SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
October 3, 2012 @ 07:17 AM
JohnvHarrison

so the iPhone 4, a phone that, at release a measly two years ago (and is the same damn phone as the new one minus siri), was $199 USD, is now free (minus at&t, 99 cents).

we serious America? yall are willing to pay $300 bucks for the same damn phone every year? not to mention the 4S is $99 now. maybe its just me, but this shit is retarded how we just discard shit so fast. this is why everyone hates us.

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

October 3, 2012 @ 07:20 AM
Jollibee.

op
October 3, 2012 @ 07:30 AM
megustaleche

iPhone 5 is $199 with 2 year, and isn't the same phone as the 4

My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious

October 3, 2012 @ 07:33 AM
JohnvHarrison

pretty much, minus siri, a slightly bigger screen and an a6 processor which Apple CLAIMS is two times as fast as the a5 which they Claim is two times faster than the a4. honestly though, were processor specs ever on any iPhone buyers mind?

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

October 3, 2012 @ 07:35 AM
JohnvHarrison

and the 16gb is $199, 32 is $299

October 3, 2012 @ 07:39 AM
megustaleche

Well a6 makes it the fastest phone out right now, and stuff like this is life look at cars/electronics. Small changes every year yet almost the same thing, but honestly I'm tired of the complaints go back 10 years and look at the cars and phones we had. If you don't like the product then don't buy, but honestly I will probably move from my 4 to the 5 as soon as a well working jailbreak is available

October 3, 2012 @ 07:44 AM
JohnvHarrison

Well a6 makes it the fastest phone out right now, and stuff like this is life look at cars/electronics. Small changes every year yet almost the same thing, but honestly I'm tired of the complaints go back 10 years and look at the cars and phones we had. If you don't like the product then don't buy, but honestly I will probably move from my 4 to the 5 as soon as a well working jailbreak is available

not that i don't like the product, its obviously not a bad phone, its that i don't like the people. there's honestly no point in going from the 4 to the 5, when its essentially the same phone, minus the things previously stated, so its dumb for people to break their necks for it. I know a bitch that payed the full $649 for one and was pissed after realizing no major changes were made. you could say she's dumb as fuck, but thats honestly 70% of the people that "upgraded". even with cars, a 2010 Mercedes is still gonna run you like 30-40k, definitely not gonna be the price of a used lemon.

October 3, 2012 @ 07:53 AM
yaboyjohn

ahahahh op your a fuking bottom feeder...

whats 200$ when u get about 10 stacks a day, oh i forgot u dont no that feeling
October 3, 2012 @ 07:54 AM
megustaleche

Well like I say that's life, and guaranteed that girl just got that phone because it's the newest iPhone just like everyone and so many people never jailbreak and see the full potential of their phone. It's sad

October 3, 2012 @ 08:20 AM
reversal

pretty much, minus siri, a slightly bigger screen and an a6 processor which Apple CLAIMS is two times as fast as the a5 which they Claim is two times faster than the a4. honestly though, were processor specs ever on any iPhone buyers mind?

So... it's a new phone. From what people really care about, this is what the 5 has: A6 chip, LTE, improved res, bigger display, 1080p vid recording +. Basically any phone improvement you can make.
October 3, 2012 @ 08:28 AM
JohnvHarrison

So... it's a new phone. From what people really care about, this is what the 5 has: A6 chip, LTE, improved res, bigger display, 1080p vid recording +. Basically any phone improvement you can make.

my point was that the a6 processor isn't actually a better one, they just tell you it is. nobody that bought it cares about 1080p video recording, and the 4 already had the "Retina Display" screen, so "improved res" is a lie. theres really no way you can justify the million sheep that went out and bought the 5. unless you're one of them. but thats really not my point here. my point is that americans are so stupid, that the same phone with minimal upgrades could be sold a year or two after release and make the predecessor almost completely worthless.

