Halloween Sale - Up to 25% Off Your Entire Order - Use Code: NOTRICKS14
September 29, 2012 @ 06:53 PM
Izuna

Look at this new monkey scientist found recently

That thing's face looks very human.

and @bjorn
The bible is BS. I believe that if someone or something created the universe it had nothing to do with magical man Jesus and an omniscient being who is constantly watching and judging us so that when we die we could go to "heaven". I'm pretty whatever created the universe is much too preoccupied or simply doesn't give a fuck about this speck of dust we call Earth.
Maybe the creator IS the universe itself rather than the intelligent human-like creature everyone presumes it to be.

tl;dr: I don't believe in the creation theories of the bible or any man made book. There is no legitimate proof of their God's existence. Whenever you ask a follower for evidence they give you a bunch of quotes completely dancing around the question and not answering it. Also, the Bible has been written by MEN. Again, anybody thousands of years ago could have written that. Bible was probably a hyperbole filled celebrity gossip magazine back in its day or something.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| http://soundcloud.com/izuna ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

September 29, 2012 @ 08:01 PM
jaded

Just be agnostic and stop worrying about it cool

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

September 29, 2012 @ 08:20 PM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

both sides are ignorant as shit

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/217784 http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/206983

September 29, 2012 @ 08:35 PM
Fitch

I remember hearing an explanation that proposed that both theories could be right simultaneously. The crazy part is that when I was reading it, it actually made sense.
September 29, 2012 @ 08:47 PM
slap

Creationism

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

September 29, 2012 @ 08:58 PM
TwiggyDig

Evolution is no longer theory it is fact, religion is just modern mythology

I go with what I can see in this world if you don't beleive in evolution you are blind to the word around you

I consider myself agnostic in the way that if there was proof of an intelligent creator I would accept it and change my beliefs as such

Did i miss the memo that stated evolution was fact?From my understanding its still just a hypothesis made by men (like the bible).

you're just plain flat out wrong. like, straight up. evolution WAS a hypothesis PROVEN as a theory. Theory is a tentative term in science, because scientists, unlike religious folk, don't want to jump to any conclusions, but as far as we know, evolution is as sure a thing as gravity and the sun being the center of our solar system.

And to say it's "made" by men "just like the bible" is ridiculous. Evolution is something that is going on in the real world right now, it's how our biology has developed, its why we are upright creatures with thinking brains that can problem solve and use tools. Something being "made up" is the story of jack and the beanstalk or noah's ark or a 7 day creation.

I dont think I can prove that theres a "intelligent creator" but with a quick google search I can prove to you that events described in the bible have been documented and proven to have happened before.

back your words up and prove it.. I want scholarly documents and/or sources. Not wikipedia.
September 29, 2012 @ 09:01 PM
TwiggyDig

I think you can believe in evolution and also be a religious or spiritual person. It seems as though science is becoming the new religion though. There are so many youtube videos of physics with spiritual music in the background, and the people talking like prophets. A scientist can create a non-falsifible theory (not talking about evolution), and people will except it as fact, just like religion. What's worse is that if you disagree you are labeled ignorant. Science is as true as current knowledge, many times in history scientific theories have proved to be wrong later. I am a scientific person but I am open to spirituality. I think that assuming everything just randomly became perfect from nothing isn't any more logical than the opposite.

of course you can be spiritual and believe in evolution. What the problem is are people saying we should teach creationism in science classrooms. It's people denying the science and pushing it on public schools. This train of thought is primitive and dangerous and religion has had a stranglehold on spirituality that pushes people away from science, but the truth is it is possible to be a man of science and the enlightenment, and a person of spirituality (inner peace, exploration of consciousness, finding happiness) without believing in ridiculous fairy tales.
September 29, 2012 @ 09:04 PM
TwiggyDig

haha what? this makes no sense. It's ignorant to believe in evidence and hard science? No buddy.. It's ignorant to restrict gays from getting married and serve in the military because some jesus freaks think its gods will. You'll never see an atheist or agnostic trying to restrict someones rights or blowing up a building because of what a fairy tale says.
September 29, 2012 @ 09:46 PM
bjornvan

you're just plain flat out wrong. like, straight up. evolution WAS a hypothesis PROVEN as a theory. Theory is a tentative term in science, because scientists, unlike religious folk, don't want to jump to any conclusions, but as far as we know, evolution is as sure a thing as gravity and the sun being the center of our solar system.

And to say it's "made" by men "just like the bible" is ridiculous. Evolution is something that is going on in the real world right now, it's how our biology has developed, its why we are upright creatures with thinking brains that can problem solve and use tools. Something being "made up" is the story of jack and the beanstalk or noah's ark or a 7 day creation.

I dont think I can prove that theres a "intelligent creator" but with a quick google search I can prove to you that events described in the bible have been documented and proven to have happened before.

back your words up and prove it.. I want scholarly documents and/or sources. Not wikipedia.

