Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
November 28, 2012 @ 07:50 PM
Legit Shit

Chopz that's not even a bad phone to have for MetroPCS. My mom recently got it and I was actually pretty impressed they had that.

Has the phone ever recognized the SD, before you formatted it?

upthefunk

November 29, 2012 @ 03:08 AM
Mr_Chukes

I got my nexus 4 cool cool
November 29, 2012 @ 04:00 AM
slap

I have Go Launcher, but thats cause I use Android 2.3...
I'm a completely noob with phones. Can someone help me root my Mytouch 4g Slide (HTC Doubleshot) haha?

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

November 29, 2012 @ 04:25 AM
Legit Shit

Launcher Pro was my shit on alll my previous Androids, Go Launcher never called my attention.

@slap Start here- http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1209
It might seem a little over whelming if it's your first time looking at all these new terms and shit but just do a little reading and research and you'll see it's not hard at all

upthefunk

November 29, 2012 @ 04:36 AM
Mr_Chukes

Launcher Pro was my shit on alll my previous Androids, Go Launcher never called my attention.

@slap Start here- http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1209
It might seem a little over whelming if it's your first time looking at all these new terms and shit but just do a little reading and research and you'll see it's not hard at all

Yeah shit gets easy after that. I'm a member on their and always check in. It's ballastatuz on their though. They don't allow fuck lol
November 29, 2012 @ 05:57 AM
WhatsGoodZiM

Finally rooted my phone... got paranoid android, dont even know where to start.cool
November 29, 2012 @ 11:46 AM
Mr_Chukes

Finally rooted my phone... got paranoid android, dont even know where to start.cool

How do you like it?
November 29, 2012 @ 01:26 PM
jaythestar

I just a samsung gs3...I need some help. Im trying to figure out what apps i can get rid of/delete/hide (i.e. music player, smemo, suggest, flipboard and all that extra BS) any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
November 29, 2012 @ 04:40 PM
Mr_Chukes

So far what I have. I need to customize the first page more.

November 29, 2012 @ 07:48 PM
Legit Shit

I like that wallpaper.
Are you using WidgetLocker? I need to find an .apk for it when I get my phone back

upthefunk

November 29, 2012 @ 07:58 PM
Mr_Chukes

I like that wallpaper.
Are you using WidgetLocker? I need to find an .apk for it when I get my phone back

Thanks it's one of the only wallpapers I have liked in a while.
No this is stock 4.2. You get lock screen widgets.
November 29, 2012 @ 11:34 PM
Mr_Chukes

A better icon theme goes well with the clock.
November 30, 2012 @ 05:09 AM
WhatsGoodZiM

How do you like it?

Its been great so far, no complaints. Aside from an initial random reboot, it has performed great. I'm still getting the hang of customizing my phone, and looking into potentially getting a custom kernel lol.

Mind sharing that icon pack though?
November 30, 2012 @ 06:19 AM
CHOPZZ

Chopz that's not even a bad phone to have for MetroPCS. My mom recently got it and I was actually pretty impressed they had that.

Has the phone ever recognized the SD, before you formatted it?

yeah it's pretty bitchin phone. It didn't recognize the SD before or after i reformatted. Ironically tho, the music player app still plays the songs i put it on SD card.

I'm planning to seek for a help from my friend then get a new SD card. If all fails, i'll just go to the store i guess razz

metropcs sucks cuz they dont update the OS of their phones... But considering the fact that they're prepaid carrier, they probably actually want to keep it like that so ppl would buy it.

$50 a month so it works out for me :D

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

November 30, 2012 @ 02:28 PM
Mr_Chukes

How do you like it?

Its been great so far, no complaints. Aside from an initial random reboot, it has performed great. I'm still getting the hang of customizing my phone, and looking into potentially getting a custom kernel lol.

Mind sharing that icon pack though?

Yeah I probably have to go to my girlfriends to root my nexus. I am just on stock 4.2.1 right now. Thanks, they are called circle white icons.
December 1, 2012 @ 02:17 AM
Legit Shit

Thanks it's one of the only wallpapers I have liked in a while.
No this is stock 4.2. You get lock screen widgets.

oh word? I guess I never realized since I used facial recognition on the lockscreen and I haven't had my phone in 5 DAYS now. God damn Best Buy had it on backorder.. should be here Monday

upthefunk

December 1, 2012 @ 03:49 AM
tkisbadluck

I got my nexus 4 cool cool

nice. i got mine as well and i love it.

if you haven't already, you need to call your service and make sure your plan is provisioned for hspa+ so you can get the speeds you should be. i switched over from the Galaxy S3, so my plan was on a 4G LTE plan. Since the nexus 4's IMEI isn't in AT&Ts system, i get defaulted to "data plan for smartphones" If you call tech support and get someone who isn't a fucking retard on the phone, you can explain to them that you need them to put an IMEI on your account that supports HSPA+ and it will work for your phone.

if you download the app "speediest" you can see the difference in what you have now and what you have when you get on the correct plan.

