Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
October 8, 2012 @ 10:57 AM
Laurence of Arabia

Basically,

I'm 6"3 nearing 6"4 and its such a pain finding clothes that fit correct when I go shopping (correct meaning, in proportion, i.e shirts not coming up too short or jeans/trousers too long), I don't even shop online for clothes now days, as I dread the hassle it'll be only to find out my purchases don't fit which tends to be a common occurrence. Am I the only one with these kinds of problems, if not what are your suggestions ?

First world problems, I know...
October 8, 2012 @ 11:07 AM
Jay Z

sucks bruh that steady 5'9 lifestyle cool
October 8, 2012 @ 11:08 AM
Laurence of Arabia

You're lucky for real, I swear most clothing is made for people around that height !!
October 8, 2012 @ 12:29 PM
Pantic

I know the feeling a little, only goes for jeans with me tho.
But fuck it, rather be tall and have a harder time finding jeans than being a 5'9 midget ass
October 8, 2012 @ 12:31 PM
modernmischief

Im 6'4 and my clothes fit fine,you must just be a scrawny fuck then
October 8, 2012 @ 02:17 PM
totalespionage

Basically,

I'm 6"3 nearing 6"4 and its such a pain finding clothes that fit correct when I go shopping (correct meaning, in proportion, i.e shirts not coming up too short or jeans/trousers too long), I don't even shop online for clothes now days, as I dread the hassle it'll be only to find out my purchases don't fit which tends to be a common occurrence. Am I the only one with these kinds of problems, if not what are your suggestions ?

Lol, my cousin used to wear shirts that were always proportioned funny on him because he's really tall. Sleeves are normal length but shirt is above his waist. He's like 6'4 but skinny as fuck...oh well 5'10 lifestyle for me so im good with the sizing in most clothes.
October 8, 2012 @ 02:46 PM
Laurence of Arabia

Im 6'4 and my clothes fit fine,you must just be a scrawny fuck then
Not really I weigh 16 stone/100 kilos and hit the gym regularly...also what you may consider a fine fit for yourself might not be the fit I am looking for when Im putting an outfit together...
October 8, 2012 @ 02:48 PM
Laurence of Arabia

Basically,

Lol, my cousin used to wear shirts that were always proportioned funny on him because he's really tall. Sleeves are normal length but shirt is above his waist. He's like 6'4 but skinny as fuck...oh well 5'10 lifestyle for me so im good with the sizing in most clothes.

That's more or less my problem, the only solution I have is wearing the XXL T-Shirts from American Apparel, the fits got the perfect length and the build is correct.. ! The jacket I am wearing is so bad too, its a regular North Face one but it comes up noticeably short :/
October 8, 2012 @ 02:51 PM
Laurence of Arabia

But fuck it, rather be tall and have a harder time finding jeans than being a 5'9 midget ass

Lool I love how you specify "5'9"...I agree though, women love my height so I'd rather be how I am now, rather than sacrifice my height and miss out on its perks
October 8, 2012 @ 03:02 PM
totalespionage

Basically,

That's more or less my problem, the only solution I have is wearing the XXL T-Shirts from American Apparel, the fits got the perfect length and the build is correct.. ! The jacket I am wearing is so bad too, its a regular North Face one but it comes up noticeably short :/

Whats your height and weight?
October 8, 2012 @ 03:06 PM
Laurence of Arabia

@totalespionage Im 6ft3 and weigh roughly 16 Stone/100 Kilos bro !!
October 8, 2012 @ 03:11 PM
totalespionage

@totalespionage Im 6ft3 and weigh roughly 16 Stone/100 Kilos bro !!

Your a good weight for your height. I have to wear medium size shit because a large will start to look too big for me. I weigh 145 pounds (I know im frail and DGAF).
October 8, 2012 @ 03:19 PM
Laurence of Arabia

@totalespionage Thanks, and thats no problem man, as long as you're healthy and happy ! Any suggestions on denim that fits well ? I've tried Evisu but they are way too baggy and Levis are cool also
October 8, 2012 @ 03:29 PM
totalespionage

@totalespionage Thanks, and thats no problem man, as long as you're healthy and happy ! Any suggestions on denim that fits well ? I've tried Evisu but they are way too baggy and Levis are cool also

Honestly I hate to tell you to go here because their always saying "size down" but the folks at SUFU (superfuture) will be the best place to ask denim sizing questions.
October 8, 2012 @ 03:38 PM
Laurence of Arabia

Cheers man ! I'll check em out
October 8, 2012 @ 04:06 PM
totalespionage

Cheers man ! I'll check em out

No prob. I would suggest getting Sanforized denim for your first "jawnz" (lol). They will have very minimal to no shrinkage so the fit is true to size. IDK just some things that might help you. I have been the same height and size since like 9th grade so I have never really had sizing issues, but I know how frustrating it is to have a nice piece of clothing and the fit is not in tune with your body structure. Shit sucks man.
October 8, 2012 @ 04:21 PM
Swerve.