I dont know much about Evolution as I dont study it, so your right it is a theory thanks letting me know that.Since I dont know much about evolution im not going to argue about it and since you dont know mush about GOD you shouldnt argue about it.
Your telling me that the evolutionary process wasnt made by men ?Who exactly was it made by then ?It just fell from the sky ?I think you mis-read me bro

A theory does not equal a hypothesis. Evolution has been proven the only crucial evidence they're missing is the step 1.

Creation on the other hand: some omnipotent being blinked a couple times and then everything magically appeared. On top of that if God if is so omnipotent why did he have to rest?

Don't deny blatant facts because you are so brainwashed by what you were force fed as a child.

Im not a evolutionist nor a creationist from my knowledge of both, both could be true, so saying that evolution can be proven doesnt mean creationism isnt real .I dont believe in god as human but I try to get to know him as one does that make sense ?You dont know me, so why do you assume im brainwashed by my parents?

@americanlegend no not noahs ark.But more like kings prophisized in the bible, could be proven through science for one,euphrates rivers etc.
I would give you "scholalry documents" and sources but B.E.T is in town and I have to go now smile
but you could look it up yourself if you got the time
September 29, 2012 @ 09:55 PM
bjornvan

haha what? this makes no sense. It's ignorant to believe in evidence and hard science? No buddy.. It's ignorant to restrict gays from getting married and serve in the military because some jesus freaks think its gods will. You'll never see an atheist or agnostic trying to restrict someones rights or blowing up a building because of what a fairy tale says.

He is right.Your saying they believe in fairytale thus causing them to blow up buildings (ignorant ) and they are killing in the name of religion which is also ignorant.
Both are ignorant lol.
I hate those overly religious people because they make religion look bad then you got the theres no white man living in the clouds judging me type making atheist look bad.
its sad really.
September 29, 2012 @ 10:05 PM
ubiquitous

Anyone that still doubts Evolution need only Google LeBron James. Debate over.
September 29, 2012 @ 10:07 PM
saurier

Ha ha ha...

I can't even believe that this is still a debate. Actually I can.

When you are young, it makes sense to believe everything your parents tell you on good faith rather than experimenting and figuring everything out yourself. Anyone other than your parents telling you anything different must be a liar, because well... why would your parents lie to you? They want to you stay alive. It's actually almost cripplingly ironic that this evolved trait is the number one reason why people are unable to change their minds about this issue.

Did you know that the Vatican has released statements saying that the theory of evolution, as well as the Big Bang theory, are not incompatible with the Bible? You're asking yourself, "why didn't I hear about this, this would have been in the news!". That's because it happened OVER 30 FUCKING YEARS AGO. The motherfucking Vatican, who still maintains that condoms are an affront to god, as well as birth control (even though 99% of Catholic women use birth control in the U.S.) has actually examined the facts and come to the conclusion that yes, THE ENTIRE FIELD OF BIOLOGY MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WHEN YOU REMOVE THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION FROM THE PICTURE.

Did you know that the theory of evolution is actually the MOST WELL BACKED UP AND SUBSTANTIATED SCIENTIFIC THEORY IN THE HISTORY OF SCIENCE? We have more examples, accounts, studies, experiments, history that support the theory of evolution than support ANY OTHER THEORY. Even the theory of gravity. There are more scientists named Dick that support the theory of evolution than there are scientists of ANY OTHER NAME that don't support it.

I understand though. When your idea of evolution is a chimpanzee actually TURNING into a human over the course of a year or a day, or whatever, yes, that sounds like it doesn't make any sense at all. But trust me, if you go into a field that has any biology in it, you will be confronted again and again with evolution, and you will be FORCED to use it.

http://saurierco.com ///////////////////// Molosser Rex

September 29, 2012 @ 10:11 PM
AmericanLegend

@bjorn evolution is not man made dude c'mon

taste the glamour

September 29, 2012 @ 10:16 PM
bjornvan

^^ so is the bible.Which was my point.Like I said I think he mis-read what I originally said.
Ha ha ha...

I can't even believe that this is still a debate. Actually I can.

When you are young, it makes sense to believe everything your parents tell you on good faith rather than experimenting and figuring everything out yourself. Anyone other than your parents telling you anything different must be a liar, because well... why would your parents lie to you? They want to you stay alive. It's actually almost cripplingly ironic that this evolved trait is the number one reason why people are unable to change their minds about this issue.

I agree and disagree with this.Alot of overly religious parents kids will turn against religion as its in a child's-teen nature to disobey.It goes both ways.
My parents are far from religious.I dont think either been to church since I was born and im 21.My belief is from my own personal study.I believe everyone else belief should be too.
September 29, 2012 @ 10:41 PM
saurier

The only reason people eventually turn from religion is to discover that people can live happy and meaningful lives without it. These days this discovery is vastly easier with the Internet, social media, and the ability to travel anywhere on the planet. If you have been told that you will go to hell because you masturbated, or that your sibling died of cancer because you didn't pray hard enough as a child, that shit sticks with you. It is hard to get over that.

