Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
August 23, 2012 @ 08:59 PM
dinoXSKETCHPAD

Rap should be skill...as with any other job. But nowadays, it's as if there's an opening-position to where ANYONE who can rhyme two words together can become a teacher. Everybody knows somebody who raps and a lot of it is ignorant. You're not skilled. You have nothing to offer. Just rants and raves about sex, drugs, money, and hoes. This is the very reason Rap will never be taken seriously as Rock, Jazz, Soul/R&B. People like Lupe, The Roots, Mos Def, etc...they're much needed to keep some kind of substance in the music amidst the popular mindless stuff. And yes, Waka Flocka and Gucci are NOT under-appreciated. They're much bigger and sell a ton more than the 'backpackers' so your claim is invalid.

I think both kinds of rap are needed. As much as the Top 40 junk annoys me at times, it is also an important part of Hip-Hop.
August 23, 2012 @ 09:00 PM
wehatelondon

suspended

like any job its who you know...skill is irrelevant in anything now adays

instagram-wehatelondon youtube-nicholasmcfly2800

August 23, 2012 @ 09:04 PM
TheRealJoeBiden

THANK YOU BASED GOD
August 23, 2012 @ 09:06 PM
Black Donald Trump

im not saying hes a genius im just saying he knows how to put a song together and when he says "fake shoes thats that shit i dont like" he obviously isnt sitting there trying to think of the most straightforward and obviously smart sounding thing he can. he knows thats a fucking stupid, ridiculous, ignorant sounding thing to say and says it for the fuck of it, playing on the smart v dumb idea. he is intentionally dumbing it down. hes from the gutter, likes ignorant gutter sounding shit, and thats what he makes, and he does it in a smart way. its simply a different sound and a different vocabulary. i think it doesnt make sense to a lot of you because he is quite simply from a reality so far from what you guys have ever experienced that you just cant possibly relate to it, and thats fine, you can just listen to something else.

no i dont think he thinks it sounds ignorant, he prolly doesn't even know what ignorant means. He think its a dope hot line. Niggas like him dont even know what conscious rap is. He isn't intentionally dumbing it down because he really is stupid. Just watch an interview. I know so many niggas just like him. They really do think they are good rappers. Trust me man. I don't know where you're from, but there are truly dumb ass niggas that think Gucci Mane and new Lil Wayne are good rappers with dope lyrics.

And you're saying "i think it doesnt make sense to a lot of you because he is quite simply from a reality so far from what you guys have ever experienced that you just cant possibly relate to it" but if you truly could relate to him then you'd know he's dead ass with his lyrics and thinks he's good. Lil B and Waka on the other hand know they are bad and just accept it.

Chief Keef will be gone in a few months because sadly he's just some dumb ignorant kid thats blowing through his money while burning bridges and he doesn't know how business works.

August 23, 2012 @ 09:09 PM
Siphonin

I still don't understand how Lil b is big he doesn't put out hype music or lyrical.
All he does is yell swag woop and some other random shit
August 23, 2012 @ 09:19 PM
Black Donald Trump

I still don't understand how Lil b is big he doesn't put out hype music or lyrical.

some shit sounds aesthetically pleasing, to some its just funny, some tracks he actually says shit much more real and meaningful than shit any of these "conscious", "lyrical" rappers are.
artistically speaking its basically 21st century dada
August 23, 2012 @ 09:20 PM
wehatelondon

suspended

so lyrical
this shit was epic

August 23, 2012 @ 09:21 PM
Jay_Bird

you right the game need balance

you got to have your dumb rap too

sometimes i dont feel everyday to listen to smart lyrical rap
August 23, 2012 @ 09:32 PM
Black Donald Trump

ridiculous but more meaningful/conscious than anything lupe has ever said
August 23, 2012 @ 09:37 PM
B Low Brown

guarantee you chief keef is a lot smarter than you think he is. the way he raps is 100% intentional.

Na look at his interviews.

