suspended

@thug
please don not come in this trhead if u hav nuttin to contrubute

Shutup bitch
October 3, 2012 @ 03:02 PM
dmwalking

considering that i live in canada, i don't go to the doctors much

but i would like to try and get some prometh & codeine from them

Could you explain that? Why don't you go to doctors much. How does being Canadian have to do with that? Is it because it's a pain in the ass? Is it because you're generally healthy?

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

October 3, 2012 @ 03:07 PM
SilvioDante

@dmwalking I hear all this yapping about healthcare being free in canada yet i hear its a pain in the ass to go. Maybe the canadien can shed some light.
October 3, 2012 @ 03:07 PM
ThugBear Numba6

suspended

@thug
sorry.

It's ok
October 3, 2012 @ 03:56 PM
99%Shit

considering that i live in canada, i don't go to the doctors much

but i would like to try and get some prometh & codeine from them

Could you explain that? Why don't you go to doctors much. How does being Canadian have to do with that? Is it because it's a pain in the ass? Is it because you're generally healthy?

I think he meant that despite having free healthcare, he strangely doesn't go. I'm the same way. It probably is because he's generally healthy though.

You gotta keep yourself as healthy as you can. If you're not feeling right, you gotta try something BEFORE it gets bad. Too many wait and do nothing until they NEED to rush to the doctors, or they rush to the doctor before they try anything themselves.

Starting a candida cleanse on the weekend, gonna get my health game back in check, I was eating too much shite food over the past... 3 years, so I gotta flush the nastiness out.

narsha.narsha.narsha

October 3, 2012 @ 04:01 PM
dmwalking

@99%shit Thanks for the insight. Yeah, it's kind of a different thing for a lot of Americans. NIgs go to the doctor after waiting it out because we aint' trying to add another bill to our lives. Makes matters worse. I think people in other countries are generally healthy because y'all don't worry about the bill so when you're sick you just go.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

October 3, 2012 @ 04:05 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

I think in theory healthcare for all should work. I'm from the UK and its good that everyone can have healthcare but seriously it needs financial support for it to work

Right now the cuts to the NHS leading to incredibly long waiting times for patients has led to alot of people hating the way the NHS is. It seems absolutely riddled with problems - I can see why Americans don't want it but it can be done well

I think other countries in Europe run their healthcare nicely
October 3, 2012 @ 04:09 PM
dmwalking

@brun Why have there been cuts to the NHS?

October 3, 2012 @ 04:10 PM
SilvioDante

@99%shit I heard that candida shit works. But i myself cant do it the whole 7-14 day detox is just to fucking hard. Im a fucking foodie and that shit isnt helping me one bit lol. I stick to my eat alright and go to the gym and stay somewhat alright. Id like to try it but my will power is shit.
October 3, 2012 @ 04:21 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

@brun Why have there been cuts to the NHS?

Governments using austerity to try and reduce the budget deficits and reduce debts

With all things if your country is financially strong or they just pump alot into healthcare it can do well, if not though unsurprisingly it may falter
October 3, 2012 @ 05:15 PM
TIMDOT

They're trying to sell off parts of the NHS and schools to private companies that only care about profit, taking away resources that people need and giving them to the minority that can afford it.
There is also an increasing amount of pressure put on people working in the public sector(working for the government) because of these austerity plans sacking people, whilst the people left have to do there jobs on top of their own.
I bet we're going to see another massive general strike in the next year or two.
October 3, 2012 @ 05:43 PM
99%Shit

@99%shit I heard that candida shit works. But i myself cant do it the whole 7-14 day detox is just to fucking hard. Im a fucking foodie and that shit isnt helping me one bit lol. I stick to my eat alright and go to the gym and stay somewhat alright. Id like to try it but my will power is shit.

I bought two badass cookbooks today at work so that I can reward myself with good food after completing the cleanse. Aiming for the 7 day, but I'll do the 14 if I don't want to shoot myself after 5.

narsha.narsha.narsha

October 3, 2012 @ 05:43 PM
Crejus

No. I don't mean older by join date @silviodante . I just said that because you could put clues to figure out I'm way into my 20s most 06 members are in like the same age bracket some older than others. I'm just using to the older thing to show you how I deal with things differently, honestly, I could of been immature and play you because you really came at me like I was some scrub with terrible insurance. At no point my comments were snobbish, shit I even told you I came from a poor upbringing and I'll still not rich. I gave you what you put out. If you think I'm snobbish because I referred you to a book..... I'll save you trip Euthypho is a Philosophy book...The Craftmen were people with knowledge in their craft, but felt that that translates to everything else. I understand that you're in the health field and you're making good money. I'm happy for you, but that doesn't mean you got this whole life thing figured out. You showed how quick you are to jump at shit when I said 20% upfront and you turn around and said your insurance pays 75% but tell me to get better insurance. I been caught your error but you got to give people a chance to see where they messed but you're really trying to seem right here.
October 3, 2012 @ 06:34 PM
applejuice

I think he meant that despite having free healthcare, he strangely doesn't go. I'm the same way. It probably is because he's generally healthy though.

