Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 25, 2012 @ 10:01 AM
trolos714

It's kind of hard to describe, but I have a ton of friends who I'm close to and that I've known for 10+ years, and I've gone out with a bunch of different girls, but at the end of the day I can't help but to feel really lonely, and lost. Every day before I go to bed I think of how today was worst than my previous day, and how saddening the next day will be. I feel like the only positive thing I have going for me in life is that I have good grades in a major that many people consider difficult. Sometimes hanging out with friends makes me forget about the sadness for the time being, but lately I haven't been able to shake it.

HB 325 PostHardcore/Metalcore/MelodicHardcore/Punk/PopPunk/ Skacore

August 25, 2012 @ 12:43 PM
Triangle

its cause u dont do anything out of the ordinary and sponatneous

you could say oh yeah im doing a degree that most people cant do, but your not pushing any boundaries and your not out of your comfort zone at all if u were u wouldnt have time to worry about being sad

ur gonna continue to feel like shit until u change it, simple as that

source: just came out of a huge come down/ rutt in my life

Posts like these make me think that you actually do have a bit of philosophical knowledge and actual input. Then I read the threads you start and think what the fuck...
August 25, 2012 @ 01:04 PM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

you could say oh yeah im doing a degree that most people cant do, but your not pushing any boundaries and your not out of your comfort zone at all if u were u wouldnt have time to worry about being sad

Posts like these make me think that you actually do have a bit of philosophical knowledge and actual input. Then I read the threads you start and think what the fuck...

"gay and aboriginal", "Beating my dick while playing a slow synth pad on garage band", "I LOVE DICK"...

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/217784 http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/206983

August 25, 2012 @ 05:51 PM
Pineapple Espresso

As Devin the Dude says "life is how you live it." Reflecting on the negative aspects of your day and thinking about how the next one may be worse is a choice. It would be much more beneficial to spend the time before bed thinking about what went well today and how to improve yourself tomorrow. It will not necessarily be easy, you are talking about trying to work against thought patterns that have been ingrained in you for possibly a very long time, however it will eventually become natural if you practice. Also you don't have to ignore the bad parts of a day but at least approach them with optimism that you can learn from your own mistakes and become better for having made them. It sounds as if the satisfaction you feel from your grades may be derived more from the fact that others find your achievements impressive rather than feeling truly content with yourself. If this is the case then try to find an activity that you genuinely enjoy so no matter who else acknowledges your successes you can be proud of yourself at the end of the day. Plus if you can do well in a difficult major, just imagine how well you might do at something you purely enjoy. As someone already suggested it would be ideal if that activity pushed you from your comfort zone. Eleanor Rosevelt's advice to "do one thing each day that scares you" really has a lot of value, if you get some adrenaline running and get excited to land a new trick or go faster (if you skate or ski or something similar) or get closer to perfecting your craft the next time you go out, you will look forward to the next day rather than dreading it.

You gotta think beyond thought to fish for a mermaid - Chuck Inglish

August 25, 2012 @ 07:27 PM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

peep my tumblr sig nig, itll help you

:)

August 26, 2012 @ 06:27 PM
trolos714

thanks guys. Lots of good advice in this thread.

August 27, 2012 @ 12:03 AM
B Low Brown

Bruh, HB is a troll forum. There are tons of intelligent folk on this site.

@b_low_brown Killerbrownies.tumblr.com

August 27, 2012 @ 12:32 AM
halfbaked

you need weed....

Edit: Or drugs in general

Shoes: http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/180684/page/2#4412598 Clothes: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/180685/page/2#4412477

August 27, 2012 @ 12:43 AM
DarianaGrande

Bruh, HB is a troll forum. There are tons of intelligent folk on this site.

They just try too hard to fit in with everyone else instead of actually having real replies

http://soundcloud.com/anonymousnigger

August 27, 2012 @ 01:07 AM
tmwtg

Beyond the BS/trolling, I find a lot of HB folks are really helpful. Let's try to keep it at least serious in this topic.

@OP: You need to start pursuing some interests. I'm currently in a rut like you, but I wasn't like this last year when I had interests I actively pursued (and obtained). I think I'm getting a little too stagnant/complacent right now and it scares me more than anything. I'm doing all the things I love, but I'm somehow not "happy/satisfied" with where I am now. It sucks not knowing where you want to go.
August 27, 2012 @ 03:20 AM
senriquez

shit man , sometimes but you just gotta remember life is the way you bouta live it . i'm just dreaming for more shit and pushing for it . nothing but YOU , but life is like that your friends can live your life for you and everyone natural reaction is for themselves to survive and ish...haha
August 27, 2012 @ 03:21 AM
Your Fan

It's kind of hard to describe, but I have a ton of friends who I'm close to and that I've known for 10+ years, and I've gone out with a bunch of different girls, but at the end of the day I can't help but to feel really lonely, and lost. Every day before I go to bed I think of how today was worst than my previous day, and how saddening the next day will be. I feel like the only positive thing I have going for me in life is that I have good grades in a major that many people consider difficult. Sometimes hanging out with friends makes me forget about the sadness for the time being, but lately I haven't been able to shake it.

How old are you? Probably going through teen depression I felt the same way throughout highschool.
August 27, 2012 @ 03:52 AM

Inactive

I feel you mate. I get this too around my neighborhood. The only shit the kids in my town do are get drunk, play beerpong, rugby, and soccer. I've never fit in since Elementary school where my interests layed more towards fashion, photography, skating and art. I'm just glad its my final year of high school because when I make it in the future, and see all the kids who put me down, I'll look at how big of a fail they became by wasting their lives doing jack slinging and getting wasted. Just do you and dont adjust yourself to your surroundings. Find your tribe. Only time will tell.
August 27, 2012 @ 04:24 AM

Inactive

Just keep working hard and strive bro. The bitches will come along later.
August 27, 2012 @ 05:53 AM
trolos714

How old are you? Probably going through teen depression I felt the same way throughout highschool.

I'm 21. Not really sure if that means anything though.
Beyond the BS/trolling, I find a lot of HB folks are really helpful. Let's try to keep it at least serious in this topic.

@OP: You need to start pursuing some interests. I'm currently in a rut like you, but I wasn't like this last year when I had interests I actively pursued (and obtained). I think I'm getting a little too stagnant/complacent right now and it scares me more than anything. I'm doing all the things I love, but I'm somehow not "happy/satisfied" with where I am now. It sucks not knowing where you want to go.

I think I'm going to join a frat or a club this semester just to keep myself occupied.

Please login first to reply.