Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
October 2, 2012 @ 08:09 AM
Saro

This semester has been killing me, I'm taking Bio w/ lab, Chem w/ lab, Trig, and ICS and I work two jobs. My GPA has been going downhill man it's killing me sad I don't even go out on the weekends anymore. All I do is study and that time alone isn't even enough time to study for all my classes evenly. Any of you guys in the same situation? Experiences? I should've dropped a class while I had the chance but I wanna get school over with already. I know getting it over with quickly and having mediocre grades will affect my chances of getting into med school, but damn, I don't wanna be stuck in school forever.
October 2, 2012 @ 08:23 AM
that dude

suspended

"short term sacrifices for long term success" stay motivated and do work schun cool
October 2, 2012 @ 12:29 PM
.kciN

Damn brah, sounds rough... I thought studying while holding down one part-time job was hard enough
October 2, 2012 @ 12:31 PM
LUPS

Tell your Asian parents to quit forcing you to work so hard.

|| instagram: lups1 ||

October 2, 2012 @ 01:59 PM
REVS

I've been mad stressed out with school and work too. I only work one job though, and 5 courses are alot to handle, and with micro, macroeconomics, and calc I feel my plate is full. The whole GPA situation is stressing me out too I tanked my first calc exam, and much like you I'm sure, the classes I'm taking I have to pass, or I'll be taking them again in the spring. Shit just sucks.

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

October 2, 2012 @ 02:34 PM
kbos

OPs semester sounds particularly rough. I get by with not to much stress with a job and 5 courses - but two jobs and THOSE courses, damn. Talk to your professors about your situation, unless they are assholes they should be understanding and helpful. If you really need too you maybe should quit a job, hopefully its easy going and you can go back to it when the time is right. Its less income obviously but cheaper than the cost of fucking up in school.
October 2, 2012 @ 02:46 PM
The Fiasco

Damn I work 4 days a week and go to school the other 3 days. My classes are States, Markets, and Societys; Cognitive Science; Advanced Sound Design; and Production 2. They're pretty tough classes for what they are. I don't even go out anymore either. It's very rare. Hopefully I get this production internship and can quit my shitty job at Nordstrom.

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off

October 2, 2012 @ 02:47 PM
beck0n

As an engineering student, I can offer a few pieces of advice:

-budget your time effectively during the week so that you can enjoy the weekends (somewhat)
-if its financially feasible, reduce your work schedule so that your workload becomes manageable
-study smarter, not harder. re-evaluate how you're using your time at the library; find tutors, study groups, interact with your professors, etc.

And finally, rushing through school isn't going to do you any good if your grades are suffering in the process. Enjoy the ride and don't be so anxious about finishing quickly, life as a student isn't so bad.

FS: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/219212

October 2, 2012 @ 02:54 PM
tbeast

This is my third year undergrad and it seems easy at this point. You just have to manage your time well- show up for class- get your work in on time. I just transferred to a private college from community college on a full scholarship. I have about 2 homework problems each week and a couple papers due at the end of the semester, so I think it'll be easy to get that 4.0. cool
October 2, 2012 @ 03:08 PM
drewblocka

you guys are being so positive lately with them responses cool

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

October 2, 2012 @ 03:37 PM
Specification

How long have you been in school? It sounds like it's only your first year. I know you want to get out as soon as possible but you have to be realistic with yourself. Taking a science class with a lab can be challenging for some, but taking two science classes with lab must be a killer for anyone. Some people can handle 21 credits a semester and some can only handle 13.
October 2, 2012 @ 06:56 PM
Kimo 先生

i know that feel man. work 5 days a week, school 5 days a week. i only have one true day off. but we got this bruh, we got this smile

http://tinyurl.com/3dln5qa

October 3, 2012 @ 09:01 AM
Saro

It's actually my 3rd year, and im falling behind. My gpa started at 3.8 1st semester and has been going down 1 grade every semester. Hopefully I'll manage to hit at least 3.0 at the very least, wish me luck and thank you guys for the advice!
October 3, 2012 @ 07:15 PM
OG_ENABLE

you guys are being so positive lately with them responses cool

True, this isn't the HB I used to know.
October 3, 2012 @ 07:18 PM
kbos

^
when you joined HB was at a low point. Just yesterday I think I posted more here than I had all summer. The culture of this website has changed drastically since 08.
October 3, 2012 @ 07:26 PM
ThugBear Numba6

suspended

I'm taking Bio w/ lab, Chem w/ lab, Trig, and ICS and I work two jobs.

RIP Saro
October 3, 2012 @ 08:33 PM
JacobCecil

I couldn't agree more. So stressful.
October 4, 2012 @ 02:36 PM
blackcanary

Hey, don`t complain about school. Wait until you go to work. I`ve just started my first job after studies – I work in the big good company: www.grupatrinity.pl/ , but I barely have time to eat. Everybody tell me that this is the price of successful career. I`ve got enough already.
October 4, 2012 @ 05:56 PM
paramyxovirus

if you want school to be over...i would recommend avoiding med school. i'm a 3rd year and i can tell you that the shit doesn't get any easier.

Question is why do you have to work 2 jobs? are you paying for school on your own?

If YES, then you need to be able to manage your study time and maybe change your style of study, study on the go using flashcards or some other type of media. maybe find a way to study at work (depends on how laid back your job is).

what worked for me in the past was studying during classes. figure out what course you're really good at, use that course to study for the course(s) you suck at.

hope that helps.

Please login first to reply.