Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
October 2, 2012 @ 06:18 PM
dmwalking

Aight man, I didn't wanna derail my dude's vent thread but I think this subject is relevant.

So share your thoughts. Share your experiences. I'd love to hear from Europeans and Canadians who have socialized healthcare.

My thoughts: We should be socialized for people who can't afford healthcare. And if a person CAN afford it, they should have the option to choose private doctors.

I think it's ridiculous that people are forced to choose between their child's life or their home. "Hey baby, we saved you from dying, but now we have no where to live and we can't afford your medicine." It's ridiculous.

Health insurance is a pain too. Like, first off, they look for ways to avoid paying. 2ndly, the idea of copays is crazy. It's wild how many people who HAVE health insurance sell their homes, pull out extra loans, or are just forced into having horrible credit because of COPAYS.

IMO, the European and Canadian models are working just fine. The amount they'd take out of my check for taxes would pretty much be the same amount I pay for insurance anyway.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

October 2, 2012 @ 06:29 PM
dmwalking

To much shit behind this people don't understand. I'm in healthcare business. We don't get paid for people that come in on government dime. This Obama shit hes trying to pass is gonna kill us. I work in a Top 5 Hospital in the nation and our fear is the Docs we have are gonna bail to the Private Sector. We will be left with the alright docs the new guys and so on. We will have to lower our high standards and it'll trickle down and make us all shitty county hospitals. Also take into the fact that prices for everything and so many jobs will be lost because companies would rather cut employees and stay under the limit needed to enforce the reform. Companies like Papa Johns Pizza is already talking about raising prices because they cant afford to pay for everyones healthcare. Its a gaint cluster fuck.

Explain how hospitals don't get paid for medicaid recipients. WTF is our tax money paying for? Plastic ID cards?

About the good docs moving to the private sector...that's their perogative. If they're in it for the dough, then let their colors show. And the "alright" doctors are still better than not having doctors at all. The hospital is not the priority. The patient is. Those who can afford to pay for private doctors should go to their private doctors. Those who can't afford treatment can now get treatment and prevention (which is tantamount to a strong healthcare system) without fear of going into debt. Win/win situation.

And I'm sorry, but a huge company can't pay for the insurance? Yes they can. They just don't want to. They don't want to compromise their lifestyle to help relieve their fellow man. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for them. Corporate interests should never over ride the interests of the public.

I don't hear cats in austrailia complaining about their system. It's working fine.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

October 2, 2012 @ 06:45 PM
dmwalking

LOL. @paris Your trolling is so bad that it's good. Like, everyone knows your schtick to just be corny and annoying. But it's like, even though we know that's your goal, it still works. I can't say you're a productive member of HB. But you're a necessary evil. Keep doing your thing. I hope it fulfills whatever need it is you're tryig to fill.

October 2, 2012 @ 06:53 PM
99%Shit

I feel safe knowing that OHIP has my back in the event that I need to go to the hospital. Also feel safe that I have benefits through work that cover Rx and extras. I haven't been to the doctor in ~2 years, and haven't been to a hospital in ~8.

The doctors here, the ones that didn't dip to privatised sectors in other countries(Brain Drain), seem to be paid off by those that they're giving Rx for though. Check-ups are free regardless of coverage, but all the doctor essentially does is Google some shit and prescribe some shit based on that., they'll also send you to a blood lab. If they find out you have coverage, expect to have lots of Rx thrown at you. Orthopedics are a huge scam now, pretty much any issue an insured person has with their feet will result in ~$600 orthopedic insoles that don't work much, if at all better, than some $25 Dr. Scholl's x $75 Nikes. There's far too much back-scratching in public health care. I mean, it's good to have it in the event something SERIOUS happens, but for day to day, nah, it's fairly useless.

I stick to Googling Homeo/Naturopath solutions first. 9/10 times, they work as well as Rx, with no adverse side effects. I see people that have been on anti-anxiety Rx for >10 years that look like nervous wrecks, whereas I saw saw results from Passion Flower based gel caps within 1 week. About to get some Kava too, so that I can switch it up every few weeks to avoid building up a tolerance, which is another plus of homeo/naturopath 'meds', you can change them up and mix n match with ease and relative safety(always research first, obviously).