You gotta keep yourself as healthy as you can. If you're not feeling right, you gotta try something BEFORE it gets bad. Too many wait and do nothing until they NEED to rush to the doctors, or they rush to the doctor before they try anything themselves.

Starting a candida cleanse on the weekend, gonna get my health game back in check, I was eating too much shite food over the past... 3 years, so I gotta flush the nastiness out.

Exactly. Clincs are crowded mostly with paranoid parents with kids running around everywhere, seniors, or people on the verge of death. Obviously self diagnosis isn't always the best option but you have to some sort of research and people do not do that. We actually have a lot of options up here in terms of getting information but people don't use them, Wait times are long because the doctors never want to turn people away for a day so they end up filling their schedules with ridiculous appointments and can't budget their time. In addition to do that we just don't have enough doctors in Canada period. Realistically if I spoke to my friends and family and asked them when was the last time they went to to the doctor for a medical issue it'd be awhile. The only real reason I go to the doctor is because I'm a girl and we have to once a year, I'm not bout that cervical caner life.
I do think having subsidized/socialized healthcare does benefit our country's quality of life. As long as a doctor can deem your prodedure medically necessary; it's free, and the only personal financial loss come from the time off work if you're not on salary.
Sure, taxes are higher than what they are in the states but the benefits of that are definitely worth it.

youlooklame.tumblr.com

October 3, 2012 @ 07:30 PM
SilvioDante

@crejus nah i meant my bad if i came off snobbish im in my mid 20s as well. Ill be looking up that book sounds interesting.

@applejuice-2 Same here i have it i have private ins and i never go till im in a o shit i think i should go state.
October 3, 2012 @ 07:37 PM
eidaow

I think he meant that despite having free healthcare, he strangely doesn't go.

bingo.

~ h a n s u m ~

October 3, 2012 @ 07:42 PM
Cheeched

Canada's health benefits are pretty tight. Probably because the cops don't give a fuck if you're smoking a joint while walking down the street.

Irrelevant. However, cops do care. Marijuana IS illegal here. A lot of officers will look the other way, but if you outright, blatantly smoking in their face, they're often FORCED to act. Don't be stupid and ruin it for the rest of us. It's no different than public drinking, most don't care if you're low-key and discrete, but if you hootin' and hollerin' like you a Don, then they will fuck with you.

Only time they truly look the other way is at big rallies when ~500+ people are smoking, but you best believe they got dudes out there snapping photos of your dumbass. Low-key, stay safe.

You're in Ontario nigga, come to BC
October 3, 2012 @ 07:47 PM
Crejus

@silviodante Yeah, no beef. Plato's philosophies are good reads that make you question shit. Hope you enjoy.
October 3, 2012 @ 08:26 PM
dmwalking

@timdot Good info. Damn b. Sounds crazy.

@applejuice-2 Thanks for the input. Does Canada have private options? Or is it 100% socialized?

October 3, 2012 @ 08:37 PM
SilvioDante

@crejus just got it from amazon for free.
October 3, 2012 @ 08:54 PM
99%Shit

Canada's health benefits are pretty tight. Probably because the cops don't give a fuck if you're smoking a joint while walking down the street.

Irrelevant. However, cops do care. Marijuana IS illegal here. A lot of officers will look the other way, but if you outright, blatantly smoking in their face, they're often FORCED to act. Don't be stupid and ruin it for the rest of us. It's no different than public drinking, most don't care if you're low-key and discrete, but if you hootin' and hollerin' like you a Don, then they will fuck with you.

Only time they truly look the other way is at big rallies when ~500+ people are smoking, but you best believe they got dudes out there snapping photos of your dumbass. Low-key, stay safe.

You're in Ontario nigga, come to BC

I've been, you still gotta low-key. They don't look to bust ya, but if you're being stupid, they'll still nick ya. I've been up and down the island and in Metro Van. It's still technically illegal. I've had no more issues with public smoking in Ontario than I have had out West though.

narsha.narsha.narsha

October 3, 2012 @ 11:22 PM
applejuice

@dmwalking There are private hospitals but they're referred to as "clinics". So you can go to the hospital and it's free or you can go to a clinic (like we have Medcan here in toronto) and essentially what you're getting is first-rate ("high end" if you will) medical services. They'll test for everything under the sun, and give you same day results. That's what people have insurance for. Prescriptions, dental, physiotherapy (that isn't a part of your hospital stay) things like that require a person to buy insurance. Anything that happens in the hospital is free, unless you want a private room, in that case you need to contact your insurer or pay out of pocket. The government will foot the bill for everything necessary that happens in the hospital. The logistics vary from province to province but the concept is the same. And like say if i go to germany and break my arm and it costs $300 , I bring the bill back and they (OHIP) pay for what it would be worth in canada; if it's $250 then it cost me $50 to break my arm.

youlooklame.tumblr.com

October 4, 2012 @ 06:03 PM
dmwalking

@applejuice-2 Thanks homie. I'd take that situation any day over what we have over here.

Please login first to reply.