October 3, 2012 @ 08:44 AM
stickie

i'd have to completely agree with op that consumers are just retarded. It's all a marketing scam done by the big wigs out in these tech companies. They say its the next best thing and it can do this and that but all you're really getting is a slightly improved phone. Maybe doing an upgrade and paying 200 for it is not a bad idea, but to buy it for retail or above that is pretty dumb if you've already got the 4 or 4s.
Like the other dude said look at 10 years ago and now, yeah if u had a phone from 10 years ago and got the 5 today of course its a huge difference, but apple's just releasing slightly better phones every year and saying its the biggest thing yet and people just go crazy over it when the phone they currently have can do just about the same thing..
October 3, 2012 @ 11:14 AM
popeyes

watch this.

john lamone is a fag. boland is a fag.

October 3, 2012 @ 02:25 PM
totalespionage

I honestly don't know why people complain about the IPhone 5. It has better resolution, recoreds in 1080p, faster processor, lighter design, bigger screen (one of the major complaints from consumers), and has the best macro. These were all issues that needed to be addressed in their previous models so Apple did what any brand would do, address those issues. What more do you want, for it to suck your dick (no homo)?
October 3, 2012 @ 02:33 PM
Pineapple Espresso

This is just simply not accurate. The phones are not "free," the carriers are just pacing your payments out over the span of your contract. By the end of 2 years at ~ $50 a month those "free" phones have been paid for.

The 5 does have substantial upgrades, LTE, 1080p video, and the A6 chip are big improvements and are all things I would imagine anyone buying a smartphone would look at.

Lastly, it's not necessarily wasteful to upgrade, a lot of these phones hit secondary markets. They aren't being thrown away. I bought the 3g 4 years ago and have upgraded every 2 years pretty much without paying anything out of pocket. I just sell my old model for the price of the upgrade and take great care of my phones so they maintain their value. People are always trying to buy iphones without a contract.

You gotta think beyond thought to fish for a mermaid - Chuck Inglish

October 3, 2012 @ 02:42 PM
Shoutbox

lol @ OP not understanding technology.

all benchmarks show the 5 is faster than the 4. 1080p recording makes a big difference if you plan to watch it on a tv or something like that, so you relating 1080p recording to the "higher res"/retina display shows your lack of knowledge. LTE is a big.

and to answer your question, why do ppl buy it? because of hype, why do ppl pay $170 for some shoes that are 10+ years old and have not changed? they dont even make you jump higher sad plus do you know how many of those millions sheep were eligible for upgrades? or looking for a new carrier? like $200 is not a lot to spend on a device your gonna use as much a cell, so why not get the best option. this whole shit is stupid you can stay with your phone, let ppl buy the phone they want.
October 3, 2012 @ 02:48 PM
reeser

Lol it's free with a contract. They just do deals like this to make idiots like you think it's free. But you have to pay for that phone for 2 years
October 3, 2012 @ 03:06 PM
jgrand03

Op just mad his mom won't let him upgrade still stuck on that sidekick one with a crack in the screen
October 3, 2012 @ 03:46 PM
kbos

watch this.

WOW. smh why do mother fuckers go on killing rampages and shoot up schools and batman and offices. Somebody should go around picking off people like her instead or go shoot up the katie perry movie or a guido club.
October 3, 2012 @ 04:16 PM
traggi

So it's faster...
Bigger screen...
Metal back...
Better camera...
LTE support...

What the hell do you want out of a new version? To suck your dick?
October 3, 2012 @ 04:19 PM
guyitsmathew

sold my iphone 4 for 235
got the 5 for 200
free upgrade cool

http://www.guyitsmathew.net/

October 3, 2012 @ 04:20 PM
ⓜⓘⓝⓓⓔⓡⓐⓢⓔⓡ

Theres a few things that the 4 can't have that the 5 does. LTE, Turn-by-Turn Navigation, better camera, 1080p HD Recording. Even the 4S doesn't have LTE/4G and if you have AT&T and think you're getting 4G with a 4S you're an idiot.

