gonna have any experience to get me a decent paying job.

what branch and mos are you looking at

instagram-wehatelondon youtube-nicholasmcfly2800

October 29, 2012 @ 06:00 PM
vinman46

Dont join
October 29, 2012 @ 06:03 PM
No Fuxx Given

@wehatelondon Lookin at air force, air traffic controller.

Fly on little wing

October 29, 2012 @ 06:06 PM
wehatelondon

suspended

how you not gone have experience?
you get on at any semi major airport and you str8
but im having the problem where i dont wanna do this job in the civilian side so im on the fence

October 29, 2012 @ 06:09 PM
vinman46

Go to a trade school and learn a trade
October 29, 2012 @ 06:12 PM
No Fuxx Given

@wehatelondon feels you but i wanna make around 50k. Idk I'm gonna do some more research and whatnot. Anyway, wbu bro did u serve?

Fly on little wing

October 29, 2012 @ 06:18 PM
illsteezy

@wehatelondon Lookin at air force, air traffic controller.

Stressful ass job. Hope you know what you're getting into. Good pay on civilian side if you can get a job afterward but will probably need more than 4 years military experience. If that's the AFSC you want, take the ASVAB test, and if you qualify, MAKE SURE you get that AFSC before signing the contract. Did 4 years. No regrets. Had fun and met all kinds of people. Get out and do something.
October 29, 2012 @ 06:18 PM
wehatelondon

suspended

research it
plenty money in that field
im enlisted right now prolly finna reup

October 29, 2012 @ 06:48 PM
cgunner

Im enlisted right now. Air Force aint that bad. Especially if you dont have shit going on for you right now. My advice would be to take your time coming in and get a job closest to what you want on the outside. Money isnt everything. To be truely happy is worth much more.
October 29, 2012 @ 06:55 PM
No Fuxx Given

@illest1 sounds good man. what are you currently doing now? If you had a chance to go back would you still go into the military now that your out?

Fly on little wing

October 29, 2012 @ 07:46 PM
CrackPipeLips

id only join the military if they'd let me fly one of those real nigga fighter jets they bomb camel jockeys with
October 29, 2012 @ 07:52 PM
illsteezy

@purpribb1 I'm going to school using the G.I. Bill. Even if you don't plan on going back to school, make sure to get it. You put in around a hundo a months for a year, but get back racks after.

Glad I joined just off the benefits. If anything I wish someone would've told me what I told you. Know what you're going in for and make sure you get it. I didn't know what I wanted to do and ended up joining as basically a mechanic for ground support. Not a very glamorous job but either way an E-6 mechanic get's paid just the same any other E-6. Plus I got to work with F-15's and F-22's, but I didn't want to work as a mechanic for the rest of my life. A lot of people end up re-inlisting because they've grown accustomed to the lifestyle. They house you, they feed you, they schedule 10,000 (exaggerating) medical and training appointments for you and pay you. They basically mom you. Just have a plan before getting out if you decide to. If not, stay in and retire in your 40's.

One thing I will say is, if you go into the military, don't half ass shit. If your going in, be legit about it. Stick to your commitments and avoid the petty shit.
October 29, 2012 @ 08:02 PM
CrackPipeLips

@purpribb1 I'm going to school using the G.I. Bill. Even if you don't plan on going back to school, make sure to get it. You put in around a hundo a months for a year, but get back racks after.

Glad I joined just off the benefits. If anything I wish someone would've told me what I told you. Know what you're going in for and make sure you get it. I didn't know what I wanted to join and ended up joining as basically a mechanic for ground support. Not a very glamorous job but either way an E-6 mechanic get's paid just the same any other E-6. Plus I got to work with F-15's and F-22's, but I didn't want to work as a mechanic for the rest of my life. A lot of people end up re-inlisting because they've grown accustomed to the lifestyle. They house you, they feed you, they schedule 10,000 (exaggerating) medical and training appointments for you and pay you. They basically mom you. Just have a plan before getting out if you decide to. If not, stay in and retire in your 40's.

One thing I will say is, if you go into the military, don't half ass shit. If your going in, be legit about it. Stick to your commitments and avoid the petty shit.

yeah, and be prepared to die for your bitch ass country if yall decide to go to war with iran
October 29, 2012 @ 08:04 PM
illsteezy

^Lol, that too. But that's why you make sure you go in with your guaranteed AFSC. Can probably guarantee an Air Traffic Controller isn't gonna see the battlefield.
October 29, 2012 @ 10:17 PM
THiZZ

If your looking for a good transition job get something to due with the IT field... most friends i know who got out when we did that are Network security etc... are making 80K right now with certifications. Military is what you make it though granted you don't have a shit supervisor or command...

As for GI Bill...

I wouldn't take it back though best 6 years of my life learned/saw a lot and was apart OEF/OIF. So at least i can say i did something...
October 30, 2012 @ 01:58 AM
Black Donald Trump

ive said it before but idk why anyone would want to join the military, especially with ww3 around the corner. if you thought iraq/afghanistan was bad, wait til we get into it with iran.
whatev tho do your thing
October 30, 2012 @ 02:12 AM
99%Shit

id only join the military if they'd let me fly one of those real nigga fighter jets they bomb camel jockeys with

narsha.narsha.narsha

October 30, 2012 @ 03:23 AM
tkisbadluck

I'm in the army. I'm an 11B (infantry). Not the best job choice, but definitely one of the more manly jobs in the MOS catalog. Anything that's really combat related you'll probably just find yourself attached to a bunch of grunts in the 'Stan. So if you want to join and you're asking yourself what MOS to pick, first ask yourself what you want to do with your GI bill and schooling and try and backwards plan from your end state up to the MOS you pick. Quick example...if your end state is to become a private security contractor, then you join with an 11X contract, pass airborne and ranger school, and try and grab as many schools as you can, i.e. Sniper, Arslic, etc, as well as going to the 75th Ranger regiment.

WTB SUPREME PIN DOT NAVY MEDIUM / SUPREME CAIRO HOODIE MEDIUM

October 30, 2012 @ 03:26 AM
CrackPipeLips

I'm in the army. I'm an 11B (infantry). Not the best job choice, but definitely one of the more manly jobs in the MOS catalog. Anything that's really combat related you'll probably just find yourself attached to a bunch of grunts in the 'Stan. So if you want to join and you're asking yourself what MOS to pick, first ask yourself what you want to do with your GI bill and schooling and try and backwards plan from your end state up to the MOS you pick. Quick example...if your end state is to become a private security contractor, then you join with an 11X contract, pass airborne and ranger school, and try and grab as many schools as you can, i.e. Sniper, Arslic, etc, as well as going to the 75th Ranger regiment.

or you just become a navy seal and be a badass
October 30, 2012 @ 03:53 AM
tkisbadluck

or you just become a navy seal and be a badass

also a route you could take...what i said wasn't any kind of exclusive road to private security...just an example.

WTB SUPREME PIN DOT NAVY MEDIUM / SUPREME CAIRO HOODIE MEDIUM

October 31, 2012 @ 10:05 PM
Too Trill

If your looking for a good transition job get something to due with the IT field... most friends i know who got out when we did that are Network security etc... are making 80K right now with certifications. Military is what you make it though granted you don't have a shit supervisor or command...

^ this

Please login first to reply.