FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
October 16, 2012 @ 10:44 AM
chiptharip

^^discussion just went serious
October 16, 2012 @ 02:14 PM
Cboom

if this is 'tldr'.. atleast read the last 1/4

Who created God? I guess you don't know just like I don't know how cells adapted.

yea but i can say God exists beyond time and space. God didnt need to create Himself, He just existed. Just as hard to imagine as a random event (big bang) forms into a structured process (natural selection) and even go as far as creating cells that have "jobs" to do, all from a random event.

God created Adam and Eve who had 2 sons so I guess they fucked their mom to populate the Earth? K.

Adam and Even had other children beside Cain and Abel

Genesis 4:25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

As far as them populating, I aint hiding anything, there was intermarriage for the sake of population. BUT! it wasn’t till the time of Moses that God forbade the Israelites from brother-sister marriage (Leviticus chapters 18-20). Since God makes the rules, He can choose whats what just like how government passes laws.

a little excerpt for you to read to explain all this rather nicely.. from a book 'Where Did Cain Get His Wife?' by Ken Ham

Ken also provides a logical explanation for why God waited till Moses to outlaw this practice, when he didn’t with Abraham. Originally, there would have been no risk of this causing harmful deformities in the offspring. There is a problem today, because all of us have inherited copying mistakes in our genes, called mutations, which are usually harmful. Mutations are one effect of God’s curse on the entire creation because of Adam’s sin (Genesis 3:19, Romans 8:20–22).

Fortunately, we carry two copies of each gene, one inherited from each parent (called alleles). Usually we inherit mutations in different places, so usually the mutated gene’s effect is fully or partly masked by the ‘good’ gene. But if close relatives marry, then there is a one-in-four chance of a child inheriting mutant alleles in the same place (locus) from both parents. This one-in-four chance applies to each mutation, of which there are thousands, so the chance of some deformity is great.

But Adam and Eve were created ‘very good’ (Genesis 1:31) — the Hebrew tov meod, in the context of a finished creation which God had already called ‘good’ after most creation days, indicates physical perfection without any blemishes. So they would not have had copying mistakes, so brother-sister intermarriage would not have had the problem it has today. Harmful mutations would take many generations to accumulate to levels where close intermarriage would be dangerous for the offspring. As mentioned, even Abraham, living long after the creation of mankind, married his half-sister Sarah, and they were the ancestors of the very vibrant Jewish people group.

But as many centuries passed, many harmful, degenerative mutations accumulated in the human gene pool. So, as Ken pointed out, this is probably a major reason for God giving laws to the Israelites through Moses against intermarriage between close relatives (Leviticus 18–20). Today there would be even more chance of deformity/disease in the offspring of such a union than in Moses’ time—consequently, even first cousin marriages are outlawed in many countries.

God created a giant flood to wipe the Earth clean of humans except 1 Noah. So I guess he asexually reproduced and repopulated the Earth. K.

Genesis 7:7 And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.

self explanatory

If God is almighty why can't he get rid of a simple evil angel that's controlling his domain. Why can't he just kill the devil and BAM end sin all together? He can't? I guess the Devil is more powerful than God.

Job 1:6-12, Job 2:1-6

Satan can only do things he does when God allows him.
as far as God making an obvious sign to prove Himself, He already has with Christ and yet many will not believe.

Luke 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

When Christ arose 500 people have seen Him alive and well yet not even 5 years later the news did not last, it shows how hype comes and goes in humans, it would just be a media hype that will pass away in a year if we do see a sign. no point really; He's given us enough.

Holy God does not need to save sinners from the devil because sinners are not of God, once Adam sinned, the human race was seperated from God because He is Holy, yet out of His grace He sent His Son to die on the cross as a "payment" for our sins.

so tell me what it says in your Bible to explain high tide and low tide, sun rise and sunset, months and years. Explain this without using science just use your Bible.

Job 26:10 He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.

The word rendered "compassed" (חוּג chûg), means to describe a circle, as the Hebrew language did not have "sphere" in its vocabulary at the time. but circle earth ring a thought? more than that the verse talks of tide if you read it thoughtfully cool

Gen 1:14-18 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

little extra excerpt:
The two words, ‘evening’ (‘ereb ערב) and ‘morning’ (boqer בקר), are combined with יום (yôm) 19 times each outside of Genesis 1 (three times these words share the same reference―Numbers 9:15, Deuteronomy 16:4 and Daniel 8:26). Every time, they clearly mean that particular literal part of a 24-hour day, regardless of the literary genre or context. Also, even when ‘morning’ and ‘evening’ occur together without yôm (38 times outside of Genesis 1, including 25 in historical narrative), it always, without exception, designates a 24-hour day. All the instances of yôm in the Genesis 1 account are qualified by the statement ויהי ערב ויהי בקר (wayehî ‘ereb wayehi boqer)—‘and there was evening, and there was morning’, which by comparing with other Scripture, must denote a 24-hour day.