Also a lot of people sell their previous models and either pay nothing for the new model or pay even less than what they're advertised at.

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

October 3, 2012 @ 05:23 PM
kbos

AT&T is garbage on the east coast. I get no service in Boston, no service in NYC, no service in long island - oh but I get great service when I visit fam a couple days every year in buttfuck no where wisconsin, where towns have double digit populations (literally) and omish riding by is a regular sight. What the fuck is up with that, as soon as this contract is up im going to verizon so I can actually order a fucking pizza once in awhile. I can do pretty much anything with my iphone except USE IT AS A PHONE.

Phone anger truthful but not that serious tho...
October 3, 2012 @ 05:29 PM
beck0n

sure it's "free" but you're essentially throwing away $450 towards the latest device, your loss homie.

FS: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/219212

October 3, 2012 @ 05:32 PM
backlikethat

my galaxy nexus is like..... $10 i think lol.
October 3, 2012 @ 05:35 PM
missy.

my chump of an uncle sold me his 16gb iphone4 for $50 so he can get an iphone5 cool it's like brand new too.

i have tmobile pay as you go, $15 a month unlimited text plus 10c per minute.. das like a $25 a month phone bill.

weeeee.

i also found out that there's a $30 unlimited web and text plus 100 mins a month for new activations (tmobile pay as you go)..

if you can find some chump that'll sell their iphone for like $50.. you're golden. dat super low phone bill :3

--

hmm, i also don't care about the upgrades.. or internet.. if anything, i'd much rather have an old phone that works well... but i like using the utilities/apps that i have.. as long as the phone works and can text, take a pic, send and receive calls, then im fine. (random thought)

El Chino : id let claire fuck me with a strap on while im on poppers

October 3, 2012 @ 05:50 PM
JohnvHarrison

Im not bashing iphone 5 fam, wnd be real, the majority of people that bought one can't even tell you what processor it has. That's my point. We're so quick to jump on the new and "better" thing, that a phone that niggas were paying out the ass for just two yeats ago is now worthless. Be reaal, its not a substantial upgrade, and it sure as hell wasn't one that was needed. Apple just keeps feeding you telling you that its better, paying sites to say its better, but irl you aren't gonna compare, cause you just traded in you old one, so you couldn't do a side by side if you wanted to. The point is why buy shit we don't need so quickly, it renders what was top of the line two years ago worthless. Oh yeah and tthe contract thing is a given. You gonna buy the phone without it? You gonna have the phone and not be able to call? So yeah, it is free. Your gonna pay a bill regardless, so by your logic, your payinh way more than 200 for a phone you don't need.

October 3, 2012 @ 05:55 PM
REVS

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

October 3, 2012 @ 05:57 PM
traggi

Be reaal, its not a substantial upgrade, and it sure as hell wasn't one that was needed. Apple just keeps feeding you telling you that its better, paying sites to say its better,

Again I say:

So it's faster...
Bigger screen...
Metal back...
Better camera...
LTE support...

And that's just on the surface. What else do you want out of a new version? To suck your dick?

It was an improvement. To ignore that is to be pretty much technologically blind. Just because the aesthetic design wasn't as much of a jump as the 3GS to 4 was doesn't mean the internals weren't changed.

You want to complain about release saturation and planned obsolescence? Look at how many Android phones with how many OS compatibilities are released within the same timeframe. Or how the Nokia phones with Windows Phone 7 are ALL obsolete because of no compatibility with the soon to come WP8.

A strawman argument of the highest caliber that doesn't even address the iPhone 5 in its observation.
October 3, 2012 @ 06:04 PM
reversal

What exactly defines a "substantial upgrade then?" You realize that other phones are almost upgrading at the rate of once every 6 months. With every popular product there is always gonna be people that are idiots and get it just because its popular, but that doesn't mean the 5 is shit. If the iphone wants to hold on to it's crown as the most popular phone out, they have to upgrade their tech to compete with competitors, which you're saying is something they're not doing at all. C'mon son.

Please login first to reply.