95%(pulling this out of my ass) of all doctors are in it for the money, public or private, they'll find a way to get it. Personally, I think there should ALWAYS be an option of both public and private, two-tier is the way to go.

narsha.narsha.narsha

October 2, 2012 @ 07:12 PM
dmwalking

@99%shit Been one of the better posters on HB. That was informative. Thanks.

Any links to that homo naruto medicine though? LOL. Nah for real, I'm interested in Homeo/Naturopath info you might have. Links?

October 2, 2012 @ 07:37 PM
99%Shit

Honestly, I just google 'symptom/issue' 'homeopathic remedy' and check the top 3 links. I pick 2 or 3 of the suggestions that show up on all 3. Peep some reviews, wiki pages, etc. on each one, then walk my ass down to Shopper's Drugmart and start looking through the supplement/homeopathy shelves. Don't expect an in-and-out 5 minute stop your first time though. Different brands have different dosages, different combos. Took me 3 trips in to realise that I couldn't just find a Passion Flower gel cap, it was in the anti-stress/insomnia mixes. There was a Passiflora tincture, but that was 4x the price and roughly the same dosage found in the caps I ended up getting. It's not exactly expensive, but like I said, I AM covered, so all Rx treatments are technically cheaper for me. So I guess it could be a tough decision for some people to switch over to naturo from Rx if they ARE covered, especially when the Rx is Ph. D endorsed and the naturopath stuff is anecdotally endorsed.

http://altmedicine.about.com/
Is a good place to browse for some light info. It's good to be open-minded about this stuff too, because placebo is powerful.

However, if I break my arm or some shit, definitely not going to a yoga class, I'm hitting up the hospital 100. I don't want anyone reading to misconstrue my favouring natural remedies for basic ailments to discounting medical professionals. I just know too many people that book a doctor's appt for a stuffy nose and end up coming home with antibiotics just because they over-dramatised their symptoms and the doctor loves to hand out Rx for kickbacks.

narsha.narsha.narsha

October 2, 2012 @ 07:51 PM
SilvioDante

To much shit behind this people don't understand. I'm in healthcare business. We don't get paid for people that come in on government dime. This Obama shit hes trying to pass is gonna kill us. I work in a Top 5 Hospital in the nation and our fear is the Docs we have are gonna bail to the Private Sector. We will be left with the alright docs the new guys and so on. We will have to lower our high standards and it'll trickle down and make us all shitty county hospitals. Also take into the fact that prices for everything and so many jobs will be lost because companies would rather cut employees and stay under the limit needed to enforce the reform. Companies like Papa Johns Pizza is already talking about raising prices because they cant afford to pay for everyones healthcare. Its a gaint cluster fuck.

Explain how hospitals don't get paid for medicaid recipients. WTF is our tax money paying for? Plastic ID cards?

About the good docs moving to the private sector...that's their perogative. If they're in it for the dough, then let their colors show. And the "alright" doctors are still better than not having doctors at all. The hospital is not the priority. The patient is. Those who can afford to pay for private doctors should go to their private doctors. Those who can't afford treatment can now get treatment and prevention (which is tantamount to a strong healthcare system) without fear of going into debt. Win/win situation.

And I'm sorry, but a huge company can't pay for the insurance? Yes they can. They just don't want to. They don't want to compromise their lifestyle to help relieve their fellow man. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for them. Corporate interests should never over ride the interests of the public.

I don't hear cats in austrailia complaining about their system. It's working fine.

We don't get paid for a service sounds crazy right? But that's how it happens we give our service for free. But you know who ends up getting raped and screwed? The people with insurance. we charge a medi patient 50k for surgery because we are taking a hit at cost not making any money. Here comes and guy with insurance and his 50k case is not in the 200k which his ins will likely only cover part.