Also, you can't use science as proof of anything because it contradicts everything religion has ever taught you people.

how so when the Bible clearly talks of a round earth (as shown before and also Isaiah 40:21-22a)

Earth in space and the water cycle, in extension, gravity is shown here, since you cant hang something on nothing it demonstrates the effect of gravity in this verse.
Job 26:7-8 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing. He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them.

Job 36:27-28 For he maketh small the drops of water: they pour down rain according to the vapour thereof: Which the clouds do drop and distil upon man abundantly.

Two hemispheres wind coriolis effect
Ecc 1:6-7 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits. All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

few others if i really look for em

lastly, science researchers say themselves; that if a study confirms a prediction off a hypothesis, the hypothesis is only supported, not PROVEN. more studies that confirm the hypothesis only make the validity stronger and have more support but never proven or made fact. (Cozby, P. C. (2009). Methods in behavioural research (10th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill. end of page 19 to start of 20) [cause im taking a course i didnt just fish for this book]

if you could PROVE something you can replicate it over and over and over again. then will it become FACT

and for before: stoning was the death penalty, do you think they would just stone anyone? lololol, remember guns didnt exist in those days

i love how you put the Bible way out of proportion and context when you clearly havnt got a clue whats written, i guess you just hear snips of "problems" here and there or from someone and then claim it has holes when you havnt researched it yourself. example: i cant tell another religion they are wrong unless i dig into their source of belief and show where the holes are, i cant just say im right without proving why they are wrong from their own source of belief or knowledge

anways... whatever.. consider dark matter once again

*goes to apparel and other goods section then lurks*

You are mentally ill bro, I'm sorry to break it to you.
October 16, 2012 @ 03:34 PM
slap

Too long, will read later, but from what I can see, Your Fan got roasted lol.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

October 16, 2012 @ 04:02 PM
Your Fan

@gersh

This: "yea but i can say God exists beyond time and space. God didnt need to create Himself, He just existed. Just as hard to imagine as a random event (big bang) forms into a structured process (natural selection) and even go as far as creating cells that have "jobs" to do, all from a random event." has proved everything I just stated. Creationist have no proof of anything they just say, uhm well he always existed. Only thing you can cite is an old book that has been rewritten by people so they can control the weak minded. And "The Devil can't do anything unless God let's him" HAHAHAHAHAHA yet he can spread sin over God's precious creation Earth and make people not believe in him. I hope everyone can take a note and see how much bullshit creationist spew out of their mouth so they can disprove facts; evolution, natural selection, and everything else.

Well let's use your thinking. Uhm, morals and the universe always existed.
October 16, 2012 @ 04:46 PM
Kilog

I agree with you that the bible isn't factual, but your argument is kind of annoying, and is just going to continue a circular back and forth. You told him to answer questions using only the bible, then when he does, you call him out for citing the bible. There is no way you can change their views on this stuff, so there's no point in even trying. But you should learn to respect others views that are different from your own. All religion isn't bad, in fact a lot of eastern religions such as buddhism and sikhism are really interesting and you can learn a lot from them.
October 16, 2012 @ 04:50 PM
LaurenHillsPubes

Only frail little girls fear death. Be a man, like this guy

October 16, 2012 @ 05:06 PM
Your Fan

I agree with you that the bible isn't factual, but your argument is kind of annoying, and is just going to continue a circular back and forth. You told him to answer questions using only the bible, then when he does, you call him out for citing the bible. There is no way you can change their views on this stuff, so there's no point in even trying. But you should learn to respect others views that are different from your own. All religion isn't bad, in fact a lot of eastern religions such as buddhism and sikhism are really interesting and you can learn a lot from them.

You obviously have only been reading what you wanted to, I've said that the Bible isn't always bad and it has shaped some amazing people like my parents. It's just the point that you can't argue facts with the Bible and using the Bible as your proof is total rubbish and I'm trying to get that through his head. The most annoying thing is arguing facts. Their will be no argument where a creationist can win because their own proof isn't proof and instead of proving themselves they rather try and disprove others. If they were more inquisitive with their own beliefs they would get a-lot further.
October 16, 2012 @ 08:28 PM
PUT ON MY OJ GLOVES

this thread got slapped in it's face with the bible. im outta hurrr!
October 16, 2012 @ 10:36 PM
kingofspain

You obviously have only been reading what you wanted to, I've said that the Bible isn't always bad and it has shaped some amazing people like my parents. It's just the point that you can't argue facts with the Bible and using the Bible as your proof is total rubbish and I'm trying to get that through his head. The most annoying thing is arguing facts. Their will be no argument where a creationist can win because their own proof isn't proof and instead of proving themselves they rather try and disprove others. If they were more inquisitive with their own beliefs they would get a-lot further.

October 16, 2012 @ 10:40 PM
kingofspain

Terrified. Just as scared as every one of us. Difference is, I don't latch on to a fairytale for some sort of blind sense of comfort. I simply don't let the fear of death stop me from living. If anything, knowing that this life is ALL we have, I value it that much more.
October 16, 2012 @ 10:46 PM
kingofspain

sometimes athiests are just as bad as theisists. some people just have their own way of dealing with death and the meaning of life. let it be.
October 17, 2012 @ 03:24 PM
Your Fan

Please login first to reply.