Basically,

I'm like 6'2 but my wingspan is 6'9 and i weigh like 215 right now, with huge thighs and a huge butt. so when i wear shirts, they either come up short on my arms because theyre so long, or they look real baggy when they fit my arms. and when i get jeans, they fit really awkwardly, especially since if i get the right waist size theyre real tight on my thighs, if i go big eniugh for my thighs theyre loose in the waste, its a real hassle.
October 8, 2012 @ 04:27 PM
Laurence of Arabia

@totalespionage My exact pain lol, seems as though being able to fit into a size M is the best option, I'll check out that Sanforized denim !! Check out PIRA$Y clothing !!
October 8, 2012 @ 04:29 PM
Laurence of Arabia

Basically,

I'm like 6'2 but my wingspan is 6'9 and i weigh like 215 right now, with huge thighs and a huge butt. so when i wear shirts, they either come up short on my arms because theyre so long, or they look real baggy when they fit my arms. and when i get jeans, they fit really awkwardly, especially since if i get the right waist size theyre real tight on my thighs, if i go big eniugh for my thighs theyre loose in the waste, its a real hassle.

Sounds bad man, just run loads you'll drop denim size in due time
October 8, 2012 @ 04:45 PM
traggi

October 8, 2012 @ 04:51 PM
dmwalking

Don't shop online for starters. Try things before you buy them. Learn your neck size and sleeve length and buy oxfords that match. Also, get Ralph Lauren buttons ups. They tend to have longer shirt tails to make sure they stay tucked in. And find a tailor. Sometimes you have to size up to get the right length and tailor to get the right fit. Don't be gun shy about spending the extra dough at the tailors. If you're buying quality, it's a worth while expense IMO.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

October 8, 2012 @ 04:54 PM
dmwalking

Tailor bro. I don't know much about quality denim tailors that bring in the waist, but I'm sure there are some guys out there.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

October 8, 2012 @ 04:55 PM
totalespionage

@totalespionage My exact pain lol, seems as though being able to fit into a size M is the best option, I'll check out that Sanforized denim !! Check out PIRA$Y clothing !!

Alright i'll check it out.
October 8, 2012 @ 05:05 PM
Laurence of Arabia

Don't shop online for starters. Try things before you buy them. Learn your neck size and sleeve length and buy oxfords that match. Also, get Ralph Lauren buttons ups. They tend to have longer shirt tails to make sure they stay tucked in. And find a tailor. Sometimes you have to size up to get the right length and tailor to get the right fit. Don't be gun shy about spending the extra dough at the tailors. If you're buying quality, it's a worth while expense IMO.

Something I've been considering for a while (getting a tailor), I just need to look around and find a decent one, I know there are a lot of chancers about where I live who charge for such shitty jobs, but I dont mind branching out. Also I need to invest in measuring tape asap aha ! thanks for the advice man, I'm going to apply them !

@dmwalking
October 8, 2012 @ 08:19 PM
totalespionage

Something I've been considering for a while (getting a tailor), I just need to look around and find a decent one, I know there are a lot of chancers about where I live who charge for such shitty jobs, but I dont mind branching out. Also I need to invest in measuring tape asap aha ! thanks for the advice man, I'm going to apply them !

@dmwalking

Realtalk though don't feel bad about your height bro, bitches love tall dues because well...you know how women think. I'm 5'10 and been that way since like 10th grade. A nigga still got peachfuzz on his chin lol. Trust me most dudes would kill for your height.
October 8, 2012 @ 08:22 PM
Ishyaboi™

medium life, we live it.

diamonds are forever.

October 8, 2012 @ 08:45 PM
dmwalking

Realtalk though don't feel bad about your height bro, bitches love tall dues because well...you know how women think. I'm 5'10 and been that way since like 10th grade. A nigga still got peachfuzz on his chin lol. Trust me most dudes would kill for your height.

Yup. Even more, women don't care so much about your clothes as much as your fitness and hygiene. Stay well groomed even if you have a rugged look. Stay fit. Smell clean. Keep your breath right and your teeth white. Keep your ears clean, and your skin moist. Things like this actually go a longer way than fresh clothes. A pretty clean nigga with a better body than me in a plain T and jeans will out perform me in my best outfit. So be happy. Tall is good. But this ain't a hygiene thread so I'll stop hijacking.

October 8, 2012 @ 08:49 PM
jaded

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

Please login first to reply.