In a largely homogeneous community of one religion, leaving the religion can have very harsh social consequences. Your family and friends may ostracize you and actually hate you. The penalty for apostasy in Islam is death. That's right, death. If you want to leave the religion of Islam, the Koran dictates that you should be put to death. So it will take a little more than a "child-teens" nature to get over that hurdle.

I don't really see how evolution is "man-made". It makes more sense to switch the words around to get "made-man", because evolution made men. Through the scientific method we are uncovering what nature is doing. We are not creating rules and guidelines for evolution, we are discovering what those rules and guidelines are, and if something comes along that does not fit into those rules, then the rules must be changed. So far, there is nothing aside from pseudoscience, truthiness, and ancient religious texts that can even begin to dispute the mountain of evidence the theory of evolution is built upon.

http://saurierco.com ///////////////////// Molosser Rex

September 29, 2012 @ 11:34 PM
Black Donald Trump

omg there is no god you guys are soooooo dumb OBVIOUSLY all mass and energy and everything that we know are just the result of the random vibrations of some giant 11 dimensional chord i mean thats just SCIENCE, and so it is FACT, i mean DUUUUHHHHH #stringtheory
September 29, 2012 @ 11:38 PM
kr00kd

in my opinion religion was created to be a controlling device of the masses. and it's worked quite well. i'm not saying some of the things that happened in the bible are lies, but i feel they were quite embellished.

i believe in evolution but i am quite spiritual as well. i feel there is some sort of higher power that can't really be comprehended or explained by humans. but i certainly don't think that he is what the Christians refer to as god.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/166901/

September 30, 2012 @ 12:37 AM
99%Shit

He is right.Your saying they believe in fairytale thus causing them to blow up buildings (ignorant )

That's not ignorant, it's fact.

narsha.narsha.narsha

September 30, 2012 @ 12:52 AM
sharky

fuck all that shit bruh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatheism
September 30, 2012 @ 01:00 AM
cdvbxi

both theories are probably wrong. people love flinging shit at each other over bullshit tho. lets feed and clothe everyone first then worry about what's real and what's not.

like a 27 inch zenith, believe it

September 30, 2012 @ 01:04 AM
Axraexl

I believe the bible is 100% accurate so I guess that makes me a creationist.
Fuck a Bill Nye

Deluded moron identified

Nah, fuck you
Prove me wrong and we can go from there

Run away from the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, the land of the sinking sand

September 30, 2012 @ 03:52 AM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

i dont care either way. im here.....thats all that really matters

Websites at your price aodevelopment.co HMU

September 30, 2012 @ 04:28 AM
B Low Brown

i dont care either way. im here.....thats all that really matters

But does it even really matter?

@b_low_brown Killerbrownies.tumblr.com

September 30, 2012 @ 04:47 AM
Thibault

there is way more impossible events in the bible than those "documented events" you say there are, what do you believe in, noah's ark or someshit

Most scientists agree that there was a great flood throughout the Earth at the same time that the Bible describes the story of Noah and the Ark.

"Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.'"
September 30, 2012 @ 06:31 AM
Djarum

saurier holdin' it down cool
September 30, 2012 @ 01:21 PM
frizurd

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
Seneca the Younger

http://thatfix.com/ -- Your daily hip-hop & electronic music fix.

September 30, 2012 @ 01:23 PM
Your Fan

there is way more impossible events in the bible than those "documented events" you say there are, what do you believe in, noah's ark or someshit

Most scientists agree that there was a great flood throughout the Earth at the same time that the Bible describes the story of Noah and the Ark.

"Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.'"

1 Man built an arch that was capable of housing 2 of every animal in the word. Damn, that sounds so believable!
September 30, 2012 @ 02:33 PM
gersh

1 Man built an arch that was capable of housing 2 of every animal in the word. Damn, that sounds so believable!

http://creation.com/how-did-all-the-animals-fit-on-noahs-ark

or

http://creation.com/noahs-ark-questions-and-answers

oh and an index of other fun reads
http://creation.com/refuting-evolution-index
http://creation.com/creation-answers
September 30, 2012 @ 03:43 PM
99%Shit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_myth

All the deluge/flood myths are localised. Even if all the water locked up in ice and the atmosphere went into the ocean, the Earth would NOT be flooded.

narsha.narsha.narsha

September 30, 2012 @ 04:20 PM
slap

What do you mean by localized?
And how do you know that the world didn't have more water thousands of year ago?

An honest question, but for evolution, in what area of the world did it begin? Started in Africa, and people immigrated to Europe, Middle East, Asia right?

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

Please login first to reply.