Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 10, 2012 @ 05:41 PM
backlikethat

Whatever your major is, tell us one fact/thing you know/learned that many people don't know.

I'll go. History major.

-French-Indian war was a war between mostly England and France. Not France and indians (native americans)

-French-Indian war was the spark that lead to the American and French revolution

-George Washington caused the French-Indian war dawg

-The tea act that caused the Boston Tea party wasn't because tea or the tax on tea was high. The price and tax on tea was actually very little. However the townshend act taxed all imported goods coming into the colony.... 18 million pounds of tea were being imported... this sparked the boston tea party...

-King George III of England was mentality insane. He had a debate with his horse and shook his hand with a tree... He was cured by a pastor who gave him time outs when he misbehaved.

-John Adams (2nd President of the US) was the lawyer who defended the British soldiers for causing the Boston Massacre. he won the case.
October 10, 2012 @ 08:01 PM
Panther.

im in high school APUSH and i know those lol

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

October 10, 2012 @ 09:10 PM
backlikethat

im in high school APUSH and i know those lol

that's because it's us history... us history is a joke to anyone who learned it.

but most ppl who never took history classes further than the requirement wouldnt know what i stated above.

if you want a real challenge in history, you'll go to african/asian history. throw in England too.
October 10, 2012 @ 09:24 PM
Kilog

What are you planning to with a history major? career wise
October 10, 2012 @ 09:25 PM
REVS

Business - Accounting/Economics

-There's no such thing as a "Free Lunch" someone somewhere has to expend labor, capital, and resources. Even though the said "lunch" might be free to the consumer, it isn't.

-The 4 basic marketing P's are Price, Product, Place, Promotion all used by firms to create and distribute products the most cost-efficient way to the consumer.

-Full employment isn't when the unemployment rate is 0%.. "Full employment is when the unemployment rate is between 3-4%.

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

October 10, 2012 @ 09:31 PM
backlikethat

What are you planning to with a history major? career wise

learn the mistakes of past dictators and kings and rule the world.

sike na, i plan to be a teacher
October 10, 2012 @ 09:42 PM
craigsagersuit

-There's no such thing as a "Free Lunch" someone somewhere has to expend labor, capital, and resources. Even though the said "lunch" might be free to the consumer, it isn't.

-The 4 basic marketing P's are Price, Product, Place, Promotion all used by firms to create and distribute products the most cost-efficient way to the consumer.

-Full employment isn't when the unemployment rate is 0%.. "Full employment is when the unemployment rate is between 3-4%.

TINSTAFL cool

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

October 10, 2012 @ 10:02 PM
paulywalnuts

Management Information Systems

-basically information and data and organization of such information and data dictates the way almost all business make decisions these days...my job is to work in between the software engineers, the programmers, and technical people and the business people, the end user or the consumer. i am supposed to be the link between them. i am not a computer science student, basically im a tech saavy business person. i still do not have a job in my field.
-almost all businesses use some type of information system

i master bait from time to time/// WTB: anti hero/sup jersey...medium... white>black>kelly

October 10, 2012 @ 10:17 PM
Black Donald Trump

fine arts major.

figured out that arts not real.
October 10, 2012 @ 11:20 PM
thegodfather

Sociology major we in dis
October 10, 2012 @ 11:26 PM
CrackPipeLips

kush smoking and ciroc sippin major

make sure you buy your weed from a reputable dealer and always have at least 3 bottles of ciroc to keep the bitches happy
October 10, 2012 @ 11:44 PM
Jollibee.

Bio Engineering
- I will make Resident Evil real.
October 11, 2012 @ 12:31 AM
Norrin Radd

I feel like this is common sense

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

October 11, 2012 @ 12:52 AM
falsenaga

Going back to shit most people don't know about U.S. history..

The War of 1812 was probably the most pointless war in American history. Nearly all the terms upon which the war was fought over (namely the fact that Britain wouldn't recognize the neutrality of U.S. trading vessels) were settled by Britain prior to the war. However, because it took so damn long for news to travel from Britain to the U.S., James Madison declared war on Britain before he got the memo.

