Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 13, 2012 @ 03:13 PM
chiptharip

im not trying to knock anybody off but I'm just trying to understand. i had a lot of discussions about this topic with friends who believe in different religions. i don't believe in any.
so basically i just can't understand why anyone can be positive that his religion is the 'right one' still everybody is claiming this.
why do you believe that your religion is right? where do you get the faith from? your parents? so then think about what if your parents would be part of another religion? so your whole worldview would be different. does this really make sense?
humanity went from polytheism, which everybody believed was right back then over to christianity and islam mostly so religious people seem to follow the mainstream only without really thinking about it.
why do most people only accept the widespread religions but knock the small ones off as cults? is there any proof that mormons or scientology is wrong? i mean their storys sound like science fiction maybe but if we wouldn't be so familiar with the bible for example wouldn't this also sound like sciene fiction for us? i mean a man that can cure blind just with his hands and shit?

what do you believe in and why
October 13, 2012 @ 03:21 PM
Legit Shit

I was raised Catholic. I classify myself as Catholic.
Inside I usually feel agnostic. Voted none

upthefunk

October 13, 2012 @ 03:26 PM
Black Donald Trump

i think there is a lot more to our existence than we know, but whether there is any sort of creator or not is something i feel i cannot know at this point and will probably never know. im not religious but i don't really have a problem with people having their own beliefs. you can believe whatever you want i really don't care as long as your not an asshole (and i know a lot of religious people who are very kindhearted, accepting, and mean well from the bottom of their hearts, they just tend to not get the same publicity as the extremists). to me an asshole is an asshole whether your religious, atheist, whatever.
October 13, 2012 @ 03:27 PM
oneallah

i was raised a muslim and i always will be one,
but im slowly moving away from it,
i believe in god, the devil, the quran, gods angels, satans demons, all that shit but i definitely dont think that god will get pissed if you dont go hard with prayers,
that niga up there wants you to chill out,
respect parents,
fuck women and not dudes,
all that good decent gentleman shit,

but really though-after the news i have been seeing and hearing stories recently happening,
there aint no true muslims left in this world,
and i definitely aint no extremist:
the best example i can give you is that paki girl that was brutally beaten just for speaking her mind,
LIKE WHAT THE FUCK?,
FUCK THEM RADICAL MUSLIM BITCH PUSSY NIGAS,
my niga allah gonna woop there ass chuck norris style
October 13, 2012 @ 03:28 PM
DStyles

I don't.

May parents only believe in religion because of their parents and so on.

My kids can believe in any religion. Shit don't phase me B.

Nikka wanna be a muslim and blow up building so be it.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

October 13, 2012 @ 03:33 PM
Legit Shit

but i definitely dont think that god will get pissed if you dont go hard with prayers,
that niga up there wants you to chill out,
respect parents,
fuck women and not dudes,
all that good decent gentleman shit,

I feel like that too. Like I have my own idea of God. And all he asks is that you're a genuine good person

Edit: How come polls are always fucking up? Unless OP deleted it..

upthefunk

October 13, 2012 @ 03:36 PM
chiptharip

i didnt deleted its just gone
October 13, 2012 @ 03:56 PM
craigsagersuit

when a miracle happens to you it changes your life b

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

October 13, 2012 @ 04:13 PM
NapoleonComplex

@oneallah the worst part is it isnt radical islam that is causing the taliban act like savages it is their culture of nomadic Afghani's. its just the media that misconstrues the two.

I used to believe in religon, but i dont anymore, more of hatred towards my parents and church shit that forced me into doing shit. Like i was one of those faggot jesus freaks handing out mini bibles telling people they were going to hell unless they believed in jesus....
Now I just meditate daily and search for inner peace. I wish i could believe in a religion, i.e. buddhism. but once you label one as factitious bullshit for the idealists you see them all as such.
moral nihilism sucks

FUCK DREWBACCA | smh fuck REVS to....

October 13, 2012 @ 07:47 PM
Cheeched

I don't really mind religion that much. I believe there's a possibility of there being a God, but I don't think there's enough evidence. I don't go to church, but I'm also not that type of person that will bash another religion. The only thing that makes me sick is when people believe in their own religion and talk shit about other religions.
October 13, 2012 @ 07:51 PM
99%Shit

Atheist. More specifically I believe in Transhumanism, not a religion, but a definite belief.

narsha.narsha.narsha

October 13, 2012 @ 07:55 PM
aalexander

I believe in god not religion. Religion is a human made concept.
October 13, 2012 @ 08:10 PM
99%Shit

Until a god appears, gods are a human made concept too. Animals don't believe in god.

narsha.narsha.narsha

October 13, 2012 @ 08:34 PM
Kilog

Until a god appears, gods are a human made concept too. Animals don't believe in god.