WTB SUPREME PIN DOT NAVY MEDIUM / SUPREME CAIRO HOODIE MEDIUM

December 1, 2012 @ 04:07 AM
Mr_Chukes

@tkisbadluck I love mine to. This is how you get the fastest HSDPA scores.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2004900
SOLVED: AT&T terrible speedtest results (fixed mine)
December 1, 2012 @ 04:47 AM
tkisbadluck

word. i guess you already know about xda as well haha.
i cant use those settings because i already had my account reprovisioned for HSPA+, that link tells you how to get it working with a 4G LTE plan.

also, if you havent figured it out yet. SENDING mms doesnt work on gosms or handcent yet. the stock messaging app can send mms though

December 1, 2012 @ 02:47 PM
Mr_Chukes

i cant use those settings because i already had my account reprovisioned for HSPA+, that link tells you how to get it working with a 4G LTE plan.

also, if you havent figured it out yet. SENDING mms doesnt work on gosms or handcent yet. the stock messaging app can send mms though

I use stock. I love the ui lol
December 1, 2012 @ 05:17 PM
99%Shit

narsha.narsha.narsha

December 1, 2012 @ 11:23 PM
me>u

My G-Nex. Still rockin that stock live wallpaper cool

instagram: funthera

December 2, 2012 @ 03:00 AM
tkisbadluck

I use stock. I love the ui lol

I like the stock UI too. i use GO SMS though because of the iphone emoji plugin.

My G-Nex. Still rockin that stock live wallpaper cool

Man after I discovered the android world and the nexus4, i got a little bummed I wasn't on that GNex bandwagon a long time ago. Solid phone...except for that 5MP camera.

December 2, 2012 @ 05:49 PM
Mr_Chukes

@tkisbadluck how do you like stock android over touchwiz. I liked touch wiz at first. I wasn't a bug fan of the colors though. Now that I got my nexus. I love stock android the look the feel. The entire swipe motif.
December 2, 2012 @ 07:33 PM
tkisbadluck

@tkisbadluck how do you like stock android over touchwiz. I liked touch wiz at first. I wasn't a bug fan of the colors though. Now that I got my nexus. I love stock android the look the feel. The entire swipe motif.

i love it.

a couple things i want to know though, i want to set a custom ringer for an alarm but cant figure out what folder to put it in to make it show up with the alarm ringtones.

and the video showed that you can put some favorites in the notification blind, i cant figure out how to do that.

oh, if you didn't know already..having a new nexus device qualifies you for 50GB of storage on Box. so download the app "box" and sign up. i use dropbox, but now i have box for a backup.

December 2, 2012 @ 11:50 PM
Mr_Chukes

i love it.

a couple things i want to know though, i want to set a custom ringer for an alarm but cant figure out what folder to put it in to make it show up with the alarm ringtones.

and the video showed that you can put some favorites in the notification blind, i cant figure out how to do that.

oh, if you didn't know already..having a new nexus device qualifies you for 50GB of storage on Box. so download the app "box" and sign up. i use dropbox, but now i have box for a backup.

Yeah I just downloaded my box storage. I wish it would have been Dropbox or google drive. I use Dropbox as well. I'll look into the custom ringtones thing and the notification shade.
I love the stock text tone and ringtone though aha
December 2, 2012 @ 11:59 PM
tkisbadluck

i love it.

Yeah I just downloaded my box storage. I wish it would have been Dropbox or google drive. I use Dropbox as well. I'll look into the custom ringtones thing and the notification shade.
I love the stock text tone and ringtone though aha

yeah im still using the stock text tone. the problem is that none of the alarm ringtones seem like they would wake me up. ive been using the imperial death march for an alarm ring for years. its impossible to sleep through that haha

as far as phone ringtone, im using the metal gear solid codec ring. im not really into having actual songs for ringers.

December 3, 2012 @ 12:14 AM
me>u

I installed the stock 4.2 to my G-nex.

It's alright.

I had a custom 4.2 rom before that was MUCH faster.

The only reason why i want the stock 4.2 is cause of the widgets on lockscreen lol

instagram: funthera

December 3, 2012 @ 07:49 AM
CHOPZZ

C'mon son, Go Launcher is a poor choice if you're running 4.0+. Stock launcher is better, but Holo, Nova, Trebuchet, and Apex are all WAY better than Go Launcher.

As to why you can't find you 'My Files' folder, it's because there isn't one on most stock phones. I'd recommend Solid Explorer. Try that, if it can't find the sdcard0 or sdcard1 mounts, you're probably out of luck.
Good looking out. Now I use Nova and solid explorer. the SD Card issue has yet to resolved tho. Might have to take it to the store to see whats up. Most likely I'm doing something wrong.

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

December 3, 2012 @ 02:58 PM
99%Shit

Formatted to FAT32?

narsha.narsha.narsha

Please login first to reply.