Patient comes first... Thats what everyone would like to think. Yes we do everything possible bend over backwards but in the end its all about $$$ Our top surgeons and Drs never take a patient that is here on a freebie. Those go to the less experience and its a cycle. If they ever get high recognition they will move up and send the freebies to new generation. It sucks and not all docs are the same but honestly the new generation of docs is all about the money. Most will pay their dues and once theyre done with residency hello private sector. What i meant as a trickle down effect is Less money less hospital standards less nurses less patient care. A nurse at my location makes 40$ to start private hospital 60$ think the nurses are gonna stick around with more work load? Nope.

Not all companies can afford to pay. If you rather pay higher prices and higher taxes to cover insurance for everyone cool. Most people rather not.
October 2, 2012 @ 07:55 PM
AndreLutherKing

I want to move to Canada, the land of Degrassi & Free Healthcare for citizens. Sounds like heaven

Chicks barely dancin, glancin every chance they get, like - oh shit, he's so HANSUM

October 2, 2012 @ 08:06 PM
rabbitman

fun fact: US is the only 1st world country without universal healthcare.
2012 surveys of highest quality of life rank the US as #9
1. Norway
2. Australia
3.Sweden
4.Netherlands
5.Germany
6.Switzerland
7.Ireland
8.Canada
9. USA
#1-8 all have universal healthcare

be careful what you pretend to be

October 2, 2012 @ 08:07 PM
dmwalking

@silviodante Damn dog, that IS crazy. SMFH. This whole situation is crazy man. I can't knock a doctor for wanting to get dough. And I honestly don't even mind if less well off people can't affford the best care as long as they're able to get care. I mean, we have public and private schools, you know? Why? Because we believe that education is a basic human right that benefits the country. Public water because clean water is a basic human right. Well, with disability claims going through the roof, it's in our country's best interest to make sure that Americans are healthy. I believe that in a developed country, healthcare is a basic human right that benefits the country. If I can't afford to send my kid to a public scool, should they not get an education? Well, if I can't afford a private doctor, should my kid just not get treatment? Feel me? Something's gotta give. I acknowledge that the quality might decrease.

Oh no, we won't have 40" plasma TV's in the lobby and marble furnishings. LOL. Iono man, I don't have the answers. But clearly there's a problem.

IMO there should be private insurance for those who can pay for it, and public insurance for those who are middle class and below. Everything will balance itself out if you think about it.

October 2, 2012 @ 08:11 PM
dmwalking

fun fact: US is the only 1st world country without universal healthcare.
2012 surveys of highest quality of life rank the US as #9
1. Norway
2. Australia
3.Sweden
4.Netherlands
5.Germany
6.Switzerland
7.Ireland
8.Canada
9. USA
#1-8 all have universal healthcare

I'm sayin though. I'm 90% sure they're healthier too.

October 2, 2012 @ 08:28 PM
SilvioDante

@dmwalking We got county hospitals... No insurance is needed there but why dont people go? Shitty service/long waits/not the best. Most hospitals will go private when the flood of uninsured start hitting hospitals.

I deal with big time $$$$ my cases aren't any less than 200k and i have to end up making it up and if you have insurance be sure i will get my money from you. Its a total fucked up system that needs overhauling but wont append.
October 2, 2012 @ 08:38 PM
dmwalking

Ain't not such things as county hospitals where I"m at so I'm sure you can understand now why I feel that way. And when I was younger I used to do debt collection for medical bills. NIggas getting medicaid were just like, oh I must have forgotten my card that day. They call the hospital. Account pulled. But hard working people are scraping to pay crazy copays and deductibles. You're right man. It's a dirty system. I don't see it changing either.

But like I said, I think it would balance out. People WILL spring for private insurance and private doctors if they have the means to do it. But, on the other side, those who can't, while they'll suffer a loss of quality (but still better than nothing), they won't have to suffer a massive financial set back. It would balance out. Just like other socialized systems around the world. But again. Not gonna happen cuz dudes are too accustomed to getting that rape money. They aren't just gonna give that up.