Animals don't have the mental capabilities to "believe" in anything.
October 13, 2012 @ 08:38 PM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

^ they believe in family and taking care of their young.

:)

October 13, 2012 @ 08:45 PM
Kilog

Those are instincts that aid in survival. But I guess it depends on your defition of what beliefs are. I meant animals don't consciously think/ are not able to think about the nature of the universe, why they're here, etc. They just live in the moment.
October 13, 2012 @ 08:47 PM
Your Fan

I believe the only reason people believe in religion is fear of being persecuted.

If you give a rational thinking person a Bible when they're 21 instead of feeding it to them when they're young and brainwashing them from a young age that person will look you in the face in think you're retarded.

The only difference from the Bible and Harry Potter is that the Bible came out first.
October 13, 2012 @ 08:57 PM
99%Shit

Animals don't have the mental capabilities to "believe" in anything.

Dig the avatar, goes with my beliefs.

narsha.narsha.narsha

October 13, 2012 @ 09:23 PM
Kilog

^thanks might change it back to bailey jay tho cool
Transhumanism seems interesting, but I don't our society would ever let it happen.
October 13, 2012 @ 11:45 PM
frizurd

religion divides the human race

http://thatfix.com/ -- Your daily hip-hop & electronic music fix.

October 14, 2012 @ 05:01 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

What's your definition of a miracle? How/why is it a miracle? Did something specific happen to you?
October 14, 2012 @ 05:23 AM
popeyes

if you are religious, you are fucking retarded. im very happy that more people are slowly realizing this.

john lamone is a fag. boland is a fag.

October 14, 2012 @ 06:15 AM
craigsagersuit

What's your definition of a miracle? How/why is it a miracle? Did something specific happen to you?

let's just say my life was on some 50/50 shit

October 14, 2012 @ 06:19 AM
99%Shit

50% chance of survival.
Survives.
God exists.
Post on Hypebeast.

narsha.narsha.narsha

October 14, 2012 @ 06:22 AM
craigsagersuit

50% chance of survival.
Survives.
God exists.
Post on Hypebeast.

October 14, 2012 @ 07:06 AM
mrteebonilla

Well you see, either there is a God or there isnt...So say you do believe and the is a God then you go to heaven if you dont believe you go to hell. But if there isnt a God than nothing happens, so you might as well believe just in case

Proxy/Pre-Order Service PM for info #TeamTony #CokeWave #ToneSosa #FW14NeopreneGang

October 14, 2012 @ 08:05 AM
franjoli

forreal? my life wuh on sum 50/50 shit
prayed and prayed to god
yung black holy nigga came down and told me
"swag like wonton soup"

i was based ever since

WTB: UNIQLO x UNDERCOVER FISHTAIL UTILITY PARKA IN SIZE S/M ANY COLOUR MESSAGE

October 14, 2012 @ 12:31 PM
gersh

i grew up under Christianity.. so i may be slightly bias ;)

at one point during senior years of highschool i NEARLY was swayed into believing evolution but after SOOOO many questions for and against creation or evolution in my mind i just had to go back to what i was taught.

Bible side of me

Bible history is interesting, dead sea scrolls and how all the puzzles from 80AD till 1611AD were actually "pieced together" is quite neat.

sadly the catholic church abused its power in its prime time, making up purgatory and prayer for the dead and penance or paying your way into heaven... all which is NOT Biblical.. thanks to martin luther and king henry VIII for bringing the "righteous way to go"-Edgar Allen Floe.. sadly.. even today many "Christian" sects have it wrong..

the Bible mentions that the earth was round in different verses, talks about how different languages came to be, even Noah and the ark was interesting, not only did water come from rain but from the "fountains of the great deep"- gen 7:11 meaning different sea bed floors opening up and warm-hot water + sentiment (because it came from below the earth surface) flooded the earth and changed earths geograph and that hot water and sentiments from beneath helped alot of that.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Evo side of me

when i was in my "evolution" thinking state, i was impressed how i even have sight, how can me.. my very self.. have sight, why isnt everything just black for ME, but i can control what i do think or say.. how I.. ME.. exist. not anyone else.. just me.. how do i... exist

furthermore i thought of different processes of evolution, how does natural selection have its "program".. if an explosion and cells was just random then no "program" should exist.. thinking deeper.. prof paul davies an evolutionist talking about how the first cell arrive, lots of people think its just a matter of getting the right raw materials but he says thats fantasy.. because most of the workings of the cell are best described not in terms of material stuff "hardware" but information stuff "software"... cells are "programmed".. look at kinesin and atp synthase motors, how could evolution create such complex biomechanics? the point that made me turn away was how does evolution have its form or structure? if we could be made on earth by evolution wouldnt evolution make cells livable and evolvable in different nearby planets and also grow an environment which living beings could feed off?

lastly..

how do i know what i believe is the truth? by looking into the history of how other religions came to be

Please login first to reply.