Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 20, 2012 @ 03:16 PM
99%Shit

Jellybean(official builds) make EVERY Android device run smoother and better. Once you can get OTA upgrades, or buy phones already running JB, even the older Android handsets will perform as well, or better than the iP5. Google Apps are a definite plus over any of Apple's iOfferings. Google Now > Siri. GMaps > Apple Maps. Drive > iCloud. iPhones are great if you're already running Mac/Apple products at home, but they lose their lustre to anyone running Windows or Linux.

I'd take an SGSII on JB > an iP5 any day. So if you consider that the SII is likely FREE on contract, or ~$200 on a budget carrier, and the iP5 is going to be ~$200 on a 2-3 year contract, it's going to be a no-brainer for most non-Apple users. Also, Samsung is moving in their Exynos 4412 powered Galaxies into North America too, which will decimate anything else on the market in terms of raw power, and with JB, they gain that added smoothness too. I'm gonna upgrade to that GNote2 with the 4412 as soon as I can.

narsha.narsha.narsha

September 20, 2012 @ 03:18 PM
leejames

Jellybean is going to ruin the iPhone5.

How so?

From what i've been reading, the iPhone5 has better processing speed then the s3, but the jellybean update is supposed to improve the processor speed & then it comes with GoogleNOW which is supposedly really intelligent -

"Perhaps the most tasty new feature in Jelly Bean is called Google Now -- a feature that lets Google pretend it's reading your mind by drawing on your search history and the location data created by the movements of your Android device.

The Google Now feature is activated by tapping on the search box or swiping up from the bottom of the screen. This pulls up Google Now cards that are filled with up to the minute, contextualised information. Google Now learns when you commute, for example, and tells you traffic information at those times. It also shows you the weather for your location and your work. If you're near a bus stop it can tell you when the next bus is due.

The system can also tie in with your calendar so when you have an appointment coming up it reminds you and also nudges you when you have to leave to get there in time, as if you had your very own PA. It even gives you the relevant public transport information.

Google Now can also automatically update you on the status of something like an airline flight you're getting, or your favourite football team scoring a goal. You don't even need to tell your phone which flight or team to update you on -- it works that out from your searches."

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/android-4-1-jelly-bean-release-date-features-and-more-50007958/

Feelin like a young simba, I can't wait to be the king.

September 20, 2012 @ 03:22 PM
traggi

Jellybean(official builds) make EVERY Android device run smoother and better. ...even the older Android handsets will perform as well, or better than the iP5.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'm going to need to see some benchmarks before I believe that. That's REAAAAALLLY optimistic.
September 20, 2012 @ 03:31 PM
leejames

Jellybean(official builds) make EVERY Android device run smoother and better. ...even the older Android handsets will perform as well, or better than the iP5.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'm going to need to see some benchmarks before I believe that. That's REAAAAALLLY optimistic.

http://www.itproportal.com/2012/09/17/benchmarks-show-iphone-5-trailing-galaxy-s-iii/

These are early benchmarks done, may not be 100% accurate as yet - but it's a good indication & thats with our OS "Ice-Cream Sandwich". (which is like iPhones iOS5)

September 20, 2012 @ 03:35 PM
traggi

http://www.itproportal.com/2012/09/17/benchmarks-show-iphone-5-trailing-galaxy-s-iii/

These are early benchmarks done, may not be 100% accurate as yet - but it's a good indication & thats with our OS "Ice-Cream Sandwich". (which is like iPhones iOS5)

That's the Galaxy S3. I'm talking about Jellybean being a wonder drug for old phones. It's been established that the S3 is better than the IP5 already.
September 20, 2012 @ 03:41 PM
leejames

I dont know if units like the s1 will ever be better then the i5, because the processor in that will be nowhere near powerful enough to match Apple. But, we wont know until Jellybean is released, which is the thing samsung are a nightmare for - not releasing OTA updates for ages.

September 20, 2012 @ 03:43 PM
traggi

I dont know if units like the s1 will ever be better then the i5, because the processor in that will be nowhere near powerful enough to match Apple. But, we wont know until Jellybean is released, which is the thing samsung are a nightmare for - not releasing OTA updates for ages.

That's what I was questioning for. I agree that Jellybean is great and that Android phones do some great things, but some of the claims made by some people are just really lofty.
September 20, 2012 @ 03:55 PM
Norrin Radd

The Google Now features sounds pretty sweet.

I was between the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy Note 2, but since my main computer is OS X (even though I run Windows on it also but don't use it as much) it seems that the iPhone just works better with it, maybe when the next Note comes out I'll switch to the other side.

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

September 20, 2012 @ 07:58 PM
99%Shit

I have the first dual-core handset EVER made, and it runs smoother with CM10/Paranoid Android/AOKP/Etc. builds of JellyBean. If Moto honours their promise of OTA JB for all 2011 devices, I can try it with a less buggy version. Project Butter is the reason JB is a cure all for old devices. And when I'm talking 'old devices', I mean 2011+ dual-core phones, and for the most part, flagships from that era, ie. SGSII, Atrix, RAZR, EVO LTE, etc. However, many of the new mid-range and budget phones are benefiting from JB too. I've used Froyo, GB, ICS and JB, and I can tell you that after trying a buggy half-baked version of JB, I just can't go backwards, it IS that much better. It'd be nice to have an RC or better release of CM10 for my Atrix, but until Moto releases the real JB update, it just won't happen.