October 2, 2012 @ 09:04 PM
SilvioDante

@dmwalking In your case where county hospitals arent available then i can see why its needed. Here in L.A we have plenty of county places some are even in top 15 list if west coast hospitals. Still the service is questionable and if your emergency isnt life threatening be sure you will wait up to 20+ hours before they see you. The goverment run hospitals make it hard for this shit to work when they rape the state and charge 50$ for a 1cent bandage.

When i was uninsured a few years back and got a blood infect was at hospital for 3 days on hardcore anitbotics got a fat bill for 32k they charged me 48$ for 1 roll of tape to hold my IV line and 100$ for cottonballs lol. Its fucked and i hate seeing the sick not get treatment. But a mass healthcare system wont work the way we are structured and its being structured now under Obummers reform. Its got so many shitty implications its worse than not having INS at all.
October 2, 2012 @ 09:16 PM
Crejus

I got good health insurance. I'm not one to run to doctor all the time though. Why? they want that 20% upfront...I spent like 300 last week between two dentists and x-rays then I gotta drop 500 on Friday. This health insurance shit is crazy and financial aid doesn't really help me. It's either be broke ass shit or rich....us in between get fucked so hard. I came from a poor single parent island upbringing and they make it hard for you to want to come up in life unless you're going from poor to extremely rich in like a blink of an eye.
October 2, 2012 @ 09:27 PM
SilvioDante

@crejus Get better ins? My coverage is great pay 0 for all regular visits for dental and vision any specialty work needed is 75% off. Vision I get a 300$ glasses allowance so i always rock the Chanel/gucci frames lol. My medical isn't that bad 50$ ER and 20$ scheduled visits. Guess its more of a what does you employer offer. I pay 24$ a month for my baby and wife... Niggas gotta step up to the healthcare jobs its good money.
October 2, 2012 @ 09:37 PM
rabbitman

@crejus Get better ins? My coverage is great pay 0 for all regular visits for dental and vision any specialty work needed is 75% off. Vision I get a 300$ glasses allowance so i always rock the Chanel/gucci frames lol. My medical isn't that bad 50$ ER and 20$ scheduled visits. Guess its more of a what does you employer offer. I pay 24$ a month for my baby and wife... Niggas gotta step up to the healthcare jobs its good money.

good to see life worked out for you.

be careful what you pretend to be

October 2, 2012 @ 09:46 PM
Crejus

[sarcasm]I like how you respond to stuff.[/sarcasm] You make it so easy to be an asshole in this situation. It's like you're trying to be informative and brag at the same time. Your situation isn't like everyone else. Get off that high horse a bit, the fall is crazy. Well, I have the best insurance option I could get from my job(the other options are shittier) and we live in completely different states.

And no. I want a healthcare job because it's "good money". I rather be a developer/programmer, because that's what "I" want to be, it's also "good money."
October 2, 2012 @ 09:53 PM
SilvioDante

@crejus .... Hence why i said niggas gotta get in that healthcare industry. Its not about bragging but atleast knowing what you can get with a little bit of work and schooling. People take shit to lightly until they are in the gutter. Trust me i was there it was hell you wake up to nothing in life and makes you feel worthless. I stepped up my game from reading similar post of fuckers letting you know what they got and how they got it. Im just doing the same. Everytime i post about work and money i end with a "good to school and step up your game" Most people here wont know whats out there so yea i guess it can come out as bragging but if the dude reading it is like that lucky fuck i want that too. Well hell atleast it opened his eyes. If anyone needs some advice on healthcare profession hit me up. Trust me you could be a young ass dude and go to as little as 2 years of college/trade school and be starting out at 25$ a hour. Just need that motivation....
October 2, 2012 @ 10:08 PM
Crejus

I'm probably older than you. Again homie, you don't know me. Look at my join date. I'm one of the older members here who hardly post now . You're giving good advice, but to someone who knows. You're talking to me like I'm some little kid. Take a second...read your responses....flip the shoe on the other foot. I'm just not into back and forth on the internet. Who said it was a regular visit? I said 20% so obviously my procedure I'm going to get is about 3000+ with the numbers I provided.