@b_low_brown Killerbrownies.tumblr.com

August 23, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
Black Donald Trump

guarantee you chief keef is a lot smarter than you think he is. the way he raps is 100% intentional.

look at the one i just posted. like i said he may not be a genius or the most outgoingly well spoken person youll ever meet but he does shit on purpose
August 23, 2012 @ 09:48 PM
B Low Brown

look at the one i just posted. like i said he may not be a genius or the most outgoingly well spoken person youll ever meet but he does shit on purpose

I see where you're coming from, but it seems like he's just making excuses as to why he isn't as lyrical as he could be

August 23, 2012 @ 09:52 PM
craigsagersuit

hahahaha

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

August 23, 2012 @ 09:55 PM
B Low Brown

Y'all remember Tyga when he dropped the Black Thoughts tapes? He had substance back then. Sad to see him dive so hard into mainstream but a nigga has to make money I guess.

August 23, 2012 @ 09:56 PM
wehatelondon

suspended

and marrying strippers

August 23, 2012 @ 10:00 PM
Black Donald Trump

I see where you're coming from, but it seems like he's just making excuses as to why he isn't as lyrical as he could be

nah man no hate but i think youre the one making excuses
August 23, 2012 @ 10:12 PM
metameme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-mAMH5S6VA
August 23, 2012 @ 10:19 PM
Zeeks

because as you grow up you mature and you want to intelligence not "i need a big booty hoe, bitches ass cocaine nigga" shit...nigga go back to your top40 gay shit and another reason why its hated is look at the kids ages 12-14 look at what those kids look at what they are becoming.
August 23, 2012 @ 10:29 PM
B Low Brown

Lol what

August 23, 2012 @ 10:34 PM
Black Donald Trump

Lol what

your making excuses as to why he makes the music he does, you cant accept he makes that shit because he wants to
August 23, 2012 @ 11:14 PM
╒rozzy

Sure, I listen to Hieroglyphics, Binary Star, Wu Tang, whatever.
I find myself listening to "ignorant shit" every now and then too.

August 24, 2012 @ 12:14 AM
jmac100394

Highly underrated track right here
August 24, 2012 @ 12:20 AM
wehatelondon

suspended

personal favorite

August 24, 2012 @ 12:30 AM
jmac100394

Wordd i fux with that but you gotta check out the original too
August 24, 2012 @ 12:31 AM
Skunk 4 Prez

MAN I DONT THINK YA'LL UNDERSTAND WTF I JUST SAID, 100K ENGINE I WISH A BITCH COULD! LIKE THE LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULD!
August 24, 2012 @ 12:45 AM
B Low Brown

Lol what

your making excuses as to why he makes the music he does, you cant accept he makes that shit because he wants to

You're taking this subject a little too seriously b. if it seemed to me like he makes it because he wants to, I'd have said that. But it doesn't, and I didn't. That's it.

August 24, 2012 @ 12:48 AM
starving

suspended

Lol what

Jamesfrancoriffraff must be a relative of chief keef.. Lol Hop off his dick

In other news 2 Chainz is probably smarter than most of the pinoys in this bitch
August 24, 2012 @ 01:31 AM
Black Donald Trump

im a fan, and idk i just really dont think most of you should be questioning someone else's intelligence...
August 24, 2012 @ 01:51 AM
Moises Arias

LOL at yall niggas acting like Lupe aint mainstream and aint outshining these niggas on the top 40. Lupe lasers made no 1 on billboards selling over 200,000 copies first week. 2 chainz aint even got passed 150,000. Radio got little to do with how successful an artist is today. And just to clarify when i say unappreciated i aint talking bout radio play, im talking about unappreciated as in whenever they drop a song people act like its the end of the world. But when Lupe drops a song yall dicks get hard and yall act like he just spoke about something you never heard of. Nothing he does is new or refreshing. And to tell the truth his lyrics aint on point either.

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

August 24, 2012 @ 02:12 AM
starving

suspended

LOL at yall niggas acting like Lupe aint mainstream and aint outshining these niggas on the top 40. Lupe lasers made no 1 on billboards selling over 200,000 copies first week. 2 chainz aint even got passed 150,000. Radio got little to do with how successful an artist is today. And just to clarify when i say unappreciated i aint talking bout radio play, im talking about unappreciated as in whenever they drop a song people act like its the end of the world. But when Lupe drops a song yall dicks get hard and yall act like he just spoke about something you never heard of. Nothing he does is new or refreshing. And to tell the truth his lyrics aint on point either.

Please login first to reply.