The A6 does seem like a promising chip though. I want to see what it can do after the dev community gets at it though. Maybe they can make iOS a less boring ecosystem too.

narsha.narsha.narsha

September 20, 2012 @ 08:01 PM
99%Shit

The Google Now features sounds pretty sweet.

I was between the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy Note 2, but since my main computer is OS X (even though I run Windows on it also but don't use it as much) it seems that the iPhone just works better with it, maybe when the next Note comes out I'll switch to the other side.

Google Now is pretty awesome. Cards are VERY useful. If I'm in a different city, or even my own, it will pop up with schedules for public transit of nearby stops. It also pops up with traffic to home or work, depending on when and where I happen to be. It doesn't require wifi or gps to be on, it can just use cell towers to approximate, and it is usually damn close. The voice search is decent, although still gimmicky to me.

narsha.narsha.narsha

September 21, 2012 @ 12:36 AM
Norrin Radd

If I'm disappointed with the iPhone 5, I might just sell it and get the Note 2.

honestly unless you need gps or a friend to talk to id stick with the 4 instead of the 4s or 5 there literally hardly any of a fucking difference.

Yup the internal parts are exactly the same......

September 21, 2012 @ 12:41 AM
traggi

honestly unless you need gps or a friend to talk to id stick with the 4 instead of the 4s or 5 there literally hardly any of a fucking difference.

Not at all. Different processor, camera and touchscreen just to name a few.
September 21, 2012 @ 01:24 AM
99%Shit

it really isnt worth it though why spend more money for a small small difference its a waste

Small difference? Nah b. The iP4 sucked. 4S was leaps and bounds better, if only for the fact that it was a dual-core chipset.

narsha.narsha.narsha

September 21, 2012 @ 01:29 AM
Bet

I have the droid incredible 2 and I am looking at the iphone 5 my contract has been up for a while now. Tomorrow do you think they will still have phones at the verizon store or does that shit actually sell out?
September 21, 2012 @ 01:35 AM
backlikethat

Android is mastering what ios started.
September 21, 2012 @ 03:15 AM
Norrin Radd

Not at all. Different processor, camera and touchscreen just to name a few.

Sarcasm bro

September 21, 2012 @ 03:17 AM
Norrin Radd

I have the droid incredible 2 and I am looking at the iphone 5 my contract has been up for a while now. Tomorrow do you think they will still have phones at the verizon store or does that shit actually sell out?

Get there early, they do actually sell out

September 21, 2012 @ 03:25 AM
traggi

The guy's screwed as it is, I went to get the iPhone 4 on release day and I was lucky I had a preorder. People without one camped out the night before and I can guarantee they'll be the same tonight as well. There's no point in rushing to get one on release day anyways. There'll be a lot more without the long lines with asshole Apple fans a week from now.
September 21, 2012 @ 03:34 AM
Yasiin Bey

I'm waiting for that iPhone 10
September 21, 2012 @ 03:35 AM
Bet

The guy's screwed as it is, I went to get the iPhone 4 on release day and I was lucky I had a preorder. People without one camped out the night before and I can guarantee they'll be the same tonight as well. There's no point in rushing to get one on release day anyways. There'll be a lot more without the long lines with asshole Apple fans a week from now.

yeah I am in no rush, just thought I could give it a shot to try and pick one up after class. Are people camping out at like best buy and verizons or is it primarily the Apple Store?
September 21, 2012 @ 03:39 AM
traggi

yeah I am in no rush, just thought I could give it a shot to try and pick one up after class. Are people camping out at like best buy and verizons or is it primarily the Apple Store?

Any and all stores.
September 21, 2012 @ 05:17 PM
traggi

Not an official benchmark, but an interesting test in person nonetheless.
September 21, 2012 @ 05:41 PM
LUPS

I went to Wal-Mart the day the 4S came out and had no problem getting one.
There was no line or anything.

|| instagram: lups1 ||

September 21, 2012 @ 05:52 PM
beck0n

arrived at the mall 8:06, was in-line by 8:12, left by 10:00 with a black 64. biked 12 miles in the rain, no regrets. better than waiting 2 weeks for a pre-order.

iOS6 is real slick. ATT didn't fuck with my unlimited data plan, to those who were wondering.

FS: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/219212

September 21, 2012 @ 07:55 PM
luigi

For the 4s release at the apple store, they had a set number of phones they sold each day and it was first come first serve, and they only allowed in-store purchase for the first 2-3 weeks. You were allowed to try and reserve a phone, but after 5 or 6pm and thats if there was any left in stock. After the first 2-3 weeks they allowed in-store pick up.That was at the apple store in my area, they might have different rules other places.
September 21, 2012 @ 08:46 PM
backlikethat

DO NOT use IOS 6 new map... esp for driving direction. It's a huge fail and people can get hurt from it if they're driving. Wait until Apple fixes it.
September 21, 2012 @ 11:12 PM
traggi

Kills me how people will wait in line for a damn phone just to be one of the first to get it. I'll be able to walk into any store I want a week from now and get it no problem.
September 21, 2012 @ 11:14 PM
KevinsThatDude

Got mine in earlier this morning. Tbh, if it wasn't for my free upgrade I wouldn't have gotten it.
September 22, 2012 @ 12:00 AM
╒rozzy

The white one looks so nice.

September 22, 2012 @ 01:40 AM
Norrin Radd

Kills me how people will wait in line for a damn phone just to be one of the first to get it. I'll be able to walk into any store I want a week from now and get it no problem.

Why do you care if other people wait in line?

Please login first to reply.