And thus began the U.S.' long-running career of stupid wars.
October 11, 2012 @ 01:07 AM
th3kid

@apache I plan on taking the exact same career path. I wanna teach history to HS students.
October 11, 2012 @ 01:21 AM
jafeel

Whatever your major is, tell us one fact/thing you know/learned that many people don't know.

I'll go. History major.

-French-Indian war was a war between mostly England and France. Not France and indians (native americans)

-French-Indian war was the spark that lead to the American and French revolution

-George Washington caused the French-Indian war dawg

-The tea act that caused the Boston Tea party wasn't because tea or the tax on tea was high. The price and tax on tea was actually very little. However the townshend act taxed all imported goods coming into the colony.... 18 million pounds of tea were being imported... this sparked the boston tea party...

-King George III of England was mentality insane. He had a debate with his horse and shook his hand with a tree... He was cured by a pastor who gave him time outs when he misbehaved.

-John Adams (2nd President of the US) was the lawyer who defended the British soldiers for causing the Boston Massacre. he won the case.

This some basic high school/ wikipedia history dawg
October 11, 2012 @ 01:44 AM
caseem

i am currently a high school history/law/political science teacher

majored in history, minored poli sci then majored in secondary education. they key is patience for you guys that want to teach high school... it's almost mind numbing to almost give away answers to students that wont put in even an hours worth of in class work to get an assignment done. it is also a lot of work, but a great job
October 11, 2012 @ 01:48 AM
RiFF RaFF

meteorology major my niggas

- we do not become fucking weatherman's, those are actors not meteorology majors.

- in 50 years we will not have anymore ice on the poles

- global warming is man made and our co2 levels in the atmosphere has never been this high in 1 million years.

-we are all fucked

Be about it

October 11, 2012 @ 01:52 AM
i_hate_simps

Profit Maximizing at MR=MC
October 11, 2012 @ 02:08 AM
Black Donald Trump

- we do not become fucking weatherman's, those are actors not meteorology majors.

- global warming is man made and our co2 levels in the atmosphere has never been this high in 1 million years.

-we are all fucked

global warming is part man made, part natural, and actually it hasn't been this high like ever as far as we can tell. and i wouldnt say we're fucked quite yet but we definitely need to make some very drastic changes asap or we could be fucked very soon. its important not to make shit seem too bad or else people will go straight from ignorance to apathy without doing anything to fix the problem.
October 11, 2012 @ 02:15 AM
beck0n

chemical engineering

the material balance equation:
accumulation = input - output + generation - consumption

mass cannot be created or destroyed. this equation allows you to account for matter as it flows through a system. applies to everyday stuff like cooking, too.

FS: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/219212

October 11, 2012 @ 02:52 AM
RiFF RaFF

-we are all fucked

global warming is part man made, part natural, and actually it hasn't been this high like ever as far as we can tell. and i wouldnt say we're fucked quite yet but we definitely need to make some very drastic changes asap or we could be fucked very soon. its important not to make shit seem too bad or else people will go straight from ignorance to apathy without doing anything to fix the problem.

-we are all fucked

i don't have faith in humanity to simply change our habits and fix the problem. my goal is to figure out a different method and make it so we can adapt.

Be about it

October 11, 2012 @ 04:04 AM

Inactive

to those of you who are confused as to why 'full employment' is never 0%, it is because there is always a natural rate of unemployment that the economy will thrive in, which in a nutshell is basically unemployment caused by structural changes to any given sector of the market. As long as technology evolves there will always be some form of unemployment (not necessarily bad). the term 'full employment' is a little counter intuitive in that sense.

econ majors weoutchyea cool
October 11, 2012 @ 04:13 AM
tmwtg

Finance/Economics

- We just move assets from one place to another and make $$$ off that.
October 11, 2012 @ 04:29 AM
DATSHTKRAY

Any comp science people?

Please login first to reply.