and yes your opening comment, "get better ins?" then proceed to talk bout Chanel/Gucci qualifies as bragging...probably not intentional but you did it. Took my situation and made it yours....you should read Euthypho from Plato....you remind of the craftmen
October 2, 2012 @ 10:22 PM
dmwalking

I got good health insurance. I'm not one to run to doctor all the time though. Why? they want that 20% upfront...I spent like 300 last week between two dentists and x-rays then I gotta drop 500 on Friday. This health insurance shit is crazy and financial aid doesn't really help me. It's either be broke ass shit or rich....us in between get fucked so hard. I came from a poor single parent island upbringing and they make it hard for you to want to come up in life unless you're going from poor to extremely rich in like a blink of an eye.

Exactly.

October 2, 2012 @ 10:24 PM
dmwalking

Did you PICK your insurance or did your job hook it up. I mean, you work for a hospital don't you? Point me the right direction of picking insurance like yours. Where I'm at, you take the insurance that your job provides you. Like it or not. And I'm getting raped. It ain't as simple as "get better ins."

October 2, 2012 @ 10:26 PM
dmwalking

@dmwalking
i'll stop. i'm not trying to troll. just trying to clown. dnt want anyones attention actually. just bored.

Do your thing b. HB is a time killer. If you pass it clowning, do that. If you pass it having decent convos, do that. smile Be happy my dude.

October 2, 2012 @ 10:28 PM
Crejus

come to think of it he said he gets 75% percent off specialty work and my insurance pays 80%....get better insurance right?
October 2, 2012 @ 11:05 PM
Cheeched

Canada's health benefits are pretty tight. Probably because the cops don't give a fuck if you're smoking a joint while walking down the street.
October 2, 2012 @ 11:58 PM
99%Shit

Canada's health benefits are pretty tight. Probably because the cops don't give a fuck if you're smoking a joint while walking down the street.

Irrelevant. However, cops do care. Marijuana IS illegal here. A lot of officers will look the other way, but if you outright, blatantly smoking in their face, they're often FORCED to act. Don't be stupid and ruin it for the rest of us. It's no different than public drinking, most don't care if you're low-key and discrete, but if you hootin' and hollerin' like you a Don, then they will fuck with you.

Only time they truly look the other way is at big rallies when ~500+ people are smoking, but you best believe they got dudes out there snapping photos of your dumbass. Low-key, stay safe.

narsha.narsha.narsha

October 3, 2012 @ 04:08 AM
ⓜⓘⓝⓓⓔⓡⓐⓢⓔⓡ

this is the type of threads I like to see on HB cool

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

October 3, 2012 @ 02:34 PM
SilvioDante

@dmwalking Luckily i get to pick my INS from the cheapest which is still a private hospital at a rate of 7$ for my family a month to what i pay now which is the 2nd best. The top of the line one is nice but i dont need that much coverage. On your own health plans are a rape 300$ a month for 1 person isnt affordable for shit unless you got deep pockets.

@crejus Please dont say older by join date if thats what you meant. If not idk how old you are and maybe you have more life experience. Im just saying how i went about it. Was a fuck up when i was young and from reading shit online and seeing niggas cop what i wanted and i couldnt afford made me get on the right path to decent living. Out here in L.A its hard to get a good hustle even when you do its not enough. My income is ok to so cal standards so its not like im rolling in doe.But looking back you right did come off as s snobish comment. Ill take a read at that book.
October 3, 2012 @ 02:43 PM
ThugBear Numba6

suspended

I read every single one of these posts....then I realized I was in the wrong thread.

FUCK YALL NIGGAS
October 3, 2012 @ 02:51 PM
dmwalking

I read every single one of these posts....then I realized I was in the wrong thread.

FUCK YALL NIGGAS

LOL that's pretty funny. I could really imagine you sitting there reading all those walls of text like, "this has nothing to do with white knights."

Please login first to reply.